PDA

View Full Version : Rally Cry

AC9breaker
Dec 21, 2006, 04:43 AM
My fellow Ps2/PC PSU PSO-Worlders. These past few days I've been coming to the PSU general boards and see nothing but misery and despair. Broken expectations, and shattered mental attitudes and an ever decreasing online population. But thats enough, while as unfortunate as the series of events that have transpired are, we should remember why we bought this game, why some of us still play it. Good Times.

Since the very start this game has seen stormy seas, suffering to say the least, the slings and arrows of unfortunate fate. delayed release dates, congested JP servers and connection errors, thoughtless marketing, and now hacking and script kiddies. But despite all that, the core of the game still remains intact. Mega Hella Awesomeness.

A friend and I imported the JP version of this game for PC becuase we where extremely anxious to get our hands on it, to finally re-live the phantasy. Although, there where several hiccups with the JP servers, my friend and I where finally able to play. We couldnt read a single character of JP and it took us nearly an hour to figure out how to party up with each other. But despite that we where able to play the import and realized how awesome the direction Sega wanted to take this game would be. So we knew we had to pick the American version of this game up on day one as many others here did as well. A stagnent start at first, but once the updates started coming, the awesomness was through the roof, and will go even higher with every coming update. The community was bustling with activity and an air of exciting optimism filled the community. We should remember that feeling, and the reason why we play. Menuvering the precipice of our futuristic dungeons, Staying up till midnight trying to defeat that one boss. Or just having good laughs with your friends and reminiscing over your foolish antics or personal anecdotes. All while at the same time, looking stylish.

I do not mean to cause any disrespect to those who have lost items of much value becuase of Sega's ineptitude. But this my friends, this sitiuation in which we find ourself, here is where we the community must do our job. They can take away our PM's, they can take away the legitamacy of our mesetas, they can give our game horrible ratings talk what ever trash they want, but they CAN'T take away your spirit, your character, our community! Me must do away with all these negative mood causing topics and look towards the future. Me must put forth our best foot foward and aid everyone of our fallen comrades. We must create an air of goodwill, and hope, rather then the stagnant air of cynicism and malignant feelings.

and through this network of goodwill, PSU shall once again rise and reclaim its deserving spot as greatest game that never went mainstream.

Remember the good times!
Remember the laughs!
Remember the updates!
Remember the future possibilties!
Remember PSU!

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 21, 2006, 04:45 AM
um.. ok.

i like the game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Jedah
Dec 21, 2006, 04:52 AM
Good Job, Tau Commander.

PSU will pick up again... just like the Necrons.

Shaidar
Dec 21, 2006, 05:29 AM
The game is still great fun to play, and I've got some great friends to play together with. Hence, I don't feel any despair.

Silenced
Dec 21, 2006, 06:13 AM
On 2006-12-21 01:43, AC9breaker wrote:
They can take away our PM's, they can take away the legitamacy of our mesetas, they can give our game horrible ratings talk what ever trash they want, but they CAN'T take away your spirit, your character, our community!

Rofl, can't wait for one of the hackers to break into the server system and plant some trojan so he can PK anyone who tics him off. That'll be the day -_-

Sinue_v2
Dec 21, 2006, 06:26 AM
They can take away our PM's, they can take away the legitamacy of our mesetas, they can give our game horrible ratings talk what ever trash they want, but they CAN'T take away your spirit, your character, our community!

You know... a long time ago my friend Bobs_Hardware from the PSX2Central forums sent me a photoshop he did of Mel Gibson from Braveheart. He was bloody, and screaming - with his sword raised high. He had a gigantic nipple for a sheild, and a woman's butt/crotch for a helmet. It struck me as increadibly funny.

I get tht mental image everytime someone makes a Braveheart reference in these forums when talking about legits vs. cheaters.

I wish I could post it here in these threads... but I'd probably get in trouble.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-12-21 03:29 ]</font>

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 21, 2006, 06:31 AM
you can pm it to me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif im intrested. I used to play with photoshop every night... gives me somthing to do but stoped.

hmm I may start a photoshop thread where we post a game image and have at it or somthing. sounds like good fun.

Spacepest
Dec 21, 2006, 06:52 AM
On 2006-12-21 03:31, ViciousXUSMC wrote:

hmm I may start a photoshop thread where we post a game image and have at it or somthing. sounds like good fun.

Oh good gawd that sounds funny. I don't have photoshop my PC anymore (unfortunately) but I'd love to see some altered PSU photos. I sooooo wish I had photoshop to alter some of the current PSU pic's i've taken (or, at the very least, make a very funny sig).

Yeah, I'd love to see a thread where people post random game images so everyone else can have fun with them.

Sinue_v2
Dec 21, 2006, 07:22 AM
I'll have to see if I can dig it up... it was a LONG time ago tho.

AC9breaker
Dec 21, 2006, 11:22 AM
Hi guys! Whats going on in this thread?

Rizen
Dec 21, 2006, 12:03 PM
YEAHHH!!! RELIVE THE PHANTASY! FOR THE FUTURE OF PSU!
*gets pumped up and runs out to the field only to get 1 shotted by a Rappy*
...There goes that breeze again...

But in all seriousness, people really need to rework the way they play PSU. Personally, I play for the community and to hang out with friends, even meet new ones. Yeah, the hacking is a major downer, but Its not going to keep me from playing. And remember, this is the holiday session, CHEER UP! Go out and do something good for a fellow player, make yourself feel better!

panzer_unit
Dec 21, 2006, 01:08 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I play for the game itself as much as for the online aspect. It's fun, way more so for gameplay than PSO. Getting levels and job ranks and money is only so I can equip more weapon classes, and do harder missions.

HiKeRI
Dec 21, 2006, 01:41 PM
*RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWRRRRRRR!@!* -Rips shirt off-

PaladinRPG
Dec 21, 2006, 02:24 PM
There were hackers in PSO, and it didn't stop me from having my fun times and good memories, so what makes you think this (largely expected) run of bad news will? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AC9breaker
Dec 21, 2006, 02:30 PM
Its not really about the hackers, its everything in general that has been happening. The hackers are just part of the whole equation. So lets factor this trinomial, Get our perfect squares and solve for X!

I would also like to note, I've never seen Braveheart before, haha.

PaladinRPG
Dec 21, 2006, 02:41 PM
On 2006-12-21 11:30, AC9breaker wrote:
Its not really about the hackers, its everything in general that has been happening. The hackers are just part of the whole equation. So lets factor this trinomial, Get our perfect squares and solve for X!

I would also like to note, I've never seen Braveheart before, haha.

Other than hearing of others misfortune I personally have been having a blast. I've still got a very long laundry list of goals yet to accomplish, and that'll keep me playing a long time to come. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PMB960
Dec 21, 2006, 02:56 PM
The problem all this negative talk makes it sound like this game is worse than PSO DC. I don't think we have close to even 1/100th of the dupers/hackers as there were on PSO GC. People are making a huge freakin deal about absolutely nothing. Yes it sucks people were PM bombed or had items taken but this has happened to what maybe 50 people. Even if it was 100 people that isn't even 1% of the population of PSU.

mogshaz
Dec 21, 2006, 02:59 PM
On 2006-12-21 11:56, PMB960 wrote:
The problem all this negative talk makes it sound like this game is worse than PSO DC. I don't think we have close to even 1/100th of the dupers/hackers as there were on PSO GC. People are making a huge freakin deal about absolutely nothing. Yes it sucks people were PM bombed or had items taken but this has happened to what maybe 50 people. Even if it was 100 people that isn't even 1% of the population of PSU.

yay! the "Its not as bad as..." argument. The fact that its not as bad as one of the most hacked online games to come out in the past 10 years doesn't console me. You do know your giving Sega money for this service right?

Witchblade56
Dec 21, 2006, 03:14 PM
AC9 nice post.

Im with jagdpanzer too I play the game for the game and keep to my circle of friends mostly.

Im gunna PM jag too lol ive been afk or semi-afk taking care of last minute homeworks stuffs when hes sent invites to do S rank neudaiz runs :/ Sorry ._.

Weak
Dec 21, 2006, 03:29 PM
I'm scared.

AtomicHunter
Dec 21, 2006, 03:37 PM
Hi i play on 360 and reading these forums i did not realize PS2 and PC players had it this bad, is it really as grim and desolate as this,its to bad I have many friends on 360 and we have a blast I guess my advice is come on over to where the photons are greener on the 360 and good luck with those Fn hackers
Ajax lvl 60 CAST Fortegunner lvl 6
Atomic lvl 50 Human Figunner lvl 2

Pure-chan
Dec 21, 2006, 03:41 PM
On 2006-12-21 11:59, mogshaz wrote:

yay! the "Its not as bad as..." argument. The fact that its not as bad as one of the most hacked online games to come out in the past 10 years doesn't console me. You do know your giving Sega money for this service right?

Can you give us an example of a p2p action RPG for PC that isn't hacked, scripted, botted or RMT'd? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif I'd rather enjoy the game than fret over duped money or someone stealing my sunflowers.

panzer_unit
Dec 21, 2006, 03:46 PM
On 2006-12-21 12:14, Witchblade56 wrote:

Im gunna PM jag too lol ive been afk or semi-afk taking care of last minute homeworks stuffs when hes sent invites to do S rank neudaiz runs :/ Sorry ._.

No problems here Witchblade, whenever I don't have friends handy I go make some more. Take care of business first then gimme a shout.

mogshaz
Dec 21, 2006, 04:09 PM
On 2006-12-21 12:41, Pure-chan wrote:

On 2006-12-21 11:59, mogshaz wrote:

Can you give us an example of a p2p action RPG for PC that isn't hacked, scripted, botted or RMT'd? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif I'd rather enjoy the game than fret over duped money or someone stealing my sunflowers.

I honestly couldn't tell you the name of such a game, But i also don't pay any of the developers of those games monthly fees for "server upkeep". The funny thing is people who stay faithful to PSU after all the problems aren't just setting the bar low, They are judging this game based on the standard set by PSO. A game that had bad security something like 8 years ago.

Honestly, if you are having your stuff stolen and your hard earned money becoming meaningless and then just accepting it as "well that kind of thing will happen" You are just being a punching bag.

Pure-chan
Dec 21, 2006, 06:08 PM
On 2006-12-21 13:09, mogshaz wrote:

On 2006-12-21 12:41, Pure-chan wrote:

I honestly couldn't tell you the name of such a game, But i also don't pay any of the developers of those games monthly fees for "server upkeep". The funny thing is people who stay faithful to PSU after all the problems aren't just setting the bar low, They are judging this game based on the standard set by PSO. A game that had bad security something like 8 years ago.

That's because there isn't one. If you like a game, you deal with it. If you don't like it, you move on, (or better yet, save yourself the frustration and just quit gaming online). It's pretty much common knowledge that you'll come across asshattery in one form or another in an online game; exponentially so when the game is a Phantasy Star title.

On 2006-12-21 13:09, mogshaz wrote:

Honestly, if you are having your stuff stolen and your hard earned money becoming meaningless and then just accepting it as "well that kind of thing will happen" You are just being a punching bag.

Well honestly, some of us had the foresight to set up shop on a mule with a level 1 PM from the beginning. So fortunately, I haven't been robbed, or had my pm bombed. Neither have any of my friends. Likewise, my money isn't meaningless because I only play with a static group.

I've always kept my non-shop rooms locked. I don't card people that I don't know, etc. I don't play on massively populated ships, either. ...Lo and behold, I haven't run into a hacker yet.

The nice part is that I haven't had to make any adjustments to my playstyle since the announcement of pm bombing/room decor stealing, becuase I started out playing that way. Moreover, I'd play PSU the same way, even if it were flawless and hacking was 100% impossible, because it's just where my preferences lay.

Truthfully, it's all about where you set your expectations. I fully expected PSU to be somewhat safer than PSO, but still with an element of hacking. So far, that's precisely where we are at, so I'm not the least bit disappointed. ...Sorry, but people that bought into the idea that server-side saving somehow made the game 100% secure, (and are now running around screaming about how the sky is falling) are the real punching bags.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-12-21 15:12 ]</font>

Kesena1Tsum1
Dec 21, 2006, 06:14 PM
Yay for PSU!

mogshaz
Dec 21, 2006, 06:21 PM
well pure-chan, we can't all have your amazing foresight and low expectations. I want to say ST can do better and they are just being negligent, but i actually think they might just be inept.

Choja
Dec 21, 2006, 06:43 PM
You know, I should be commanding the PSU Happy Squad. I call dibs on the Striker.