PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever think they'll extend the level cap beyond 100?

DonRoyale
Dec 17, 2006, 03:36 PM
I think they might. That is if they plan to put in new S-Rank missions.

Discuss.

Laranas
Dec 17, 2006, 03:47 PM
I think it's a consideration... there's already news/rumors that Type cap will be increased, and at the rate it'll take you to get from 1->10 there will definately be a need to go past 100 to get to that new cap

Sinue_v2
Dec 17, 2006, 04:18 PM
I doubt it. The JP are only a few months ahead of us - and they already have Hive missions. That's pretty much the end-game area of PSU that I'm aware of, and to the best of my knowladge it doesn't look like they'll be getting a lvl cap past 100 anytime soon.

You do know that PSO only had a lvl cap of 200 because PSO v.1 was such a wreck in reguards to cheating that Sega felt it was best to just basically start everyone all over again going into a new difficulty area and a new level cap. (v.1 rares were worthless in v.2 Ultimate mode.. and it was generally a big pain in the ass to play ultimate until finding your first Red Saber)

So no... I don't think Sonic Team will extend the level cap past 100 simply as an omage to their security screwups and half-assed fixes in PSO.

McLaughlin
Dec 17, 2006, 04:21 PM
On 2006-12-17 12:47, Laranas wrote:
I think it's a consideration... there's already news/rumors that Type cap will be increased, and at the rate it'll take you to get from 1->10 there will definately be a need to go past 100 to get to that new cap

That's been known for a while.

Expert Class jobs will be upped to 20.

Dein
Dec 17, 2006, 04:26 PM
With the expansion they might possibly up the cap beyond 100. Even though the Hive is already out on the JP servers it has been stated that the online mode for this game will have maps, enemies, and items that offline didn't have. Only time will tell but with this game being so grind focused they will probably do something to keep people busy as long as possible.

Yoruichi
Dec 17, 2006, 04:29 PM
its the most logical, why make a new came when you can make small alters to the last one and charge people ala' everquest.

Wheatpenny
Dec 17, 2006, 04:35 PM
I see my last post must have got the old'deletion due to lack of seriousnes.Let me give it another shot. In my humble opinion given curent ratios of experience granted based uppon totals from the missions that have been released thus far i,n my non-expert opinion I stand with firm beleif that in the forseable future of Phantasy Star Universe that the level cap will not be raised due to the massive ammounts of time it would take to grind the exp past level one hundred.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wheatpenny on 2006-12-17 13:37 ]</font>

Careful
Dec 17, 2006, 04:39 PM
by that time there will be only 3 stars on universe 1 at peak hours.

JC10001
Dec 17, 2006, 04:42 PM
Probably not until the expansion. But I do hope they increase the level cap for PMs sooner rather than later. Some of those synthesis rates are pitiful even with a pure PM....especially the armor ones.

Sexy_Raine
Dec 17, 2006, 05:43 PM
Not going to happen, unless we get an Episode 2 like PSO Ep2. S-rank weapons will most likely exist around the lv80-100 range.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-12-17 15:09 ]</font>

Mystil
Dec 17, 2006, 06:13 PM
Wouldn't going beyond 100 drive people into a madness? XD I think it will stay at 100. 80-100 might be one long harsh push and making 10-20 on expert class take a reasonable amount of time.

On 2006-12-17 13:39, Careful wrote:
by that time there will be only 3 stars on universe 1 at peak hours.

You negative people have done your dirty deed and caused people to leave. There's nothing more worse you can do. Go away.

Vhex
Dec 17, 2006, 06:14 PM
100 will most likely be the max as it is in Extra mode. Due to the exploits of Japanese hackers it has been discovered that there is statistic growth beyond level 100 in Extra mode so theres always a possiblity of it, but highly unlikely because it doesn't seem very practical.

AppieDPC
Dec 17, 2006, 06:56 PM
On 2006-12-17 15:13, Mystil wrote:

You negative people have done your dirty deed and caused people to leave. There's nothing more worse you can do. Go away.

Wow they did? They made people leave?
I thought the game did that. If people bitch or not on a forum all depends on how good the game is from their point of view after all.

Ryoki
Dec 17, 2006, 07:10 PM
Maybe. But I am more worried about them adding more S ranks...

Neith
Dec 17, 2006, 07:39 PM
No, and I'd rather it didn't. Lv100 seems like a big grind (I'm only 48, and that's taken a while- seems the only way to level fast is De Ragan spam http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif )

PSU seems more of a grind than PSO (at least, moreso than v3), Id rather not have the grind extended even longer. Lv100 is enough to push for in my situation http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

And Lv20 Expert jobs? That's gonna take forever XD

HiKeRI
Dec 17, 2006, 07:47 PM
On 2006-12-17 15:56, AppieDPC wrote:

On 2006-12-17 15:13, Mystil wrote:

I thought the game did that. If people bitch or not on a forum all depends on how good the game is from their point of view after all.

Actually yeah, its not the game that did it, it was the people who did, cause its all psycology when someone comes and tells you that hamburger tastes bad, you'll beleive it and stick to what you like, in this case, the game didnt had enough content, the hardcore players destroyed others peoples mood of the game, then they followed them instead of trying it, or since the hardcore players where whining about it others people go and whine aswell, its the oldschool "If you do it, i'll do it aswell" "If you smoke weed, then we all smoke weed, if you jump a bridge then hell why not? lmao.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ok now unto topic, yeah i think that they will get the cap even higher if they dont do that then they will just stick to making more rares and keep the story missions even longer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HiKeRI on 2006-12-17 16:50 ]</font>

happy_cricket
Dec 17, 2006, 09:00 PM
On 2006-12-17 16:39, UrikoBB3 wrote:
No, and I'd rather it didn't. Lv100 seems like a big grind (I'm only 48, and that's taken a while

LOL - at least a month and a half,right?

DonRoyale
Dec 17, 2006, 09:02 PM
On 2006-12-17 18:00, happy_cricket wrote:

On 2006-12-17 16:39, UrikoBB3 wrote:
No, and I'd rather it didn't. Lv100 seems like a big grind (I'm only 48, and that's taken a while

Yeah, it's not like the next Phantasy Star game is going to be out anytime soon. We'll all have the next year or two (or more o.O) to focus on levelling our characters.

DoubleJG
Dec 17, 2006, 10:04 PM
Yes I do. Phantasy Star has level 200 writen all over it.

Merumeru
Dec 17, 2006, 10:09 PM
oh please god no XD the amount of e-penis that extrudes is just mindboggling...plus, stats that high would make S-ranks obsolete and all i want to see is the possibility to get more than an S-rank in a mission XD

Neith
Dec 17, 2006, 10:19 PM
On 2006-12-17 18:00, happy_cricket wrote:

What the hell is it with the PSU boards? Seems like no matter what you say, someone comes in having a bitch at you. Go and take your remarks somewhere else.

On PSO, it was easy to get a character to 140+ in a very short space of time. The real grind was 190-200. I was hoping PSU would be along the same lines (fast leveling early, slow later), but because of the EXP creatures give in PSU, leveling takes a while.

DonRoyale
Dec 17, 2006, 11:14 PM
On 2006-12-17 19:19, UrikoBB3 wrote:

On PSO, it was easy to get a character to 140+ in a very short space of time. The real grind was 190-200. I was hoping PSU would be along the same lines (fast leveling early, slow later), but because of the EXP creatures give in PSU, leveling takes a while.

*pats your back* We all wish it was like that, Uriko...We all do...*sigh*

Simmerl
Dec 18, 2006, 01:27 AM
The one thing I liked best about PSO was the level 200 cap.
A casual gamer like me would have needed more than 7 years to hit the cap, so every time I played I had the feeling that even when there weren't any rare drops, at least I got my share of EXP, so my time hadn't gone to waste.

As far as PSU is concerned, I fear we'll stop at 100, just like in Offline mode.
Kinda sad.

ACH
Dec 18, 2006, 06:31 AM
I'm sure PSU will end at 100 and then later the expansion pack will come out and raise it to 200. Just like DC Ver.1 and Ver.2. I wonder if they'll add SS and SSS rank missions then..?

Kanore
Dec 18, 2006, 06:32 AM
Probably for an expansion or a v2 sorta thing, but leveling takes SO LONG now that I think it'll end at 100 for a long time.

AppieDPC
Dec 18, 2006, 09:05 AM
On 2006-12-17 16:47, HiKeRI wrote:

On 2006-12-17 15:56, AppieDPC wrote:

Actually yeah, its not the game that did it, it was the people who did, cause its all psycology when someone comes and tells you that hamburger tastes bad, you'll beleive it and stick to what you like, in this case, the game didnt had enough content, the hardcore players destroyed others peoples mood of the game, then they followed them instead of trying it, or since the hardcore players where whining about it others people go and whine aswell, its the oldschool "If you do it, i'll do it aswell" "If you smoke weed, then we all smoke weed, if you jump a bridge then hell why not? lmao.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Not trying to over analyze your statement, but the bolded part does prove my point non (also shows you contradicting yourself, see underlined part)? Game lacking content is the action, bitching people is the reaction, cause and effect.

I also think you give the majority of people too little credit and make 'em look like they think like sheep (jump of a bridge? lol), people can think for themselves, can taste a burger and base their opinion on their own experience. They can buy a game and choose wether they like it or not. If I'm not mistaken PSU was loaded the first few weeks, then people simply left a few weeks later after trying it and forming an opinion about it, main objection among these people: the lack of content, leading back to the cause and effect I mentioned earlier.

These people might still return + the people who didn't buy the game (or don't play online) due to lack of content if Sega fixes their content issue (going the right way atm from what I can see), so all will be good =)

Excuse my off-topicness

Ontopic: I expect them to up it on the expansion.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2006-12-18 06:12 ]</font>