PDA

View Full Version : 7* unit Haru/Quick

Zgun
Dec 17, 2006, 10:46 PM
been checking in shops several time for this unit. for the first time it appear. i go to the shop, it was 50 mil. the unit been there for like a few mins only. i try to deal the price with the owner. a lvl 2 female char named lorri (or approx that name with additionnal 6-8 letters after lorri) come in the shop, 50 mil in inventory, buy the unit and then leave. all was very quick, she didnt said anything.

Pengfishh
Dec 17, 2006, 10:48 PM
What does it do?

Ri0T
Dec 17, 2006, 10:50 PM
i believe it lowers tech casting time in exchange for lower tech damage.

Gazette
Dec 17, 2006, 10:58 PM
Drops tech cast time and simultaneously drops TAP by 104 or so.

Remedy
Dec 17, 2006, 11:01 PM
-100 TP, and greatly accelerated technique casting speed.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 17, 2006, 11:12 PM
OH snap Zgun. I heard about this. Everyone was mailing me "Someone bought Haru / Quick for 50 million."

Thats insane... They'll buy anything that they want at any price now... So lame... Us legits dont get a chance to buy it.

Remedy
Dec 17, 2006, 11:13 PM
Yeah, I've given up buying anything from the community, almost. The inflated prices from meseta injection is making it impossible to get anything at a fair price. =/

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 17, 2006, 11:18 PM
Just wait when we get Temple S. The unit that drops there is a / Force type presumable Sori / Force. It will be stupid to sell that since it's twice as hard to get since you will need alot of forces to get to the boss in the first place ><;;;

Remedy
Dec 17, 2006, 11:20 PM
Sori/Force is from Onmagoug S. =/

Ninja-edit: Just checked it, and the /Force unit from Adahna S is... *drumroll* Gi/Magic. =-.-=

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Remedy on 2006-12-17 20:21 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 17, 2006, 11:24 PM
Well dang... Looks like I'm stuck at onma S for a while.

Kil
Dec 17, 2006, 11:31 PM
Should have gotten the account number. Not that anything could probably be done with it...

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 17, 2006, 11:52 PM
all these omg haxxor accusations are getting out of hand now.

a hand full of people go parading around with hundreds of millions of meseta and now every joe with more than 5 million meseta is a hacker.

news flash, 10* weapons and end game stuff can eat up 50 million in seconds and we are not too far away from those kinds of items.

I dont have 50 million, and I admit there is a good possiblity that most of the people that do have it thru less than legitimate ways. But I know its possible to get that much if you really tried.

Even not trying (being a merchant takes effort) and just being very lucky and finding 5 or 6 super high in demand rares could net you close to 50 million.

Makes me want to keep my money in storage so sombody doesnt spot me and say omg hax! But then if I keep it in storage the real hackers can come and take it away.

Really people step back and think, we are hitting that point in game now where its easy to pull in millions a day, its all about how you play and your luck.

Spellbinder
Dec 17, 2006, 11:58 PM
No offense to you Vicious since I've seen your posts on the other board and know how you put alot of time and synthing into making cash, but you also have to consider that people are pulling in millions a day because alot of those millions, as Remedy said, have been injected into the market, causing prices to inflate. You may not have duped your meseta, but when you're putting up items for sale for high prices, people may or may not be snatching them up like hotcakes because "they" have the duped meseta.

AeraLure
Dec 18, 2006, 12:00 AM
The economy is shot. Kind of depressing really and I am losing the urge to even continue trying to grind out my meager living.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-12-17 21:22 ]</font>

Danyl
Dec 18, 2006, 12:00 AM
I heard Haru / Quick adds around 33% faster cast.
Sounds fun. Lag everyone up with gi spells XD

Ether
Dec 18, 2006, 12:03 AM
On 2006-12-17 20:52, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
Even not trying (being a merchant takes effort) and just being very lucky and finding 5 or 6 super high in demand rares could net you close to 50 million.

Because they're being bought with duped money, durp

Zgun
Dec 18, 2006, 12:06 AM
oh dj sky epic, try to send me ur card someday, id liek to do some runs with you next time. im sure it will go pretty fast http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

VelosofLight
Dec 18, 2006, 12:07 AM
I keep my money in Shared Storage so all my characters can use it. This has the odd side-effect of my constantly looking utterly bankrupt. Ah well, it's better that way...

Anyway, the more items like this start to cost, the less normal ones seem to. I can pick up 5* stuff on the cheap now.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 18, 2006, 12:18 AM
Im pretty sure the "leet rares" are being bought with people that dupe money, but my weapons I feel good that they are being bought by people since I sell so many of them, no hacker would want 80 weapons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Unless the problem is worse that it seems and every other person is a hacker and buying 8* weapons.

I guess I do put more effort into it than most tho, I did found the P$OW shop keepers guild http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I also do it because I nomrally play early in the morning when nobody is on so nothing else to do but craft, then when I am on in the day often I have my kids to tend too so I cant play in a group so I have to do solo tasks like lvling spells or again crafting.

Market is rough now tho, the 8*s took all my money at first because I tried too early, the only reason they are profitable is because they sell so high, once the npc sells them there will be no way to make profit off of them, have to see if the 9*'s will sell the same way, but the fail rate will be insane on those.

Rooroo
Dec 18, 2006, 12:28 AM
You can either 1) Dupe/hack 50 million meseta yourself. 2) Buy or ebay duped meseta. 3) Sell items to meseta dupers.

So apparently, people frown upon duping 50 million meseta, saying it's illegit and all. But it appears to be 'technically' legit to obtain duped meseta indirectly through shop sales. There is a scary trend going on right now with PC/PS2: many shopkeepers are now very aware of this fact and actively take advantage of this to 'legitly' obtain millions and millions of meseta. Sure, you say it's possible to make 50 million+ all legit. I can believe that the "course of action" taken to acquire 50 millions is legit (as in non-violating TOS), but the meseta itself is far from legit.

If there is someway duped meseta can be flagged, I can guarantee that the dupers/hackers won't be the only ones flagged. Many legit, wealthy shopowners are going to get flagged for possessing duped meseta as well. The only question is how much of it is duped. I'm afraid the only way to stay 100% legit is selling items privately to friends.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rooroo on 2006-12-17 21:31 ]</font>

Shye
Dec 18, 2006, 12:29 AM
On 2006-12-17 20:20, Remedy wrote:
Sori/Force is from Onmagoug S. =/

Ninja-edit: Just checked it, and the /Force unit from Adahna S is... *drumroll* Gi/Magic. =-.-=

Mind if I ask where you got that information? I've been looking for a more comprehensive database of items and places to get them until the PSO-world database is fleshed out.

I'm particularly interested in the force units, any and all quicks, and where to find them.

I'm a little perturbed that the 4* "rarity" me/quick is so insanely hard to find outside of Thuggles shop (NFS) on the 360. >.>

VelosofLight
Dec 18, 2006, 12:31 AM
On 2006-12-17 21:28, Rooroo wrote:
You can either 1) Dupe/hack 50 million meseta yourself. 2) Buy or ebay duped meseta. 3) Sell items to meseta dupers.

So apparently, people frown upon duping 50 million meseta, saying it's illegit and all. But it appears to be 'technically' legit to obtain duped meseta indirectly through shop sales. There is a scary trend going on right now with PC/PS2: many shopkeepers are now very aware of this fact and actively take advantage of this to 'legitly' obtain millions and millions of meseta. Sure, you say it's possible to make 50 million+ all legit. I can believe that the "course of action" taken to acquire 50 millions is legit (as in non-violating TOS), but the meseta itself is far from legit.

If there is someway duped meseta can be flagged, I can guarantee that the dupers/hackers won't be the only ones flagged. Many legit, wealthy shopowners are going to get flagged for possessing duped meseta as well.

Yeah, but that's just stupid. What do you want me to do, sell my Nanoresins to NPC shops because, oh no, a duper might by them? Look, they're worth the 6500 I sell for, so whether or not the person that buys 'em earned their money, I sure as hell earned mine.

AeraLure
Dec 18, 2006, 12:37 AM
He only refers to ridiculously overpriced items obviously like the one in this thread, not things like that.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 18, 2006, 12:38 AM
serously people, your pretty much saying we cant sell stuff in our shops.

lets just take the shops out all together while we are at it eh?

Jp servers are what 3 months ahead of us I bet there are people with a hundred million all legit on there. Running S missions all day adds up very fast in money just from item drops and meseta drops. All that money adding up for you means its adding up for sombody else. Then sombody else comes to your shop and buys somthing they need.

Thats how the market works.

Soon to come is Bruces mission, if I remember correctly S rank on C mode gives 7k meseta as a reward and its a 7 minute round. If you play for 4 hours a day thats like 9 rounds an hour x4.

so 7kx9x4 = 252k just in the end of mission pay out.

Most of you probably play more than 4 hours a day.

Say when 9* weps come out and everybody needs them and they sell for 1 mil each if you make 252k a day in 4 days you can go buy a 9* wep from sombodies shop.

When you have probably 2000 forces on the server or more and each one wants to upgrade thats 2000 million messeta if you were the only shop and they all bought from you. Lets divide by 4 to get a daily value. Ok 500 million a day. now lets say there are 10 shops selling, 50 million a day.

50 million a day you would make with just a rough estimate. just from 1 missions pay out not even including the meseta drops and rares sold. There is alot of money going into the economy so dont be supprised if smart people know how to get alot of it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-12-17 21:43 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Dec 18, 2006, 12:39 AM
Jealous much?

AeraLure
Dec 18, 2006, 12:44 AM
On 2006-12-17 21:39, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Jealous much?

Not a bit. That has nothing to do with the crux of the problem as I see it, but it seems to matter not anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-12-17 21:45 ]</font>

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 18, 2006, 12:46 AM
Garnet is fighting for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I pay her with resta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

edit: just relized I pay for my PP recharge with money from my shop, thats illegit meseta, and thus thats illegit PP, wich means thats illegit resta.

Sorry Garnet, I cant heal you anymore. Ill have to use hunter weapons and not use any photon arts :/

/sarcasim

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-12-17 21:48 ]</font>

AeraLure
Dec 18, 2006, 12:48 AM
Well, I never said anything like dont sell in your shops, anyone, so I wasnt fighting for or against you. Or Garnet. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-12-17 21:49 ]</font>

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 18, 2006, 12:50 AM
Im just in a battle ready mood tonight anyways, hardly any sleep and sombody semi accusmed me of having duped meseta.

I honestly belive alot of people made money the "hard" way and general public is pointing fingers at the wrong people is all.

on the flip side, if you could make money when ever you wanted. wouldnt you only just keep a small amount to not look suspicious and make more when you need it? Its the people that cant that need to save http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-12-17 21:52 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Dec 18, 2006, 12:55 AM
Hell if I wasn't paranoid i'd keep all my meseta on my single char. I never keep over 500k on my main. When it goes over, I dump all but 20k onto a mule and just horde it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-12-17 21:55 ]</font>

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 18, 2006, 01:00 AM
I never broke 100k for the longest... trying to equip my char was a major money sink (so was my GH-450... >.>)

gonna be the same process again probably when 9* weps and A grinders are out >.>

Authenticate
Dec 18, 2006, 01:11 AM
Can you put people on your blocklist and make them unable to get into your shop? Even then they could just make another character, unless it blocks the actual ID number.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 18, 2006, 02:40 AM
it blocks the ID for sure, because names are not uniqe.

I have never blacklisted sombody but thats how it works as far as I know.

I would think if they are already in your shop tho it wont kick them out, but if they are blisted and not in your room it keeps them from ever finding it on a list.

MaKaVeLi_X
Dec 18, 2006, 03:42 AM
On 2006-12-17 20:52, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
all these omg haxxor accusations are getting out of hand now.

a hand full of people go parading around with hundreds of millions of meseta and now every joe with more than 5 million meseta is a hacker.

news flash, 10* weapons and end game stuff can eat up 50 million in seconds and we are not too far away from those kinds of items.

I dont have 50 million, and I admit there is a good possiblity that most of the people that do have it thru less than legitimate ways. But I know its possible to get that much if you really tried.

Makes me want to keep my money in storage so sombody doesnt spot me and say omg hax! But then if I keep it in storage the real hackers can come and take it away.

Really people step back and think, we are hitting that point in game now where its easy to pull in millions a day, its all about how you play and your luck.

Lol werent you in a MSN chat with me and gamma before... cmon now you know its hacks.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 18, 2006, 03:44 AM
Prove it's hacks or stop saying it is. There's a challenge for you.

Note: The key is to eliminate all possible "OMG photoshop'd" and "well, that log could've been edited in MS Word, so?" doubt. Can ye do it? If not can you buy me some Candy Canes? I bought 50 earlier today and I ate them all. ;-;

MaKaVeLi_X
Dec 18, 2006, 03:47 AM

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaKaVeLi_X on 2006-12-18 00:48 ]</font>

MaKaVeLi_X
Dec 18, 2006, 03:48 AM
If you dont think its hacks your dumb... Ive got a video of someone making meseta if you still dont believe it cant be done.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 18, 2006, 03:51 AM
Like I said prove that it's duped meseta buying these items or stop saying it.

EDIT: And I know meseta can be duped. I'm asking you to prove said meseta is being used to purchase this stuff. I don't want hearsay about so-and-so buying from that-guy and so-and-so is a duper because that-guy had the item for max meseta. I wanna see proof, as i'm sure everyone else does.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-12-18 00:53 ]</font>

AnamanaAU
Dec 18, 2006, 03:57 AM
The whole ecconomy is run by a few rich people. It's horrible. By the time you get an item that you can sell at a decent price, no one wants it.

MaKaVeLi_X
Dec 18, 2006, 04:18 AM
I would also like to see proof of someone making 50 mil legitly in less then 2 months.... Cant be done no matter what you all say

imfanboy
Dec 18, 2006, 05:50 AM
OK... let's do some economics, shall we?

Now, there are perhaps 20,000 active players on the game. Assuming that each one spends 8 hours a day farming, oh, let's say Neu Relics B in full teams and never stops for anything, they could rake in perhaps 4k a run, at 20 minutes a run (assuming they're all 40+). That's 3 runs an hour, so 24 runs a day.

Oh, wait, Neu Relics B has only been out for a month? Well, let's go with that for now. 30 days, 8 hours a day, 20,000 players doing no lounging around, synthing, hanging out in their store behind the counter because it amuses them.

24x4k=96000 earned a day. 96000x30 = 2880000.

2 million, 880 thousand. That's 20,000 players doing nothing but Neudaiz relics B all day, every day, without even a pause to chat. The meseta earned in 1 month.

ONE MONTH.

Now, assuming that the same 20,000 were grinding De Ragan A constantly the month before that, that'd be only another 1,000,000 legitimately into the economy on top of that.

And you're saying you just sold a weapon for MORE than the economy could have earned in that entire time, and pretending that it isn't dirty?

And there's no way that 20,000 players were on before the Expert Class update in any fever dream. At peak, the servers had maybe 2000-3000 people. While people might be earning meseta around the clock, I seriously think that my own mathematics are a GROSS overstatement of how much the economy could have actually earned legitimately.

Me, I used a Dark Bridge in PSO GC, but I never pretended it was anything other than a dupe and probably a hacked Gene Flow which made it. You could stop pretending to yourself now too, OK?

When this whole thing first started and Broom's buddies gave away a million or so, I laughed it off and said, "This is accellerating the economy maybe a week. If ST fixes it now, they won't have to roll anything back."

But if ST actually CARES about the economy of the game (a dubious prospect, I will admit ^_^), every day that more and more meseta comes into the economy the prospect of a HUGE rollback grows greater and greater.

But on the other hand, they CAN'T. The player base is so small that they would offend WAY too many people by doing that.

Gods, this is growing worse and worse. Well, back to PSO in a month, where meseta was meaningless.

At least we can't be FSODed... yet.

Chris28
Dec 18, 2006, 06:04 AM
instead of sitting on here complaining, you could be out hunting for the same item and make 50 million.

imfanboy
Dec 18, 2006, 06:06 AM
but I'd rather keep it for myself. ^_^ And since I party with people who all have various FO characters... well, I'm sure I could work something out with them.

you know, there is one good thing about all of this, one ray of sunshine if you will... I won't feel guilty about going to NPCs to get any items, taking my hard-earned currency out of the virtual economy, because there WON'T be an economy! *goes and buys kersaline from 2nd floor Clyez*

Pentence
Dec 18, 2006, 08:05 AM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pentence on 2006-12-18 11:03 ]</font>

Shazbot
Dec 18, 2006, 08:28 AM
Seems to me that if some guy was a badass enough player to have busted his balls to make 50 million meseta in two months, he wouldn't be rookie-stupid enough to blow the entire wad on a Haru/Quick. That's something you'd do if your money was not earned--like, say, because you just created it. There's giving people the benefit of the doubt and then there's just hiding your head in the sand.

Rooroo
Dec 18, 2006, 08:55 AM
I don't understand how you guys can take a look at the current NA/PC economy, compare it to the JPN or X360 economy and say nothing is wrong. This is not the only case of multi-million dealings on the PC server. Several others have witnessed deals in the 40 million range, and 10+ million range....and curiously, by the same person. You can take a S-rank weapon, priced it at 10x the JPN market price, and guess what, it will sell here, instantly.

I'll admit, what the OP has done here is very smart. There is no guarantee that duping will always be around; maybe one day Sega wakes up and decides to fix things. When that happens, rares and player-acquired items will drop to sensible price. Assuming things eventually come down to the level of the JPN market, which seems like a pretty good indicator of stable economy, that 50 million will fetch ya several S ranks, and still have change leftover for another Haru/Quick. Whereas if the OP had kept the Haru/Quick, it'll be a lot more difficult to acquire high value items later on, especially when the million meseta transactions we all love right now, suddenly become non-viable.

ChrisKo
Dec 18, 2006, 10:58 AM
One thing that you dont seem to understand....

For simplicities sake lets say that as of three weeks ago the PS2/PC economy had 250 million (wrong number I am sure but the number is actually irrelivant) put into circulation legitly...

By checking the ebay account that Broom created anyone was able to see that he had sold 4 SETS of 1BILLION meseta.....

Also by doing a follow up on this via the Sega boards you could have seen the topic posted by the public relations GM **forget his name and dont feel like going to check** that stated there was no way to track this meseta with their currently implimented programs placed into the game PERIOD and that they could not take action due to their lack of detailed information.

So even with my largly over exstimated 250 mill meseta estimated, the economy was inflated with meseta to atleast 17 times that without counting the smaller packs broom sold before that account was bannished...

Meseta goes from 250 mil spread throughout every player(wrong number I am sure but the number is actually irrelivant), to 4.25 Billion with 4 Billion in the hands of 4 people, and whoever they shared with...

Didnt leave sega with many choices...

It was either roll back alot of peoples hard work to fix something that they didnt even fully understand yet, which would cause more people to cancel subscriptions OR Leave the economy screwed and dont mention what happened every again. GUESS what Sega picked.

The economy will never be the same again. It is sad to say, but still to this day atleast 90% of all meseta in circulation is dupped. Deal with it or quit the game.

imfanboy
Dec 18, 2006, 01:09 PM
and anyone who synths weapons and puts them up for sale is, sad to say, only helping the hackers.

Why?

Because you're freely giving them the one thing they COULD lose after a banning: all the cool items that they had. And you're giving it for something that has no value: meseta.

Ever hear what happened to Germany after the first World War? People were bringing entire WHEELBARROWS of paper money to buy one loaf of bread, because the money wasn't worth the paper it was printed on.

And who needs dupes, when you can just make as much meseta as you want, buy the boards and the synthing items, and keep trying over and over until you get a weapon you want?

The only thing stopping these folks is the time and effort required to raise a proper PM - and who cares if their weapon only has a 40% chance when you can just keep trying until you succeed.

I must admit to some embarrassment, I forgot to multiply that figure of 2,880,000 by the number of players who were farming the run. Basically, a person who did nothing but grind every day without stop would have that much. So, theoretically, there could be a few people with 3 million out there.

but 50 millions? That points up the farce the economy has become.

I saw Infamous Nugz, before this became widespread, buying a Me/Quick for 1 million meseta. That was his character name, not very subtle was it? And with an ID number in the low 20k's, there wasn't a chance he'd had time enough to earn it (at the time, that was very new character ID #).

now, there's a possibility that could have been legit - but with 3 more million on him after buying it? This was before the moatoob update, when Neudaiz Relics hadn't even been RELEASED. And the name was kind of a dead giveaway.

Fuck... I can see it now... they sacrifice the PS2/PC servers to Broom and his crew, hoping that they're satisfied with that. That would explain the measly Gameguard - I mean, c'mon. Gameguard? Meanwhile, Broom is biding his time, trying to figure out a way to get on to the JP servers and maybe even the 360 servers.

And while Broom and his meseta dupers might be a minor evil in the grand scale of things, still, helping them out is only letting it spread. One of my friends has 3 million meseta (thanks to 2 1 million meseta sales) and wants to make the 8* yohmei ice armor, and he COMPLAINS about the price of ray-photons? Well, that's what happens when there's a glut of meseta on the market and few items desireable to buy on it.

Fuck. I.... I don't know if I do want to stay. I'll probably spend the day thinking about it. I've got another month as it is - i already paid for it, I might as well use it.

But still, what's the point? The game is based on a fragile system of economics, with meseta being earned and exchanged at a reasonable value for all sorts of interesting stuff, and the economy is ruined.

drmcst45
Dec 18, 2006, 01:24 PM
Oh. PC version.

*walks out of thread slowly*

Remedy
Dec 18, 2006, 01:31 PM
On 2006-12-18 10:24, drmcst45 wrote:
Hay guyz im an xbox360 elitist whose going to make fun of you even though my version can be attacked on a purely human level whereas pc requires technical skill

*walks out of topic slowly*Fixed.

Kil
Dec 18, 2006, 01:35 PM
Dear god I love you.

On 2006-12-18 05:28, Shazbot wrote:

Seems to me that if some guy was a badass enough player to have busted his balls to make 50 million meseta in two months, he wouldn't be rookie-stupid enough to blow the entire wad on a Haru/Quick. That's something you'd do if your money was not earned--like, say, because you just created it. There's giving people the benefit of the doubt and then there's just hiding your head in the sand.

Wow, exactly what I wanted to say, too. Not everything has to be proven. How about excersizing some common sense - Person of infinite business savvy earns 50 million meseta and then... spends all of it on an armor unit?

Remedy
Dec 18, 2006, 01:37 PM
To be fair, it's pretty much the best Force head unit in the game, and I'd be willing to spend exorbitant amounts of meseta on it.

50 million? Nah. But 5 million? Easily. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

AeraLure
Dec 18, 2006, 02:27 PM
Can I ask what happened on JP servers? Has this issue been resolved/fixed there, or is it like this there as well as here?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-12-18 12:13 ]</font>

Kanore
Dec 18, 2006, 03:05 PM
On 2006-12-18 11:27, AeraLure wrote:
Can I ask what happened on JP servers? Has this issue been resolved/fixed there, or is it liek this there as well as here?

in before 'WELL YOU KNOW THE JAPANESE ARE NICE PEOPLE SO THEY DON'T DO THAT THERE' bullshit

Witchblade56
Dec 18, 2006, 03:06 PM
Here's a sad piece of info; I put up a tengohg wing for 1 million instead of 100k. Why did you do that you ask? Quite honestly i was in a hurry to get to my s rank mission run with my friends.

I got back and found 1 million in my PM... Sorry it was not intentional but there it is :/

People can and will pay -WHATEVER- they want for sm item now if they want it bad enough.

That money above went straight into crafting/buying weaps for my friend and I. We split everything.

Is this contributing to the situation? You can say that it does or that it doesnt. I do know that it costs about 412,500 to craft the sori-senba armor that i want for myself and my friend. How else [besides the 8 vestalines that i have and the ortaresins] do you propose i go about getting my mats? That above price is npc and people sell vestaline for npc and above not at half off. Same with the resins.

At the very least im helping to take that money out of the system by purchasing from the npc's.

Love me, hate me, curse me if you like but the situation [for the moment] is as it is. At least i know my weapons/armour are crafted and not haxed.

AeraLure
Dec 18, 2006, 03:15 PM
On 2006-12-18 12:05, Kanore wrote:

in before 'WELL YOU KNOW THE JAPANESE ARE NICE PEOPLE SO THEY DON'T DO THAT THERE' bullshit

Mur. Not the direction at all I intend. It would simply be telling if SoJ is on top of it or addressed it as SoA most obviously has not.

Cav
Dec 18, 2006, 03:34 PM
To all of you saying meseta is useless now, not everyone dupes meseta. And npc store prices will keep the economy stable.

Ghen
Dec 18, 2006, 03:55 PM
On 2006-12-18 12:34, Cav wrote:
To all of you saying meseta is useless now, not everyone dupes meseta. And npc store prices will keep the economy stable.

Think about when the game reaches the point that the only way to progress your character equipment wise is to synth your 10, 11, and 12 * items. Can you imagine the absolutely retarded and exorbitant prices that are going to be charged for those weapons and armor?

Sonic Team, Sega, whoever you wish to lay the blame upon for this really dropped the ball this time. I just hope they have the ability and the consideration for their American fans to pick it up again.

Randomness
Dec 18, 2006, 04:04 PM
On 2006-12-18 12:55, Ghen wrote:

On 2006-12-18 12:34, Cav wrote:

Think about when the game reaches the point that the only way to progress your character equipment wise is to synth your 10, 11, and 12 * items. Can you imagine the absolutely retarded and exorbitant prices that are going to be charged for those weapons and armor?

Sonic Team, Sega, whoever you wish to lay the blame upon for this really dropped the ball this time. I just hope they have the ability and the consideration for their American fans to pick it up again.

I try to be optimistic usually.

As far as fixing it goes, if they simply took all stacks of more than say 5 million meseta and reset them to 5 million, that would nicely nip this in the bud without ticking off too many people.

Honestly, theres no way to fix it without ticking people off. It comes down to weighing options, in the end. And 5 million would be a fairly high cut point, even.

Pentence
Dec 18, 2006, 04:07 PM
Ya know after reading this i wonder why sega didnt impliment simple cap for the price vs stars of an item(IE:3* cant be sold for more than 20k give or take btw battles fans are NOT worth 70-80k seriously folks).Would it realy be hard to do that? Argueably it could impede on a persons right to set their own prices.However i doubt anyone here would argue with haveing a cap on prices based on star rateing.

AeraLure
Dec 18, 2006, 04:15 PM
On 2006-12-18 13:04, Randomness wrote:

I try to be optimistic usually.

As far as fixing it goes, if they simply took all stacks of more than say 5 million meseta and reset them to 5 million, that would nicely nip this in the bud without ticking off too many people.

Honestly, theres no way to fix it without ticking people off. It comes down to weighing options, in the end. And 5 million would be a fairly high cut point, even.

You're right. Me too. I tried really hard to stay optimistic and I am even still. Sort of.

No fix will please everyone. SEGA is in a hard spot. I dont envy that. I'm not going to say that they did not put themselves there. Not going to point fingers or any of that. I stayed through everything waiting for this game, love it, have really enjoyed it, but the reality is I wrote SEGA on this topic (not this thread, I mean this issue). No reply, announcement, or visible action I can detect myself by this Friday am, I am out and done with it and I am not looking back. No hard feelings either. I'm just going to play and enjoy myself until Fridy am and see what happens.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-12-18 14:26 ]</font>

Rooroo
Dec 18, 2006, 04:15 PM
Dupers/hackers will just buy up 99x of expensive NPC synth mats (Resins, vestalines), gift wrap. Buy another 99x stack, gift wrap, repeat.

To be honest, I can't think of any way to fix this aside from a full server wipe on items and meseta. If Sega lets us keep character levels, job levels, and PM levels/bst, PA levels, then I don't really mind a full item wipe. But I imagine most people would be pretty pissed off.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rooroo on 2006-12-18 13:16 ]</font>

AeraLure
Dec 18, 2006, 04:18 PM
On 2006-12-18 13:15, Rooroo wrote:

To be honest, I can't think of any way to fix this aside from a full server wipe on items and meseta. If Sega lets us keep character levels, job levels, and PM levels/bst, PA levels, then I don't really mind a full item wipe. But I imagine most people would be pretty pissed off.

That is useful only if there was a fix, which is what I was wondering and why I was asking about the JP version. No fix for the exploit then anything they do is more or less pointless. I would stay through a wipe like that though, provided there actually was a fix.

Cav
Dec 18, 2006, 04:30 PM
Dupers/hackers will just buy up 99x of expensive NPC synth mats (Resins, vestalines), gift wrap. Buy another 99x stack, gift wrap, repeat.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rooroo on 2006-12-18 13:16 ]</font>

How does this effect the economy?

And to "the sky is falling with 10 11 and 12*s and only dupers will get them" we aren't even at that point yet, and neither are jp servers. So we can't comment on what will happen.
At worst we'd have people with 99 10-12* materials making a bunch of 10-12* weapons to sell. If they choose to price it so only a duper can buy it, then go make your own. If they choose to price it low because they have so many of them then thats ok too. Not any different from now with people being stupid with Vestalines or pricing 8* items. Buy or go elsewhere.

Randomness
Dec 18, 2006, 04:54 PM
On 2006-12-18 13:18, AeraLure wrote:

That is useful only if there was a fix, which is what I was wondering and why I was asking about the JP version. No fix for the exploit then anything they do is more or less pointless. I would stay through a wipe like that though, provided there actually was a fix.

Exactly. Without a fix, they can't do anything.

I wonder though, are there any laws they could sue the offenders through?

Metempsychic
Dec 18, 2006, 05:03 PM
On 2006-12-18 13:54, Randomness wrote:

Oh! You're talking about the "You did something bad in a fake world" law, aren't you?

The day people are sued for duping is the day the world ends.

Randomness
Dec 18, 2006, 05:04 PM
On 2006-12-18 14:03, Metempsychic wrote:

On 2006-12-18 13:54, Randomness wrote:

Oh! You're talking about the "You did something bad in a fake world" law, aren't you?

No, the illegal part would be circumventing security to alter the data.

EDIT:About the meseta lots sold on eBay by broomop, please say the total is over $5,000...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randomness on 2006-12-18 14:13 ]</font>

Calamity
Dec 18, 2006, 05:11 PM
wow xbox doesnt have this problem

Spellbinder
Dec 18, 2006, 07:29 PM
On 2006-12-18 14:11, LILC wrote:
wow xbox doesnt have this problem

Ya, they just have people stealing accounts and potentially credit card information. /sarcasm

Criminal matter regarding the X-Box 360 version of PSU
(http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=13236&sid=02477f1bdee15f60fda45f572fc8d269)

Nothing is truly safe. Whether it's duped meseta or stolen account information, people are going to get jipped in some shape or form so let's just put this "xbox don't have teh dupez" stuff to rest please.

Sychosis
Dec 18, 2006, 07:48 PM
You can easily call 1-800-4-my-xbox and have it so no one under any circumstances can change your account info.

A simple call and you're totally safe.

Spellbinder
Dec 18, 2006, 07:52 PM
And as that thread seems to imply, someone could simply call in for the personal info, and if customer service is stupid enough, allow the perpetrator to have it so no one under any circumstances can change it to their liking.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spellbinder on 2006-12-18 16:53 ]</font>

Ras
Dec 18, 2006, 08:02 PM
On 2006-12-18 14:03, Metempsychic wrote:

Breach of contract, common law trespass to chattels, computer fraud and abuse act, state law options (in California for instance, Cal. Penal Code § 502(c)).

It isn't "doing something bad in a fake world" - it's "doing something bad to computers in the real world."

Damages depend on the theory asserted. Sega has to hire GMs to ban hackers, and their programmers have to spend time fixing exploits. Just looking at threads like these, Sega is losing out on plenty of subscriber revenue because of hacking, which could be recoverable. Threaten to sue for the salary of ONE person or the subscriber revenue for a few hundred and watch how fast people stop hacking. It'd be amusing at least.

Sychosis
Dec 18, 2006, 08:14 PM
On 2006-12-18 16:52, Spellbinder wrote:
And as that thread seems to imply, someone could simply call in for the personal info, and if customer service is stupid enough, allow the perpetrator to have it so no one under any circumstances can change it to their liking.

And that is when legal action begins. Really, after that whole incident I have not heard of one "hacking" incident afterwards. Firstly, the "hackers" now know this is a criminal offense and aren't risking it anymore. Second, MS operators have been instructed that what happened was a serious problem, so good luck trying that anymore.

And this is all of course assuming one is stupid enough to not do it asap.

Really, the risk of (and penalties for) stealing a Live GT is huge. The risk for hacking the PC version of PSU is virtually non-existant.