PDA

View Full Version : All who moved to 360 this week, post here

-Shimarisu-
Dec 20, 2006, 01:50 AM
*posts here*

PC charaters lost: Arion lvl 54, lvl 3 Human Guntecher.
Argus lvl 47, lvl 1 Beast Fortefighter.

Restarting both. Sucks (oh I can't say that on 360) to be me.

Anyway we need people to get back through the levels with us so if you are a 360 noob too and would like to do similar, and by that I mean powerlevel the shit out of this for a bit, post and let me know, maybe we can meet up. Til now I'll team up with my friend, random noobs and JPs I guess, this seems like a nice community at least. The $300 I put down means I'm quitting PC if not the hacking.

There's no going back now.

watashiwa
Dec 20, 2006, 01:51 AM
After reading the full wipe topic and knowing the 360 is quite a bit harder to memory hack than the other platforms, I just might be restarting on the 360 in the near future.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 20, 2006, 02:06 AM
that will change soon as a game shark type device is out :/

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 20, 2006, 02:09 AM
D:

Bye Shim. :<

XHunter
Dec 20, 2006, 03:08 AM
Welcome to the 360 side of the world......soon the others will follow...lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif but for now congratulations on finding out the true power of the 360. PC/PS2 = lame hackzors... 360 = Awesome real players..lol
No offense to the other platforms.
If you ever need a hand out there...Gamertag - XxHunterxX
Game name - Hunter

Bleemo
Dec 20, 2006, 03:11 AM
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m47/exiledajay/lolebay.jpg

THIS HARR WULD B DAT REESUN 2 SWATCH 2 TAH TREE SIXXTEEE VARSHION

I'm seriously considering popping in my 360 version again.

DoubleJG
Dec 20, 2006, 03:13 AM
I'd be on 360 myself if only the 360 supported wireless or dial-up -_-

*Please don't turn this into a "Why don't just get broadband?" topic.

MomoHana
Dec 20, 2006, 03:53 AM
Well I would considering I had the following.
-An Xbox360
-A Copy of PSU
-The Money to buy said items.
-The Will to lose all that I legitly got so far.

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 20, 2006, 04:07 AM
only a few hackers still exist and they are in hiding :/

xlson
Dec 20, 2006, 04:11 AM
On 2006-12-20 00:13, DoubleJG3288 wrote:
I'd be on 360 myself if only the 360 supported wireless or dial-up -_-

*Please don't turn this into a "Why don't just get broadband?" topic.

the 360 supports wireless...

Nani-chan
Dec 20, 2006, 06:08 AM
sent you a pm, maybe I can help. Have to log off computer to use 360 however. Let me know when you are on sometime.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2006-12-20 03:10 ]</font>

Prototype_X
Dec 20, 2006, 07:14 AM
has hacking really gotten that out of hanf on the pc/ps2 version that a lot of people are swtiching to the 360 ver.?

Genobee
Dec 20, 2006, 07:22 AM
Probly gonna switch over After Xmas, Alll my friends from Xbxo PSO are there.

mogshaz
Dec 20, 2006, 07:30 AM
On 2006-12-20 04:14, Prototype_X wrote:
has hacking really gotten that out of hanf on the pc/ps2 version that a lot of people are swtiching to the 360 ver.?

It doesn't seem like hacking on PSU is as bad as it was in previous Phantasy star games, but it does seem more effective at driving players away. The PM bombing is nothing short of sadistic and of course the meseta duping just kills the economy.

PJ
Dec 20, 2006, 07:32 AM
On 2006-12-20 04:14, Prototype_X wrote:

Nope.

Genobee
Dec 20, 2006, 07:34 AM
ALl I know is I got hacked and I don't wanna start over again just to get hacked again.

Sychosis
Dec 20, 2006, 07:51 AM
On 2006-12-19 23:06, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
that will change soon as a game shark type device is out :/

Isn't gonna happen. People who know nothing about the 360's security really should not say anything at all. Hell, there aren't any PS2 Action Replay codes for PSU online.

But anyway, welcome to the dark side Shim.

Vhex
Dec 20, 2006, 08:32 AM
Give it time, you overconfident 360 users will fall pray to hacking in due time. PS2/PC is just the platform currently prefered by hackers. Apparently Broomop recently purchased a copy of the XBOX 360 version as well. I'd say the safest way to play if you're that paranoid would be to play on Japanese servers. As far as I'm concerned PSO was a great game regardless of the abundence of hacking and duping, and its the same way for PSU. Instead of recreating your characters in fear of losing your PM, why not just grow some balls and stay on the server and remake the PM on the rare chance of it being erased for even less work. The hacking community is too intellegent to be limited to one system, don't be so naive.

Sychosis
Dec 20, 2006, 08:45 AM
Why can't you just wish us well? Why is it that our community has to be destroyed also? The PC/PS2 version is hacked, we can't change the past, but at the very least you can stop hate mongering and hope for the best for our community.

McLaughlin
Dec 20, 2006, 08:49 AM
On 2006-12-20 05:32, Vhex wrote:
Give it time, you overconfident 360 users will fall pray to hacking in due time. PS2/PC is just the platform currently prefered by hackers. Apparently Broomop recently purchased a copy of the XBOX 360 version as well. I'd say the safest way to play if you're that paranoid would be to play on Japanese servers. As far as I'm concerned PSO was a great game regardless of the abundence of hacking and duping, and its the same way for PSU. Instead of recreating your characters in fear of losing your PM, why not just grow some balls and stay on the server and remake the PM on the rare chance of it being erased for even less work. The hacking community is too intellegent to be limited to one system, don't be so naive.

Stop being such a spiteful prick.

We picked our platform even through all the "Oh, it sucks. It'll have no population. Blah blah blah" bullshit. Now YOUR chosen platform has been hacked. Don't be pissed off at us because of a decision YOU made.

Vhex
Dec 20, 2006, 08:50 AM
On 2006-12-20 05:45, Sychosis wrote:
Why can't you just wish us well? Why is it that our community has to be destroyed also? The PC/PS2 version is hacked, we can't change the past, but at the very least you can stop hate mongering and hope for the best for our community.

Because I'm a realist, I don't live in some fantasy land where the whole world is legit and deny the inevidiblity of hacking in a PSO title. I'm not hate mongering, I'm just telling you your endeavors are futile.

Tahldon
Dec 20, 2006, 08:53 AM

I read this and I hear something along the lines of such:

Your house is in a place where tornados OFTEN OCCUR and rip everything to shreds. Just rebuild your house in that same spot dispite the fact that tornados will rip it up again.

or

If someplace got nuked and it's all contaminated you'd just sit there "I'm from here.. I'm going to stand my ground.." dispite all the radiation in the area.

True, hackers can't be limited sometimes but there are means of preventing them. "Growing balls" and staying doesn't do anything. It's like jumping in a tank with a shark and telling it "I'm gonna swim here whether you like it or not!" C'mon weigh it out.

Moral of the story? Whoever said lightning never struck in the same spot twice is full of it.

mogshaz
Dec 20, 2006, 08:53 AM
On 2006-12-20 05:50, Vhex wrote:

On 2006-12-20 05:45, Sychosis wrote:

Because I'm a realist, I don't live in some fantasy land where the whole world is legit and deny the inevidiblity of hacking in a PSO title. I'm not hate mongering, I'm just telling you your endeavors are futile.

yeah, please don't tell me your one of those idiots who thinks the 360 has the same vulnerabilities as a PC. Because it really is far more secure in terms of both hardware and software.

Prototype_X
Dec 20, 2006, 09:01 AM
I don't understand though. It should be easy for ST to find the expliot of these hacks and then just fix em. I'm really worried that it may become what it was back in the dreamcast days. That just got waaaay too out of hand.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 20, 2006, 10:21 AM
eventually the 360 will be hacked, it is just a matter of time, but it may be a very long time. Nothing is full proof. I chose the PC version because I don't have a PS2 with internet, nor do I have a 360, and a laptop to play on is great. I for one play mostly with friends, spending a lot of time hanging out and socializing, no matter what hacking happens, it can't detract from sitting around with a friend, or going on missions with a friend. So for all you just playing to get all the cool items, or be a "top" player, I'd say you're playing for the wrong reason. If your PM being reset is that significant, your 8* items or meseta being taken that important... I feel sorry for you. I'm playing to have fun with people I know or met on the game. I'm enjoying every second of it, and the only thing that would piss me off, is having to completely start over. So no, I will not, nor ever consider transferring platforms.

THE JACKEL

Realmz
Dec 20, 2006, 10:22 AM
On 2006-12-20 06:01, Prototype_X wrote:
I don't understand though. It should be easy for ST to find the expliot of these hacks and then just fix em. I'm really worried that it may become what it was back in the dreamcast days. That just got waaaay too out of hand.

from what i remember reading from someone on these forums (the person posted a summary of their post on the offical forums) they believe the problem is in large parts of the coding of the game, which will take a long time for the programmers to isolate and then rewrite.

360 is just as vulnerable as a ps2 or a PC, not in the same WAYS, but it's still just hardware and coding and anyone whos determined enough can get through it. I show no want for this to happen as the hackers that do this are too lazy to find the rares through just blind luck or wish to piss people off, and neither of them are welcome anywhere (except maybe GameFAQs) and sincerely hope that it takes them so long a time to get into PSU360 that by then everyone will have moved on.

now cna we please stop making topics about the 360 being better/hackproof or people moving from one to the other because we know they're just going to turn into shouting matches, and they're over the internet too. The series of tubes was not ment for this!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Realmz on 2006-12-20 07:26 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Dec 20, 2006, 10:33 AM
Who starting this match? A PS2/PC users (Vhex).

Who's started the other shouting matches? A PS2/PC user.

People say it's harder to hack BECAUSE IT IS. It's that simple. Script kiddies like Broomop can't do shit all to it because they aren't being handed the tools like if they were doing it on a PC. IT IS HARDER.

XD "The internet is like a series of tubes..." I can't believe your INFORMATION MINISTER said that. Classic.

Sychosis
Dec 20, 2006, 10:33 AM
On 2006-12-20 07:22, Realmz wrote:
360 is just as vulnerable as a ps2 or a PC

::Sigh::

Proof please.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 20, 2006, 10:35 AM
hey, anyone who thinks the 360 is just as vulnerable is a fool

on the other hand, anyone who thinks it isn't vulnerable at all is also a fool.

THE JACKEL

mogshaz
Dec 20, 2006, 10:42 AM
On 2006-12-20 07:35, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
hey, anyone who thinks the 360 is just as vulnerable is a fool

on the other hand, anyone who thinks it isn't vulnerable at all is also a fool.

THE JACKEL

The difference is we know the PS2/PC version can be easily hacked and the 360 version cant be (easily hacked that is). knowing weather or not it WILL be hacked is just speculation. Just the same way i speculated that the PC version would have a higher player base (it doesn't) and that Sega would give us updates at a reasonable pace (they didn't)

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 20, 2006, 10:49 AM
we're getting updates every friday now, that's a reasonable pace. World of Warcraft has updates every few months or something, and people complained about the game when it hadn't even been out a month.

It will be hacked, that's not speculation. America will fall as the world's biggest super power. You can say that is speculation too, but it will happen. The difference is, the 360 version might be hacked far from now when no one really cares, but eventually, it will be hacked. The 360 as a whole will be hacked, and after that PSU wouldn't be too far behind. If you truly believe it won't happen, you're just being a fool. Of course, I'm not saying it will be anytime soon, it may be years, but it's only time.

Either way, hackers don't ruin my experience playing. I play for fun, and to hang with people in an online game. If it was all about the items, I'd just play offline. But I play online to play with other people, I thought that was the purpose of an online game?!?!?!

THE JACKEL

ProfessorZ
Dec 20, 2006, 10:50 AM
LOL hacking on the 360 = Bye bye Xbox live priviledges. My XBL communications was banned for 24 hours because I was saying" Sup Vanilla Face" over and over to people.

Ryoki
Dec 20, 2006, 11:11 AM
On 2006-12-20 05:49, Zeta wrote:

Stop being such a spiteful prick.

We picked our platform even through all the "Oh, it sucks. It'll have no population. Blah blah blah" bullshit. Now YOUR chosen platform has been hacked. Don't be pissed off at us because of a decision YOU made.

True, But I would play 360 if I could. I didn't choose to be a PS2 player, I just had to be.

mogshaz
Dec 20, 2006, 11:12 AM
On 2006-12-20 07:49, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
we're getting updates every friday now, that's a reasonable pace. World of Warcraft has updates every few months or something, and people complained about
the game when it hadn't even been out a month.

It will be hacked, that's not speculation. America will fall as the world's biggest super power. You can say that is speculation too, but it will happen. The difference is, the 360 version might be hacked far from now when no one really cares, but eventually, it will be hacked. The 360 as a whole will be hacked, and after that PSU wouldn't be too far behind. If you truly believe it won't happen, you're just being a fool. Of course, I'm not saying it will be anytime soon, it may be years, but it's only time.

Either way, hackers don't ruin my experience playing. I play for fun, and to hang with people in an online game. If it was all about the items, I'd just play offline. But I play online to play with other people, I thought that was the purpose of an online game?!?!?!

THE JACKEL

you have got to be kidding me...

That is the best argument you have got? One day in the future the 360 will be hacked? one day in the Future people won't play 360s anymore also, and we will all having flying cars and jetpacks, then you will get a time machine and come back to the year 2006 and hack the 360 version of PSU just so you can prove that it was done.

see how stupid speculation seems when its not you doing the speculating.

PMB960
Dec 20, 2006, 11:21 AM
I don't understand why the mods let this thread go please lock it. These people are only raising the chance of the 360 version being hacked. Hackers go after games people feel won't be hacked just to screw with them. Soon you may have actual hackers and not just jokers like Broomop. MS kept bragging about how the 360 was unhackable and it didn't even take 6 months. They do it just to laugh at the people who said it couldn't happen.

Sychosis
Dec 20, 2006, 11:26 AM
On 2006-12-20 08:21, PMB960 wrote:
MS kept bragging about how the 360 was unhackable and it didn't even take 6 months.

The 360 still has not been hacked. Where do you people get this stuff?

rena-ko
Dec 20, 2006, 11:31 AM
i think that this thread solved its purpose and will only degenerate into some sort of console war from now on.
thus i decided to lock it.

OP may PM me to request an unlock.
thanks for your concern.