PDA

View Full Version : What's coming for this Friday?

Kanore
Dec 18, 2006, 07:09 PM
I suddenly got a rush of boredom after hitting 60 because I despite Onmagoug, so for now I might be playing on an... *ahem*recentlyreleased...bbthing*cough* until Friday. Anyone know what's in store for us this Christmas weekend?

Randomness
Dec 18, 2006, 07:15 PM
I'm hoping for damu- techs. Or Megid, which would REALLY make my day.

CyarVictor
Dec 18, 2006, 07:18 PM
I'm looking forward to an actual good set of cast parts other than Lobas complete and the Raptorus Arms.... maybe some more mission or new areas.

Sychosis
Dec 18, 2006, 07:23 PM
Next Update: December 22

New for next week, all GUARDIANS can look forward to continuing the online story elements of PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE with any all new episode in the GUARDIAN Missions. In addition, even more S-Rank missions will be delivered offering new challenges.

lavosmanx
Dec 18, 2006, 07:55 PM
Increased meseta drops actually that would make my day. Even if it were a periodic event.

-Crokar-
Dec 18, 2006, 09:52 PM
yay more stuff that i cant solo yay. ill do the story mission thing even though its pretty much a waste of time.

Umberger
Dec 18, 2006, 10:33 PM
On 2006-12-18 16:15, Randomness wrote:
I'm hoping for damu- techs. Or Megid, which would REALLY make my day.

JP PSU just got Megid...cost is 99 PA Fragments. So when we DO get it...don't expect it to be like update---buy technic disk.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 18, 2006, 10:37 PM
screw megid give me ramegid http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tenzntwentiez
Dec 18, 2006, 11:15 PM
one thing i've learned about these updates is that anything you hear is false, unless its offiicial. Someone said something about De ragnus, The gallons quest thing, and other junk that didnt come to fruitation on Thursday. Just wait and see, or hope sega will let u know (not)

Realmz
Dec 18, 2006, 11:18 PM
the update i look forward to next is the new clothing update and getting dark bullets for my rifle

until then the only thing i have to do is make more money

BahnKnakyu
Dec 18, 2006, 11:39 PM
The PSU US update schedule has gone off course from the JP schedule - different S-rank quests were released last Friday from what was released in the JP schedule, so it's hard to expect WHICH S-ranks we'll get.

Example? JP got S-rank Agata Relics the week after the advanced class update. We haven't.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BahnKnakyu on 2006-12-18 20:41 ]</font>

Pandatron
Dec 19, 2006, 12:26 AM
On 2006-12-18 16:09, Kanore wrote:
I suddenly got a rush of boredom after hitting 60 because I despite Onmagoug, so for now I might be playing on an... *ahem*recentlyreleased...bbthing*cough* until Friday. Anyone know what's in store for us this Christmas weekend?

I felt the same way and then i realized... 'crap i don't have nearly enough PA Fragments to get all the new stuff i want'. I suggest if your bored you start farming for those xD. As to what's going to be on this update who knows all sega has said is more S ranks i'm just waiting for Bruce's before i start MP farming cause Omna is not worth the payout currently to try to reach lvl: 10 expert class.

Sidenote: Tohou Project series is amazing ^_^.

-Crokar-
Dec 19, 2006, 12:34 AM
im going to sell all my fragments.

RoninJoku
Dec 19, 2006, 12:43 AM
seeing as i have a ton of catching up to do after abandoning the game for so long... I'm hoping for just simply new areas... I obviously don't care about S-ranks that I can't really play (without dieing like crazy) yet. So an update with just about anything that I can actually experience would be neat. Oh, and i'd take that increased meseta droprate update too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Remedy
Dec 19, 2006, 12:49 AM
On 2006-12-18 20:39, BahnKnakyu wrote:
The PSU US update schedule has gone off course from the JP schedule - different S-rank quests were released last Friday from what was released in the JP schedule, so it's hard to expect WHICH S-ranks we'll get.

Example? JP got S-rank Agata Relics the week after the advanced class update. We haven't.Haha, yeah, I'm still living down the "WE ARE GOING TO GET HOLY GROUND S AND GROVE OF FANATICS S ON FRIDAY, TRUST ME" fiasco. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Nedeti
Dec 19, 2006, 12:50 AM
damn u should get a life, stop playing 24/7 you're boring your self

PaladinRPG
Dec 19, 2006, 01:45 AM
On 2006-12-18 21:34, -Crokar- wrote:
im going to sell all my fragments.

Unfortunately, these appear to be an unsellable item (at least store wise).

-Ryuki-
Dec 19, 2006, 01:50 AM
PA fragments are for you and you only.

Might be able to trade, but if they're like the goggles, then that's a no go. =/

Garnet_Moon
Dec 19, 2006, 01:51 AM
I don't think we should go by the japanese update schedule and what they got at certain updates. Hell, we got Christmas and nobody expected that one. Maybe they'll throw the swimsuits at us next to keep people happy? Y'know, it IS the final update before Christmas. Everybody wants Swimsuits. Hell, I could use some more airy attire when i'm not working for the Communion of Gurhal. That kimono is very ventilated, yes, but i'm looking for something a little more... >:3

Zorafim
Dec 19, 2006, 01:55 AM
Yes, swimsuits! We all need small amounts of clothing at the beginning of winter!

Calamity
Dec 19, 2006, 02:02 AM
umm how bout they jus give us everything.. not to hard to ask

Garnet_Moon
Dec 19, 2006, 02:06 AM
On 2006-12-18 22:55, Zorafim wrote:
Yes, swimsuits! We all need small amounts of clothing at the beginning of winter!

Psh, it was like 200 degrees today here in Houston. Gib me a swimsuit! D:<

Bleemo
Dec 19, 2006, 02:29 AM
On 2006-12-18 23:02, LILC wrote:
umm how bout they jus give us everything.. not to hard to ask

Everything would ruin everything.

However, the more and more I play, I'm beginning to think the only way to make to make this game any more interesting is to indeed add everything the JP have up to this point.

The problem is simple itemization, and lack of things to actually do(No, running the same mission over and over again for PM levels or technique levels is not what I consider "something to do.").

There isn't much of a reason to farm now, unless it's for quick meseta.(Most large sums of money are gained through synthing. I can't name a person that actually farms for synth materials, I.E. Vestaline. I buy mine, along with just about every other material.) Because there aren't very many actual rare items worth farming. Even when these very few rare items(I.E., S rank boards.) are released and found, they are apparently weaker than fully grinded B ranks.

Sega has done a horrible job with PSU's content level. The few unreleased missions aside; I don't consider the same content, just with higher difficulty, actual content. PSO had a grueling lack of content, but made up for that with unique itemization. PSO is also six years old; their content level wasn't as bad then as it is now. PSU is following the same route, but apparently more focused on "content" which I don't see how many western gamers could consider it content.

If they shifted PSU from a content-driven game as it has apparently been designed to be, to an itemization-driven game that gave their old product much interest, PSU would have a much better chance in the western market than it has now.

Though, I do condone Sega on the great weapon/battle system they've designed, but those very systems sort of defeat the reason to create plentiful and powerful rare weapons. Rare weapons are meant to be very strong, because they are "rare"(Let's not go into synthesis success rates.). Due to the requirement of carrying and using more than one weapon, these rare weapons are but an extra weapon in your arsenal when it runs out of PP, or has a matching element. If they even released strong rare weapons that didn't require grinding, they would be deemed too strong and tear through their very weak level of content, making the game too easy.

In my honest opinion, Sega has done a poor job designing this game except for the few combat exceptions. Obviously this game wasn't designed for western gamers, but at the very least they could have added more market value by changing many of the game's flaws by simply looking at western online games today.

I believe PSU has a lot of potential, but this design team is pathetic.

MegaBUD
Dec 19, 2006, 03:05 AM
PSU is a grindfest game... not for Western player... and thats why im going inactive for 2-3 month

Kanore
Dec 19, 2006, 06:39 AM
On 2006-12-18 21:50, Nedeti wrote:
damn u should get a life, stop playing 24/7 you're boring your self

:3

Tenzntwentiez
Dec 19, 2006, 08:18 AM
roninjoku ur sig is FREAKING WILD MAN!!

MomoHana
Dec 19, 2006, 08:38 AM
When we catch up to Japan would be awesome. Then again S Rank De Ragan sounds like fun :3

Merumeru
Dec 19, 2006, 10:22 AM
XD if they gave us everything, we would get bored of everything and then have nothing to look forward to...

i just cant wait to see what the new HOT place will be to farm MP....because i fucking hate Goshins XD

VectormanX
Dec 19, 2006, 11:40 AM
On 2006-12-18 21:49, Remedy wrote:

On 2006-12-18 20:39, BahnKnakyu wrote:

Example? JP got S-rank Agata Relics the week after the advanced class update. We haven't.Haha, yeah, I'm still living down the "WE ARE GOING TO GET HOLY GROUND S AND GROVE OF FANATICS S ON FRIDAY, TRUST ME" fiasco. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

^_^;

Genobee
Dec 19, 2006, 01:08 PM
Whens or next major update? 2 weeks I think right? We might see it after Xmas?