PDA

View Full Version : Best S-rank Mission to Farm?

FenixStryk
Dec 17, 2006, 02:49 PM
Yesterday, me, Chyron, and a couple of his friends were doing a lot of S-rank missions to get quick Fragments, Mission Points, meseta, and (at least in my case) Kerseline. We ended up doing Mizuraki Defense over and over because it gave 34 mission points per run, was quick, and was easy too.

I'm just wondering what you guys think if the best mission to farm.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FenixStryk on 2006-12-17 11:49 ]</font>

Careful
Dec 17, 2006, 02:51 PM
If you do the one on Parum, it's quicker for PA frags.

Randomness
Dec 17, 2006, 03:05 PM
Mizuraki defense is probably the best mission overall, since it has a nice high S rank reward of 3800 meseta and 34 MP, and the enemies aren't too hard, with good xp and drops.

I'll have to do some Mad Creatures, though.

Ryoki
Dec 17, 2006, 03:06 PM
No! Mad Creatures S is so much more fun/easier than Mizu S!

Randomness
Dec 17, 2006, 03:08 PM
On 2006-12-17 12:06, Ryoki wrote:

Earlier I got into a really good group for Mizuraki S, we were S ranking in 18-20 minutes a run, with plenty of rares dropping. Including multiple 10*.

Ryoki
Dec 17, 2006, 03:09 PM
On 2006-12-17 12:08, Randomness wrote:

On 2006-12-17 12:06, Ryoki wrote:

Earlier I got into a really good group for Mizuraki S, we were S ranking in 18-20 minutes a run, with plenty of rares dropping. Including multiple 10*.

Group is the key word XD
I prefer Mad Creatures since it can be soloed or done in a party easily.

JC10001
Dec 17, 2006, 03:11 PM
The answer is, it depends on what you are farming. I voted for Mad Creatures though.

If you care more about farming materials and PA fragments then you do about mission points then the answer is clearly Mad Creatures S. A party of 6 can go through it in no time flat. The money is pretty good too for the time spent. I was getting at least 1,500-2,000 meseta a run and each run lasts maybe 15-20 minutes tops with a good party. You can also solo it without too much difficulty.

If you want the mission points, then I say go with Mizuraki Defense S. I spent some time doing this mission and I noticed it took noticably longer to complete then Mad Creatures S and it was easier for people to die because the Gohmon's barta does a lot of damage (even to fortetechers who have high MST). If you have a good group it might not be so bad. The drops seemed to be a lot less frequent than Mad Creatures though. The mission points are obviously better.

Just my $0.02.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JC10001 on 2006-12-17 12:14 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 17, 2006, 03:13 PM
Mad Creatures is very short, and therefore probably best for farming PA Fragments. The money drops are also very good.

I have not yet had time to try Mizuraki Defense, so I cannot comment on that.

Randomness
Dec 17, 2006, 03:13 PM
On 2006-12-17 12:11, JC10001 wrote:
The answer is, it depends on what you are farming. I voted for Mad Creatures though.

If you care more about farming materials and PA fragments then you do about mission points then the answer is clearly Mad Creatures S. A party of 6 can go through it in no time flat. The money is pretty good too for the time spent. I was getting at least 1,500-2,000 meseta a run and each run lasts maybe 15-20 minutes tops with a good party. You can also solo it without too much difficulty.

If you want the mission points, then I say go with Mizuraki Defense S. I spent some time doing this mission and I noticed it took noticably longer to complete then Mad Creatures S and it was easier for people to die because the Gohmon's barta does a lot of damage (even to fortetechers who have high MST). The drops seemed to be a lot less frequent than Mad Creatures too. The mission points are obviously better though.

Just my $0.02.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JC10001 on 2006-12-17 12:12 ]</font>

The barta is neutralized easily. Buy the ice armor from yohmei and a mega/rainbow.

FenixStryk
Dec 17, 2006, 03:28 PM
In my experience on Mad Creatures S, it's harder than Mizuraki Defense. None of the creatures on Mizuraki S are as fast as the Go Vahras, and it's really hard to dodge a Go Vahra's charge, jump and slash combo. Twin Handgun strafing doesn't do it. =|

That and only 8 Mission Points? Not worth it IMO.

Wheatpenny
Dec 17, 2006, 03:44 PM
Mad Creatures. Quick. Sorry thats all I got.

Sexy_Raine
Dec 17, 2006, 05:56 PM
Valley' of carnage S is joke, I can true solo it with ease, and I'm sure most forces can also. Look for me in Uni2 , "Sleeping Under the Vanda Rocks", join me and you'll understand why I say that.

Randomness
Dec 17, 2006, 06:00 PM
On 2006-12-17 14:56, Sexy_Raine wrote:
Valley' of carnage S is joke, I can true solo it with ease, and I'm sure most forces can also. Look for me in Uni2 , "Sleeping Under the Vanda Rocks", join me and you'll understand why I say that.

Still not the greatest rewards...

Mizuraki>All for S rank mission rewards.

And it can be done in under 20 min.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 17, 2006, 06:04 PM
u need a good group for Mizuraki, but the Goushins are annoying as ever with their going underground, casting Jellen when they pop up, and all that.

Sexy_Raine
Dec 17, 2006, 06:05 PM
For large parties Mizuraki is definitely better no doubt about that(far more rewards) , but if you want to solo, VOC S is a good choice. Lots of meseta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-12-17 15:06 ]</font>

Golto
Dec 17, 2006, 06:05 PM
I voted for Mizuraki Defense overall as other have stated it gives good exp/meseta/mpts for only 20-30 mins in a group. Solo for rares/boards I'd say Fight for Food because of the three mini bosses at the end.

Kuya
Dec 18, 2006, 08:55 AM
Raine, for VoC - as a force - what did you need for run it effectively? Just barta?

Polenicus
Dec 18, 2006, 12:06 PM
I've only done Mizuraki Defense S so far (Only level 43) but there are several different variants of the map, some are nastier than others.

There WILL be a lot of worms. A LOT. They spam their knockdown move too. I recommend bringing photon rechargers for your guns, since that's the least frustrating way to take them down. Use Ice Bullets.

The barta isn't bad once you learn to dance around it to keep out of the crossfire. Though take a few extra scapes if you're melee, because I've had the bad luck of getting nailed at point blank, frozen and then beaten until dead. Repeatedly (Was a BAD run)

PaladinRPG
Dec 18, 2006, 02:14 PM
As long as you have a good group and can learn to not get multi hit with bartas, Mizuraki Defense S is where it's at. I've had some amazing luck there so far with drops, too (two 11* Berinad gems! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif Even if it just looks shiny for now.)

Golto
Dec 18, 2006, 02:25 PM
I use the rifle's fire bullet against the worms because they have 9k hp and lvl 4 burn does 459x5 to them.

Sexy_Raine
Dec 18, 2006, 04:05 PM
On 2006-12-18 05:55, Kuya wrote:
Raine, for VoC - as a force - what did you need for run it effectively? Just barta?

Yes, that against the Vandas, you can pretty much stand there and spam barta(that's how I got it pass lv20, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif) it all day. Zoona I kill with my Diga, take it down with the Bow. Jisurs(forgot what they're called, I can't spell it) use foie/rafioe on them, hide around bridges or other things to kill them easy. Kog Nadds might be somewhat tricky, but not too hard, I can take more physical hits from them than a male beast hunter and I'm a FT thanks to my light armor. Use foie lv21(or Ensei) to inflict lv4 burn, it takes about 994 damage per tick. Lapucha, just use foie/rafoie, keep watch on your HP, they like to gang up on you, use mates if neccesary. If your a FT, give it a try.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-12-18 13:07 ]</font>

JC10001
Dec 18, 2006, 11:04 PM
Um...I'm changing my vote to Mizuraki Defense. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I finally had a good set of runs with it tonight. I was able to find 5 melee players (hunter, fortefighter, etc) and we rolled through it. I used my handgun to tag enemies and then concentrated on using Resta and Reverser the whole time. I got my Reverser up to level 17 (from 15) and my Resta up to level 16 (from 15).

In one run the following items dropped: [B] Nafli-Senba, Cometara (7* wand), Rappies (complete with tree and feathers), Olpad, and a crapload of Neu Ebon. I ended up with the Cometara, a feather, the olpad, and an ebon. Not too shabby.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 18, 2006, 11:30 PM
Mizuraki Defense

Neu Ebon out the ass.
Rubinad and Olpad by the truck load.
Brinad(whatever it is) occasionally.
Junaline occassionally.
lolkubarawood by the truck load.

If you're after meseta then try this place. Other rares dropped but I don't care to list them.

EDIT: I forgot the meseta reward but the points are like 31 I think plus I got a PA Fragment every round; unlike LL S where it can skip a few. It takes 15 mins to S-Rank it too, so go give it a whirl. It'll be over before you know it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-12-18 20:33 ]</font>

ProfessorZ
Dec 19, 2006, 12:01 AM
Mizuraki S. Took me 3 hours to get my other base classes to level 5

-Crokar-
Dec 19, 2006, 12:05 AM
all i want to know is it soloable at lvl 50 with lvl 3 fighgunner?

Carbinne
Dec 19, 2006, 05:08 AM
Misery Defense S took me 1 and a half hours (as fortegunner), way too many healing items and ammo to solo. Don't think I even got that much cool stuff from there at all either. Meseta and MP bonus at the end is phenomenal though, but Ollakas are definately the worst 'dumb-charger' enemy IMO, Gohmons practically require the use of ice armor (unless you block the bartas with a tree root) and worms just try my patience. And I hate the general layout of things there.

Nowdays I solo FFFS mainly. I pretty much have the whole thing down to a T -- break mobs into groups, burn and disable when possible, anticipate and dodge any megids. Might have to move over to Mad Creatures S in order to look for free rifle drops, though.

Guitarsmasher
Dec 19, 2006, 06:31 AM
mizuraki is really good, in did only two runs of it yesterday, and in those runs i got two 10 star mats, and one 8 star mat, in just 2 runs!

drakkula
Dec 19, 2006, 06:57 AM
mizuragi is the one in neudaiz? if yes, this is cool for mp =]

Kuya
Dec 19, 2006, 09:06 AM
I'm in Carbinne's boat - as a fortegunner - it's rough solo'ing any S ranks (well, rough since I'm a newman too). With Burn 4, it helps immensely http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-Crokar-
Dec 19, 2006, 10:43 AM
well i guess ill just have to give it it a shot. i want good stuffs ands i dont have any freinds that are my lvl..lol