PDA

View Full Version : Fun situation

Chris28
Dec 19, 2006, 09:48 AM
You are the leader of a 6 person party and you are away from the party fighting a few monsters. One of the monsters drops an S-Rank Board.

what do you do?

mogshaz
Dec 19, 2006, 09:50 AM
why would you leave it there so no one gets it? You still don't get to use the board if it gets deleted once you leave the instanced dungeon.

Zarbolord
Dec 19, 2006, 09:54 AM
Better to pick it up and ask for it nicely, chances are your friends will give it to you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Always play with good friends http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sychosis
Dec 19, 2006, 09:55 AM
Depends on the item. If it's a Psycho Wand...later guys, was a nice party while it lasted!

Kuya
Dec 19, 2006, 09:56 AM
Pick it up, I'm on random/set distribution anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

chaostroop
Dec 19, 2006, 10:18 AM
ill pick it up hope i get it or ask my friend if i can have it or buy it

AeraLure
Dec 19, 2006, 10:28 AM
I'd pick it up and hope I get it, since I am on random/set to order, and if I dont, no big deal.

JAFO22000
Dec 19, 2006, 10:35 AM
Wow. People would actually kick everyone in the party just to get an item??? That's disgusting.

Chris28
Dec 19, 2006, 10:35 AM
i've been kicked because guy wanted vahra board =(

Sychosis
Dec 19, 2006, 10:42 AM
On 2006-12-19 07:35, JAFO22000 wrote:
Wow. People would actually kick everyone in the party just to get an item??? That's disgusting.

I'm sure there are A LOT more people who would actually do it than are willing to admit. They don't want to tarnish their internet reputation.

mogshaz
Dec 19, 2006, 10:44 AM
wouldn't the act of kicking people form your team be what tarnishes your reputation? not admitting that you do it.

Sychosis
Dec 19, 2006, 10:46 AM
Not if you're one of the many Cloud, Dante, Trunks, Optimus Prime, or Mega Man clones.

JAFO22000
Dec 19, 2006, 10:47 AM
Man, there have been some things in rooms that I've wanted and didn't get, but I never even THOUGHT about kicking everyone in the room so that I could get the drop. I guess it depends on whether you play the game for fun or play to be the "best".

mogshaz
Dec 19, 2006, 10:54 AM
On 2006-12-19 07:47, JAFO22000 wrote:
Man, there have been some things in rooms that I've wanted and didn't get, but I never even THOUGHT about kicking everyone in the room so that I could get the drop. I guess it depends on whether you play the game for fun or play to be the "best".

or if you happen to be a normal decent person or some bastard whos parents happen to be brother and sister. Thats a deciding factor as well.

FenixStryk
Dec 19, 2006, 03:57 PM
The situation is a bit drastic. If it was your average A-rank Bulletmaster / Del Jagnus / etc. board, I'd just grab it. But an S-rank board, or an Adahna Cannon? Goodbye friends, hello greed!

MXdude
Dec 19, 2006, 04:13 PM
Everyone would get the boot. Im p-poor ;_; Besides, its not like they would know it dropped anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Q_Anon
Dec 19, 2006, 04:18 PM
If it was in a party of friends or cool random people I would just pick it up and hope for the best. If not thy ban hammer shall falleth.

WrathOfMegid
Dec 19, 2006, 04:18 PM
On 2006-12-19 12:57, FenixStryk wrote:
The situation is a bit drastic. If it was your average A-rank Bulletmaster / Del Jagnus / etc. board, I'd just grab it. But an S-rank board, or an Adahna Cannon? Goodbye friends, hello greed!

Yay, honesty! And I must admit, it is a tempting situation. But the odds of me having the power to boot people and the necessary greed to do it if it happens are against, so I'd have a few pigs and an alter on hand, just in case.
Also, I seem to lack the "OMG, uberz R4R3, I must havez it 4 da pwn4ge!"-gene. I've let a PSO buddy of mine have the pick of the rares before in the good old days, when it was either a double saber or a Demo. Comet, and it don't trouble me none to do it again. I mean, I've found it once, I'll find it again soloing(2 Demos FTW). After all, "Power distributed is strength amplified, power hoarded is effort wasted."-WoM original.

Shaidar
Dec 19, 2006, 04:36 PM
Meh, I'd just pick it up. With random loot its a gamble I'm willing to take. I'm not too crazy about items. Heck, I'd rather make some new friends instead.

Reiichi
Dec 19, 2006, 04:38 PM
Grab first look later. I don't even realize what I pick up most of the time until I see the orange text scroll up.

Schubalts
Dec 19, 2006, 04:48 PM
I'm with Reiichi on this. Grab first, read later.

JAFO22000
Dec 19, 2006, 04:49 PM
Wow, I can't even join a "set random" or "in order" room any longer. I've played with some of these guys too...guess I should've seen it coming. Some people will run to break trees and leave you to fight the Olgohmans....just the way it goes. My "do not play with" list is growing larger....

pineapple
Dec 19, 2006, 04:55 PM
If you're a leader that would do this, then don't bother setting loot on random.

JAFO22000
Dec 19, 2006, 05:09 PM
On 2006-12-19 13:55, pineapple wrote:
If you're a leader that would do this, then don't bother setting loot on random.

Agreed...but they want forces to join their party!!

Randomness
Dec 19, 2006, 05:26 PM
On 2006-12-19 14:09, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2006-12-19 13:55, pineapple wrote:

Agreed...but they want forces to join their party!!

Well, I often look at trees mid-fight, when theres only one or two enemies I've tagged around, but I leave it for later or smack it with ra- techs while hitting enemies.

As far as Olgohmons go, I find that buying Gi-senba and Mega / Rainbow from NPC drastically cuts the damage.

Agne
Dec 19, 2006, 10:52 PM
honestly i don't know... i might kick everyone depending on the item... i usually play with set to random/order, so the probability of getting that rare that legitly IS mine... (i killed enemy= i get item. that's my opinion and playstyle... however most ppl whine about that b/c they are forces or rangers and don't want to bother with moving to get items or they whine about loot ninja's soooo...)

if nothing else i would be helly tempted on some items... maybe to the point of kicking non- friends and telling my friends i claim such or such item. And if they don't agree... peace, hope you don't let you're personal greed get in the way of my friendship.

would i be greedy if i kicked ppl out of a party over a rare? probably
would i be greedy if i quit playing with a person over a rare? yes

Ronzeru
Dec 19, 2006, 10:57 PM
I love all my friends and everyone I play with. ^_^

But i'd sure as hell would kick some motha fuckas to get a hold of that if it was a S rank I wanted personally. Like for example, the Crea Double.

Kula
Dec 19, 2006, 11:04 PM
If it was Crea double.. i wouldnt mind to be everyones enemy if i got it >.>.. u can complain all u want and ill be flashing my crea at you ;D , but seriously if i know myself i would kick all of you T_T..

Ronzeru
Dec 19, 2006, 11:16 PM
Yea that's whatsup! Someone else from New York. See, great minds think alike.

Kula
Dec 19, 2006, 11:25 PM
nooo lol not cuz im from new york ;D , just that when theres something i really want... i would kill to get it =/ *yes im a bad girl but thats what makes me a fun girl*

BloodDragoon
Dec 19, 2006, 11:28 PM
I don't kick people unless they do something to deserve it. Such as leeching. Could care less if I didn't get that red box added to my inventory. I just like picking things up. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ronzeru
Dec 19, 2006, 11:34 PM
On 2006-12-19 20:25, Kula wrote:
nooo lol not cuz im from new york ;D , just that when theres something i really want... i would kill to get it =/ *yes im a bad girl but thats what makes me a fun girl*

Admit it or not, that's just the NY in you. Be proud.