PDA

View Full Version : Mega / Rainbow ?

Ronin1of47
Dec 21, 2006, 06:07 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/3/1031/mega_rainbow/
[url]
i have a Question about the Mega / Rainbow body unit

"Elemental def. 8%" is that for all elements or is it just for the element of your armor?

Kesena1Tsum1
Dec 21, 2006, 06:08 PM
Its like an overall 8% to all elements i believe o.o

Arieta
Dec 21, 2006, 06:08 PM
My *guess* is that it's just for the element that your armor is currently.

Tomeeboy
Dec 21, 2006, 06:17 PM
I believe it is a +8% bonus to ALL elemental resistances.

Remedy
Dec 21, 2006, 06:25 PM
Yeah, it's 8% for all elements. I need to actually document my testing that I did, but I did some testing first day after patch, and it works like I'd told everyone it worked. :3

SonicTMP
Dec 21, 2006, 06:34 PM
Shoudl be all elements but works great as a boost to whatever your weaing. Damage differance is wide in S rank depending on your armor.

Ronin1of47
Dec 21, 2006, 06:35 PM
thanks to all

Banert
Dec 21, 2006, 06:41 PM
How would that work? an 8% to ice would reduce ice damage by 8% but increase the damage by 8% because of the fire bonus, making it 0. When you equip ice armor you become ice, and you take more damage from fire.

Remedy
Dec 21, 2006, 06:47 PM
Well, I believe that it checks each one in turn. Like, for some pseudocode:

damage incoming
get damage element
check resistance of armor
if armor has resistance to this element, multiply by modifier
check units
if unit has resistance to this element, multiply by modifier

Each resistance seems to be separate and distinct from the other five, so it functions without providing maluses.

Seyren
Dec 22, 2006, 04:57 AM
Is that unit worth owning? I mean outside of trying to boost your megid resistance. I can't decide between Mega/Wall and Mega/Rainbow.

Remedy
Dec 22, 2006, 05:03 AM
Well, let's see.

Mega/Wall: 14 DFP, 14 EVP
Mega/Rainbow: 8% total damage reduction

You tell me.

Gamemako
Dec 22, 2006, 12:36 PM
On 2006-12-22 02:03, Remedy wrote:
Well, let's see.

You tell me.

Assuming you're correct about the reduction and it is not a bug, anyway.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 22, 2006, 12:37 PM
As a Fortecher I absolutely love my Mega/Rainbow and Mega/Stamina units on my neutral Hoza-Senba, as well as my Dark Megaline.

Reiichi
Dec 22, 2006, 12:41 PM
how much damage reduction does 14 DFP give?

Merumeru
Dec 22, 2006, 12:45 PM
ahh too much numbers to crunch XD im just gunna go with percentages being better than solid numbers in the long run <3

Garnet_Moon
Dec 22, 2006, 12:45 PM
EVP is overrated. Sure, as a Newman Fortecher I block like 2 out of every 5 hits thrown at me(sometimes alot more), but what i'd kill for is less EVP and more HP. Try to cast Resta when a bunch of Worms gang up on you. Either you're on the floor half the time, blocking half the time, or dead half the time. That was alot of halves, but somehow it equals a whole. >.>

As for your question on DFP? I don't know your level but odds are you probably won't notice it. It was a cute unit when we had nothing else to equip but now it's kind of... meh.

Ronzeru
Dec 22, 2006, 12:51 PM
On 2006-12-22 09:36, Gamemako wrote:

On 2006-12-22 02:03, Remedy wrote:
Well, let's see.

You tell me.

Assuming you're correct about the reduction and it is not a bug, anyway.

This is some bullshit. I just bought both of these, and i'm taking less damage from physical attacks with Mega/Wall than I am with Mega/Rainbow. I even did the new S Dragon run, and i'd take more damage with Mega/Rainbow on everytime he tailswipes me. Only thing it was good for was the dragon's fire breath.

Ronzeru
Dec 22, 2006, 12:52 PM
I honestly think physical attacks and melee attacks are getting confused.

Schubalts
Dec 22, 2006, 01:09 PM
Eh, if Rainbow gives a bonus to every element, wouldn't that be just like NOT having any elements? The bonus would make you take more damage from, say, fire, but then the bonus to fire resistance would reduce the damage to normal right? Confusing unit to me.

Witchblade56
Dec 22, 2006, 02:19 PM
elemental dmg =/= physical.

I think its situational for melee, the rainbow should be used by forces since often times they have some sort of elemental attack shot at them at a distance.

Mega wall in most cases > rainbow for us melee types. Id have to say though slapping on a rainbow in Linear Line S with dark armor helps alot when fighting deljabans as fighgunner or for that matter using it in conjunction with fire armor for the dragons breath attacks Ron. Youre right though it sux ass otherwise if were taking a beating from standard melee attacks. Mega wall when dealing with mobs that use purely physical type attacks for sure.

No the rainbow doesnt cause weakness to other elements. Try it on and see.

Too bad we cant write macros for equip switching at the last minute . . .

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2006-12-22 11:26 ]</font>

Ronzeru
Dec 22, 2006, 02:32 PM
Yea I tested it out and figured as much. It's really situational, so now I have both for when i'm fighting in a area where i'll be taking more physical damage if hit than elemental damage.

But I don't know where everyone got the info from, but a punch from a normal mob isn't as elemental as a projectile from'em of fire or ice or megid.

Witchblade56
Dec 22, 2006, 02:43 PM
Its nice though Humans dont have to worry about needing that extra slot [unless they want the me/restore unit or the dark heart when it comes out].

Im just waiting til my PM hits 100 pure armor to fire up two sori armors -_-. I've sold alot of a ranks to pay for the two synths :/ I'm hoping they both come out ok.

Mystil
Dec 22, 2006, 02:46 PM
On 2006-12-22 09:52, Ronzeru wrote:

I don't understand this either.. when I think about these two terms, I think about fists and daggers being classified as "melee attacks".

etlitch
Dec 22, 2006, 02:47 PM
+2STA for extra slot /saves your ass from megid 'n' stuff.

Ronzeru
Dec 22, 2006, 04:27 PM
On 2006-12-22 11:46, Mystil wrote:

On 2006-12-22 09:52, Ronzeru wrote:

I don't understand this either.. when I think about these two terms, I think about fists and daggers being classified as "melee attacks".

That's my fault, I said that wrong. I meant melee/physical attacks, and elemental attacks getting confused.

Elemental attacks aren't normal strikes of the enemise, but special technique PAs they use, and spells.