PDA

View Full Version : Bowing w/ a staff?

Pandatron
Dec 19, 2006, 01:00 AM
Alrighty this has just only started happening recently and so far only on Omna S runs to myself. Right after i complete casting a spell i will do a bow animation. This normally wouldn't bother me except the fact that a. Still holding the weapon and b. using a usb-psx convert which i have no idea how to emote with. I'm not sure if i'm nubbing it up and totally baffled by this or if there's some logical explanation. Screenshot below:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c321/ddrpad/PSU/how.jpg

I'd provide more screenshots but it happens so randomly it catchs me by surprise. Also i appologize to any of those who were in the party that wish not to have there name represented ^_^;;;.

Sychosis
Dec 19, 2006, 01:02 AM
It's a glitch, happens every so often to me on the 360.

RoninJoku
Dec 19, 2006, 01:04 AM
I usually do a wave animation when I'm trying to cast resta... get's me nice and decked in the face... good times. :|

Authenticate
Dec 19, 2006, 01:11 AM
The bow animation is Alt-F1 on my keyboard, and I've done that a few times before back when I was leveling Force on Feint. If I switched to a rod and tried to cast before it loaded completely, she'd bow.

Kil
Dec 19, 2006, 01:24 AM
Been randomly happening to me for weeks. Happens more often when I switch weapons deftly.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 19, 2006, 01:34 AM
On 2006-12-18 22:04, RoninJoku wrote:
I usually do a wave animation when I'm trying to cast resta... get's me nice and decked in the face... good times. :|

Your sig is awesome.

Oh, yeah i've been bowing when I cast random stuff occasionally.

Keiko_Seisha
Dec 19, 2006, 02:31 AM
Some strange glitch, I saw it a bit when I was leveling force. Not so much after becoming Wartecher, but I know I saw it ATLEAST once.

And yeah Ura, I thought his sig was awesome too. XD

JAFO22000
Dec 19, 2006, 10:53 AM
Happens to me quite frequently. I don't know if it's a bug or not. Contrary to what others say, it happens most to me when I am NOT changing weapons, so for me, I don't think it's that. Has ONLY happened with a rod in my hands, never a cane.

MayLee
Dec 19, 2006, 10:57 AM
I did the greet emote while casting Foie once. I got knocked back a couple feet.

How rude. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

panzer_unit
Dec 19, 2006, 11:11 AM
I don't emote because of it - probably because of differences between PS2 and PC control inputs - but I do notice that my weapons will randomly "un-equip"... the weapons are still in-hand and visible but can't attack and all the character's animations and stances are the same as when I'm unarmed. A few seconds later Jag realizes he's armed and should be fighting and then everything's back to normal.

I wonder if I could bust out some emotes while the game's like that.

Kent
Dec 19, 2006, 11:16 AM
Yeah, it's happened to me before, too.

...Not quite sure why, though. The way you emote while using a controller, is by putting away your weapon and hitting the button normally used for normal attacks, which brings up the emote list...

-Crokar-
Dec 19, 2006, 11:18 AM
has anyone had there character lift the staff above there head and casted. like horizontal

TangledWeb3917
Dec 19, 2006, 12:36 PM
It's a weird glitch. I don’t understand how the game can confuse bowing for casting but hey it's mildly amusing ... well that is if you aren’t surrounded my enemies. They aren't very polite, I bow graciously rather then burn them to cinders and they thank me by knocking me on my rear >_<

JAFO22000
Dec 19, 2006, 01:43 PM
I always think it's kinda cool. Like, my character just did massive damage and is taunting the creaters (screw you Olgohmons!!!!)

Xtian913
Dec 19, 2006, 01:55 PM
Hehe, yeah, its kinda funny to do the greet animation only to send out a massive Foie. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Talk about a hot hello. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

OMGTank
Dec 19, 2006, 01:57 PM
I have problems like Panzer does and I'm guessin Panzer you're on PS2? It happens to me all the fucking time and it's annoying as all hell. Sometimes Rave will just up and decide to act like she's unarmed. Sometime's it's pretty short, I've had it happen for almost a full 30 seconds before and didn't get to tag anything because of it. I hate it.

Sinue_v2
Dec 19, 2006, 02:06 PM
I've had it happen to me a bit on the PS2 version.

I would chalk it up to lag - since it never seems to happen in games of four or less people - and it always happens in areas where there is a LOT of action going on. Either that, or it has something to do with the way the data is swapped in and out of memory. Like, perhaps the casting animation takes up the same memory range as the greet animation - and it sometimes mixes those two up due to an improper dump or read while there is high traffic in the memory. I don't know.

panzer_unit
Dec 19, 2006, 02:16 PM
On 2006-12-19 10:57, OMGTank wrote:
I have problems like Panzer does and I'm guessin Panzer you're on PS2? It happens to me all the fucking time and it's annoying as all hell. Sometimes Rave will just up and decide to act like she's unarmed. Sometime's it's pretty short, I've had it happen for almost a full 30 seconds before and didn't get to tag anything because of it. I hate it.

Yeah, I'm on PS2. We should have a lag party some time and swear our asses off together. I've noticed it a lot more in games where there's too much going on (Forces, spellcasting mobs, crazy PA spamming) as well.

Ever switch weapons on the palette slot you have equipped? your dude doesn't auto-equip the new item, tapping circle forces the change... unfortunately it doesn't do any good when your character randomly decides he's unarmed.

Golto
Dec 19, 2006, 02:30 PM
The bow glitch would happen most often to me when fighting De Ragan and switching weapons.

zimmk2vgc
Dec 19, 2006, 02:40 PM
I play force and use a rod and bow and have never noticed this glitch before...

ChocoboChad
Dec 19, 2006, 07:31 PM
Haha, I did a high-five when i was castin' reverser one time. It's so cool, I wish I did it every time... o_O