PDA

View Full Version : # of people normally on PC/PS2

Kyuri
Dec 20, 2006, 05:06 PM
Well im getting online really soon (^^) and I would like to know the average # of people that play on PC/PS2.

PD: Not the stars and that stuff

O and 1 question, how much is each star = to # of players?

McLaughlin
Dec 20, 2006, 05:09 PM
How are they supposed to tell you without using the server population indicator?

That's like saying "Ok, read this book, but close your eyes."

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 20, 2006, 05:10 PM
Probably about 1000 people or so, assuming each universe holds 500.

It may be double that, we don't know exactly how much each star represents.

AeraLure
Dec 20, 2006, 05:12 PM
I dont think anyone knows. I thought I read once that a Universe could hold 1000 players. Were that true at the time, and were that still true now, then a star would be 200 people. Could be something else entirely since I am almost certain they can edit that ratio to change the load how they wish/need.

Bearing in mind whatever you come up with for the star to people ratio, that isnt obviously the number of people that play or play regularly. You have to factor in how the population rotates. Maybe 15-30% of the population, on average, is on at any given time? I really have no idea on that.

Pandatron
Dec 20, 2006, 05:14 PM
This visual example shoul answer your question on average number of people on the server ^_^.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBtpyeLxVkI

Aside from that pfft sega tells no one anything xD.

AeraLure
Dec 20, 2006, 05:19 PM
lol. Actually, the funny thing is, if you assume one star is 200 people, then roughly 1500 people are usually on, on average. If you then assume that represents approximately 15% of the regularly active population, then the population is about... yeah. The number quoted in that link. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Pandatron
Dec 20, 2006, 05:26 PM
On 2006-12-20 14:19, AeraLure wrote:
lol. Actually, the funny thing is, if you assume one star is 200 people, then roughly 1500 people are usually on, on average. If you then assume that represents approximately 15% of the regularly active population, then the population is about... yeah. The number quoted in that link. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

See if that's the case (yay more rumors xD), then i can actually apperciate the size of the server because in that case its a small community which i like. Though can't say how large the server is it's kind of sad that when you party all day and create 3-4 different parties in Uni1 and you run into 5-6 of the same people multiple times x.x. So they have to be a fairly small size seeing how Uni1 fills up so fast.

AeraLure
Dec 20, 2006, 05:33 PM
Noticed the same thing. While its speculative, 1000 people on a server also seems to fit generally with play experiences like that. Just seems about right. I do remember reading 1000 players per Universe somewhere way eons ago, but that surely could have changed.

Bleemo
Dec 20, 2006, 05:40 PM
The current registered ID count is no greater than 32000 for the PC/PS2.

At most, we probably have 10% of that playing regularly. And that is getting smaller by the week.