PDA

View Full Version : As of right now, what's the Weapon of Choice for you?

Genoa
Dec 17, 2006, 09:29 PM
Seeing not all the goodies have been released yet, what has made it to the top of your pallete while taking on the enemies of the Gural system? Most everyone has had a chance to see, even taste most of the current armory at hand, so lemme hear what you prefer.

I must say for me... I'm particularly enjoying Shotguns so far. At first I was a under the influence that they were practically useless... three shots and the lack of auto target as PSO had it? =/ But later I found out that Bullets added shots... and now i've acquired Barada Diga 26 with my Shigga Boma. Only level 39 with the holder of the weapon, but it seems to do around 110+ to enemies that aren't weak nor strong against the element. And of course getting directly in their face and pulling that trigger can do about 500+ damage a shot, only costing me 12 PP. If I run out I have a Shigga Amza with 6 grinds. I've had the pleasure of trying out the Laser Cannon and Grenade Launcher... but still choose Shotty ftw.

Anyways, what's your fav? Doesn't have to be just weapons either, you're favorite Tech, Photon art, etc...

Bleemo
Dec 17, 2006, 09:31 PM
Beast Fortefighter.

Spear.

All 8* spears.

Most broken weapon in game, especially as a Beast Male Fortefighter.

CelestialBlade
Dec 17, 2006, 09:51 PM
My primaries tend to be my Spear, Twin Sabers, and Saber+Handgun. Always subject to change though, I love being able to use a wide variety of stuff.

Genoa
Dec 17, 2006, 09:58 PM
I find for my Fighgunner... my WoC (as far as melee goes) is probably Knuckles. I fell in love with the complete combo... If it could speak it would say "*wAcK!, pOw!, bAm!, kiCk!* {enemy screaming in agony while flying across the screen} "excuse me, but I don't believe I was done talking to you! *sumersault, frontflip, dIvE!........ Crunch* <_>

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 17, 2006, 10:44 PM
for my Fighgunner, its my Twin Sabers and my Saber + Crossbow combo.

Ronin1of47
Dec 17, 2006, 10:47 PM
right now im using Twin daggers and twin saberss cause i cant afford double sabers
but i maxed out their PA's and im loving them

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin1of47 on 2006-12-17 19:49 ]</font>

DonRoyale
Dec 17, 2006, 10:49 PM
Shadow (Male Newman Wartecher) uses:

Lightning Bow
Lightning Twin Sabers (soon to be replaced by earth ones)
Light Wand/Ice Gun Combo
Fire Saber/Ice Gun Combo
Ice Dagger/Ice Gun Combo
Dark Twin Daggers

So for the most part, I have it pretty good. (I refuse to use Spears on anything but my beast)

Genoa
Dec 17, 2006, 10:53 PM
I must say that i'm quite tired of seeing the Twin Dagger PA being spammed constantly... I don't understand what Sega was thinking making it's PP cost so low while it's accuracy and damage are actually incredibly powerful (when u add up the damage) .... <_>

Don't get me wrong, it's great for solo-ing, but nobody likes a Hero that is only nominated to be one due to their exp stealing ability to decimate mobs before others can lay eyes on them...

Polenicus
Dec 18, 2006, 09:13 AM
With me, it's my Doublesaber. My precious, precious Doublesaber. My precioussss...

... err, sorry. I know damage-wise it's not 'teh ultimate', or even close, but I've loved Doublesabers since PSO Ver 1 on the Dreamcast, and it was the weapon I was waiting for on PSU. I love the PA (Knock their legs out from under them, then jumping strike, then boot to the head, flipping Doublesaber up into the air where's it's casually caught, then a charging slash for big damage and massive knockback. WOOT!).

I also like Twin Sabers, another weapon that gets limited love. But I love the crowd control the PA gives me. There's just something enjoyable about wading into a crowd and sending them all flying.

Mystil
Dec 18, 2006, 09:59 AM
Cause I've been unable to upgrade all my spears, it's Sword and Daggers right now.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 18, 2006, 10:22 AM
On 2006-12-17 19:53, MegamanX wrote:
I must say that i'm quite tired of seeing the Twin Dagger PA being spammed constantly... I don't understand what Sega was thinking making it's PP cost so low while it's accuracy and damage are actually incredibly powerful (when u add up the damage) .... <_>

Don't get me wrong, it's great for solo-ing, but nobody likes a Hero that is only nominated to be one due to their exp stealing ability to decimate mobs before others can lay eyes on them...

have you played on B rank or higher yet? cuz at those levels, the monsters will not be dying so easily, they'll survive the PAs so you'll have a chance to tag them before the Hunters destroy them.

MayLee
Dec 18, 2006, 01:27 PM
Staffs, staffs..wands...

OH MY BELOVED BOW! HOW I LOVE THEE

JAFO22000
Dec 18, 2006, 01:28 PM
Rod
Rod
Rod
Rod
Bow
Wand and Orotore(ground 10xs!) combo.

Exciting choices.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JAFO22000 on 2006-12-18 10:29 ]</font>

BurningRage
Dec 18, 2006, 01:28 PM
Axe is probably my most favorite right now, followed closely by long sword.

-Dainslef-
Dec 18, 2006, 01:29 PM
Spear & Sword mostly, though I also use Axe, Twinclaws, Claws, and Twindaggers.

DarkEliteRico
Dec 18, 2006, 01:30 PM
i must be crazy, i've mixed up my stash...for use with my future wartecher. Have two bows, twin crea sabers, two staves (mixed bag of goodies), and a fall back yet unknown saber/gun combo

Zorafim
Dec 18, 2006, 01:35 PM
My weapon of choice has been spear for a long time, though to a lesser extent I love the daggers. Of course, since these are weapon choices in PSU, I had to have them. Then came the fact that they were the most overpowered weapons I can think of damage wise, and I had a wonderful time.

Once S rank weapons or the ultimate PAs come out (whichever comes first), I'm going to have to switch to claw, though. I attraction to daggers runs deep, but the lack of S rank with Fortefighter leaves too much to be desired. Claws aren't too different from sabers, anyway.

Kent
Dec 18, 2006, 01:44 PM
Spears, Daggers, Longbows, and Wands, are my favorites. I also have two Sabers and a Twin Dagger stashed, of various elements, for different situations.

Remedy
Dec 18, 2006, 01:48 PM
A whole hell of a lot of Mayrods. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

VectormanX
Dec 18, 2006, 01:57 PM
Mukfet (8*tenora spear) and gudda godda (8* tenora knuckles). Oh how i love them.

Laranas
Dec 18, 2006, 02:01 PM
On 2006-12-18 10:27, MayLee wrote:
OH MY BELOVED BOW! HOW I LOVE THEE

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 18, 2006, 02:12 PM
different situations require different weapons, but as a Fighgunner, I love switching over to Dual Handgun for those pesky flying enemies. It just feels so satisfying doing 150 a hit, so 300 each shot, while people beat on them with melee and do 80 a hit. But I also love my single dagger, single saber, double saber, twin saber, twin dagger... basically everything i eventually get an S rank in, I always carry with me!

THE JACKEL

Delinguaniss
Dec 18, 2006, 02:15 PM
Here's my pallete:
Ryo-Rayratore (Yohmei Twin Pistols) Upgraded Thrice
Ryo-Rayratore (Yohmei Twin Pistols) Upgraded Thrice
Harisen Battle Fan Light, Ice or Ground Flavores Upgraded Thrice
Rayratore (Yohmei Pistol) Upgraded Once
Canara (Yohmei Wand) Upgraded Once
B'duki Re (TENORA Pistol) Upgraded Once
Crea Saber Ground or Electric Flavored
Magga Rit (TENORA Mech Gun)
Hanmetari

Those are my preferred weapons, although I alternate Flourescent Bulbs with specific characters when I'm tired of the Harisen Battle Fan. All of my striking weapons match my outfits, except for the Dark 8* dagger I'm trying to synth. I also fight with daggers, if I find powerful ones, I equip them in the place of either striking weapons.

The weapons I don't particularly like are the shotguns, I mean come on. Do they benefit being that slow? They make me sick honestly, even when I see ppl use them. And I also hate the third part of the Gloves PA. That shit is the most stupid idea anyone has ever had. When does it benefit having a dude do a cheerleader stunt???

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Delinguaniss on 2006-12-18 11:16 ]</font>

Neith
Dec 18, 2006, 02:45 PM
Claw (Single Claw, Twins are nasty)
Twin Sabers. May not deal HUEG damage numbers, but I can sure as hell stop Olgohmons decimating the party with their Barta. You can't fire Barta when you're hurtling through the air.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Also, Death Dancer is the secks.

HiKeRI
Dec 18, 2006, 02:54 PM
Single Claw, Twin Saber and One hand Saber so far.

Maxurion
Dec 18, 2006, 03:10 PM
My preferred weapons are a sword(the 2 hand one) for large amounts of foes clustered together, a spear for single targets(especially the ones with multiple target points), and twin sabers to bash annoying enemies into the air.

CyarVictor
Dec 18, 2006, 03:10 PM
Single Claw/Railgun, Death Dancers, Knuckles, and Double Sabers. They are all equal on my list. the only reason I have twin daggers to quickly refill my SUV gauge. I'm loving the whole Spiral Dance animation for the Doubles, though i need 7 more lvs in the PA for the final combo. The single claw's PA is great, like a hand-held blender of death. As for the knuckles, great for spamming across a room of enemies and just looks awsome. Death Dancers pretty much explain themselves, looks and all.

Annihilater
Dec 21, 2006, 04:33 PM
my favourite weapons are rifles

Kesena1Tsum1
Dec 21, 2006, 05:01 PM
Rifles! No Shotguns! NOooo RIFLES... Oh bleh =/ I use both 3/3. =D

Realmz
Dec 21, 2006, 05:11 PM
my favorite weapons are all on my bar, with my favorite probably being my grenade launcher, but so few times do partys let me use it effectivly.

anyway my favorites in order go like this

Launcher
Shot (no one's selling a Boma anymore, and i can't synth one cause i'm ina bad luck spell right now lol)
Rifle (i totally need more)
after that twin guns and dagger with gun are tired

uhawww
Dec 21, 2006, 05:38 PM
In order of preference:

Twin Saber (Dark)
Double Saber (Fire or Earth)
Spear (Light or Lightning)
Dual Handgun (Ice)

SolomonGrundy
Dec 21, 2006, 05:43 PM
I keep carry around a sword, But I'm not really gettting much use out of it. Sure it hits hard, but it does not seem to cause enough stun, and it's PA is pretty slow.

Perhaps this will change as I grind it more, or level the PA even more? It's finding it's way to the bench....

My palette:
Soda Breka
Lance
Lance
Brass knuckles
twin daggers
handgun/single dagger

I don't even own a twin sword PA :-/

Ronzeru
Dec 21, 2006, 05:55 PM
I carry around a Double Saber of Every Element, some twin guns, and dark twin crea sabers. Soon i'll also have a twin crea daggers made for me too.

Xeres1712
Dec 21, 2006, 09:51 PM
Ah the shotgun, by far my favorite weapon of all time. 1,000+ dmg per pump. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

chaostroop
Dec 21, 2006, 09:57 PM
i like 2 tack out my double saber and unleash pure and utter CHAOS!!!!!

Chris28
Dec 21, 2006, 10:01 PM
7* Sword
7* Double Saber
7* Twin Daggers
7* Twin Sabers
8* Saber
8* Machine Gun (YASMINAKOV!!! I LOVE IT)

i also use Phantomline

i love my stuff.

Kirip-san
Dec 21, 2006, 10:06 PM
2x 6* Twin Sabers
1x 6* Dagger
1x 4* Dagger + 4 (Need to upgrade)
5* Sword (Newman ATP ftw)
5* Spear (Will probably upgrade)
Guns not worth mentioning...xD

Weak
Dec 21, 2006, 10:10 PM
I'm quite partial to:

<space reserved for unique weapon, to be filled in 2008>

Weakness
Dec 21, 2006, 10:46 PM
Rifles Rifles Rifles.

I am always a Ranger at heart and Rifles have it all in this game. Decent power, Level 4 Status Effects, and of course First Person View.

Can't wait until I can whip out my two Bursts (8* GRM Rifle) that I made.

DoubleJG
Dec 21, 2006, 11:13 PM
Bows <3

juno-6
Dec 21, 2006, 11:19 PM
Dual Handguns. Been using them since like forever and im now only cutting down from carrying 4 to 2. Besides that ive aqquainted myself with the longbow and the shotgun.

-Ryuki-
Dec 21, 2006, 11:22 PM
Currently? These are mine on Ryuki:

Dark Berdynata
Lightning Mukrudi
Ice Halbert
Dark Ank Barde
Ank Tomho
Raygun