PDA

View Full Version : Beast: best for beasts

KILLBILL
Dec 20, 2006, 10:33 AM
whats the best job for beasts. i'm a level 7 hunter should i wait to level 10 and become a fortefighter or what

Ryoki
Dec 20, 2006, 10:35 AM
Depends on what you like.I am a beast figunner and loving it. But if you like swords, knuckles, claws, axes, and maybe, you want to use the laser cannon, go fortefighter.

I went figunner because I preferred the fast, multi hit aspects of twin sabers, double sabers, Twin Daggers (My favorite weapon, and daggers. Plus being able to use twin handguns/mechguns/crossbows rules.

I do sometimes get sad that I can't use laser cannons. They look awesome. Good thing to go for if you want to be fortefighter.

BTW: What system are you on?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2006-12-20 07:37 ]</font>

Mewnie
Dec 20, 2006, 10:35 AM
Play what you think would be fun. Granted, Beasts aren't that great Forces and Rangers, but nothing's stopping you and with the right gear, you can make up for some of the shortcomings.

I picked Fortefighter because I could play with axes and claws :3

KILLBILL
Dec 20, 2006, 10:39 AM
i'm on xbox 360

KILLBILL
Dec 20, 2006, 10:40 AM
how are the axes i hear they are really strong, but only hit two enimies and r really slow.

Ryoki
Dec 20, 2006, 10:44 AM
On 2006-12-20 07:40, KILLBILL wrote:
how are the axes i hear they are really strong, but only hit two enimies and r really slow.

BTW: In the future, use the edit button. Don't worry bout double posting now though, I did it a hell of a lot when I started.

Currently, a lot of people dislike the PA, since the third attack doesn't connect well. And it is slow with low accuracy. Don't feel pressured to choose a class just because of ther exclusive/semi-exclusive weapon. For me, Double Sabers were just an add-on. I have seen the second PA for the axe, and I liked it a lot. Had like 7 strong as hell hits. BTW: I would go fortefighter if you really like spears. Spears are excellent weapons, I will probably always have one with me, even as a figunner.

SkiLLz003
Dec 20, 2006, 02:25 PM
Beast make great anything BUT FORCE, FORTECHER, WARTECHER, and GUNTECHER

Fortfighter - best ATP in game highest HP
Figunner - great all round stats (BOOSTS BEAST ATA HIGHER SO WE DONT MISS)
Fortgunner - natural high accuracy, beast also have insane ATP to make for most powerful here.
Protrancer - THE BEST <-- hands down

simple acctually. beast lack ATA but its actually not all that bad when your 60 you dont miss anyways.
only time its annoying is at level cap when im at the bottom of the tier.

for instance lv25 all members and im 25-27 thats when i miss a lil bit
but after 30 im good to go.

-Dainslef-
Dec 20, 2006, 02:34 PM
Technically, you can and should be whatever you want, but I'm sure that's not the answer you're looking for. Realistically, there's 3 appropriate options:

Fortefighter: Slow, strong fighter. Only class which can use axes. Access to S-rank Spears, Knuckles, Swords, Axes, Twinclaws, and Claws. Note that, of those, Knuckles and Twinclaws arent exactly popular. Also of note, Spears are, according to a recent poll, the best weapons in the game, with very high ATP and a high ATP mod on its multi-hit PA. Axes are also tremendously good at dealing with enemies with high DFP. Claws are quite fast, and are widely considered the best one-handed weapon in the game, doing tremendous damage to bosses in particular with its PA.

Figunner: Fast, quick fighter. Lower dfp, hp, and much lower atp, for much better ata, evp. Technically "weaker" than fortefighters, but with access to Double Sabers. Also can use S-rank Twin Daggers and Twin Sabers, which are popular. While the Figunner atp is lower, all three of these weapon types have very strong PAs. Figunners, while not capable of the same damage as Fortefighters, are much more versatile, featuring PAs which are strong for crowd control, and guns which will allow for status ailments.

Wartecher: This isn't the best choice for beasts, due to the low TP stat, but a beast Wartecher can gain resta, buffs, and various other techniques while still maintaining a high ATP, making you a decent fighter. Your ATA will be tremendously low, but, Wartechers are S-rank in Daggers and Twin Daggers, which have a very high base ATA.

EDIT: Also of note, you have a natural bonus to Fortefighter of 5% to all stats, which Humans have for the other two classes. So, you do lose out moderately by chosing the other classes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Dainslef- on 2006-12-20 11:35 ]</font>

-Dainslef-
Dec 20, 2006, 02:40 PM
Also, Protransers suck. The population found this out when they tried the class. Probably 20% of the player base was a Protranser when expert classes went in, I'd say that about 2% are Protransers now, if that. Beast Protransers... especially suck. If you're going to be this junky class, at least be a human (with racial bonus), by the time you reach, like, class rank 9, you can use A rank weapons. But good luck ever using a 7* gun as a beast Protranser. =p

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Dainslef- on 2006-12-20 11:42 ]</font>