PDA

View Full Version : So, I get up this morning...

Midicronica
Dec 17, 2006, 03:35 PM
take a shower, brush my teeth, do all that hygeine stuff, go out and walk the dogs. When I come back I decide I'll help myself to a healthy dosage of PSU. I turn on my television, set my sound systems to my preffered volume, hit the Xbox360 power button. BAM! Three motherfucking red flashing lights! I'm still kind of tired, so I wasn't effected at the moment, I calmly turn it off unplug everything, plug it back, and turn it back on. Same thing. That's fine, so now I take off my harddrive and try again, same thing. I decide to take my 360 into the living room and try there. Same thing.

Still feeling unaffected I call Microsoft support and have about a 30 minute conversation with some French sounding representative (this is where I started to get pissed) she walks me through the procedures that I've already tried and finally we come to the conlcusion that I'd have to send it in. (Which I already knew I would have to do in the first place.)

So, now I guess I'll wait a week for this flimsy box to come in and send my dead 360 off to McAllen, Texas. I'm in Louisiana and right on the border so it shouldn't take too long to get it back, I hope.

God, I want to play PSU..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Moses on 2006-12-17 12:35 ]</font>

washuguy
Dec 17, 2006, 10:07 PM
How unfourtunate...

Fantasm
Dec 18, 2006, 09:54 AM
My friend had that happen.
he went to walmart, bought a new one, put it in the old one in the new box and took it back complaining that it didnt work. I'm pretty sure thats illeagal. not sure though.

Alucard_Zer0
Dec 18, 2006, 10:05 AM
On 2006-12-18 06:54, Fantasm wrote:
My friend had that happen.
he went to walmart, bought a new one, put it in the old one in the new box and took it back complaining that it didnt work. I'm pretty sure thats illeagal. not sure though.

more then likely but hey if that works why not stick it to the man a little

CupOfCoffee
Dec 18, 2006, 10:36 AM
I've heard of people doing that, too--with PS2's, though. I always wondered it if really worked, because I've never tried to return something to Walmart (not sure on how leaniant most of them are on that). I'd probably chicken out at the last second, drop the box, and run away in a Napoleon Dynamite-esque awkward moment for the ages. And lose my video game in the process, haha.

Drakorn
Dec 18, 2006, 10:53 AM
Oh god thats bad so sorry for that, i hope you get it back within a couple of days before xmas.

RoninJoku
Dec 18, 2006, 01:18 PM
Ugh... I keep having disc read errors with my Wii... damn newfangled technology and it's not working corectly! -_-

Fantasm
Dec 18, 2006, 01:37 PM
Generlly i've only seen stuff like that happen with microsoft and sony products.
They never get it right the first time.
examples:
PS2s at first only read the blue disks.
Xboxes were fire hazards.

But nintendo messing up i dont think i've even heard of that happening. I threw my gamecube and it still works. What a let down. poor Wii.