PDA

View Full Version : Item: Assasic * 8s kubara rifle* or Burst * 8s grm rifle*

Pheromone
Dec 18, 2006, 04:02 PM
one thing, the Assasic may be powerful.. but its ata is around 35 less and it eats through PP quickly, so it would waste money. Which gun would you rather buy at my shops if I make them? for what purposes?

Kil
Dec 18, 2006, 04:04 PM
Seeing as how we won't be grinding that kubara rifle for a very long time... the burst? I've been selling those for up to 270k. I don't know, but it took me a really long to sell my 6* kubara rifle because it was only grinded to 2, in comparison to my GRM 6* falcon which always sells fast.

Randomness
Dec 18, 2006, 04:05 PM
Umm... shouldn't the Assassic have more ATA and less ATP than the normal 8*?

Pheromone
Dec 18, 2006, 04:09 PM
not according to the item database

Carbinne
Dec 18, 2006, 04:13 PM
I compared a 6* Falcon ground to +5 (in a shop) and a 6* Riflic ground to +5 (mine) and the Riflic is worse in every way. THe PP and ATP were fairly close, but the fact is that the Falcon still was better. If I was the type that obsessively ground to +10 maybe it would be loats better, but.... I can't find anyone selling Riflics now. I got mine for 20k, and I doubt people would be generous enough to sell those for that price anyway. I was hoping it'd be stronger and look cooler too, as it is the riflic looks rather... generic.

Kil
Dec 18, 2006, 04:18 PM
The only real reason to make the Assasic right now is that you probably have tons of Kubara Wood and maybe not so much Par Ebon. The Assasic has a lower success rate and is straight up worse statwise (can't be improved for a very long time).

Niered
Dec 18, 2006, 04:20 PM
True as these posts are, you have to remember that kubara weapons grind much much nicer then there normal counterparts.

Sitka
Dec 18, 2006, 04:35 PM
Check your success rate on your synths as well. You'll have better success synthing the Burst Rifles then the Kubara variant.

I've seen the Burst Rifle selling for over 300k, so there's money to be made with that one.

Pheromone
Dec 18, 2006, 04:47 PM
Ah thanks, I didn't post this in trade:

1: because I am asking a general concensus and for information
2: because I don't actually have the items to sell.

Well I am making my Bursts now, if these two don't work i'm broke http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Witchblade56
Dec 18, 2006, 04:54 PM
Friend of mine synthed a Bulletmastric [kubara variation of the evil twins]. The Bullet mastrics just suck for the moment since they are ungrindable. She gave me the Evils twins though [i kinda wanted the bulletmastric for later but o well].

Kubara weapons will almost always [barring a grind break] be better than the Name Brand variants after they have been ground. Prior to grinding they are just terrible. The name brand variants outclass them in every way. Once you get past the third grinder upgrade [I think it is] they start to exceed the name brand variants in stats.

Making them is another thing entirely; they have a higher chance of failure.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2006-12-18 13:56 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Dec 18, 2006, 05:03 PM
On 2006-12-18 13:20, Niered wrote:
True as these posts are, you have to remember that kubara weapons grind much much nicer then there normal counterparts.

We won't be getting A Rank grinders for a long time.

Dymalos
Dec 18, 2006, 06:51 PM
From my experience with 6* Kubara Rifles and Bows, they don't actually tie their namebrand equivalents until both are at +6.

Ryoki
Dec 18, 2006, 10:43 PM
On 2006-12-18 13:54, Witchblade56 wrote:
Friend of mine synthed a Bulletmastric [kubara variation of the evil twins]. The Bullet mastrics just suck for the moment since they are ungrindable. She gave me the Evils twins though [i kinda wanted the bulletmastric for later but o well].

Kubara weapons will almost always [barring a grind break] be better than the Name Brand variants after they have been ground. Prior to grinding they are just terrible. The name brand variants outclass them in every way. Once you get past the third grinder upgrade [I think it is] they start to exceed the name brand variants in stats.

Making them is another thing entirely; they have a higher chance of failure.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2006-12-18 13:56 ]</font>

but....they look so much cooler!
I am a kind of custom liking guy. a few stats lost for looks is ok for me.

Also, about grinding a kubara....I have a bulb and a machineguc up to 5, and another bulb to 2. None of my Kubara weapons have ever broken. I don't feel as scared grinding one.

BTW: Is it me, or are name brand guns way harded to grind than melee weapons?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2006-12-18 19:44 ]</font>