PDA

View Full Version : Wartecher, information needed.

Lavinia
Dec 21, 2006, 12:42 PM
Ok, I'm thinking of going wartecher, i would like to hear from some what is the best and the worst for this type?

Dhylec
Dec 21, 2006, 12:43 PM
You can also use the guide in the sticky list as a read on WT.

HiKeRI
Dec 21, 2006, 12:43 PM
You fight and heal, use a few weapons, and haves a high chance to solo, thats about it.

Lavinia
Dec 21, 2006, 12:44 PM
Would humans make a good Wartecher since they get bonus stats?

Yoruichi
Dec 21, 2006, 12:47 PM
Indeed, they would use 100% of the class as a whole just not 110% in some areas like the offbalanced classes aka beast/newman using extremes

Lavinia
Dec 21, 2006, 12:48 PM
ok ty, i just needed those questions answered, i was going to take Seraph Wartecher but his TP is way low

Yoruichi
Dec 21, 2006, 12:59 PM
My beast goes wartecher at times, I just rely more on high affinity weapons than spells. All I use is resta and reverser while my party/npcs do most of the weapon. If anything I handle physical CC with daggers, spears etc if I'm not healing. This is my prefered playstyle when I'm not fortefighter, the big drawback to beast wartecher is not the misses (not that bad even on S rank non LL missions, then again I flank alot unless I'm using kabura weapons <3 alteric bow high ata and damage) but indeed low ata. I can't use the first fan at 50/1 where as my fortefighter could use all weapons from the jump(cept the first pistol ugh), I prob won't be able to use fans for quite awhile as a beast.

Laranas
Dec 21, 2006, 01:09 PM
My Human WT is a pretty wellrounded guy at WT Lv3.. he can support the whole party if needed, SE with Bow/Cards or shoot down flying monsters with range (with good dmg, 320~ off the Bow).. and break out the Twin Daggers if there's not enough power on the frontlines. He's also pretty durable, nothing Onma threw at him killed him without buffs on, and he survived the firey hell of 4 Vandas easily.

Gamemako
Dec 21, 2006, 01:50 PM
On 2006-12-21 09:48, Lavinia wrote:
ok ty, i just needed those questions answered, i was going to take Seraph Wartecher but his TP is way low

Beast wartechers aren't bad. They are simply more melee-based than human or newman. They use buffs and debuffs effectively. They won't ever be great casters of anything except buffs and debuffs and megiverse, but they're not completely inept, either. You should talk to Shima about beast wartechers; he has one on JP.

//EDIT: Grammatical error rectified.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gamemako on 2006-12-21 10:50 ]</font>

Kent
Dec 21, 2006, 02:00 PM
Well, Wartecher's specialty, is versatility, and this is most prevalent in Humans.

However, as other races, you have to specialize moreso in what your race is good at, while using the other styles to a lesser extent, based on preference.

By no means, however, should you ignore anything you can do well. Just because you're a Beast, doesn't mean you shouldn't nuke - it does mean you should wait to do your nuking until Nosmegid comes out, since its damage is based on HP, but you should carry wands for healing, regardless, and use de/buffs once they're available.

MegaBUD
Dec 21, 2006, 02:31 PM
take human... or beast... newman got the worst atp ever... that mean it will take forever to use A rank Weapon...

or if u want be more "magic" wartecher use a newman... or a forthtecher http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kei-Z
Dec 21, 2006, 03:19 PM
Well, a beast wartecher leans more towards the melee side, however, by no means is their casting ability useless. Even with attack techs they can still do pretty nice damage if equipped correctly. Beast wartechers are very good statiscally because their tp problem is an easy one to fix really, but their physical stats cannot be replicated by the other races even with equipment. If you wanna' go beast, I'd suggest you either using te-senba or rabol danga for armor. (I like te-senba for its stats) These armors have the slots you need. Use the head slot to boost tp and the arm slot for accuracy. Next, get a 6* wand and grind it. It'll be stronger than the 7* for right now because A rank weaps can't be grinded yet. You can easily get a 6* wand to grind 6 safely with high grinders and then your tp will be good enough to do some good tech damage. I'd suggest using the 6* wand w'gacros since it's the strongest. Do all this and you'll be setting yourself up for success with the beast wartecher. at level 52 and wartecher lvl 3, I've done all this and my lvl 13 resta is strong enough to support the entire party. I hope this helps your decision some Lavinia. Trust me, if you pick the beast wartecher, you won't regret it. The beast will get some nice perks later on too that make it the most unique of all the wartechers.

Pentence
Dec 21, 2006, 04:20 PM
Well being the male beast wartecher definitly makes you lean twords close combat however i have a gi/magic at all times.With that and a acc arm slot item and a well grinded tenora cane i can make up for my shortcomeings.Also haveing horrid ata them techs come in awfuly handy for swarm type enemys and other hard to hit things.

Gazette
Dec 21, 2006, 04:40 PM
You're going to get a huge debate out of this.
I'll try to sum it up though.

Beast: Awesome ATP, DEF, HP.
Makes for a frontline fighter type of Wartecher, capable of taking hits and dishing out damage.
Their nanoblast is a nice perk too.

On the down side they have some pretty bad TAP, the fix comes in using stronger wands, but it requires some grinding as well if you wanna match up to other races' TAP. Also Wartecher has bad ATA, that coupled with a Beasts' ATA means you might miss a bit on high evasion monsters. Just attack them from the side or behind in such cases.
If you plan to mostly melee and just cast a buff or heal every so often. Go Beast.

Human: Simply put, they're the most balanced class for this job.
They don't have as much ATP or HP as a Beast, but they have much more TAP.
Play this if you want a nice balance.

Honestly I believe these two are the best, STATS wise that is.

You can try Newman as I did if you like, they requires you lean on your techs a little more and take some caution while fighting head on. They tend to make up for the accuracy loss when going Wartecher with the high ATA.Be weary of your HP though, I've never been one shotted but I have been knocked about a few times.

I really wouldn't recommend Cast for this job, considering their TAP is so low.But then again, you're free to choose at your own discretion.

They just seem better suited for Guntecher, or Figunner.
(If you disagree, then whatever)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2006-12-21 13:49 ]</font>

chibiLegolas
Dec 21, 2006, 05:36 PM
On a similiar note, has there been official info released on the buff/debuff techs in the released guide or the website?

One can argue that the WT can just cast the appropriate tech to make up for their race's shortcomings. But does TAP factor in on the strength of the buff/debuffs?
If so, then it's another stradegy the newmans have over the other races for WT. More TAP and points to keep casting them on yourself and your teammates.

We'll have to revisit this topic once we find out more info on the buff/debuff techs.

Gazette
Dec 21, 2006, 05:53 PM
TAP does not come into play when buffing according to the JP.
Each buff raises stats by a fixed amount.
Shifta 1~10 (Level 1 Buff) 11~20 (Level 2 Buff) 21~30 (Level 3 Buff)

The only thing that changes as you level it is supposed to be duration.
I really do with it was different, but it seems Sega Team decided to reduce its effectiveness.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2006-12-21 14:55 ]</font>

Bleemo
Dec 21, 2006, 06:16 PM
Keep in mind Beast TAP is negligible. It's much harder to come ahead of Beast in ATP and HP than it is for a Beast to come near Human in TAP. If you enjoy casting a little more than meleeing, Human would probably be your choice. That is if you don't plan on taking advantage of the megid tech that deals damage based on HP, which Beasts will deal a lot more damage with. Otherwise, Beast comes out ahead statistically.

Gamemako
Dec 21, 2006, 06:17 PM
Here we are...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/jusmailuck/stats.jpg

Make your own appraisal.

Gazette
Dec 21, 2006, 06:45 PM
Hehe, I posted that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Gamemako
Dec 21, 2006, 07:29 PM
On 2006-12-21 15:45, Gazette wrote:
Hehe, I posted that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I know. <3

It's the greatest deterrent ever to the ZOMG WARTECHER FLAME WAUGH!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gamemako on 2006-12-21 16:30 ]</font>