PDA

View Full Version : Do not let the progression of others dictate/slow down your

Mystil
Dec 19, 2006, 09:47 AM
Got a log of conversation I got involved with between a lvl24 cast and a lvl50 human female. But I don't feel like deleting names for privacy reasons, so I'll summarize.

Being lvl55 myself and soon 56 today, I have to say that just because you see someone 30 levels higher than you does not mean they spend 20 hours playing the game and think they are better than you. Different strokes for different folks. The less talkative you are the more you will enguage in runs for xp. Much like me, it's all I do all day unless some friends want to do stuff with me.

Some people have groups of friends they hang with and spend the majority of thier time talking with them, all the while not increasing in level as much. That's they're way of having fun. Going at the pace that they choose. Nothing special will happen to you if you make a fast break to catch up to the 'high levels' I can assure you. Just the same ol' same ol'. De Ragan/Agata relics til your eyes bleed with the ability to solo some B missions on the side.

There are those who take this to heart too extremely and allow it to literally put thier own progress at a halt or even quit the game. I know how this feels. It makes you feel like they've forgotten you and the only way they will continue to rememeber you is by staying close to thier level. Then everytime you log in, you check thier card and see they've went up 2-5 more levels, and you then come down on yourself. But what are you doing for yourself and your character? Go at YOUR own pace, not someone elses. Enjoy the game YOUR way and again not all high level players are not neglective assholes.

This is a big game and it's not going anywhere, have fun and don't let things that are out of your control slow you down and depress you.

GAWD SMASH HIT DAMMIT. I was THIS CLOSE to a perfect post! STUPID typo monster of doom!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2006-12-19 06:50 ]</font>

Kevino
Dec 19, 2006, 09:58 AM
indeed. trying to lev up because of someone else is competition not game playing. so i completely agree with you. and i hope i read this right in acordinance to what i just typed now... earlier