PDA

View Full Version : Please don't sell Haru/quick's or rare units like it

Deja
Dec 20, 2006, 12:28 PM
Of course you can take the easy way out and place it up for 50-99 million. In fact, don't put it up for any price, as they are constantly searching this item out and will buy it at any ridiculous price. If you put it up for a reasonable million to 5 million and think that the meager size of the meseta gain will justify the sale, it won't. People out there hack meseta like it is candy (well, duh), and putting up something needed for any price will be bought up.

In my mind, you put up Haru/quick for 99 mil, you are just taking part in the meseta hack game. That 99 mil ain't letting you show it off, you are providing hackers with a unit they are too lazy to search for themselves.

Give it to a force friend. It'll make their day, and you won't get stuck with millions of meseta which will make you look like a hacker. Or go ahead and sell it for 50 million, make 40 axes and sell them for 10 million each and keep this hacker spiral going!

Chris28
Dec 20, 2006, 01:30 PM
Edit by Moderator: DO NOT link to sites relating to, or containing online cheat methods.

Ryoki
Dec 20, 2006, 01:43 PM
On 2006-12-20 09:28, Deja wrote:
Of course you can take the easy way out and place it up for 50-99 million. In fact, don't put it up for any price, as they are constantly searching this item out and will buy it at any ridiculous price. If you put it up for a reasonable million to 5 million and think that the meager size of the meseta gain will justify the sale, it won't. People out there hack meseta like it is candy (well, duh), and putting up something needed for any price will be bought up.

In my mind, you put up Haru/quick for 99 mil, you are just taking part in the meseta hack game. That 99 mil ain't letting you show it off, you are providing hackers with a unit they are too lazy to search for themselves.

Give it to a force friend. It'll make their day, and you won't get stuck with millions of meseta which will make you look like a hacker. Or go ahead and sell it for 50 million, make 40 axes and sell them for 10 million each and keep this hacker spiral going!

Agreed. If you have to sell it, trade it with someone you know.

BloodDragoon
Dec 20, 2006, 01:55 PM
On 2006-12-20 10:30, Sinow wrote:
<removed>

hold onto your items

Hmm... so we're going to see inflation in prices of hard to find or rare items on a scale roughly equivilent of FFXI last x-mas? >.>

Niered
Dec 20, 2006, 01:55 PM
Yah, hold on to these things until the hackers get re-banned and this thing is patched. Then sell it for what its actually worth.

SkiLLz003
Dec 20, 2006, 02:02 PM
ok 50-99 mil is outrageous.
5mil ehhhhh maybe still crazy.

i say put in your add that you have what ever rare item.
and to find you on "Universer - Planet - Area"
if someone really wants the item. they will come hunt you down.

also for those who panic at hackers.
sega is very very VERY leanient <-- spelled wrong. about the hacking.
if your hacked. simply tell them and you can get your item/items back.
however PM bombing is a "your chit-out-of-luck" kinda deal.

however. rumor has it. Sega-Team is announcing something about a meseta wipe.
i dont know how accurate it is. but its the rumor...

i would think its true sega KNOWS approx 200mil has been duped that is still in the system
nugz had max meseta (equivilent to 1 billion) as did someone else. but they were both
ip banned and the meseta is lost.

Remedy
Dec 20, 2006, 02:07 PM
On 2006-12-20 11:02, SkiLLz003 wrote:
if your hacked. simply tell them and you can get your item/items back.
however PM bombing is a "your chit-out-of-luck" kinda deal.The first part of that is bull. I haven't seen a response regarding my lost decorations that were nicked.

As for the PM thing, that's ludicrous. Why the hell should I be out of luck to get reparations when I invested 700k into my PM which was lost due to Sega's incompetence? It's bullshit.

albel399
Dec 20, 2006, 02:44 PM
alot more then 200m has been hacked

AtomicHunter
Dec 20, 2006, 02:45 PM
I play on X-box 360 and have not encountered any hacking or cheating ,come on over to where true PSU players congregate and keep the economy flowing. Hackers suck they have no skill and screw the game up for everybody, remember the Dreamcast.
Ajax lvl 60 Fortegunner lvl 6
Atomic lvl 50 Figunner lvl 2

hucast21
Dec 20, 2006, 03:39 PM
On 2006-12-20 10:30, Sinow wrote:
<removed>
hold onto your items

Ah, we see once again Makaveli's name rofl.

FATBLACKCHICK
Dec 20, 2006, 04:01 PM
Or I could just sell mine and get the 99mil. which in turn I can buy w/e the fuck I want with it.

Realmz
Dec 20, 2006, 04:06 PM
i sure hope there isn't a meseta wipe. I just got 200k and was planning on looking for some good PP sinks in rifles and twins...

Bleemo
Dec 20, 2006, 04:08 PM
Jesus.

Christ.

Merry Christmas folks.

Niered
Dec 20, 2006, 04:24 PM
good god, if therese a meseta wipe id assume that SEGA is also releasing a patch to combat the duplication methods. So great. I mean seriously, a wipe would be so much nicer then a full-blown server rollback. Something had to be done people, and if this is it, then I DO say merry christmas.

AeraLure
Dec 20, 2006, 04:54 PM
I wish they would. No point in doing it though if they cant put a stop to the duping methods. My understanding of it is it would take rewriting of programming. No patch is going to be anything but a workaround, which itself can be worked around.

And Fat, why bother? If that's your attitude go join the fools on TMG.

Merry merry Bleemo and all.

Zorafim
Dec 20, 2006, 04:56 PM
If they're doing a meseta wipe, then I have to hurry up and buy my A ranks...

Warnen
Dec 20, 2006, 04:56 PM
Is the "hacking" limited to the PS2/PC? I have yet to see anything like this but I only play on the X360.

AeraLure
Dec 20, 2006, 05:07 PM
Wait, why is talk surfacing of a meseta wipe? It went round and round on the official forums and caused large amounts of flaming. Not to mention, SEGA cant do a meseta wipe without first solidly fixing the exploit. This they cannot do with a GG patch, but rather with large rewriting of source code. Wont see that until the expansion, so wont see a meseta wipe unless Hell freezes over. *looks outside* Looks sort of balmy.

No really. Meseta wipe without a solid fix would do more harm than good. I wish they'd do it, but that wish presumes they have a rock solid fix for meseta duping, and presumes they could even sell the idea of a meseta wipe to the general population at large. Cant see it happening. Hell still looks sort of hot.

physic
Dec 20, 2006, 05:32 PM
they dont have to sell it, they can just do it if they want, they may lose a lot of players though. as fars as patching the problems that depends whether its something they can fix on thier server, or on the client, if its client the could fix pc pretty easily, but ps2 prolly not. I doubt they ll wipe meseta though. And i really dont know if tehy patched anything yet.

McLaughlin
Dec 20, 2006, 05:34 PM
On 2006-12-20 13:56, Warnen wrote:
Is the "hacking" limited to the PS2/PC? I have yet to see anything like this but I only play on the X360.

PS2/PC exclusive.

Bleemo
Dec 20, 2006, 05:35 PM
On 2006-12-20 14:34, Zeta wrote:
PS2/PC exclusive.
So far.

Ryoki
Dec 20, 2006, 05:37 PM
On 2006-12-20 14:35, Bleemo wrote:

PS2/PC exclusive.
So far.

Oh god, the argument is returning...

Randomness
Dec 20, 2006, 05:49 PM
On 2006-12-20 14:37, Ryoki wrote:

PS2/PC exclusive.
So far.

Well, only if we get fanboys, reasonable people will hopefully realize that a lack of exploited bugs so far doesnt mean there aren't any.

I'd bet that most of the "hacks" are done from the PC end and not PS2 though.

Relam
Dec 20, 2006, 05:54 PM
Man Sinow... because of that link you had. I'm really demoralized about playing PSU at all now, knowing that some script kiddies can pretty much make mesta in about 5 seconds. So not only are they now rendering the rare market obsolete cause they can pretty much buy whatever the hell they want. Also they're selling their shit meseta on ebay.

Not to mention I just keep seeing this scenario where if you're one of the tards who lists something at all 9's. They'll just buy it off you and then report you to Sega for duping passing the blame onto you.

kattja
Dec 20, 2006, 06:00 PM
Actually the vast majority of them are banned from Ebay but, I guess not that it really stops them. Sometimes I do think there are more suckers in this game than in a candy factory. It would make Willy Wonka jealous. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

As for me, a money wipe would be mostly acceptable. I would not really be mad to lose 500k-1mil if it was done, and fixed some glaring problems.

hucast21
Dec 20, 2006, 06:06 PM
On 2006-12-20 14:49, Randomness wrote:

PS2/PC exclusive.
So far.

Well, only if we get fanboys, reasonable people will hopefully realize that a lack of exploited bugs so far doesnt mean there aren't any.

All PSU hacks are done on PC. PS2 is just as safe as 360, it's that unfortunately PS2 is connected to PC servers.

Ryoki
Dec 20, 2006, 06:08 PM
On 2006-12-20 15:06, hucast21 wrote:

On 2006-12-20 14:49, Randomness wrote:

PS2/PC exclusive.
So far.

All PSU hacks are done on PC. PS2 is just as safe as 360, it's that unfortunately PS2 is connected to PC servers.

Well good sir, it appears we have come to an agreement! I, upon buying the game, assumed PS2 would be safer, which is why I chose it, not knowing that the servers would be connected for some reason....which I still don't understand...

Laranas
Dec 20, 2006, 07:49 PM
I'd agree except that the 360 has been hacked, just not nearly on this scale because the people behind it are much, much smarter.

Soukosa
Dec 20, 2006, 08:32 PM
Why does everyone call it duping? To my understanding it's just hacking the game's memory space once Game Guard is disabled. Which really isn't too hard due to how GG is designed.

To fix the problem I imagine they'd have to redo things a bit to where the server keeps better track of what meseta and items you legitly gain. Seems to me that they have alot of the processing being done client side to make it so the servers are put under as little stress as possible. It can be a good idea as well as bad one. Having so much work done by the clients allows for greater use of instancing and less lag for the player but also makes it easier to cheat. ST just needs to put in place some server side checks to remedy this issue.

hucast21
Dec 21, 2006, 12:33 AM
On 2006-12-20 16:49, Laranas wrote:
I'd agree except that the 360 has been hacked, just not nearly on this scale because the people behind it are much, much smarter.

360 hasn't been hacked online, the DVD hack is easily patched if you go on Live. The mod chips is only for the DVD firmware that allows you to play burned games.

360 is still "hack-free" because it only plays the games that has signed code. You still cannot manipulate memory to change HEX like you do with PC.

No game on 360 hasn't been hacked online and there have been far more popular games released before and after PSU.

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter and Gears of War come to mind.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 21, 2006, 12:38 AM

Yeah so people like me that took the time to earn money cant use it? dont think so.

I play ad very odd hours and have a real life duty to tend too (kids, work, ect) so when I am on at 8am and there is nobody to party with im in my shop selling stuff (well used to just closed it yesterday) I dont have any "friends" to give me an item and all the no lifes that play all the time would get it first.

Sorry I dont have the time to suck up and be on the game 24 hours to build a game rep up, I have more important things to do. Sell the item if you want. Plenty of people work hard and got there money the right way you have no way of knowing if its "bad or good" money and again there is no sutch diffrence anyways meseta is meseta.

The people truly in the wrong right now are people like you telling people how to play there game and what to do with there items or money. Get off your high horse and go play the f'n game or quit already.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-12-20 21:41 ]</font>

DarkSeph
Dec 21, 2006, 12:42 AM
......most of the reason the 360 bugs/exploits have not been "realized" like a PC counterpart is that each 360 has a unique signature......so basically regardless of IP swapping/information swapping to get back online and back into the game or switching game codes or whatever/however it is that PC gets online with PSU.....unlike all that no one would dare with the 360 if they wanted to play PSU for a long time cuz SEGA or XBOX would Freak you up! You'd be banned and screwed! and there would be nothing you could do about it except move on and never play again....
..unless you went to the PC of course http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 21, 2006, 12:47 AM
it wont be hard to mask that signature with somthing like a spoofer im sure, then most hacking is not detectable. Even more so on Xbox where they wont go looking for it.

Just too many attention starved kids go do stupid things and like to go hurt others by taking items or zeroing there PM and stuff.

I would think anybody that gets into the xbox is more of a "professional" and not a "script kiddy" and would know how to keep himself in the shadows.

But I guess if you dont know it doesnt hurt you eh?

Sychosis
Dec 21, 2006, 12:57 AM
Like I've said before, if you know nothing about the 360's security please do not start talking out of your ass. Thank you.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 21, 2006, 01:09 AM
well if your talking about the 360 sig yeah I dont know thats why i said "im sure" as in a guess im pretty much sure of.

but when it comes to the game code yeah I know, I learned this stuff before in school and also even parts of it in the military, dont go off feeling over secure is all im saying. If sombody has the time and money and modivation to hack the 360 it will be done.

hucast21
Dec 21, 2006, 01:14 AM
On 2006-12-20 22:09, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
well if your talking about the 360 sig yeah I dont know thats why i said "im sure" as in a guess im pretty much sure of.

but when it comes to the game code yeah I know, I learned this stuff before in school and also even parts of it in the military, dont go off feeling over secure is all im saying. If sombody has the time and money and modivation to hack the 360 it will be done.

Here is a link on 360's security:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted_Computing

MegaBUD
Dec 21, 2006, 01:33 AM
if i found one... ill sell it for 99m... sega wont remove the hacked meseta... and with all this money i can synth everything i want until im bored to hell!

Gamemako
Dec 21, 2006, 03:09 AM
You know what annoys me more than hackers?

Script kiddies.

The people who can't hack themselves, so they use somebody else's hacks and hacked goods.

Three skilled hackers can't ruin a game (aside from data corruption), but a legion of one hundred idiotic twelve-year-old script kiddies can.

AC9breaker
Dec 21, 2006, 03:28 AM
I miss the days of the honorable hackers. Oh Barubary, where are you now when we need you most! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif