PDA

View Full Version : I need a PM opinion.

Zorafim
Dec 21, 2006, 11:34 PM
I'm primarily a hunter, so I want to make a striking PM. However, I like the look of the 430 much more than any other PM. So, should I make a pm with 30 ranged and 70 strike, or make two PMs, one that's pure ranged and another that's pure striking? The second way, I'd have to exert more effort, but I'll be able to synth twice as many things, while the first one is easier and would make me feel more personal with my PM.
Also, should I bother making a pure armor PM? More protection and customizable armor is always a good thing.

-Ryuki-
Dec 21, 2006, 11:36 PM
I'm a ForteFighter, who wants a PM 430. Is that wierd? If not, then go for pro, and get one yourself, too.

-Crokar-
Dec 21, 2006, 11:37 PM
well its really expensive to raise pms. i raised one with striking and now im going to do a pure ranged. i would suggest just making a puire striking if your a hunter

Zorafim
Dec 21, 2006, 11:52 PM
The problem is, I really dislike the look of the 410. I don't want anything like that near me. I'd much rather have the Amish gunner on my character. I would very well make an alternate character to raise a 410 if that would mean easier weapons, but not on my main character.

AeraLure
Dec 21, 2006, 11:53 PM
Well, since you mention synthing and using your PM for that, my advice is make them as pure as you can. To that end, make two: the 430 you want due to looks (but it will also have the ability to synth ranged weaponry) and the 410 which you would enjoy for synthing striking weaponry which of course helps your main character.

I might have said just make the mixed 430 so you have the PM you like with some ability to synth, its just I think in the long run you'll be disappointed with a 70 striking PM as your striking weapon synth PM. Choose this route only if you're pretty sure synthing will be a minor thing in your grander picture.

Pure armor PM. Nice. Having an armor PM is great, but its a huge investment in materials with the biggest risk. Armor synthing makes me cry. I'd vote for making the 410, since its most useful for synthing for your class, and the 430 if you'd liek to have it. Make an armor synthing PM only after these if you think you can handle making three.

-Crokar-
Dec 21, 2006, 11:53 PM
well then go with the 430. i cant stand the 410 either.

-Ryuki-
Dec 21, 2006, 11:58 PM
Honestly, I say wait 'til the new variations of the PMs are out, that way you can actually tolerate how the PM 410 looks.

Zorafim
Dec 22, 2006, 12:19 AM
Yes, I'd be able to tolerate the 410 line, but the 430 line is so OMG I WANT. I just hope there isn't some huge downside to getting the 433 that I don't know about.
Seems like I'll just get two PMs, though I'll start with my Alt's PM first (Easier synthing and all that), then do my main's. Thanks for your input.

KiteWolfwood
Dec 22, 2006, 12:49 AM
Go with want you want. I chose a pm with a look that I wanted to take into battle. At the moment I am now farming to build my pure PM on an alt character for synthing. Sure it costs a lot but it doesn't matter since I will most likely be playing a while and so I can always get more money.