PDA

View Full Version : Having a bit of trouble getting started

Van-Stolin
Dec 17, 2006, 03:53 PM
Hey guys, sorry to bother you all, but it seems my PS2 is throwing a fit and doesn't want to log in to the network.

It keeps saying there is a problem with the responce from the DNS. I thought I typed the right one in, but it doesn't seem to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sinue_v2
Dec 17, 2006, 04:09 PM
Do you NEED to have the DNS and IP settings input manually by your ISP? If not - the easy solution would be to just set everything to have DHCP automatically resolve your IP and DNS.

happy_cricket
Dec 17, 2006, 04:15 PM
For me, I had two issues: first, all that specific crap had to be set on Auto. Then, I ended up pushing it through a router, because the guy at my ISP told us his network had an easier time recognizing a router than a PS2.

Van-Stolin
Dec 17, 2006, 04:19 PM
Unfortunatly I do need to set it up manually.

I tried to just let it go auto, but it didn't pick anything up at all.

Once I entered the info in, the connection went through easily. Then it went to the DNAS and it sits for a good 3 minutes before it gives me the DNS thing.

I guess it might be my router is giving me crap. It is behind a firewall, so that might have something to do with it.

There is also the LAN connection. My IP in my room is different then the IP on the main computer, so the DNS should be different as well right?

Guitarsmasher
Dec 17, 2006, 05:09 PM
most likely, it is the firewall, but then again, howd you get the connection to verify the DNS on the network setup disk? idk about tht, but yesterday on my ps2, i was having the same problem, turns out the ethernet cable wasnt completely in the ps2, i pushed it in, and then i felt stupid for not realizing it earlier http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. maybe you just have to push in the ethernet cable. you never know, so just give it a try