PDA

View Full Version : Where does everyone get all this money?

GreenArcher
Dec 17, 2006, 10:23 PM
I always see on trade topics the immense amount of money flowing around. Where does everyone get all their cash? I mean, I've added up my time played, and I've average around 4-5 hours a day since the game released. My total earning as of now? About 150,000. I've spent a good 200k or so, I've got a lot of 6 star equipment, but still. So many people reach 7 digits with their cash. Where does it all come from?

(waits for DOOPHAX replies)

Bleemo
Dec 17, 2006, 10:25 PM
Three reasons:

1) Good use and investments in pure PM's and player shops.

2) eBay

3) DOOPHAX

Genoa
Dec 17, 2006, 10:31 PM
PM lvl. 100, synth weapon/armors according to PM expertise, Open Shop, Sell, sell, sell, play the market just right by checking other shops to be sure your price is able to be sold quickly, while waiting for customers, enjoy various missions with S-rank rewards. Don't buy every little thing and ... just keep playing? <_>

I don't make an incredible amount of money because I don't have a PM worthy of making A ranks due to it having a mix in tech as well, but I can say that selling all the B rank items I find in A class missions and all the S-ranks have added up to make me a decent amount of money. But seriously though, so many people have PM's that make A ranks constantly. A 60k board with 3 attempts... luck out and create all 3 and make an huge profit for selling the melee weapons for 90k+ with elements on it. Guns and Wands usually don't sell as high due to there's nothing you can tweak on it while creating it. And if you succeed in armor, then you can make a ton of money selling those >_>
I believe most get their money through the shops...

GreenArcher
Dec 17, 2006, 10:45 PM
Oh whoa hi KOS-MOS. I synthed some 6* melee equipment, all with decent elemental %s. Put 'em in my shop for around 30k, nothing sold.

And tried to make Midiline's......60 carbons gone...

Genoa
Dec 17, 2006, 10:57 PM
hehe, Hey Green Archer =P
... hmm, well the prices for 6 stars will probably increase in the future. But due to the new release of A ranks, many people just want they're hands on what sounds like the greatest thing ever. Eventually people will find using B rank weapons and grinding them high and not as worried about breaking them. (another reasons Protransers won't cry as long when they break and A rank when others are breaking S ranks xD) .... but yeah, I'm not sure if i'd sell B ranks so high just yet =/ ... well not high I should say, I wouldn't sell them at it's potential price xD .... Knowledge hasn't settled into universe 1 yet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 18, 2006, 12:07 AM
Ever since the A ranks came out my 5 & 6* weapon sales have taken a major dive.

They are still much safer sales to make since they use mats that can be found cheap in player shops and have a high % on synth but they sell slow and seems like every day sombody cuts the price to move there inventory and your forced to lower yours or never sell them.

So if you have a small amount of money, its a good place to start.

Soon as you hit 800k or so selling 7 & 8* weapons can pull in money FAST. I have a 20 tech 80 strike PM on my main. I gave up on the hunter weapon market fast... its not for me.

Bleemo
Dec 18, 2006, 12:10 AM
On 2006-12-17 21:07, ViciousXUSMC wrote:

They are still much safer sales to make since they use mats that can be found cheap in player shops and have a high % on synth but they sell slow and seems like every day sombody cuts the price to move there inventory and your forced to lower yours or never sell them.

Soon as you hit 800k or so selling 7 & 8* weapons can pull in money FAST. I have a 20 tech 80 strike PM on my main. I gave up on the hunter weapon market fast... its not for me.
Honestly, I still sell 6* weapons as a source of income. The main issue is the very low success rate of 7*/8* weapons.

Though, my main uses all Mukfets. I usually every now and then buy a Mukfet board or two and synth just to see if I can get higher elemental %'s than what I have. If it ends up being lower, I usually just sell for profit. This sucks up money either way though, lol.

Blenjar
Dec 18, 2006, 12:25 AM
Tight..

-- Blen

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 18, 2006, 12:56 AM
may be diffrent for the hunter market given that the npc cant sell weapons with %'s for me in the force market I have to sell 8* pretty much exclusivly. As sombody can just go to the npc for anything else. Wich means your forced to sell for a generous amount less than the NPC wich really kills off profits. given the cost of 7* mats and the fail rate I pretty much only break even. the 8* tho are selling for very high amounts wich makes up for the failed products.

5 & 6* dont fail too often but just are not selling too good for me so I stoped stocking them and focused on 8* exclusive it saves me time and is making me more money. (would spend over an hour at a time looking for mats on 5&6* weps in player shops, for 8* I just go to the npc http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif)

-Crokar-
Dec 18, 2006, 01:04 AM
Moatoob. doing b-a rank missions get you about 300k in a decent amount of time. sure got to be a high level and have a good party. but thats where my money comes from

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Crokar- on 2006-12-17 22:05 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Dec 18, 2006, 01:05 AM
I get my money from selling myself to random people for 100,000 meseta per 30 mins.

Wait. I mean... uhh... nvm? >_____>;

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 18, 2006, 01:16 AM
Im gonna rent out the club, and turn it into a private party with all the loli PM's

You know charge fee's for "special services" I know im gonna make alot. ESP when I get the french maid 413... people gonna be waiting in line outside the club like I have PS3's for sale. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Gazette
Dec 18, 2006, 01:21 AM
PSU is just one of those games where one must have money in order to make money.

Case in point, I spend X amount of money on a board.
I use up X amount of materials and buy anything else needed.
It seems like a waste initially, but...

In the end, I sell it for obscene profits despite what I've spent because it was a rare board and it requires expensive materials to make.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 18, 2006, 01:27 AM
Board for A-Rank 7*: 60,000
Mats for 3 A-Rank 7*: 120,000 (photons are presumed free from mission collecting)
TOTAL SPENT: 180,000

Sell 3 for: 90,000
TOTAL: 270,000

Total earned: 90,000

You could probably squeeze more meseta out if you get higher elemental %'s.

EDIT: This is assuming all 3 synths work. If they do, great! If not, boo!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-12-17 22:28 ]</font>

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 18, 2006, 02:37 AM
This just in, even if you earned all of you meseta via shop selling you meseta is worthless. Close your shops now and give away all you money. Join the elitist and there rightous ways!

Shrevn
Dec 18, 2006, 02:38 AM
dupe money anyone? i know a lot of ppl have friends that do http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Garnet_Moon
Dec 18, 2006, 03:05 AM
On 2006-12-17 23:38, Shrevn wrote:
dupe money anyone? i know a lot of ppl have friends that do http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Maybe we do and maybe we don't. Either way Zonde takes forever to level up.

Remedy
Dec 18, 2006, 03:07 AM
Zonde doesn't level up. It's a rumor.

DarkSeph
Dec 18, 2006, 03:12 AM
I don't know what to tell ya......I mean, I prefer to make my Meseta actually playing because I have the chance to find rares and get Exp as well and actually have fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif....but when I DID try selling things in my shop, good things! B rank weaps for example with at least 20% on the elementals, they weren't even going from MY shop for 5K and I based mine off others selling for 8K or 10K+....so I finally dropped them to 2000K for all the B rank and all others wayyyyyyy less....but then when those didn't even sell I finally took them to sell at the NPC and WOW!!! whadayaknow...I sold them for around 2700-3000 meseta for the B's and double for the rest what I posted them........so I don't even care no more, i'll sell them at the NPC's cuz no one else seems to buy from my shop http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.... anyways, good luck whatever method you chose......easiest way if you ask me is to play Valley of Carnage C on Moatoob......good exp even at level 40, only 2 blocks, and Meseta between 70-300 depending on the enemies....

lata

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 18, 2006, 03:21 AM
Zonde isnt even a spell, its a bug in the game.

-Ryuki-
Dec 18, 2006, 03:30 AM
They strip naked and dance in the pub for 5 meseta a minute. I film, so I know!

I'm kidding. >.>

etlitch
Dec 18, 2006, 03:31 AM
It's
1. Duping
2. Getting duped money by selling rares for ridiculous prices.

Mystil
Dec 18, 2006, 04:56 AM
On 2006-12-17 21:07, ViciousXUSMC wrote:

Some of us still buy 5*'s cause A rank is too expensive at the moment. I have maybe one 6*.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 18, 2006, 04:59 AM
6* is the way to go IMO if your lucky grinded to +10 they beat even 8* weps ungrinded in stats.

save money on PP recharges too.

but I have to go where the business goes, before the update hajirods were selling like hotcakes, after the update it took days just to sell the 5 I have left in my shop.

Kurushii
Dec 18, 2006, 05:29 AM
yeah they may beat them in stats WHEN they hit +10 but the cost of getting some to 10 most of the like comes out to cost you way more than just buying a 8* or synthing one. I got lucky on my rod, went through about seven of them or so with luck3 and B+9/B+10s. Course you melee users need element % anyway so ya B rank is the way to go for them. But instant we get the board for Grinder As the A ranks will spank the hell out of Bs with mostly one or two grinds.

Tomoirod (10) (B rank 6*)
PP: 1324
Tech: 581

Mayrod (0) (A rank 8*)
PP: 1260
Tech: 575

Mystil
Dec 18, 2006, 07:02 AM
On 2006-12-18 01:59, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
6* is the way to go IMO if your lucky grinded to +10 they beat even 8* weps ungrinded in stats.

save money on PP recharges too.

but I have to go where the business goes, before the update hajirods were selling like hotcakes, after the update it took days just to sell the 5 I have left in my shop.

I had 120,000 on me this morning and went 6* hunting. LOL they were all 200,000+ with one I REALLY wanted for 450,000 ; ;. Can definitly understand going where the business is.

And those were A ranks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2006-12-18 04:04 ]</font>

etlitch
Dec 18, 2006, 07:02 AM
Or a few grinds. Because the bonus recived is lower the higher rank/amount of stars.

Krltplps
Dec 18, 2006, 10:22 AM
Early on I made a lot of cash by farming nanocarbons and selling them for 2k a pop. They literally sold out in under 5 min every time I put some up. After that it was Hajirod sales, farming the synth mats needed off neudaiz, and most of the profits from those went into raising my PM to level 100.

Now it's just ridiculous....10* materials you can't even use yet (and drops in S ranks) are selling overnight for 100k a pop. Yesterday I think I had 5 go to me...half a mil overnight is not a bad thing at all. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif