PDA

View Full Version : Axe PA....falling short?

Aegias
Dec 18, 2006, 12:10 AM
Hmmm...I just now got my Axe pa to 11, and it seems like Ill start the combo and shove a mob and knock him back (stupid far) and then ill perform the second part and jump towards it, and it just doesn't reach the monsters hit boxes. Maybe leveling it up more will make its aoe effect larger or the jump farther? I woouldnt know im still 11 and it levels so slow for the ammount of PP it has. Just wondering if anyone else has these woes or just doesn't have this issue at all and has a tip?

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 18, 2006, 12:11 AM
i never had a problem reaching the monsters after the knockback from the first hit. It basically crow control weapon. Plus the knock back on that weapon is so powerful.

Bleemo
Dec 18, 2006, 12:15 AM
Haha, Anga Dugrega has to be the funnest PA in the game. I loved leaping around.

The damage numbers are fun, like seeing 1350+ third combo PA crits, but it's not really a good DPS weapon due to the low accuracy and how slow they are.

Just wait until the next Axe PA is released, as I happen to be doing. It's brutal.

Jozon
Dec 18, 2006, 12:55 AM
and probably cost 99 pa fragments

Ronin1of47
Dec 18, 2006, 01:02 AM
you can buy the next set in stores ultimate Pa's need PA frags

Aegias
Dec 18, 2006, 01:13 AM
I agree the Axe is more of a burst dps crowd control weapon, I honestly enjoy it so much because of the 3rd normal hit knockdown and the change in game play (opposed to dagger PA spam) I guess the PA's second combos reach is user error then ><! On the point of the second PA i honestly think its the only PA from the new sets ill be getting, maybe the second spear PA so i can put away daggers and be a Spear spamming noob instead. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Oh well thanks for the input guys.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aegias on 2006-12-17 22:14 ]</font>

Guitarsmasher
Dec 18, 2006, 06:37 AM
i was talking to someone yesterday tht had the same problem. someone in my party told him why. he said youre not supposed to reach the enemy, its supposed to bring you closer to the enemy for the next move of the PA, which youll find out at lvl 21.

etlitch
Dec 18, 2006, 07:03 AM
The special thing with this PA is that you can *glitch* and jump outside maps. Like on a certain relic run.

Vhex
Dec 18, 2006, 08:46 AM
Try using the first combo of the PA as a lift (not actually hitting the enemy with it nessisarily) than land on the enemies targeted with the second. The knockback of the first attack with the follow up of them jump only worth on large enemies like Kamatoze. Also, be patient, the PA gets alot easier to land hits with once you get it past 21. I reccomend getting 3 axes and doing Sleeping Warriors B runs until you get it to 21. Also another thing to keep in mind is that the PA has very low Acc. at low leveling so you may have to do back attacks for awhile till you get it higher.

Aegias
Dec 18, 2006, 10:51 AM
The acc. isnt an issue till lvl 60 mobs, as for it not supposed to reach the enemy theres a video of someone using it and reaching the enemy fine( see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=870uLmL2SGo ), supppose its time to level it up ><.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aegias on 2006-12-18 07:55 ]</font>

Wheatpenny
Dec 18, 2006, 11:06 AM
I can reach the enemy just fine with the ol leaping smash,kinda makes me feel like the incredible hulk.

panzer_unit
Dec 18, 2006, 11:13 AM
Sometimes the third hit of the Knuckles PA doesn't jump far enough to connect with the monster I just kicked across the map. If you want to make sure of landing those moves, maybe knock the mob into a wall or something so they don't fly full distance?

Aegias
Dec 18, 2006, 12:36 PM
On 2006-12-18 08:13, panzer_unit wrote:
Sometimes the third hit of the Knuckles PA doesn't jump far enough to connect with the monster I just kicked across the map. If you want to make sure of landing those moves, maybe knock the mob into a wall or something so they don't fly full distance?

Thats what ive been doing, or just making sure theres another mob or two near by to drive it down on.

Polenicus
Dec 18, 2006, 12:51 PM
I've noticed a similar sort of thing with the Doublesaber PA. First you cut his legs out from under him, knocking him down, then you jump and stab, then boot in the head, knocking your weapon free and sending him flying, then you dash forward... but even though the last attack usually goes far enough to connect, you lose out on a lot of the hits (Nailing a mob with the last hit of the PA at point blank is just MEAN). I think stuff like that is mostly meant for large crowds, where even after you knock a few away, there are still more coming at you. That and bosses who CAN'T get knocked away.

XHunter
Dec 18, 2006, 01:24 PM
well mine has been working fine for....i'll usually hit one monster into a mob and then making sure i hit another one along with it.....oh and i'm not sure about Sleeping warriors B....
But i would suggest Moatoob not to sure of the name of the mission, but its the first mission....that does not go through the desert.....it's only 2 blocks.. once you past the 1st block the fun begins...since you have a healing station and a photon charge....and 2 huge mob spawns....your set for life...within 3 hours i went from a lvl 3 to a lvl 12, then i made a second axe....and it took me probably a total of 5-7 hours to get it to 22.