PDA

View Full Version : pvp system?

Calamity
Dec 18, 2006, 05:24 PM
when are we gonna be able to fight each other?

Laranas
Dec 18, 2006, 05:25 PM
Hopefully never

RAFA
Dec 18, 2006, 05:25 PM
u arent? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

MXdude
Dec 18, 2006, 05:26 PM
I dont think PSO nor PSU could translate into a good PVP game. PSO had PVP....but was utter crap.

McLaughlin
Dec 18, 2006, 05:26 PM
On 2006-12-18 14:25, Laranas wrote:
Hopefully never

Indeed.

zandra117
Dec 18, 2006, 05:29 PM
Whenever they open an arena, PVP is ok as long as its in an arena. I hate "forest battles".
Probably when Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of Illumines is released.

Calamity
Dec 18, 2006, 05:29 PM
so it'll be somethin different to do when your tired of runnin missions over and over again

Calamity
Dec 18, 2006, 05:30 PM
when is that comin out

zandra117
Dec 18, 2006, 05:32 PM
On 2006-12-18 14:30, LILC wrote:
when is that comin out

unknown
heres the site http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/secret/

RAFA
Dec 18, 2006, 05:39 PM
On 2006-12-18 14:29, zandra117 wrote:
Whenever they open an arena, PVP is ok as long as its in an arena. I hate "forest battles".
Probably when Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of Illumines is released.

they can make some servers with PVP only...

happy_cricket
Dec 18, 2006, 05:40 PM
If they do it, I hope it's an improvement of the battle system from PSO. I cannot stress to you how utterly horrible that was.

Calamity
Dec 18, 2006, 05:44 PM
well it doesnt really matter to me how they do it but i'd like them to because untill they do there is no use for clans period

ZeldaSerenade
Dec 18, 2006, 05:44 PM
Well, BA rules 2 and 6 were fun from PSO. All the other ones sucked.

Niered
Dec 18, 2006, 07:12 PM
I dont understand the whole mentality "PVP WOULD SUCK LAWL". Granted, it DID in PSO. Forces with megid won hands down. Otherwise it was HAHAHA KNOCKED YOU DOWN NOW YOU HIT ME KNOCK ME DOWN etc. But basically, weve already played PVP in PSU, and i thought it was ok. I mean the whole Vol Brothers thing wasnt too bad if you ask me. Give us a roll maneuver solely for PVP (this shouldnt be too hard, assign it to the interact button during PVP and just make it so there are no items to pick up) and were all set.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Niered on 2006-12-18 16:13 ]</font>

RedBoxHunter
Dec 18, 2006, 07:21 PM
What I miss is challenge mode, it was something fun you could do once your level was capped.

Zaft
Dec 18, 2006, 07:22 PM
Only pvp system I would want would be the Arena, preferably the same idea as the .hack//GU arena. Just no PKing or PKKing outside of the arena.

Genobee
Dec 18, 2006, 07:22 PM
On 2006-12-18 16:12, Niered wrote:
I dont understand the whole mentality "PVP WOULD SUCK LAWL". Granted, it DID in PSO. Forces with megid won hands down. Otherwise it was HAHAHA KNOCKED YOU DOWN NOW YOU HIT ME KNOCK ME DOWN etc. But basically, weve already played PVP in PSU, and i thought it was ok. I mean the whole Vol Brothers thing wasnt too bad if you ask me. Give us a roll maneuver solely for PVP (this shouldnt be too hard, assign it to the interact button during PVP and just make it so there are no items to pick up) and were all set.

Thats because the VOL brothers had the AI of a 3 year old child, PVP will neever work unless they reprogram the entire game, And I highly dougbt it will be in the Expansion.

Niered
Dec 18, 2006, 07:37 PM
What? Yes, there AI is nowhere near that of a true player's, but i still see no reason why it wouldnt work. damage would have to be calculated differently but thats all i can think of.

MXdude
Dec 18, 2006, 07:46 PM
hunters would own all in PVP. Forces have long casts which a hunter could just side step and spam PAs, rangers would just shoot at a charging hunter until then inevitably get spammed by PAs over and over.

Randomness
Dec 18, 2006, 07:52 PM
On 2006-12-18 16:46, MXdude wrote:
hunters would own all in PVP. Forces have long casts which a hunter could just side step and spam PAs, rangers would just shoot at a charging hunter until then inevitably get spammed by PAs over and over.

Shock bullets. You can't attack? Or heal? I WIN!

As for forces... Try dodging a Ramegid.

Genobee
Dec 18, 2006, 07:57 PM
On 2006-12-18 16:52, Randomness wrote:

On 2006-12-18 16:46, MXdude wrote:

Shock bullets. You can't attack? Or heal? I WIN!

As for forces... Try dodging a Ramegid.

Tell that to Antimates.....

RAFA
Dec 18, 2006, 07:59 PM
On 2006-12-18 14:40, happy_cricket wrote:
If they do it, I hope it's an improvement of the battle system from PSO. I cannot stress to you how utterly horrible that was.

i know how the pvp suked lol.. i used to pvp with my bro and it was.. omfg

Quark713
Dec 18, 2006, 09:20 PM
Beasts with Nanoblast would win most matches...
"Oh, yeah, go ahead and shoot me with your dinky rifle...It'll just fill my bar quicker!"

Superlooper5
Dec 18, 2006, 09:51 PM
Ummm... The Whole Ambition of Illuminues thing what are they gonna do for the 360 crowd

VanHalen
Dec 18, 2006, 09:57 PM
im pretty sure pvp can be worked in this game but it just doesnt really match the game guardians fighting their own would be weird

Gazette
Dec 18, 2006, 09:57 PM
Ambition of Illuminues isn't an expansion, it's an arc in the online story mode.
The JP are already in it.

Sc0pe
Dec 18, 2006, 10:05 PM
It'd work if they set the story to be like a tournament or something

SonicTMP
Dec 18, 2006, 10:34 PM
On 2006-12-18 16:12, Niered wrote:

it would suck because the game is simply not designed for it. All the classes are balanced around the weapons/PA levels they can use and fighting PVE. IN a pvp senario all hell breaks loose. Rangers could inflict unending status on you, your mates will be gone pronto. Hunters, if they get close enough, can stunlock you or toss you around like a rag doll with most of the melee PA. Forces would rip you to shreds if they hit you with the right element (if your wearing elemental armor), can heal and megid for insta death.

Lets also note the fact that hit detection in PSO was bad. And in PSU its still not as good as it could be. Mobs have that warping effect and players don't sync up with each other perfectly. I can be hitting a mob in the upper left of the map while the rest of the party is killing it in the lower right.

NO, psu is simply not made for PVP. it shouldn't have it. If you people want pvp so freaking badly, go play a game made for it for gods sake. TONS of FPS, fighting games, racing games, puzzle games all sorts of games made speficly to increase the size of your ego so you think you can humilate some random person just cause you beat them at a game.

And if it looks like im a bit upset on this sort of topic? well ya i am. Its so fuckign stupid when an mmorpg balance is based off pvp. a couple classes get favoritizm and alot of classes lose effectivness in pve so they don't own others in pvp. its so stupid.

Go play a game made for pvp, don't beg for it in a game made for pve.

Niered
Dec 18, 2006, 11:04 PM
I never begged for it geenyus. I was saying that in my opinion, i think it could work, and at this point in time i fail to see how it couldnt. if it ever comes out we will see how it does, but until then i fail to see what getting your tampon shoved up your ass in a pissy fit has to do with it.

Valius
Dec 18, 2006, 11:23 PM
I could see them adding something like competitive missions, but straight PvP I'm not so sure.

SonicTMP
Dec 18, 2006, 11:24 PM
On 2006-12-18 20:04, Niered wrote:
I never begged for it geenyus. I was saying that in my opinion, i think it could work, and at this point in time i fail to see how it couldnt. if it ever comes out we will see how it does, but until then i fail to see what getting your tampon shoved up your ass in a pissy fit has to do with it.

First of all the first paragraph was directed at you since it was an explanation of what was wrong with pvp. The rest was more of a gernal rant point at the people who want pvp. Though if you want to get nasty I have no problems doing so.

Still, your blind if you think pvp in psu is going to work just fine. There are so many problems that will require major reblancing of the classes which would destroy the system in place. Unless they make a speical zone where all the rules change, and they wont because that requires too much effort on their behalf, then everything will be messed up when they rebalance the game for pvp. Or if they just put in a battle mode then you get PSO's wacked out hit detection and megid spammers.

Tenzntwentiez
Dec 18, 2006, 11:26 PM
PSU would be great for PVP, the rangers would pick off the Forces and try to hit them with stat effects so they cant cast. While the hunters would go after the rangers/fo's or w/e. The fo's would obviouly try to heal. They can add certain elements to the battleground like a ledge for the fo and rangers. Honestly with some hard work they can make it a great PVP game but like i said its HARD work and sega doesnt beleive in that obviously.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 18, 2006, 11:33 PM
I'm worried about the balancing thing though, and yes, I'm talking about Nanoblasts and SUV, something I'm sure that these two races didn't even need, although I appreciate their prescence when fighting against strong bosses or in an S mission or something, but it isn't something for competition IMO, it'll be too broken for PVP.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 18, 2006, 11:36 PM
If we get PvP I hope you guys know how to quick-swap armor when you see the color of the Wands and Cards the Fortechers have... otherwise... lol.

EDIT: As for Nanoblast and SUV? Who cares? By the time they get the gauge full the match timer would be up.

They fill fast when they are using multi-hit weapons and getting hit by a few mobs at once, but when it's one on one it's not gonna fill at all by very much.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-12-18 20:39 ]</font>

Tenzntwentiez
Dec 18, 2006, 11:41 PM
they can just disable it. Like i said, the PVP system needs work for it to work out.

Fleur-de-Lis
Dec 18, 2006, 11:41 PM
I'd be down for it, though I couldn't imagine implementing the logistics. I'm not even going to try to speculate how that would work.

But I'm down.

Tenzntwentiez
Dec 18, 2006, 11:48 PM
i think it would make a good pvp... you have rangers which are good for status effects to either keep the fo in check or if you have 2+, keep some hunters in check., forces basically heal/buff, and the hunters rush the FO and kill him/her (like in every pvp mmo, this is where the battlefield comes in... make some natural barriers so its harder to reach them). Of course there should be some damage tweaking as well as in other areas. Make a good battlefield and your set. Anyone played guild wars? I can see ALOT of potential for PVP but i doubt we will see it.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 18, 2006, 11:54 PM
FO pvping 101.

Lesson 1: Get the first hit off or you're screwed.
Lesson 2: If you don't see the Hunter coming, you're screwed.
Lesson 3: Strike from behind and catch him off guard. All's fair in love and war.

RA pvping 101:

Lesson 1: Uhh... aim for his eyes?
Lesson 2: If that fails, aim for his family jewels?
Lesson 3: If that fails then just unequip your weapon and surrender. Maybe he won't kill you? Maybe.

HU pvping 101:

Lesson 1: Dus Daggas.
Lesson 2: Rising Crush.
Lesson 3: Did I mention Dus Daggas?

amirite?

Bleemo
Dec 19, 2006, 12:05 AM
On 2006-12-18 20:54, Garnet_Moon wrote:
HU pvping 101:

Lesson 1: Dus Daggas.
Lesson 2: Rising Crush.
Lesson 3: Did I mention Dus Daggas?

amirite?

Dus Daggas would be fun, but...

I'd prefer the "LOL U CANT HIT ME Tornado Dance".

KaiNova7
Dec 19, 2006, 12:36 AM
Im all for pvp also...Love "forest battle legit style" on pso..along with rule battles.
Psu is more than capable of producing an balanced battle system. Minor tweaks and work as Tenzn said is all that is needed.
Im really hoping Sonic team pulls this one out of the hat..
Makes for another reason to play in the long run...
Think of player events and tournaments for prizes etc...

DanMalak
Dec 19, 2006, 12:48 AM
Uh from what I remember from PSO's pvp, FO's dominated, they could be in another room but still be able to attack someone as long as they were in distance, and 1 zonde or 2 would kill hunters/rangers, or if they got close, FO's would use rabarta, freeze them cast grants/megid for the ko. If they were to make pvp for PSU I still think FO's would win it.

Shaidar
Dec 19, 2006, 01:33 AM
On 2006-12-18 16:22, Zaft wrote:
Only pvp system I would want would be the Arena, preferably the same idea as the .hack//GU arena. Just no PKing or PKKing outside of the arena.

My thoughts exactly. PvP shouldn't be the core of the game, but I would love to see some kind of place to try things out, meet people and just have fun. So yeah, some kind of arena would be totally sweet. Even if it isn't 100% balanced I wouldn't say no to one. Meh, it shouldnt be too hard balancing this. Seeing as you fight other "characters" several times in story mode, which works just fine, I'm sure there's some way to pull this one off as well.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 19, 2006, 01:43 AM
If we ever get a PvP system I hope they allow you to make bets with items on the winner.

FG: "If I win I want your Psycho Wand."
FT: "ok. When I win I want your Crea Double."
{both place items as prizes, but don't lose them to the winner until the end}
FG: "..."
FT: "Guess you shouldn't have sold your Nightwalker huh? You're broke, AND you have no Double Saber now. kekeke"
FG: /wrist

Calamity
Dec 19, 2006, 01:58 AM
well i guess all of u didnt come from the xbox vers. were everything was hacked up and u actually had to be GOOD at battles and the fo's didnt jus run everything on the xbox one the ramars and rangers did and sum humars who knew wut they were doin(me)ran everything cuz we found out that the mechguns was the weapon to use it culd stop a force from using all of his techs while in mid casting so u actually had to have some skill but some forces still used megid to f everything up

funkymunky46
Dec 19, 2006, 03:46 AM
I always thought that was the reason for the level cap... So that eventually, there will be some sort of pvp arena or something... Meh...

KiteWolfwood
Dec 19, 2006, 05:21 AM
One of the fun things I remember doing. Going into battle mode then going through forest, caves, ect. Actually trying to beat the areas while trying not to kill each other while fighting stuff or like if a rare dropped everyone would go crazy an kill team mates to get the rare. It was a blast.

AC9breaker
Dec 19, 2006, 06:24 AM
You know for a minute, I was worried we wouldn't get a "LOL PVP PLZ!?" thread this month.
God Bless!

mogshaz
Dec 19, 2006, 06:25 AM
would be nice to have. If not only for PVPering but also for watching too jerkoffs fight a betting on which jerkoff dies.

Shinou
Dec 19, 2006, 10:02 AM
On 2006-12-19 02:21, KiteWolfwood wrote:
One of the fun things I remember doing. Going into battle mode then going through forest, caves, ect. Actually trying to beat the areas while trying not to kill each other while fighting stuff or like if a rare dropped everyone would go crazy an kill team mates to get the rare. It was a blast.

haha now that sounds fun.