PDA

View Full Version : Figunner Gear Priorities: Melee Weapons, Armor or Ranged?

Polenicus
Dec 18, 2006, 08:30 AM
This is just my attempt to get a sounding board on what I'm doing to keep my Figunner un-gimp with limited financial resources. I'm starting in the S-rank runs, and I want to make sure I'm pulling my weight.

Currently I'm a level 43 Figunner 2. I started into Figunner with a Doublesaber as soon as I could get it (PA is now level 22), and I also use Twin Sabers. For ranged I use Twin Handguns. Currently all my other gear is B-rank, which means I'll need to upgrade it. My guns are pretty badly gimped at only 4 stars. My armor was worse until I bought a Gigaline, and all the slots are filled with Mega/Knight, Mega/Wall and the HP/Regen unit. Still only 4 star armor, but finding anything better for less than 200k has been difficult.

So, what should I focus on getting first? A rank twin sabers, A rank twin guns (Both of which I can equip immediately) or better armor? (Which will likely entail having to find someone to custom-synth it for me). I'm currently levelling Striking on my PM (Level 60 right now, and 100% pure) so given a little more time, I can probably synth my own striking weapons (I synthed two sets of Twin Sabers for myself already).

The Doublesaber I'll eventually have to upgrade to a Bone Dance, but for now it should serve, and I may skip the Bone Dance entirely in favour of saving for the better doublesabers coming down the pipe. So right now my goal is to get the rest of my gear up to par. I just need to figure out where to start.

Alisha
Dec 18, 2006, 08:44 AM
if you use your pa's to keep monsters off there feet you can probally wait a bit on armor

Polenicus
Dec 18, 2006, 10:13 AM
Okay, that seems logical. Still wincing every time I take a volley of barta on System Defense S (It's never just one, there's always a crossfire) but I'm getting better at dodging.

It sounds like a Twin Saber upgrade would be my next best bet (And they look so yummy!), though maybe I'll upgrade my guns to a 6* B rank in the meantime.

drizzle
Dec 18, 2006, 10:25 AM
Eh, all that stuff you have is more than fine for level 43. Where do you get all that money, anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Polenicus
Dec 18, 2006, 11:39 AM
Heh. I do a lot of Relics runs, and opened a shop as early as I could, selling synth materials at decent rates. A lot of people either don't take the time to farm synth materials, or they don't take the time to figure out what rates they'll sell at. Some stuff is crap and should be NPC'd, but you'd be surprised how much of it will sell, and well.

I've seldom gotten rares, and I don't think I've sold many, most of my money just comes from a regular grind. Once I get my PM to 100, I'll convert some of my farmed materials over to weapon synths (Some of it is always going to be sold, like armor mats and Ranger or Force-type mats)

-Crokar-
Dec 18, 2006, 11:40 AM
im a lvl 48 fighgunner. i only have 2 a rank weapons,double saber,ryo-misaki, then i got twin lockguns, halbert, fluorecent bulb/lockgun, and im saving up for death dancers. i still wear a megaline. and i can go through s rank mad creatures solo with no problems.

my equipment isnt all that great but you got to use what you can afford.

its also good to have all your PAs high as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Crokar- on 2006-12-18 08:43 ]</font>

lavosmanx
Dec 18, 2006, 12:32 PM
I'm gona save up for armor first, im gona buy a gigaline so I need to save up alot about 20k.

Polenicus
Dec 18, 2006, 12:38 PM
Lavosmanx, Given a choice, I would recommend STRONGLY getting a shop ticket FIRST. In my first two hours of the shop being open, I made back my 15k, plus another 5 (Of course, I saved all my farmed materials)

Gigaline is good armor tho. And now that it's no longer priced at 110k in player shops, it makes sense to get it.

As for my PA's Crokar, my Twin Saber PA is at 24, my Doublesaber PA is at 22. My Sword PA is at 19, but I don't think I'll be using sword much anymore. I need to work on a single-hand weapon (Dagger, Claw or Saber) and level my bullets (All around 13-15)

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 18, 2006, 01:17 PM
hmm, as a Fighgunner level 53, I still use Ageha-Senba as my armor, and I am not worried about getting new armor. They key is stay in motion, use your ranged weapons to cause status, then run in and hit them when they're defenseless. My favorite 1v1 combo right now is a long range ice handgun(currently lvl12) to freeze em, then a single claw PA combo at level 14 right now. For groups I prefer my twin handguns with shock, try and get them all shocked, then run in with a double saber, single dagger, or double dagger to deal damage to all of them. It works pretty well for the most part. This is all when soloing. In groups, I just attack like a mad man with different weapons. I have all 5 stars except for the ones only available as 7 or higher, I have as 7 stars(double saber and claw). Use ranged on any flying enemy.

I would wait on upgrading your ranged weapons. The japanese servers have 9* boards they can buy, and that's the highest A rank weapon. So you'll want to upgrade to that eventually. But for now, 5 star weapons are pretty good, and pretty cheap at around 10k from a PC shop for a decent one. I'd personally stick with those maybe 6 star, for all that are available as such, and upgrade to 9* when available. Armor... doesn't seem to help much, unless you get a good element on it. In all seriousness, I see people with 8* armor, and they seem to get hit more thinking they can take more, when I just time everything and keep moving. That's the way to win at this game, stay moving.

THE JACKEL

Fure_Rakune
Dec 18, 2006, 02:33 PM
Maybe you should invest in some 6* weps and grind them to come comprable to the A ranks.

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 18, 2006, 03:15 PM
i wouldnt do S rank till lvl 50...

Witchblade56
Dec 18, 2006, 03:40 PM
ROFL @ not doing s ranks til 50,

i started doing them at level 46 and i now have 15 PA frags. Really seriously it comes down to a few things.

Firstly with the Dejjabans i use saber/gun combos or dual gun combo for them. Strafe and move behind them; hit them with rising strike to knock them on their butts then move again. I strafe around the outside of a group rather than running through. Hallways are guns only for me. Move side to side and watch for the purple hoho of death to come flying at you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

For anything else [such as the bel pannons, dog creatures] I close on them with melee weapons.

In the 20 or so s rank missions ive done i have used a total of 4 scapes and died three times one night when we were farming items and not s rank on the runs.

Player skill factors in. If you can move and hit at the same time youre good to go. You can do just fine on the 5 star B rank weaps to be honest. If you can afford A rank weaps then do it. If you can afford crafting the A rank armors do it. As a rough estimate on the sori-senba armor the board is 90k, mats at npc's for this armor cost a total of 412,500 mes for -ONE- to be made.

Ronzeru
Dec 18, 2006, 03:52 PM
Get more A Rank weapons and invest in some better armor. If you were 50+ I wouldn't suggest the armor and that you can wait. But the weaker you are defense wise at that level range doing S ranks, the larger the chances for you to die and waste your Scapedolls.

And Fighgunner level 59 here. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Witchblade56
Dec 18, 2006, 04:12 PM
Heres another thought on top of what ronzeru stated; make agtarides/zodiarides.

Hustle berries drop decently for me when I solo farm. Omega acids are as well if you take the time to farm b rank LL.

Obviously the higher level you are the better your ATA/ATP will be. This in turn means you dont have to rely as heavily upon foods/weaps. Think though; if you do buff yourself with foods at a higher level the mobs will die a bit faster http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Just my thoughts on the matter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2006-12-18 13:13 ]</font>

Hustler_One
Dec 18, 2006, 04:15 PM
On 2006-12-18 05:30, Polenicus wrote:

Currently I'm a level 43 Figunner 2. My armor was worse until I bought a Gigaline, and all the slots are filled with Mega/Knight, Mega/Wall and the HP/Regen unit.

Beats mine... Level 40 Fortefighter with perpaline ftw http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif