PDA

View Full Version : Do you wish for a "Gunfighter" Class?

SolomonGrundy
Dec 21, 2006, 01:08 PM
I kinda wish they had dumped Protranser in favor of a Skills 20, Bullets 30 "gun fighter" type class

So many ranger weapons are dependent on 21+ bullets to be useful (crossbows, shotguns, for example) it seems a pity there is not some class that goes that route (and don't get me started on how bad Protranser is)

Lower HP/ATP/DFP that a Figunner, Higher ATA/EVP/MST

Sychosis
Dec 21, 2006, 01:09 PM
I want a fightecher and techgunner...

Shade-
Dec 21, 2006, 01:11 PM
Yeah, I wanted to do Figunner, untill I realized I couldn't get 3 shots on the crossbow with the 20 bullet cap. That sorta ruined my dreams http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

SabZero
Dec 21, 2006, 01:12 PM
Yep, that's exactly what I invisioned http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif However, I do currently more damage with twin guns than twin saber (I don't count the spear PA http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif). So I guess it's ok for now.

Who knows, they might introduce more classes, sort of sub-expert whatever..

Shade-
Dec 21, 2006, 01:24 PM
Actually, I would have really liked a way to make custom classes. Some system where you have a certain number of "points" that go toward PA max levels, weapon ranks, and other assorted things. From that my guess is there would be some way to calculate the stat growth for you, as well as if you get PP save or PP regen.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 21, 2006, 01:32 PM
i kinda wished that there were both alternatives, so there would be like 10 classes, like fighgunner, guntecher, wartecher, and the fortes but also add in something like a gunfighter(more ranger than hunter), techfighter(more hunter than force), and techgunner(more force than ranger) or something like that.

Rizen
Dec 21, 2006, 01:36 PM
On 2006-12-21 10:08, SolomonGrundy wrote:
I kinda wish they had dumped Protranser in favor of a Skills 20, Bullets 30 "gun fighter" type class

So many ranger weapons are dependent on 21+ bullets to be useful (crossbows, shotguns, for example) it seems a pity there is not some class that goes that route (and don't get me started on how bad Protranser is)

I have to ask you have you leveled a Protranser yet and if so to what extent?

Dhylec
Dec 21, 2006, 01:48 PM
On 2006-12-21 10:32, Shiroryuu wrote:
i kinda wished that there were both alternatives, so there would be like 10 classes, like fighgunner, guntecher, wartecher, and the fortes but also add in something like a gunfighter(more ranger than hunter), techfighter(more hunter than force), and techgunner(more force than ranger) or something like that.

Intersting, I have simliar thinking.
It's a wish now, but hey, it could happen. ;]

Cracka_J
Dec 21, 2006, 01:59 PM
On 2006-12-21 10:12, SabZero wrote:
Who knows, they might introduce more classes, sort of sub-expert whatever..

I would much enjoy "master" or "ultimate" classes based on the combinations people have already stated. We can only wait and see.

panzer_unit
Dec 21, 2006, 02:07 PM
On 2006-12-21 10:08, SolomonGrundy wrote:

Play a ForteGunner if you want to do that.

Yeah, you're losing out on a little PA damage (the first move is less damaging than the next two) and mostly the ability to kick mobs away compared to 2-hit PA combos... but overall they're barely behind FighGunner for ATP and can dual wield any of the 1h guns with saber or dagger.

... what specifically is wrong with Protranser? Just wondering, 'cause I've been feeling pretty good playing mine ever since I got comfy with it after a couple days in rank 1.

Reiichi
Dec 21, 2006, 02:10 PM
I wish figunners had more ranged weapons besides just twins and mechguns. Crossbows with 20 bullets only = fail, and everyone can use pistols. Mechguns are either a love it or hate it gun, so in the end the only ranged weapon they get are twin pistols. What I would do for a rifle to at least allow me to stick SE3 -_- but I guess I can use traps for that too.

Realmz
Dec 21, 2006, 02:25 PM
On 2006-12-21 11:07, panzer_unit wrote:
Play a ForteGunner if you want to do that.

Yeah, you're losing out on a little PA damage (the first move is less damaging than the next two) and mostly the ability to kick mobs away compared to 2-hit PA combos... but overall they're barely behind FighGunner for ATP and can dual wield any of the 1h guns with saber or dagger.

your not really missing anything seeing as the only melee weapons fortegunners can use are daggers and sabers, daggers have a knock down, and sabers knock into the air, thats really all we need for melee =p

and the only thing thats wrong with protranser is that it just takes a bit longer to get to it's "sweet spot" while other classes get bakc their stat changes sooner

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Realmz on 2006-12-21 11:27 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Dec 21, 2006, 03:01 PM
On 2006-12-21 10:36, Rizen wrote:

I have to ask you have you leveled a Protranser yet and if so to what extent?

I do not, I am admittedly a nephyte, but I can tell you the prospect of leveling 3 classes, and waiting until a high class elvel for my stats to recover is...disconcerting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2006-12-21 13:04 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Dec 21, 2006, 03:12 PM
James Brown said it best: "payin' the cost to be the boss"

Classes that awesome don't come easy.

McLaughlin
Dec 21, 2006, 03:23 PM
On 2006-12-21 12:01, SolomonGrundy wrote:
ARP: I do not, I am admittedly a nephyte, but I can tell you the prospect of leveling 3 classes, and waiting until a high class elvel for my stats to recover is...disconcerting.

Class LV 4 Is not "high".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-12-21 12:27 ]</font>

Ryoki
Dec 21, 2006, 03:58 PM
On 2006-12-21 10:11, Shade- wrote:
Yeah, I wanted to do Figunner, untill I realized I couldn't get 3 shots on the crossbow with the 20 bullet cap. That sorta ruined my dreams http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

You got to be fucking kidding me. If you say crossbows are worthless without level 20 bullets, I am going to tear my freakin hair out. I spent the last 3 days saving up to buy one...wtf....

SolomonGrundy
Dec 21, 2006, 04:06 PM

correct, class level 4 is not high. You need class level 5 however, making it the most diffucult expert class to qualify for...AND you don't get to use techs, though you went through FO training.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

SolomonGrundy
Dec 21, 2006, 04:07 PM
You got to be fucking kidding me. If you say crossbows are worthless without level 20 bullets, I am going to tear my freakin hair out. I spent the last 3 days saving up to buy one...wtf....

he is not kidding you. Hey, sell it in a shop, get some $$$ back http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Sakura123
Dec 21, 2006, 04:18 PM
They should just name figunner quickfighter/figurefighter/finessefighter or hell even space assasins, rogues, thief or whatever xD.

The name is missleading. Figunners are just fortefighters but specialized in fast weaponry, combos and evasion. Being able to equip Twin Guns is just a plus.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sakura123 on 2006-12-21 13:21 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Dec 21, 2006, 05:23 PM
On 2006-12-21 13:06, SolomonGrundy wrote:

correct, class level 4 is not high. You need class level 5 however, making it the most diffucult expert class to qualify for...AND you don't get to use techs, though you went through FO training.

You'd be a complete failure as a Protranser if you wasted all your force time using techs instead of bow skills. It should be obvious, but I'll say it anyway just in case.

For the record the skills I learned in 5 ranks of force:
Bow elements 10/10/10/9, Resta 3, Reverser 1

VanHalen
Dec 21, 2006, 05:24 PM
grr solomongrundy i said that name 1st lol. anyway that would be a fun class if they can get rifles i was a little disappointed that figunners couldnt get those

Ronzeru
Dec 21, 2006, 05:48 PM
On 2006-12-21 12:23, Zeta wrote:

On 2006-12-21 12:01, SolomonGrundy wrote:
ARP: I do not, I am admittedly a nephyte, but I can tell you the prospect of leveling 3 classes, and waiting until a high class elvel for my stats to recover is...disconcerting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-12-21 12:27 ]</font>

It isn't "high" their just lazy and want to be uber 'now' without working towards it.

Here's a tip. Save the uberness for the badasses. You can just watch us as we soar. ^_-z

SolomonGrundy
Dec 21, 2006, 05:49 PM
You'd be a complete failure as a Protranser if you wasted all your force time using techs instead of bow skills. It should be obvious, but I'll say it anyway just in case.

For the record the skills I learned in 5 ranks of force:
Bow elements 10/10/10/9, Resta 3, Reverser 1

that is pretty helpful, in truth. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Kinda the way I'm going to run the force aspect of my guntecker (saber PA/resta/reverser/Bow)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2006-12-21 14:49 ]</font>

Arieta
Dec 21, 2006, 06:03 PM
On 2006-12-21 12:58, Ryoki wrote:

I wouldn't say they're worthless, just not as good as they could be if they had 21+ bullets. At 21+ they get a 3 bullet spread. At only 20 they have a two bullet spread in a V shape. It's still good, just not as good. I kinda like twin handguns though, sure they don't last long because A versions are GRM and they have sucky regen, but they pump out some really nice damage. I do 200x2 with my 8* guns.

Ryoki
Dec 21, 2006, 07:19 PM
On 2006-12-21 15:03, Arieta wrote:

On 2006-12-21 12:58, Ryoki wrote:

yeah, grundy, go to hell. I bought it anyways, and it is powerful, and once i get it to 20, i can change class if i really want, right? You can't even compare twin handguns to them, and i love twin handguns. Twins are for zooming in and shooting and inflicting status effects, and the crossbow is the figunners answer to a shotgun, even with two-spread.

I wouldn't say they're worthless, just not as good as they could be if they had 21+ bullets. At 21+ they get a 3 bullet spread. At only 20 they have a two bullet spread in a V shape. It's still good, just not as good. I kinda like twin handguns though, sure they don't last long because A versions are GRM and they have sucky regen, but they pump out some really nice damage. I do 200x2 with my 8* guns.

PMB960
Dec 21, 2006, 08:56 PM
On 2006-12-21 10:32, Shiroryuu wrote:

I think you can get the more ranger than hunter if you change you race. For example a techfighter could be a beast Wartecher since they would have less TP than other Wartechers and more ATP just because of their starting stats. It might not make a huge difference but maybe thats why they didn't do as many advanced classes.