PDA

View Full Version : The cheating doesn't matter - and the cheaters know it.

imfanboy
Dec 20, 2006, 07:41 PM
Well, after careful consideration over the last few days, I'd have to say that in the end, the cheating doesn't matter. And the cheaters actually know it very well.

"What?" you ask disbelievingly, cupping one hand to your ear. "Did I hear you correctly, fanboy?"

Yes, you did.

Now that the Srank missions are out, we can hunt rare items for ourselves - no need to pay 100k meseta or even 1 meseta for Junaline (YES, that is Nugz's latest thing: sell his rare synth mats for ridiculously low prices in the hopes to do some lasting damage, so only buy one at a time and you should be fine) and even so, as the poster above said, in the end it'll even out.

Even so, the best things to search for and sell in shops are still the basics that the idiots would never think to dupe, and that wouldn't matter even if they did dupe them because we can buy 'em.

Ray-photons are about the only thing that have really been affected, and even so some Neudaiz runs would cure the lack of 'em - even doing LL C or B rank will net you plenty of them over time.

I've been spending the entire day reading through the entirety of the tmg forum (instead of just looking at it now and again), and I understand why they ban the link here, but it really shouldn't be. Undercutting every thread is a current of... frustration... that they can't do more, and worse, and how much they hate it every time they get banned. Remember, they can only buy items through the meseta dupe; they have to actually gain LEVELS to use 'em.

Kinda funny. They see it like a guild war - PSOW versus TMG et al. We see it as defending the game.

And in the end... well... they just can't do that much to the game. As someone else said on this forum: "They'll get bored if you keep stroking their ****."

...And I kinda WANT one of them to reset my main's PM, since the stats on it stink and if they use the Zeroing, you can still bring it into battle with you. Thinking about opening a shop with the advert:

"PSOW & proud - TMG couldn't hack a wet paper bag - do your worst!"

If I did it, could I count on some people's help to raise her up to 410 status again? XD

Randomness
Dec 20, 2006, 07:44 PM
Hahaha.... About the PM, I can always dump off trimates. At 721 HP, I don't need em.

Gazette
Dec 20, 2006, 07:49 PM
They matter when you drop a massive amount of cash on your tech PM only to have it bombed back to zero...
Despite the fact that they really don't bother me much beyond that, I don't want to waste my time on rearing a PM only to have it destroyed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2006-12-20 16:51 ]</font>

imfanboy
Dec 20, 2006, 07:51 PM
but if you're clever, you can sell an 8* to them and make the money back - or ask one of the people who got 5 million from them for a million to remake the PM.

Now THAT'S what I'd want to see! *starts a new thread*

Ryoki
Dec 20, 2006, 07:55 PM
On 2006-12-20 16:51, imfanboy wrote:
but if you're clever, you can sell an 8* to them and make the money back - or ask one of the people who got 5 million from them for a million to remake the PM.

Now THAT'S what I'd want to see! *starts a new thread*

Holy hell, you are absolutly right....They have the money to buy things for ridiculous prices, and we can play legit while ignoring them. There weren't any player shops in PSO, so I will find everything I need, not buy it.

Laranas
Dec 20, 2006, 07:57 PM
I sold a legit Alteric +10 earlier this week for 850k... today one was sold for 6 million. This inflation's insane, I tell ya

Turambar
Dec 20, 2006, 08:12 PM
Inflation is indeed happening, but things like that is still quite few. You won't find everyone selling their +10 6*s for millions upon millions simply because it won't sell. The hacking population is not high enough at the moment to actually cause something like that. And as I have said, the game, because of the way it is designed, allows us to play and ignore the hacking. If its the PM bombing and room deco stealing, there are ways around that like making a store on an alt that has nothing, or having a private market set up within a set community. PM bombing hurts. Its true. But its not the end of the world. PMs can be built back, and friends can help it happen faster.

Until the hacking population suddenly expands exponentially, I highly doubt it cause a detrimental effect on our playing experiment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turambar on 2006-12-20 17:19 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Dec 20, 2006, 08:17 PM
Its funny when i talk with my friends DrexXin and Suz.
They were uhhh. lets say unlegit and leave it at that on pso.
They talk about how TMG are only posers. it quite funny actually. They said they talked to eternal X (and if you dont know who he is... then wow) and he even said they are wannabe hackers.
So im not worrying about em. Even if somehow they do hack my room (which is shit, my room sucks), i can always get my friends to help me again.
So suck it TMG, you cant do shit

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2006-12-20 17:19 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Dec 20, 2006, 08:27 PM
The hackers getting bored is about the only way they can lose. Nothing is going to wipe them out entirely.

In that respect I do wish more attention was being put on fixable problems in the game, one of which being the infamous My Room servers bug.

imfanboy
Dec 20, 2006, 08:28 PM
yeah. There are a couple of hackers who are on PSU solely to ruin TMG's day - and a few of them are IN TMG and report regularly to ST.

Which ones? Well, they're closer to Nugz than he thinks...

In the end, yeah, this too will pass. the important things are too difficult for them to meddle with. And I'm having a lot of fun in the meantime - up to 2 Goldiana! XD

Sinue_v2
Dec 20, 2006, 08:30 PM
...And I kinda WANT one of them to reset my main's PM, since the stats on it stink and if they use the Zeroing, you can still bring it into battle with you.

Get in line bitch. I told you this plan last night, and now I see ya advertising it. If you want to piss off the cheaters and have them Zero your PM so that you don't have to spend 10k meseta doing it yourself - that's fine. But I've been waiting two weeks for it to happen, and I damned well better be first. I plan on making the next version a Ranged PM and I'm running out of storage room for traps.

MaKaVeLi_X
Dec 20, 2006, 08:32 PM
On 2006-12-20 17:17, DikkyRay wrote:
They talk about how TMG are only posers. it quite funny actually. They said they talked to eternal X (and if you dont know who he is... then wow) and he even said they are wannabe hackers.
So im not worrying about em. Even if somehow they do hack my room (which is shit, my room sucks), i can always get my friends to help me again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2006-12-20 17:19 ]</font>

Honestly I dont KNow who the Great Eternal X is and I dont Care. well I say THEY are wanna b's. Must be true because someone said it.

Soukosa
Dec 20, 2006, 08:35 PM
Those who cheat or are bothered by cheating are likely those that play for power. In the case of the legit ones, it'd be alot for pride. Meanwhile, those who aren't bothered by any of this are the ones that enjoy the game for what it was meant for, as a means of entertainment.

In the end, who do you think will be left? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

MaKaVeLi_X
Dec 20, 2006, 08:46 PM
On 2006-12-20 17:28, imfanboy wrote:
yeah. There are a couple of hackers who are on PSU solely to ruin TMG's day - and a few of them are IN TMG and report regularly to ST.

In the end, yeah, this too will pass. the important things are too difficult for them to meddle with. And I'm having a lot of fun in the meantime - up to 2 Goldiana! XD

What are you talking about.... In TMG but closer to nugz? Nugz isnt even a part of TMG , and no there are no "reporters" For ST in TMG. Why do you make this stuff up?

Niered
Dec 20, 2006, 08:48 PM
This is quite possibly the finniest shyt ive read all day. And the best part is its all true!

I hadnt even thought of people WANTING to be bombed, but that makes so much sense! Haha!

HiKeRI
Dec 20, 2006, 08:50 PM
On 2006-12-20 17:46, MaKaVeLi_X wrote:

What are you talking about.... In TMG but closer to nugz? Nugz isnt even a part of TMG , and no there are no "reporters" For ST in TMG. Why do you make this stuff up?

You should not trust anyone outthere, you know.

JamOne
Dec 20, 2006, 08:57 PM
I know this is late in the topic, but if you are worried about your room decos, and PM, Just lock the room that doesn't have your shop, and throw your shop on a lower level char. If someone alreayd mentioned this somewhere, I apologize.

HiKeRI
Dec 20, 2006, 08:59 PM
On 2006-12-20 17:57, JamOne wrote:
I know this is late in the topic, but if you are worried about your room decos, and PM, Just lock the room that doesn't have your shop, and throw your shop on a lower level char. If someone alreayd mentioned this somewhere, I apologize.

It's good to remind the people one of many posibilities to protect yourself. :]

Bleemo
Dec 20, 2006, 10:01 PM
You obviously haven't been reading much.

Time and time again, it's been stated, cheaters have fucked the economy up.

How have they fucked it up? It's simple.

By introducing so much dirty money into the economy at will, it has made players able to buy practically anything they wanted so long as they have a few valuable items to sell. There is so much shit money in the economy, most of your valuable items will sell the very day you place them up for sale. Anyone can get to this money. Because it's tossed around like candy. No one has worked for it, no one can vouch for it. Look at the character Box and how much money he has made. You can't tell me he would be 50+ million meseta rich if we didn't have the fucking cheaters spreading dirty money in the economy.

Price inflation does not involve crap items and easy to find items most of the time. Price inflation involves really RARE items, the rarest of rare. Haru/Quick, Giga/Bullet PP Save, if any of these were placed up for 50 million most likely they will be sold the very same day. 44%+ elemental weapons put up in the millions will sell the very same day, and just like how Tengohg Bows were going for 20 million when they first came out. You can't tell me that this would be so if cheaters hadn't introduced all of that shit money in the economy.

Why does cheating matter?

Cheating matters because, like all games, when it's done en masse the game loses value. Items have already practically lost their currency value, now we're pretty much waiting for items to be generated in some way or form(Hell, in a way they are being generated. Have you heard of the continuous synthing method?). I do condone optimism, but to ignore the 500 pound gorilla in the room is just stupid.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bleemo on 2006-12-20 19:19 ]</font>

imfanboy
Dec 20, 2006, 10:02 PM
On 2006-12-20 17:46, MaKaVeLi_X wrote:

You mean... you hadn't know-

Oh, I see. You're a bit out of the loop, aren't you? Take a closer look at some of Nugz's friends, they have 2-3 accounts....

And I say this (even though it's true) because finding them and trying to find them will only split your community farther apart. I wouldn't say it without their OK, but they need some more laughs from you guys. You're starting to get boring...

Retehi
Dec 20, 2006, 10:04 PM
Oh man, it's like having Phalanx around again.

imfanboy
Dec 20, 2006, 10:10 PM
On 2006-12-20 19:01, Bleemo wrote:

Then I ignore the economy. *shrug* Now, I don't have to fret about looking through player stores for stuff - I can go back to what I loved in PSO: hunting items myself.

Admittedly, it might take a bit of negotiation with my buddies ("Can I have any Goldiania that drops? OK, if any Mukfets drop you can have those, John. You need Kersaline, Joe? Cool beans, if any drops it's yours") but it can be done.

and also, the economy WILL settle down. As you said, it's the high-end items that are mega-profit (and ray-photons -_- ). Lower-end items are at nice, reasonable prices - legits aren't selling 50% elem weapons or Haru/Quicks any more, because the only ones who can afford them are cheaters.

They can't approach what they did in previous versions yet, and Sonic TEam is taking a VERY proactive stance compared to what they did before. Not perfect, but that's because they didn't learn from the mistakes of other people.

I can still level my characters. I can synth my own items. I can still meet with friends and sit in the koltova juice shop, or look at the Mizuraki Defense forest.

And while I'll kick cheaters in the balls and laugh with my buddies every time they get kicked in the balls by someone else, neither will I quit or let them force me to enjoy this game one whit less than I did before.

Hmm, that reminds me - it's been a while since I've done a worlds-tour at the highest level available. I think I'll do that Friday, once the new Sranks come out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2006-12-20 19:11 ]</font>

Dragonkat
Dec 20, 2006, 10:21 PM
While seeing 3000 ray photons along with 900 meseta mot wood, and the price gouging morons hoping from duped cash. AKA acting like little more then bottom feeding scum put a minor dent in my optimistic outlook. This thread however brought a smile to my face, thanks man.

I just laughed thinking about trying to actually get them to bomb someone on purpose like that. And when you get right down to it they really can't bother us unless we let them. (Hint hint to some people who seem to see every thread as an excuse to spout DOOOM!)

Also..hmm..great time to undercut the ray photon market selling them low. Oh wait I never sold them past 100 to begin with, silly me, what was my crazy legit ass thinking? And however am I gonna donate to bombed players now?

If you need stuff for that particular good cause though PM me, I'll try to help out however I can.

Solstis
Dec 20, 2006, 10:44 PM
I'm glad that this thread is around.

I mean, really, it's as if all the people jumping ship never played PSO. I eventually ended up trading dupes for dupes, and keeping a store of legit weapons for when I was feeling frisky.

A messed-up economy is still the economy-- I haven't actually noticed any of the weird prices, mostly because I'm not at a high level yet. But, it's not going to ruin my play experience to reap lots of dough from a sale, if I ever even open a shop, probably just make the tedious grind a lot more enjoyable. I'll probably never reach S rank status, so all this whining about the economy being destroyed sounds like... whining.

C'mon, if you've played PSO, then you know what to do. Even with the Pker's of the DC game, I still played, laughing when all that a PKer got was 1 meseta and a saber that I had equipped as a joke. That really ticked them off. Now, getting your PM reset is another thing entirely, but I don't have the emotional investment in PSU to really care. I think that my PM (corresponding to my level 28 char) is around level 7, anyway.

VanHalen
Dec 20, 2006, 10:49 PM
in life you have you good guys and bad guys. the good guys would be you legit players and the bad the hackers and dupers in the end who comes on top good or evil? and yes im talking out my ass right now but in a way you can compare this to real world situations

Guitarsmasher
Dec 20, 2006, 11:01 PM
oy, ok im gunna post a reply i said a little while ago that no one replied to http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif, lets see if anyone replies to it now (hope theyre good ones!).......

listen, there's two main things contributing to the downfall of PSU, they are:

1. Hackers-IS THE LEAST MAJOR PROBLEM ON PSU ALL IN ALL. they bomb about 5-20% at the very most of the whole PSU community, i dont even think 20% is reasonable, seems like its 5-10% to me, but ill leave an extra 10% leeway since soo many ppl would piss and scream blood if i dont.

2. inflation: ppl, WTF!?!?! why the hell are you doing this?!?!? im not saying everyone s, or everyone thts reading this anyways. BUT, there are some people reading this RIGHT THIS FREAKIN SECOND, acknowledging tht they have kerselines, vestalines, types of photons, ebons in their shop for higher than NPCs.and by higher, i dont mean 1k higher, try like about 98 mill higher. and the ppl doing this are sometimes the ppl COMPLAINING about it!!! i know everyone is thinking "well youre writing about inflation, so you must be a contributor!" WRONG, i sell all of my mats for such an amazingly low price, all of my photons are 50 MESETA. why are ray-photons 3k?!?!? and all of the weapons in my shop are 8* weps, and priced between 18-23k, depending on their elemental %. dont get me wrong though, im POSITIVE there are lots of people tht are fair about all of their prices, reading this right now. im not calling you ppl the contributors, thats too specific. im calling a % of the psu community contributors to this. im saying there MAY be ppl tht do this, reading this reply right now. trust me, i know lots of you ppl arent doing things bad like this. and for the ppl tht ARE doing this, plz lower your prices.......drastically, im sure many ppl would ask of you the exact same thing. but if you decide not to, may i ask.......WHY THE HELL ARE YOU DOING THIS?!?! is it to make ppl like me, pissed at you about it?! well you know what?! YOU DID IT! CONGRATZ, MISSION COMPLETE, S RANK, NOW LOWER IT, YOU DID WHAT YOU WANTED.

IMO, number two is the very most damaging to psu, because if affects the whole community, even those who do it themselves, and causes ppl to spend more money, thus not be able to buy anything because we're so dam poor, thus, making the game 50X more boring than it really is, because we cant get what we want, THUS (again ) making us QUIT. hackers, pft, do your worst, i dont think ppl are going to stop playing because of missing room decors. THEY ARENT USED ON THE BATTLEFIELD PPL. no matter WHAT hackers hack from you, if we had a good community, with no one overpricing everything so much, wed be able to buy back w/e was taken from us with hardly any fret over the loss. (and thts, no matter WHAT IS TAKEN) think of it, if we saved money, youd be able to put it aside on your character incase you DO get hacked. think of it as your emergency money, like in real life.

now im not gunna do the happy thing and say "come on guyzzzzz!!!!!!! lets work together!!! as a team!!! yea!!!!" well ef that. im gunna say you are wasting your time is you inflate unpurposely. if you WANT to ruin the community of PSU, w/e go ahead, take a shot at it. because if youre tht determined to ruin something, there must be a good prize waiting for you when youre done, right? i dont see any prize, the only thing i see are ppl talking about the person tht ruined psu in a single thread. if thts a real prize to you, thats worth so much of your time just to end psu, go for it, because its obvious to me that you really want to see that one thread, then forget about it for the rest of your life (lives). me? i like to spend my time on things that will give me something when i finish it, something tht benefits my life forever.

im sure there will be ppl STILL pissing and screaming blood about this post, but rude comments mean nothing to one who doesnt even know you. those rude comments just reflect upon yourself. and for those tht agree with what ive said about inflation and hackers, thank you. im glad to see that its more than just me here .

p.s.-fyi, all tht^ was writen a couple hours ago when i was extremely pissed.

Bleemo
Dec 20, 2006, 11:04 PM
On 2006-12-20 20:01, Guitarsmasher wrote:
oy, ok im gunna post a reply i said a little while ago that no one replied to http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif, lets see if anyone replies to it now (hope theyre good ones!).......

1. Hackers-IS THE LEAST MAJOR PROBLEM ON PSU ALL IN ALL. they bomb about 5-20% at the very most of the whole PSU community, i dont even think 20% is reasonable, seems like its 5-10% to me, but ill leave an extra 10% leeway since soo many ppl would piss and scream blood if i dont.

2. inflation: ppl, WTF!?!?! why the hell are you doing this?!?!? im not saying everyone s, or everyone thts reading this anyways. BUT, there are some people reading this RIGHT THIS FREAKIN SECOND, acknowledging tht they have kerselines, vestalines, types of photons, ebons in their shop for higher than NPCs.and by higher, i dont mean 1k higher, try like about 98 mill higher. and the ppl doing this are sometimes the ppl COMPLAINING about it!!! i know everyone is thinking "well youre writing about inflation, so you must be a contributor!" WRONG, i sell all of my mats for such an amazingly low price, all of my photons are 50 MESETA. why are ray-photons 3k?!?!? and all of the weapons in my shop are 8* weps, and priced between 18-23k, depending on their elemental %. dont get me wrong though, im POSITIVE there are lots of people tht are fair about all of their prices, reading this right now. im not calling you ppl the contributors, thats too specific. im calling a % of the psu community contributors to this. im saying there MAY be ppl tht do this, reading this reply right now. trust me, i know lots of you ppl arent doing things bad like this. and for the ppl tht ARE doing this, plz lower your prices.......drastically, im sure many ppl would ask of you the exact same thing. but if you decide not to, may i ask.......WHY THE HELL ARE YOU DOING THIS?!?! is it to make ppl like me, pissed at you about it?! well you know what?! YOU DID IT! CONGRATZ, MISSION COMPLETE, S RANK, NOW LOWER IT, YOU DID WHAT YOU WANTED.

IMO, number two is the very most damaging to psu, because if affects the whole community, even those who do it themselves, and causes ppl to spend more money, thus not be able to buy anything because we're so dam poor, thus, making the game 50X more boring than it really is, because we cant get what we want, THUS (again ) making us QUIT. hackers, pft, do your worst, i dont think ppl are going to stop playing because of missing room decors. THEY ARENT USED ON THE BATTLEFIELD PPL. no matter WHAT hackers hack from you, if we had a good community, with no one overpricing everything so much, wed be able to buy back w/e was taken from us with hardly any fret over the loss. (and thts, no matter WHAT IS TAKEN) think of it, if we saved money, youd be able to put it aside on your character incase you DO get hacked. think of it as your emergency money, like in real life.

now im not gunna do the happy thing and say "come on guyzzzzz!!!!!!! lets work together!!! as a team!!! yea!!!!" well ef that. im gunna say you are wasting your time is you inflate unpurposely. if you WANT to ruin the community of PSU, w/e go ahead, take a shot at it. because if youre tht determined to ruin something, there must be a good prize waiting for you when youre done, right? i dont see any prize, the only thing i see are ppl talking about the person tht ruined psu in a single thread. if thts a real prize to you, thats worth so much of your time just to end psu, go for it, because its obvious to me that you really want to see that one thread, then forget about it for the rest of your life (lives). me? i like to spend my time on things that will give me something when i finish it, something tht benefits my life forever.

im sure there will be ppl STILL pissing and screaming blood about this post, but rude comments mean nothing to one who doesnt even know you. those rude comments just reflect upon yourself. and for those tht agree with what ive said about inflation and hackers, thank you. im glad to see that its more than just me here .

If you can clean this up and make it readable, I'd think about replying to it then. FYI.

Not to be an ass, but opinions are usually recognized for the way they are presented.

Guitarsmasher
Dec 20, 2006, 11:08 PM
On 2006-12-20 20:04, Bleemo wrote:

If you can clean this up and make it readable, I'd think about replying to it then. FYI.

Not to be an ass, but opinions are usually recognized for the way they are presented.

ok seriously, what dont you understand about it? im not being mean or anything, i just wana make you understand what im talking about. what do you need help with understanding in my reply?

Bleemo
Dec 20, 2006, 11:09 PM
On 2006-12-20 20:08, Guitarsmasher wrote:
ok seriously, what dont you understand about it? im not being mean or anything, i just wana make you understand what im talking about. what do you need help with understanding in my reply?
Grammar. It's like a train wreck.

Sychosis
Dec 20, 2006, 11:12 PM
On 2006-12-20 20:09, Bleemo wrote:

Exactly. When trying to go for a civil conversation grammar makes a world of difference.

Guitarsmasher
Dec 20, 2006, 11:14 PM

On 2006-12-20 20:08, Guitarsmasher wrote:

by grammar i hope you mean abbreviations, because trust me, before i post something tht long, i reread it quite a few times before i hit "submit". if theres an abbreviation you dont understand ill tell you what it means, its no problem http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. but otherwise, theres only one or two run-on sentences in there that i dont check for because people can still understand a run-on sentence.

(pso-world=english class???)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guitarsmasher on 2006-12-20 20:15 ]</font>

VanHalen
Dec 20, 2006, 11:15 PM
you guys understood what guitarsmasher said no need to talk about how he worded his opinon everyone shortens and mispells words on the internet from time to time

EDIT: also he wants a answer to what he said not a english lesson

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-12-20 20:16 ]</font>

Guitarsmasher
Dec 20, 2006, 11:16 PM
On 2006-12-20 20:15, VanHalen wrote:
you guys understood what guitarsmasher said no need to talk about how he worded his opinon everyone shortens and mispells words on the internet from time to time

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif i knew youd be one to understand, thx

(o yea, i forgot to say this in my long post)

everything that anyone says about the long reply i said is taken kindly. i dont look down upon anyone tht disagrees with me, infact if possible i try to understand why the person would disagree with me, so that maybe i can change my mind. everything here is just opinions http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif, so no hard feelings to anyone)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guitarsmasher on 2006-12-20 20:19 ]</font>

Choja
Dec 20, 2006, 11:18 PM
People, people, don't get this locked. It's an extremely good thread. Also, this is not instant messager. If you're on a forum, take your time to type out your post and don't rush it. It'll just make it harder to read if you do.

Oh yeah, this is what we really need. Get people to do their worst, and just walk right through it. It'll bore hackers right-out when they're not affecting us. We'll get back up whenever something happens, and we'll kick their ass. Woo de doo, we're onward the path of buttkickery!

Sychosis
Dec 20, 2006, 11:19 PM
Actually, I didn't understand because I didn't bother to read. Way too many exclamation points, question marks, CAPS, and ellipsis. Like I said before, if you are aiming for some thoughtful responses at least make it appear that you give half a damn about the way you're presenting it.

VanHalen
Dec 20, 2006, 11:20 PM
On 2006-12-20 20:16, Guitarsmasher wrote:

On 2006-12-20 20:15, VanHalen wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif i knew youd be one to understand, thx

your welcome ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-12-20 20:24 ]</font>

Guitarsmasher
Dec 20, 2006, 11:20 PM
On 2006-12-20 20:19, Sychosis wrote:
Actually, I didn't understand because I didn't bother to read. Way too many exclamation points, question marks, CAPS, and ellipsis. Like I said before, if you are aiming for some thoughtful responses at least make it appear that you give half a damn about the way you're presenting it.

i made it clear i was mad when i wrote it. adrenaline knows no boundaries for grammar XD

if you guys dont wana reply because caps and certain puncuation marks kill you, you dont have to. replies arent my life! lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guitarsmasher on 2006-12-20 20:22 ]</font>

Bleemo
Dec 20, 2006, 11:21 PM
On 2006-12-20 20:14, Guitarsmasher wrote:
by grammar i hope you mean abbreviations, because trust me, before i post something tht long, i reread it quite a few times before i hit "submit". if theres an abbreviation you dont understand ill tell you what it means, its no problem http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. but otherwise, theres only one or two run-on sentences in there that i dont check for because people can still understand a run-on sentence.

Yeah, you're right, it's not an English class, but you have to understand that you can only communicate through how you type. Do you want to sound like a train wreck when you talk?

It should be only natural to assist others in understanding your views by taking effort to type correctly, making your opinions readable.

This includes: correct uses of punctuations, spaces, your enter key, and less run-on sentences.

I'm only offering a little advice, because I completely skipped your views because of how difficult to understand it was--and it is asking a lot for people to read your views when you word them so poorly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bleemo on 2006-12-20 20:22 ]</font>

Guitarsmasher
Dec 20, 2006, 11:25 PM
On 2006-12-20 20:21, Bleemo wrote:

On 2006-12-20 20:14, Guitarsmasher wrote:

Yeah, you're right, it's not an English class, but you have to understand that you can only communicate through how you type. Do you want to sound like a train wreck when you talk?

It should be only natural to assist others in understanding your views by taking effort to type correctly, making your opinions readable.

This includes: correct uses of punctuations, spaces, your enter key, and less run-on sentences.

I'm only offering a little advice, because I completely skipped your views because of how difficult to understand it was--and it is asking a lot for people to read your views when you word them so poorly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bleemo on 2006-12-20 20:22 ]</font>

yea, im srry about all that tho. i know replies depend on how you type and stuff like that, but before i was just really pissed like you wouldnt believe. if you wouldnt mind, if you do understand or even get the jist of what i was saying in my post, can you say whether you agree or not plz? im just really hoping its not just me that thinks over-priced items in player shops can ruin psu in the long run. and if ppl stop overpricing things, it can actually counter the whole hacker thing! thats why i support it so much.

Cav
Dec 20, 2006, 11:32 PM
On 2006-12-20 19:01, Bleemo wrote:

How have they fucked it up? It's simple.

By introducing so much dirty money into the economy at will, it has made players able to buy practically anything they wanted so long as they have a few valuable items to sell. There is so much shit money in the economy, most of your valuable items will sell the very day you place them up for sale. Anyone can get to this money. Because it's tossed around like candy. No one has worked for it, no one can vouch for it. Look at the character Box and how much money he has made. You can't tell me he would be 50+ million meseta rich if we didn't have the fucking cheaters spreading dirty money in the economy.

Price inflation does not involve crap items and easy to find items most of the time. Price inflation involves really RARE items, the rarest of rare. Haru/Quick, Giga/Bullet PP Save, if any of these were placed up for 50 million most likely they will be sold the very same day. 44%+ elemental weapons put up in the millions will sell the very same day, and just like how Tengohg Bows were going for 20 million when they first came out. You can't tell me that this would be so if cheaters hadn't introduced all of that shit money in the economy.

Why does cheating matter?

Cheating matters because, like all games, when it's done en masse the game loses value. Items have already practically lost their currency value, now we're pretty much waiting for items to be generated in some way or form(Hell, in a way they are being generated. Have you heard of the continuous synthing method?). I do condone optimism, but to ignore the 500 pound gorilla in the room is just stupid.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bleemo on 2006-12-20 19:19 ]</font>

Perhaps legit games can invoke a use only need before greed rule for S rank drops in game, when they come out in 2013.

VanHalen
Dec 20, 2006, 11:34 PM
well now that we got that agument out the way lets get back to the topic as choja said. lets find ways to stop the hackers by either boring them to death with not caring or taking matters in to our hands. i want more PSOW nationalism http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Yoiyami
Dec 20, 2006, 11:48 PM
On 2006-12-20 20:12, Sychosis wrote:

Exactly. When trying to go for a civil conversation grammar makes a world of difference.

I feel bad for laughing. T.T;

But well, the cheating really isn't surprising at all. Apparently, it's very easy to do it to the point where any player is capable of it and those that don't have the knowledge can buy what they need on ebay. Yes, it matters because it affects everyone in some way, shape or form.

I'm not sure what can be done about it besides a wipe and work on the exploits the cheaters are using. ._.;

Bleemo
Dec 20, 2006, 11:50 PM
It depends on if you're refering to "hackers" or "cheaters". I'm going to assume hackers for arguments sake.

The room bombing issue isn't nearly as wide spread, but really it's the moral issue that makes it severe. Hackers have shown themselves as a threat, and so long as Sega sits on their ass, this will continue.

Inflation really doesn't involve basic, easy to obtain items(Aside from the Ray-Photon issue, but it's clear sign of inflation either way.). It involves items which we consider "rare".

The problem is that these rare items can be bought no matter what price we list them as. As soon as a Haru/Quick is set up in shop, it will be bought, even if the price is 50-99 million meseta. These outrageous prices are due to those who buy meseta and, of course, the hackers. I have a 34% Lightning Mukfet sitting in my storage right now, and I'm pretty sure I can sell it for 1-2 million in a day or two.

The issue for legit players "over pricing" things is that legit players shouldn't have to limit how much they sell things for profit. Because of all of the dirty money floating around, if you're trying to make a profit, probably 70% of the money you earn is dirty. This dirty money pretty much allows us to list anything for any price and it will be sold. Legit players can't avoid this money, either, even if they undercut.

You're right, currently the meseta issue is the most damaging issue we're experiencing right now. However, these threats are indeed real and lurking in player's minds. When these things happen in the severity they are happening, the game loses value, and players soon leave because of that loss in value. If this continues on, more and more people will begin to leave, and less and less people will register from reading all of these issues on forums.

Again, about the overpricing issue is that legit players shouldn't have to undercut or limit their prices in any way. Hell, no matter what they do, they can't avoid getting any of the dirty money.

Ultimately, the players aren't doing anything to ruin PSU's economy. The source is lead to the hackers distributing this money, to Sega's slowness in fixing these severe issues.

Personally, I blame every bit of this on Sega's slow ass.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bleemo on 2006-12-20 20:52 ]</font>

Sychosis
Dec 20, 2006, 11:54 PM
I'm going to go ahead and clean it up anyway, if only for future clarity:

Listen, there are two main things contributing to the downfall of PSU:

1. Hackers - They really are not that big a problem. At the most they've bombed about 5-20% of the whole PSU community. I doubt they've hit 20% of the population, it seems more like 5-10% to me.

2. Inflation: People! Really?! Why the hell are you doing this?! I'm not saying everyone is raising prices. But, there are some people reading this, acknowledging they have kerselines, vestalines, various photons, and ebons in their shops for higher than NPC prices. And by higher, I don't mean 1k higher, more like about 98 million meseta higher.

The people jacking up prices are sometimes the people complaining about it! I know everyone is thinking "well you're writing about inflation, so you must be a contributor!" Couldn't be further from the truth, I sell all of my materials at low prices, all of my photons are only 50 meseta.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm sure there are plenty of people reading this that are fair about all of their prices. I'm not calling them contributors specifically, I'm just certain there are a good number of players contributing.

For the people that are overpricing, please lower your prices. However, if you decide not to, may I ask why? Is it to anger people like me? If so, you're doing a good job.

In my opinion, inflation is the more dangerous of the two. It affects the whole community, even the price gougers. If everyone keeps buying items at inflated prices soon everyone will be broke. This makes the game far less appealing because we cannot get what we want, which causes players to quit.

Hackers...do your worst, I doubt people are going to stop playing over a few lost decorations. They are for nothing but show. No matter what hackers do to you, if we had a good community, we would be able to buy back whatever was taken from us without freaking out over it.

Now I'm not going to give you a motivational pep talk, I'm just going to say you are wasting your time if you keep inflating prices.

If you want to ruin the community of PSU, go ahead and try. If you're that determined to ruin something, anything, there must be a prize waiting for you when you're done, right? I don't see any prize, the only thing I see are people talking about the person that ruined PSU in a single thread. If thats a real prize to you, that it's worth so much of your time just to end PSU, go for it. It's obvious to me that you really want to see that one thread, then forget about it for the rest of your life. Me? I like to spend my time on things that will give me something when I finish it, something that benefits my life forever.

I'm sure there will be people who are still pissing and moaning about this post, but rude comments mean nothing to me. Those rude comments just reflect who you are inside. And for those that agree with what I've said about inflation and hackers, thank you. I'm glad to see that it's more than just me here.

-Dainslef-
Dec 20, 2006, 11:59 PM
Well, not that I reallgy agree about all this crap, but, I didn't mind my PM getting bombed too much. I can make a pure one now, my old one was 18 Mind =p

Calamity
Dec 21, 2006, 12:00 AM
who is tmg

Yoiyami
Dec 21, 2006, 12:00 AM
On 2006-12-20 20:59, -Dainslef- wrote:
Well, not that I reallgy agree about all this crap, but, I didn't mind my PM getting bombed too much. I can make a pure one now, my old one was 18 Mind =p

Sorry it happened to you anyway, though. >.>; I'm sure it was an unpleasent surprise. At first, at least. XD

Sychosis
Dec 21, 2006, 12:01 AM
On 2006-12-20 21:00, LILC wrote:
who is tmg

A clan of "hackers"

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 21, 2006, 12:02 AM
this is how I'm working. I have things in store at high prices, for those with money to buy them, and I benefit from it. BUT, I also stay in my store and take normal offers on weapons for the typical player... it seems to be a good system. I benefit from the absurdity of people with too much meseta, while still helping the normal player

THE JACKEL

Calamity
Dec 21, 2006, 12:17 AM
pm me there site i wanna see was up wit em

Bleemo
Dec 21, 2006, 12:19 AM
On 2006-12-20 21:17, LILC wrote:
lol

Sychosis
Dec 21, 2006, 12:20 AM
On 2006-12-20 21:17, LILC wrote:

No, I don't think I will.

Calamity
Dec 21, 2006, 12:23 AM
i know some people that can mess em up yo yo i'm on the 360 server any way wut culd i do?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LILC on 2006-12-20 21:23 ]</font>

Sychosis
Dec 21, 2006, 12:27 AM
If these "people" have any real capacity to "mess em up" I'm sure they can find them by themselves. I mean dang, you're on the internet you know.

Calamity
Dec 21, 2006, 12:32 AM
these dudes dont even know bout em i jus heard of em

Turambar
Dec 21, 2006, 01:06 AM
If you're that intent on finding a link, you know there are other methods than asking on this board. Like Sychosis said, this is the internet.

Calamity
Dec 21, 2006, 01:13 AM
ya i know but i dont know anything about em all i know is tmg like i said i jus heard of em but it really dont matter cuz i'm not that worried about it

Laranas
Dec 21, 2006, 01:14 AM
They aren't important, don't bother.

hucast21
Dec 21, 2006, 01:19 AM
On 2006-12-20 22:14, Laranas wrote:

juno-6
Dec 21, 2006, 01:38 AM
On 2006-12-20 22:19, hucast21 wrote:

On 2006-12-20 22:14, Laranas wrote:

Calamity
Dec 21, 2006, 01:46 AM
so is it me or can did the last two people jus not write anything

PMB960
Dec 21, 2006, 02:22 AM
On 2006-12-20 17:12, Turambar wrote:
Inflation is indeed happening, but things like that is still quite few. You won't find everyone selling their +10 6*s for millions upon millions simply because it won't sell. The hacking population is not high enough at the moment to actually cause something like that. And as I have said, the game, because of the way it is designed, allows us to play and ignore the hacking. If its the PM bombing and room deco stealing, there are ways around that like making a store on an alt that has nothing, or having a private market set up within a set community. PM bombing hurts. Its true. But its not the end of the world. PMs can be built back, and friends can help it happen faster.

Until the hacking population suddenly expands exponentially, I highly doubt it cause a detrimental effect on our playing experiment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turambar on 2006-12-20 17:19 ]</font>

Thank you. Someone else actually agrees with me that 10% of the PSU population is buying/hacking meseta. All of 20 people are actually charging outrageous prices. They would have to sell tons of rares to get enough money to affect everyone. And since there are only a few charging that much most other people aren't getting anymore money than before. The money isn't circulating as fast as people would lead you to believe.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 21, 2006, 02:25 AM
just wait till 9* stuff and A grinders are out. the npc's and grinder people will eat like 1000000000000000000000 meseta on the first day http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Bleemo
Dec 21, 2006, 02:29 AM
On 2006-12-20 23:22, PMB960 wrote:
Thank you. Someone else actually agrees with me that 10% of the PSU population is buying/hacking meseta. All of 20 people are actually charging outrageous prices. They would have to sell tons of rares to get enough money to affect everyone. And since there are only a few charging that much most other people aren't getting anymore money than before. The money isn't circulating as fast as people would lead you to believe.
Oh, it's far more than that. Do a little research on RMT's.

Things like this are not new. It was new a month ago when the exploits had been found, and they began putting money on eBay. This has been going on for over a month now. Turambar is correct, the hacking population isn't high enough, but the consuming population has indeed shown it's numbers.

Hell, look at the economy. Look at everything I've been arguing. The hell this is brand new and hasn't taken it's toll yet.

imfanboy
Dec 21, 2006, 03:14 AM
of course it isn't new - it's been 5 weeks now since I saw Infamous Nugs IN PERSON buying a Me/Quick for 1 million meseta. Fortunately my friend nailed his ID number and we had THAT character banned.

Glad he got so much use out of the Me/Quick. ^_^

And it was obviously his main - it was level 41 at a time when that was kinda hard to do.

But that's the way it has to go - we have to report them when we find them, not play with them, but above all else NOT resort to vicious attacks on each other.

Turambar
Dec 21, 2006, 03:48 AM
But Bleemo, as you have said yourself, the focal point of effect is the higher tier items. The Me/Quicks, etc. However, those items don't make up the economy in full. Its is not the sori senbas, Tengoh bows, etc, thats the bulk of the economy, but rather the other, lesser items that players actually consume much more. Just like the automobile industry is not based on the Mustangs and Corvets, but rather the Fords, the Hondas, etc, that is bought in bulk. And the prices of those lower items, the ones that IMO really matters simply because they are not pure luxury items, has not yet been effected.

And indeed, I won't deny that the flow of dirty meseta isn't far reaching. But the flow of the illegitamite activites isn't nearly on par with the former. I probably have used illegitamite mesetas aquired from selling 8*s to buy mats for more 8* synths. But that dosn't effect me. I have synthed for profit before, and used the surplus to synth more, and having my meseta pool possibley tainted isn't going to change that since I do believe I price my things in the range of their actual value. I don't quite, in all honesty, care if I'm not pure. As long as I don't knowingly add to the problem, and I think I speak for many, there is no reason to change my economic behavior in any fashion.

Bleemo
Dec 21, 2006, 04:02 AM
On 2006-12-21 00:48, Turambar wrote:
But Bleemo, as you have said yourself, the focal point of effect is the higher tier items. The Me/Quicks, etc. However, those items don't make up the economy in full. Its is not the sori senbas, Tengoh bows, etc, thats the bulk of the economy, but rather the other, lesser items that players actually consume much more. Just like the automobile industry is not based on the Mustangs and Corvets, but rather the Fords, the Hondas, etc, that is bought in bulk. And the prices of those lower items, the ones that IMO really matters simply because they are not pure luxury items, has not yet been effected.

And indeed, I won't deny that the flow of dirty meseta isn't far reaching. But the flow of the illegitamite activites isn't nearly on par with the former. I probably have used illegitamite mesetas aquired from selling 8*s to buy mats for more 8* synths. But that dosn't effect me. I have synthed for profit before, and used the surplus to synth more, and having my meseta pool possibley tainted isn't going to change that since I do believe I price my things in the range of their actual value. I don't quite, in all honesty, care if I'm not pure. As long as I don't knowingly add to the problem, and I think I speak for many, there is no reason to change my economic behavior in any fashion.
The point never was about price inflation of lesser rare items. Where price inflation is an issue, it only targets the items worth inflating at this point, I.E. Giga/Bullet and Rabol Solid. Price inflation of basic materials and other items do not put much of an impact on the economy(Ray-Photon issue aside.).

The point about the lesser rare items is simply the meseta available to anyone in this economy. Because so much meseta is currently in our economy, it allows pretty much any player to buy anything they want with minimal effort. This money in the economy was never worked for, nor was it gotten by legitimate means. Ultimately, this kills any value items(I.E. A rank items) bought with it had, since very little meseta is actually worked for now.

Another point is that your profit actually isn't another's profit. It's dirty money. Since the other players who gave you most of that money did not work for it legitimately(Intentionally or not; no one can prevent this from happening unless you just don't sell anyone anything.), that pretty much destroys any value that money had. Then you use this invaluable money on other's items. Do you see where this is going? Because all of this meseta is created illegitimately with a few seconds of effort, it loses it's value, and anything bought with it loses it's value.

Turambar
Dec 21, 2006, 04:27 AM
You can argue that the meseta, because it is duped, results in inflation and I will agree (though even before the duping went wide spread, over pricing in the user shops was already appearent. That I doubt anyone will contest). But at the end of your statement, is it just me, or are you beginning to compare the value of items and meseta on their "legitimacy"? Of course if you argue via that point every thing will seem to lose their value. But that, may I point out, is merely a point of view. I don't view an item's pureness as a basis of its value. Inflation might make a difference, but even that may be arguble seeing how the NPC prices are static, the only prices that truely effects just how much, as you would put it, worth is placed into the item.

And on your second point, as I have said, I don't care at all that my meseta pool is not 100% pure. No one here can make that claim and support it with complete confidence unless of course, you never used the user shop function period. As you said, it is not preventable. Thus, what else can you do, but to take the hit up front, and get over it. It dosn't matter if other people didn't might not have put as much effort earning the meseta to purchase an item that you did put much effort into. What is important here is how much effort did YOU put into it? If you're selling things for 50 mil, then indeed, you are merely taking advantage of the meseta over flow. But if you don't? Am I going to say I don't think that I put as much work into synthing my latter things because the meseta that has always been used to fund future synths is no longer pure? No. I put in the same amount of effort. I gained the same amount of profit. To say it is of lesser value purely because of its pureness is but a perspective that does not effect me simply I don't hold that perspective.

Edit: Gah forgot a paragraph. We agree on the fact that it is the higher tier items that are truely being effected by the meseta dupe. But my point that you seem to fail to grasp is that rare, luxury items are not the bulk of the economy. Economic health is not dependent on the best items of the game that only a small percentage of the population would have even with out the meseta dupe. It is the items that are produced and consumed on a continuous basis that actually matters. And thats where the NPC standard comes in. Even if I had 100 million meseta, and I can afford anything. If I wanted to buy par ebon, would I pay the 100k in someone's shop? No, I would pay the 4k at the NPC.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turambar on 2006-12-21 01:38 ]</font>

Bleemo
Dec 21, 2006, 04:53 AM
On 2006-12-21 01:27, Turambar wrote:
You can argue that the meseta, because it is duped, results in inflation and I will agree (though even before the duping went wide spread, over pricing in the user shops was already appearent. That I doubt anyone will contest). But at the end of your statement, is it just me, or are you beginning to compare the value of items and meseta on their "legitimacy"? Of course if you argue via that point every thing will seem to lose their value. But that, may I point out, is merely a point of view. I don't view an item's pureness as a basis of its value. Inflation might make a difference, but even that may be arguble seeing how the NPC prices are static, the only prices that truely effects just how much, as you would put it, worth is placed into the item.
Overpricing isn't the issue, the frequency of items being sold is the issue.

Yes, I compare it to legitimacy. In this sense, it is not merely a point of view. An item's pureness in game is based on effort required to obtain it, otherwise we would have no way of gauging an item's value at all. Effort required to obtain an item is based on your actions prior to obtaining the item. Quite simply, with this economy, money is falling into player's laps. This money that has been obtained with no actual effort retains no value. When this currency is spent on items of value, the item bought is exchanged with the value of your offer--meseta. Which, in turn, has no value.

Even items bought from NPC's have value. Again, this isn't about price inflation of lesser rare or basic items that can be found easily or bought from NPC's. Merely the act of obtaining an item from the game has value, it all simply depends on one key factor, and that is putting out legitimate(Talking about the game's own methods as legitimate.) effort to obtain the items. As soon as these cheaters craft this meseta, especially in the few moments they can, automatically this meseta has no actual value according to the game's laws rendering anything bought with it invaluable.

What you're not grasping is that price inflation, right now, is not the issue, it's merely an effect. The issue is the pool of currency that has been introduced into the system. Once you become involved in making money through this economy, farming no longer becomes an option, because you make far less farming than you do simply selling items. You are only able to sell items in such frequency because of the over abundance of meseta floating around in the economy. If we did not have this meseta issue, items would be selling far less and we would be required to farm for extra money.

Jasam
Dec 21, 2006, 05:14 AM
If inflation continues, eventualy, all meseta farming will be pointless, as playershop prices will become far to high to make it worth while.
Eventualy all Items lose all their value, and we are back to the PSO system of trading items for items (with no way to serach for others items anymore, since everyone willl be able to afford 99mil items).
Even then, any item with buyable mats, will become completely worthless.

Then comes item duping, and all of a suddon we are playing in legit communites or running around with TJ swords like every other level 1 HUmar...

Of course for the moment, Ithink most of us are just gonna ignore it and continue playing as always, the doom is coming, so why wrry about it.... and you never know
there still the 1/1000000 chance that ST either does something, or finaly learns their lesson by next time

Turambar
Dec 21, 2006, 05:21 AM
If you're telling me that the frequency of Kerseline being sold at 5k and above is actually dramatically higher than I am aware of, then I will conceed that point. If it isn't, then once again, the sale of over priced items are items not of importance to the overall economy. Those who buy items for 50 mil, are the meseta dupers them selves, not the population at large. While there is a sudden meseta spike for one person, the result is not that one person suddenly buying up everything at any price possible. And the possiblities for such scenarios are already rare indeed.

On the issue of value to legitamicy. You are to argue that a meseta that is merely made of of thin air has no core value in the game, and that is true on a technical basis. But that is a far cry from the reality of the game where such meseta, though devoid of what I will call true value, still has worth purely because of the way it is circulated and used. The reality is such meseta circulates, and is used by people that is unaware of its bastard beginings and use it to purchase their everyday things. That is the reality of the value of items. While techincality would put it as worthless, it is a far cry from the population's actual perception of it. And the population's perception is in the end what actually matters.

Let me ask you. What is legitamite effort spent obtaining items? The idea of buying and selling to make a living in the game did not come to fruition only with the advent of meseta dumps. So what is actual legitamite effort? If it is following the terms of agreement, not breaking the rules, then the majority of the population of is infact within those bounds. If it is to be free of even unknown influences that meseta dumps inevitably cause, having items sell faster and thus having more meseta to spend, then indeed almost the entire population is in violation. But it is because of the frequency of the violations that this particular way of marking legitamite action becomes litterally meaningless, and a differen't way of looking at things is required.

"Farming no longer becomes an option." If goal of the game was to do nothing but make meseta, then indeed, farming would stop being an option for many. But that isn't the point of the game is it? Unless you can claim you take true joy in setting up synths, waithing the hours, setting them in a shop, and synthing more, than farming, grinding, actually playing, is still a very living function of the game. Also, you seem to view the effectiveness of synths abit too much. For example, my synths have a success rate of about 33% (which makes no sense since my PM says its 54%). That means for every synth that works, 2 others fail. Boards cost 110k each. Mats for an 8* gun costs about 60k, give or take. My selling price is at 220k. Do the math and you'd realize I definitly cannont constantly support such a synth rate. The fact that synths fail so readily in the game, makes doing runs quite neccessary.

Off topic: Bah, about 2 hours before I need to leave for my finals (yes I need to leave for finals exam at 6:30 in the morning). I should finish up my reviews so forgive me if this is my last post for awhile. I'll put up a response to any rebuttle after I get home from campus.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 21, 2006, 05:22 AM
But Bleemo, wouldn't the effects of hacked meseta just a catalyst in speeding up the devaluation of meseta in the market?

Lets take for example 1000 players that all played 4 hours a day and made at least 500 meseta every 10 minutes.

That is 12 million meseta/day, and I assume there's at least 100million introduced ligitmitly into the market daily. So if a hacker were to buy an item for 50mil, that's takes off half a day's work into the market.

All I'm saying is that this would have eventually happened in the end, and the fact of the matter is that we as players make up 90% of the meseta that's being introduced into the system daily, if not 100% and anyone with a right sense of selling can aquire large amounts of this introduced meseta though ligitimate means.

Pentence
Dec 21, 2006, 05:41 AM
Sounds to me like some people need to stop looking at this as an ethics issue and look at it as a economical issue.

silvanas
Dec 21, 2006, 07:03 AM
or as a simple DDOS their website and say its just the first step if it dosent stop issue... just an idea im throwing out there not that i encurage that sort of thing... well yes im a firm beliver in it but we are all nice people even if they arnt.

rena-ko
Dec 21, 2006, 07:10 AM
DDOS attacks can get you into jail tho.

Alisha
Dec 21, 2006, 07:29 AM
On 2006-12-20 17:35, Sounomi wrote:
Those who cheat or are bothered by cheating are likely those that play for power. In the case of the legit ones, it'd be alot for pride. Meanwhile, those who aren't bothered by any of this are the ones that enjoy the game for what it was meant for, as a means of entertainment.

In the end, who do you think will be left? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

this is the best post in this entire topic. this inflation is nothing compared to what went on in ffxi. isnt kraken club still worth 20 mil? and they just moved it to a bcnm and out of labrynth of onzozo. and unlike ffxi psu has massive money sinks. frankly if someone bought something from me for for 1 mil i'd probally stockpile photon charges,scapes.etc.

silvanas
Dec 21, 2006, 07:34 AM
On 2006-12-21 04:10, rena-ko wrote:
DDOS attacks can get you into jail tho.

and thats why i dont approve of it... even in the cases of where people deserve it.

If it wasnt illigal id be all for it they seem to take pride in the fact that they are collosal noobs.

And ive read the people that deserve its forums they do deserve it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: silvanas on 2006-12-21 04:41 ]</font>

Mystil
Dec 21, 2006, 07:53 AM
On 2006-12-20 19:04, Retehi wrote:
Oh man, it's like having Phalanx around again.

You just joined here and EVEN you know who TeamPhalanx is?

LOL WOW that guy REALLY tried hard to get hated.

this is the best post in this entire topic. this inflation is nothing compared to what went on in ffxi. isnt kraken club still worth 20 mil? and they just moved it to a bcnm and out of labrynth of onzozo. and unlike ffxi psu has massive money sinks. frankly if someone bought something from me for for 1 mil i'd probally stockpile photon charges,scapes.etc.
Agreed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2006-12-21 04:55 ]</font>

Careful
Dec 21, 2006, 07:55 AM
there is a reason why k club is worth 20mil... god

Mystil
Dec 21, 2006, 07:57 AM
Kclub used to cost more than that. But it's a good point to make - the inflation in PSU is no where near the level of FFXI.

HOWEVER, we aren't in FFXI and our inflation blows anyhow.

Cav
Dec 21, 2006, 08:09 AM
kraken drk is more broken than twin daggers, so it is worth every gil.

Lucius
Dec 21, 2006, 12:13 PM
So how exactly do these people steal stuff from storage and such? Is the only way they can do it is if they have your card or they come to your room via the shop search menu?

Dragonkat
Dec 21, 2006, 12:53 PM
New one for the item database I just found

name: [B] Molehill ---> Mountain
rarity: over 9000!*
Desc: A super rare board reserved for the most powerful expert doomsayers. Able to turn the slightest problems into earth shattering portents of destruction. Great for those who move items most of the playerbase couldn't care less about.

Think I could get them to dupe me one? =p

BloodDragoon
Dec 21, 2006, 07:08 PM
On 2006-12-21 05:09, Cav wrote:

But still not as funny to watch as a MNK using Hundred Fists with a Moogle Rod. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

IMO Sega has climbed half way up the tree in regards to game security. PSU to me is much better protection wise than PSO. They've eliminated the most damaging/annoying things from PSO (Character corruption/NOLing/FSOD/ETC.) But the problems that weren't acknowledged or weren't as bothersome on PSO (Duping) still persist in PSU. Now if someone could just get a really long, sharp, pointed stick and poke Sega in the ass with it really hard so they move the rest of the way up that tree I think most of us would be happy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

dizzygiant2k2
Dec 21, 2006, 07:56 PM
a few things if i remember item duping only works with stackable items so that means weapon dupings gone right?

another thing is >.> is that really happening last night i saw ray-photons were like 9k -,- but then again if you think about it thats easily fixed with nuedaiz runs

Ronzeru
Dec 21, 2006, 08:14 PM
On 2006-12-21 09:53, Dragonkat wrote:
New one for the item database I just found

name: [B] Molehill ---> Mountain
rarity: over 9000!*
Desc: A super rare board reserved for the most powerful expert doomsayers. Able to turn the slightest problems into earth shattering portents of destruction. Great for those who move items most of the playerbase couldn't care less about.

Think I could get them to dupe me one? =p

This post wins the thread. Now, all we need is to turn this into a psuedo killing ifrit. I'll start if off oldschool.

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~jskong/orly.gif

mogshaz
Dec 21, 2006, 08:22 PM
i wonder how many of the people who currently say hacking doesn't matter were just a few weeks ago denying that hacking/duping/cheating (whatever you want to call it) even existed on the PC/PS2 servers.

remember guys, Screen shots or it never happened....

Cav
Dec 21, 2006, 08:33 PM
On 2006-12-21 16:08, BloodDragoon wrote:

On 2006-12-21 05:09, Cav wrote:

But still not as funny to watch as a MNK using Hundred Fists with a Moogle Rod. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Well doing 30k dmg to DL out of his 80k hp with 1 drk seems more useful than watching the flurry of mnk kraken <.<.

On topic with the theme of the thread: most people aren't hacking.

BloodDragoon
Dec 21, 2006, 08:49 PM
I never cared much for K club on my DRK, Ridill seemed to work better for me. (Gogo sword merits. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

However IMO no one is hacking in PSU, It's all script kiddies playing with someone else's tool. And these script kiddies are very few in number as well. However the manner of how the cheat the system and what they do outside the boundries intended for the game seem to be impacting either just enough people or the right people in a way that they blow the issue out of porportion and make it seem bigger than it really is. Honestly it seems more damage has been done to the PS2/PC servers by people constantly screaming "OMFG HAX" than the actual people cheating the system. Large portions of the population are now paranoid. They suspect any player they see with more than 1 million meseta as a duper. Hell alot of player shops are passworded now because people are afraid one of these cheaters are going to hunt them down specifically and bomb their PM while stealing their room decorations. This aura of paranoia makes the cheating problems on the PS2/PC client seem larger than it really is and this is driving off the player base faster than the people actually doing the cheating in the first place.

physic
Dec 21, 2006, 08:53 PM
i think you guys are looking short term here. the problem isnt stuff you can buy in shops, or even the ones you can synth, they have thier value built in. the problem is high tier stuff, and unless they sell sranks in shops, your looking at overpaying for them, unless the fake money goes. there is very little limit to the money that they can burn. And it effects what value you can sell your items for. is a 50% 8 star worth 2 mil? we ll never really know, because of the infulx of hacked cash, i can argue it is, but only in a system without hacked cash would we know.
As for farming vs sales, sales is supposed to be the way, after all when you farm s rank and the item sells for 90k vs level C where that item cost 1k, it lets you know how much more money you maybe should be making. i think a del jagnus board is worth 100-200k after all its rarer than the stuff in shops, and has more atp than a 7 star with a much lower req. Well whatever, i say just price your items fairly if your worried about people buying your stuff with fake money.
But as people said most people arent to concerned with fair cash the vast majority of shops selling kerseline vestaline etc are over priced, as well as ebon. i mean, at least match the npc. but then again that wouldnt allow you to profit from peoples stupidity or hackers as much

Its up to ST in anycase, only thier actions can really change anything anyhow.

Retehi
Dec 21, 2006, 08:58 PM
On 2006-12-21 04:53, Mystil wrote:

You just joined here and EVEN you know who TeamPhalanx is?

LOL WOW that guy REALLY tried hard to get hated.

Believe me, I dealt with PSO since it came out, along with it's clowns.

Only now signed up cause well. . I honestly don't know. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

imfanboy
Dec 21, 2006, 09:08 PM
On 2006-12-21 17:22, mogshaz wrote:
i wonder how many of the people who currently say hacking doesn't matter were just a few weeks ago denying that hacking/duping/cheating (whatever you want to call it) even existed on the PC/PS2 servers.

Haha, SOMEONE'S been ignoring my posts to support their own point of view, or else they would have known that I caught Nugz a month ago buying a Me/Quick. For 1 million meseta. (Ah, for a time when that WAS a lot of money!)

I always thought it was a damfool idea to put something in the shop that you weren't willing to sell. Par Ebons for 99999999 and other crap was bad enough, but what about looking for Jao Delma or a Meow Mustache and only finding outrageous prices because they just want to say, "Haha, look what I found that you can't have!!"

JaiBlue
Dec 21, 2006, 09:13 PM
Ooo kay I'm confused. oh btw does anyone know where I can get the fan pack to make thoes psu sigs?

BloodDragoon
Dec 21, 2006, 09:17 PM
Fansite Kit? I have it on my PC, let me see if I can locate the URL before bothering to upload it somewhere...

JaiBlue
Dec 21, 2006, 09:18 PM
On 2006-12-21 18:17, BloodDragoon wrote:
Fansite Kit? I have it on my PC, let me see if I can locate the URL before bothering to upload it somewhere...

k thanks

mogshaz
Dec 21, 2006, 09:22 PM
On 2006-12-21 18:08, imfanboy wrote:

Haha, SOMEONE'S been ignoring my posts to support their own point of view, or else they would have known that I caught Nugz a month ago buying a Me/Quick. For 1 million meseta. (Ah, for a time when that WAS a lot of money!)

I always thought it was a damfool idea to put something in the shop that you weren't willing to sell. Par Ebons for 99999999 and other crap was bad enough, but what about looking for Jao Delma or a Meow Mustache and only finding outrageous prices because they just want to say, "Haha, look what I found that you can't have!!"

yes imafanboy, every time i make a general statement about the community as a whole i am really speaking directly to you. In fact, every time i say anything at all i am referring directly to you most especially when i never say your name once.

Because as you know thats the only way i can ignore your posts to support my own views.

BloodDragoon
Dec 21, 2006, 09:32 PM
On 2006-12-21 18:18, JaiBlue wrote:

k thanks

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/community/fansitekit/

I feel like an idiot. It was right there on the main Japanese site. The link down at the bottom of the page.

JaiBlue
Dec 21, 2006, 09:35 PM
On 2006-12-21 18:32, BloodDragoon wrote:

On 2006-12-21 18:18, JaiBlue wrote:

k thanks

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/community/fansitekit/

I feel like an idiot. It was right there on the main Japanese site. The link down at the bottom of the page.

lol I feel even dumer I have the same website hot linked to my favorites bar. >_>

Sychosis
Dec 21, 2006, 09:38 PM
On 2006-12-21 18:22, mogshaz wrote:

On 2006-12-21 18:08, imfanboy wrote:

yes imafanboy, every time i make a general statement about the community as a whole i am really speaking directly to you. In fact, every time i say anything at all i am referring directly to you most especially when i never say your name once.

Because as you know thats the only way i can ignore your posts to support my own views.

That post was obviously directed at me seeing as it mentions my name nowhere. Where do you live mog? I need to take a tire iron to your kneecaps.

Cav
Dec 21, 2006, 10:20 PM
On 2006-12-21 17:49, BloodDragoon wrote:
I never cared much for K club on my DRK, Ridill seemed to work better for me. (Gogo sword merits. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

kraken with max hp gear does like 300 a hit, since SE is a set damage bonus regardless of weapon speed you want the most hits as fast as possible. 300 dmg x2-8 > 400 x2-3 >.>

PSU: yea the hacking is bad, and stuff.

Ronzeru
Dec 21, 2006, 10:27 PM
Jesus christ how many of us on this game are from FFXI

Sinue_v2
Dec 21, 2006, 10:32 PM
I came from FFXI, and I brought some of my LS with me. *shrug*

BloodDragoon
Dec 21, 2006, 10:34 PM
But does 300 dmg x2-8 with roughly 75% accuracy > 400 x2-3 @ 95% accuracy? Then again I usually had a whm watching my HP constantly so I could spam vorpal blade while souleater was active.

And Sychosis a tire iron to the kneecaps is no good. You need a baseball bat wrapped in rusty barbed wire. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Bleemo
Dec 22, 2006, 12:56 AM
I apologize for being late on this post. I totally forgot about it, lol.

On 2006-12-21 02:21, Turambar wrote:
If you're telling me that the frequency of Kerseline being sold at 5k and above is actually dramatically higher than I am aware of, then I will conceed that point. If it isn't, then once again, the sale of over priced items are items not of importance to the overall economy. Those who buy items for 50 mil, are the meseta dupers them selves, not the population at large. While there is a sudden meseta spike for one person, the result is not that one person suddenly buying up everything at any price possible. And the possiblities for such scenarios are already rare indeed.

Again, this isn't about price inflation and the buying of overpriced items. Price inflation is merely an effect. The main issue we're looking at is the frequency of items purchased within the economy.

On the issue of value to legitamicy. You are to argue that a meseta that is merely made of of thin air has no core value in the game, and that is true on a technical basis. But that is a far cry from the reality of the game where such meseta, though devoid of what I will call true value, still has worth purely because of the way it is circulated and used. The reality is such meseta circulates, and is used by people that is unaware of its bastard beginings and use it to purchase their everyday things. That is the reality of the value of items. While techincality would put it as worthless, it is a far cry from the population's actual perception of it. And the population's perception is in the end what actually matters.

Let me ask you. What is legitamite effort spent obtaining items? The idea of buying and selling to make a living in the game did not come to fruition only with the advent of meseta dumps. So what is actual legitamite effort? If it is following the terms of agreement, not breaking the rules, then the majority of the population of is infact within those bounds. If it is to be free of even unknown influences that meseta dumps inevitably cause, having items sell faster and thus having more meseta to spend, then indeed almost the entire population is in violation. But it is because of the frequency of the violations that this particular way of marking legitamite action becomes litterally meaningless, and a differen't way of looking at things is required.

Legitimate effort is merely the act of playing the game. You're confusing ethical value with personal value. Economically, the two values are different and cannot be argued together. I can say that my 34% Lightning Mukfet holds a lot of personal value for me, but I spent 175,000 meseta making this weapon. Since the majority of this meseta was most likely dirty and never worked for(Crafted from thin air in a matter of moments.) the effort I put into making this weapon virtually is the same effort as crafting it out of thin air.

Firstly, I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here. Have the items not lost value? Take a look at the frequency of items sold. I recently put up 10 8* items yesterday for at least 200,000 meseta a piece. 8 out of those 10 items sold, giving me almost 2,000,000 meseta. If we did not have this influx of currency within the system, I would have never been able to make 2 million meseta from the very small portion of players actually seeking these items on that single day.

When these dupers introduce this load of money(It takes a lot of currency in order to devalue items.) not by themselves, but by the consumers in which they sell to, this is where the problem arises. When you look at simply the magnitude of meseta dupers are able to put into the system alone, it's evident when you combine them with the good percentage of population that this meseta gets spread out to, and sold to. Hell, just think of it. When a single duper makes 99,999,999 meseta and goes around buying things in everyone's shop maybe spending 20,000,000 meseta if he wanted to, that's 20,000,000 meseta that was just introduced into the economy from one single person, not to a single person, but to a spread of people. When prices of frequently bought items don't change according to this influx in money, everyone begins to have more and more excess of money.

"Farming no longer becomes an option." If goal of the game was to do nothing but make meseta, then indeed, farming would stop being an option for many. But that isn't the point of the game is it? Unless you can claim you take true joy in setting up synths, waithing the hours, setting them in a shop, and synthing more, than farming, grinding, actually playing, is still a very living function of the game. Also, you seem to view the effectiveness of synths abit too much. For example, my synths have a success rate of about 33% (which makes no sense since my PM says its 54%). That means for every synth that works, 2 others fail. Boards cost 110k each. Mats for an 8* gun costs about 60k, give or take. My selling price is at 220k. Do the math and you'd realize I definitly cannont constantly support such a synth rate. The fact that synths fail so readily in the game, makes doing runs quite neccessary.
The point of the game is to play it. To play the game merits effort, and you are rewarded for the effort via levels, money, loot.

The point of this influx meseta is that it takes loot and meseta virtually out of the process, devaluing the entire game to an extent, because you no longer need to put out effort to obtain these factors.

Also, I'd like for you to please elaborate further in what you're arguing, lol. Are you telling me this huge, evident influx of money has not impacted the economy in the way I'm arguing?

Cav
Dec 22, 2006, 01:50 AM
On 2006-12-21 19:34, BloodDragoon wrote:
But does 300 dmg x2-8 with roughly 75% accuracy > 400 x2-3 @ 95% accuracy? Then again I usually had a whm watching my HP constantly so I could spam vorpal blade while souleater was active.

And Sychosis a tire iron to the kneecaps is no good. You need a baseball bat wrapped in rusty barbed wire. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

sushi, nuff said >.>, using ws also results in lower damage output because normal hits are boosted the same amount as ws, yet using ws resets your swing timer.

OPM
Dec 22, 2006, 02:17 AM
I had a 65 Taru Whm in FFXI. Needless to say, it was a really boring class to play. And Sneak/Invising everyone is a pain, especially with random durations.

SkiLLz003
Dec 22, 2006, 03:52 AM
Hackers will lose in the end.
iff everyone on this site tells 1 of their friends to report someone.
thatll be like 20000 posts of "this person is hacking"
im sure sega will read that and say "goodbye"

i single handedly got most of infamous banned, temp. banned or suspended. (kinda like temp ban)
all i did was go on the website. find them saying

"OMG MESETA FOR 20 DOLLARS ZOMG BUY IT!!!"
send that to sega and goodbye poster.

its simple. everyone needs to go to tmg or trg or wtfever those faggots are called
sorry if thats pretty straight forward harsh to someone didnt mean it like that... well they are kinda. :/ to an extent (ANYHOW!) everyone needs to go onto their webpage find evidence and give them.

"la-pwned" posts and send info aka. URL LINKS to sega. they will read em and ban who needs to be banned..
for the person who posted hackers wont stop until their bored..

hackers wont stop until STOPPED hackers never get bored. because they feel in charge.

do your little bit to clean up the psu community dont watch a pso happen PSO VETS SALUTE THIS. PREACH IT. FIX IT...

Vhex
Dec 22, 2006, 08:41 AM

Nugz is in IG, not TMG. ROFL

Sychosis
Dec 22, 2006, 08:49 AM
On 2006-12-22 05:41, Vhex wrote:
Nugz is in IG, not TMG. ROFL

I would assume that's the point. Nugz has moles who report TMG. The fewer the rival hacked meseta sellers there are, the more Nugz profits.

Armok
Dec 22, 2006, 09:39 AM
All this talk about these losers is boring me. Ignore the idiots completely. Going on and on about it is sad.

Pso games have always had these lame losers trying to ruin it for everyone and destroying the economy and following pso world lobbies round, noling, freezing and generally annoying the population. Why these ppl who have been doing it for 5+ years now, continue is behond me.

None of the long term normal population do not care anymore. They ignore these idiots and just move on without having to make these stupid topics discussing it. If you want to discuss this hacker/leet vs legit stuff (even to say you hate them) there is a forum in gamefaqs which is designed for this bickering. Let the rest of us get on with our trading among our trusted friends and lvling.

silvanas
Dec 22, 2006, 11:04 AM
yea most of em are banned now, the only reason they are even gonna be allowed on the 360 version is cos they will never beat microsofts security, and if they do microsoft will likely have them killed to keep their method of doing it a secret... im being serious they probably would.

BloodDragoon
Dec 22, 2006, 07:14 PM
On 2006-12-22 00:52, SkiLLz003 wrote:
Hackers will lose in the end.
iff everyone on this site tells 1 of their friends to report someone.
thatll be like 20000 posts of "this person is hacking"
im sure sega will read that and say "goodbye"

i single handedly got most of infamous banned, temp. banned or suspended. (kinda like temp ban)
all i did was go on the website. find them saying

"OMG MESETA FOR 20 DOLLARS ZOMG BUY IT!!!"
send that to sega and goodbye poster.

its simple. everyone needs to go to tmg or trg or wtfever those faggots are called
sorry if thats pretty straight forward harsh to someone didnt mean it like that... well they are kinda. :/ to an extent (ANYHOW!) everyone needs to go onto their webpage find evidence and give them.

"la-pwned" posts and send info aka. URL LINKS to sega. they will read em and ban who needs to be banned..
for the person who posted hackers wont stop until their bored..

hackers wont stop until STOPPED hackers never get bored. because they feel in charge.

do your little bit to clean up the psu community dont watch a pso happen PSO VETS SALUTE THIS. PREACH IT. FIX IT...

Hackers get bored when theres no challenge left to them. Which means hackers got bored with PSU: PC, most likely less than an hour after Day 1 of network mode given the weakness of GameGuard.

Script kiddies never get bored and dont stop till someone makes them stop. Because it's the only chance they have in life to go on any sort of a power trip.

DikkyRay
Dec 24, 2006, 10:20 PM
On 2006-12-20 17:32, MaKaVeLi_X wrote:

Honestly I dont KNow who the Great Eternal X is and I dont Care. well I say THEY are wanna b's. Must be true because someone said it.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! So funny. calling eternal X a wannabe hacker. You my firiend, suck at life if you dnot know who he is. GREATEST FUCKING HACKER ON GCN HANDS DOWN

silvanas
Dec 25, 2006, 09:43 AM
so that puts him at something like realy far below everyone at say g00ns, aka real hackers.

HiKeRI
Dec 25, 2006, 03:04 PM
On 2006-12-24 19:20, DikkyRay wrote:

On 2006-12-20 17:32, MaKaVeLi_X wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! So funny. calling eternal X a wannabe hacker. You my firiend, suck at life if you dnot know who he is. GREATEST FUCKING HACKER ON GCN HANDS DOWN

Eternal X and TMG both suck, they don't impress me.

silvanas
Dec 25, 2006, 03:06 PM
essensialy what i said, exept i used a comparison to hackers rather than people who like the mess with video games.

HiKeRI
Dec 25, 2006, 03:09 PM
On 2006-12-25 12:06, silvanas wrote:
essensialy what i said, exept i used a comparison to hackers rather than people who like the mess with video games.

True, i know this guy that is a pro at those stuffs, but he don't like to waste his skills on video games, i bet he can take down the 360 version with ease if he tried, but its all worthless to him.

silvanas
Dec 25, 2006, 03:28 PM
i doubt it microsoft do know what they are doing, if you mess with 1 part of the console the whole thing stops working, seriously microsofts security is probably more secure than the pentagons.

HiKeRI
Dec 25, 2006, 03:31 PM
Maybe, thing is he works for the gov. but thats the only thing i know about him, maybe he can or maybe he can't but one thing for sure i know is that he's good at it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

silvanas
Dec 25, 2006, 03:38 PM
it dosent matter how good you are if the hardware is made so you cant physicaly mod it.

Ogni-XR21
Dec 25, 2006, 03:40 PM
Sega should sue them, set an example, ruin some lifes. I don't know why they are not a bit more strict about that. What are the ToS for if they don't care about them?

silvanas
Dec 25, 2006, 03:42 PM
exactly the TOS is essensialy a legaly binding contract, even to the point that noone reads them... well i do it dosent take that long realy, but yea they should sue BROOMOPH... i cant spell it.

HiKeRI
Dec 25, 2006, 03:44 PM
On 2006-12-25 12:40, Ogni-XR21 wrote:
Sega should sue them, set an example, ruin some lifes. I don't know why they are not a bit more strict about that. What are the ToS for if they don't care about them?

They are just to lazy to do anything now, its like doing something without getting paid, though.. i don't know what they are doing with the monthly fee payment they get.. In my simple eye they are a wanabe Company with skills on making games.

PJ
Dec 25, 2006, 03:50 PM
On 2006-12-25 12:44, HiKeRI wrote:

They are just to lazy to do anything now, its like doing something without getting paid, though.. i don't know what they are doing with the monthly fee payment they get.. In my simple eye they are a wanabe Company with skills on making games.

In my simple eye, HiKeRI is a wannabe person with skills in capital letters.

You missed the I and E, btw. Just thought you should know.

HiKeRI
Dec 25, 2006, 03:56 PM
On 2006-12-25 12:50, PJ wrote:

In my simple eye, HiKeRI is a wannabe person with skills in capital letters.

You missed the I and E, btw. Just thought you should know.

Sorry to bother you, but im not an American, you idiot.. and overall.. grammar do not interest me that much.

EDIT: The name goes like that if you didnt knew.. It's a Chant nothing that you would know about.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HiKeRI on 2006-12-25 13:09 ]</font>

Shadow_Wing
Dec 25, 2006, 05:31 PM
It might be built in the hardware, but enough work you can bypass all the stuff Microsoft has done to make the 360 secure, it just takes 1) the knowledge and 2) the devotion.

I'm not really surprised by the action Sega has taken so far, slow but still progressive (they've patched a few things) really, I've played enough MMOs, or online games in general, to know such matters are just how things are in the online game world.

And when's the last time a company sued someone for hacking on an online game lol (trust me online games have more bots and hacks than most people realize, just because they don't reveal it like the TMG losers doesn't mean they don't exsist ;p)

Saiffy
Dec 25, 2006, 08:10 PM
They are just to lazy to do anything now, its like doing something without getting paid, though.. i don't know what they are doing with the monthly fee payment they get..

Keeping the servers up?

You know, stuff that costs money to do. And besides, they got your money, why the shit should they care if you don't like them not dealing with cheaters?

Makojin
Dec 25, 2006, 09:37 PM
On 2006-12-25 12:40, Ogni-XR21 wrote:

I don't think Sega wants the bad publicity they'd get for suing 13 year olds...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Makojin on 2006-12-25 18:38 ]</font>

HiKeRI
Dec 25, 2006, 10:12 PM
On 2006-12-25 17:10, Saiffy wrote:

They are just to lazy to do anything now, its like doing something without getting paid, though.. i don't know what they are doing with the monthly fee payment they get..

Keeping the servers up?

You know, stuff that costs money to do. And besides, they got your money, why the shit should they care if you don't like them not dealing with cheaters?

What would "Keeping the servers up?" do if there wont be players in it, atleast they should think of something and act quick before there game dies, or gets more wrecked then what it is right now (Not like if its the end of the world though) The last excuse i would get to my mind is.. "Hey the game is dead but just because its dead don't mean it will take away my great.. great fun! =D "Lawl" But really not that i don't like them, just simply that i expected more from them and there game to a good success, and not repeat the PSO incident they had on the past days, because what did i heard from the "Hey PSO BB haves "amazing" security! I am sure that PSU will be as "secure" as PSO BB was!" . . . http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Ok im done http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif