PDA

View Full Version : A letter from Sega about my Bombed PM and stolen Decos.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 22, 2006, 12:18 AM
Hey. Welp... It took about 5 days after my incident... But take a look at this.

Quote:
"Hello,

As it stands, your credit card information is inaccessible on the PSU
online servers. That information is completely inaccessible through the
game, so you should not worry about that information. It is completely
separate from the game and nobody has access to that information.

I did add you to the list of abused users for the PM bomb and missing
items. Although I can not promise you that you will be rewarded your
items back, I am currently gathering as much information as I can about
abused accounts an hopefully we should be able to implement some
safeguards with this. I'll see what I can do about getting your missing
items, but unfortunately I can not make any promises as to you getting
those items back.

Thanks for the information,

Juan
SEGA Support"

It appears they are working hard to try to find a fix. At least now, I feel a little better about what is going on in the buildings of SoA. Cheers!~

Edit: Also it appears that his sentence structure and spelling is a little off but I forgive him http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-12-21 21:53 ]</font>

Keiko_Seisha
Dec 22, 2006, 12:20 AM
Nice, atleast they took the time to respond and not just totally ignore you about it. Hopefully this means something will happen.

BloodDragoon
Dec 22, 2006, 12:25 AM
Atleast they admit there is a problem and say they're trying to fix it. I reported item theft via hacking on iRO and Gravity basically said nothing was wrong with their game and security and that it was my fault that my acct was accessed without my permission. >.> And this was long after the first time someone hacked the servers and copied all the username/pw database on iRO.

Niered
Dec 22, 2006, 12:25 AM
i just wish that they wouldve posted something like this on the official site when people first had problems with it. Had they at least acknowledged they were doing SOMETHING Im sure things wouldnt have gotten to the state of paranoia they are now. But yah, nice to hear some good news and good luck getting your items back!

Pandatron
Dec 22, 2006, 12:33 AM
Basically agreeing with what Niered said i mean yes glad that someone is actually working at sega we shall call that man "Juan" (aka Sega support used google translator and sent the inquiry to STJ they looked over it and then sent there response back xD). In either case glad their doing something though they should make it a bit more public cause alot is going on behind the scenes and personally me being a fan of this game don't like it one bit it almost feels like a cold war / iron curtain effect, we know there doing something just no idea what be it for the greater good or not.

Silenced
Dec 22, 2006, 12:57 AM
I think we'd get a lot more if we took the time to write physical mail to them and did it massively.
Second possiblity would be to recruit a few people to hack the JP servers, since that's probably the ones SEGA cares about, and they've had fewer incidents. (JK, jeez)
Thirdly, if someone knows japanese, they could write us a template letter that we can mail to SEGA in Japan. That'd be nice. And by mail, I again mean physically.

I'm pretty sure physical mail is taken more seriously, since it takes more effort and resources to send.

Calibur
Dec 22, 2006, 01:35 AM
I have mail them about 3 times...always Juan.

AnamanaAU
Dec 22, 2006, 01:42 AM
I got the same mail about a week before you got bombed, nothing's happened. It's just sugar coating a poor support situation.

Cav
Dec 22, 2006, 01:47 AM
On 2006-12-21 22:35, Calibur wrote:
I have mail them about 3 times...always Juan.

You can always trust the mexican to get the work done, so he doesn't get deported D: (before anyone screams racism I myself am mexican >.>)

Calibur
Dec 22, 2006, 02:08 AM
Actually, it makes me wonder If they have anyone else there.

Niered
Dec 22, 2006, 02:13 AM
Thats a good point, although theres also the possibility that everyone just got lucky by getting the same guy, or it could just be an alias for employees. Either/or seems likely to me.

Miyoko
Dec 22, 2006, 02:25 AM
There could also just be one person in charge of responding to emails, whom forwards the issue to other staff members...

therealAERO
Dec 22, 2006, 02:58 AM
Hey cmon guys Sega is trying to fix this. They hardware banned Nugz, and ban all sorts of offenders on that web site.

SkiLLz003
Dec 22, 2006, 03:37 AM
sega is working hard to fix all the problems out there,
the people of the psu community do not realize it but Gameguard isnt security
we the players are. and if we all work as 1 hackers will deminish 1 by 1.
if you see someone with 10mil + and every freakin A rank item x15and a half
screen shot it. get their psu id number. their name and showing the millions

send it to sega. they "WILL" do what needs to be done. even if it is an enterogation
i pick off hackers 1 by 1. they can bomb my pms hack my meseta. but that
doesnt stop me from still getting money back and remaking my pm. i play the
game for fun not riches and until people realize that they can make a difference
its gonna be a pso repeat. so for those on the band-wagon about sega not doing
something lay off. sega is no more human then you guys are, and are doing
everything they can to figure out what the chaos is and why.

be patient they will figure something out.

Remedy
Dec 22, 2006, 03:50 AM
Well, good to see they're admitting it's a problem and that they'll try to reimburse us.

I feel a lot less malicious and angry at Sega now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dragonkat
Dec 22, 2006, 10:41 AM
More I read threads like these, the more I'm conviced some people just aren't going to be happy till Yuji Naka shows up at their front door dressed as a noel rappy. Then hands them a special PSU copy and account with everythng on the JP servers too, and enough meseta and items to remake a PM ten times over.

They're bloody trying and maybe if we'd actually give them a chance they'd have more incentive to help their players.

But why help people who say they suck no matter what they say or how they act? Or just give up and quit over one hacking incident? Seems pretty pointless and petty to me.

Tenzntwentiez
Dec 22, 2006, 11:17 AM
rofl juan says a lot of things, like during my gh450 days. IMO he is just trying to calm you down.

silvanas
Dec 22, 2006, 11:20 AM
sega probably are trying to do something yknow

rvzero
Dec 22, 2006, 11:37 AM
and to think I almost gave up on them... they do have a soul afterall! =D

MORB
Dec 22, 2006, 12:00 PM
I am currently gathering as much information as I can about abused accounts an hopefully we should be able to implement some safeguards with this.

I can't help but think that from customer support-ese to plain english, it translate into:

"the guys at sega japan think that we are full of shit and we're trying to gather whatever evidence we can with the piss poor server management tools they provided us in an attempt to convince them that there is actually a problem"

Pure-chan
Dec 22, 2006, 12:09 PM
On 2006-12-21 21:18, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

Quote:

"...I'll see what I can do about getting your missing
items, but unfortunately I can not make any promises as to you getting those items back..."

Heya Dj, have you asked them what would prevent them from repairing it? It's nice to hear that they're working on a fix, but in the interim, being able to revert back to a previous save would make these 'hackers' an empty threat in a hurry.

As far as the sentence structure and spelling being a little off, that's good. It means someone on the other side is actually typing it and not a bot. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

MORB
Dec 22, 2006, 12:18 PM
On 2006-12-22 09:09, Pure-chan wrote:
Heya Dj, have you asked them what would prevent them from repairing it? It's nice to hear that they're working on a fix, but in the interim, being able to revert back to a previous save would make these 'hackers' an empty threat in a hurry.

The problem is: do they have any backup or log to be able to do that?

It would make sense, but remember that we're dealing with people who managed to develop a client/server game where you can hack money by altering values in the game client memory, which indicate without a doubt that they are incompetent fucks.

So all bets are off. It's not possible to assume that they implemented no brainer things like backups and log files.

Mystil
Dec 22, 2006, 12:23 PM
DJ... they DO NOT HAVE YOUR CC INFO. It was a JOKE and that's not even what CC stood for when he told you that. Do not worry, that goes for anyone else. And it's not even thier style!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2006-12-22 09:25 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 22, 2006, 02:03 PM
On 2006-12-22 09:23, Mystil wrote:
DJ... they DO NOT HAVE YOUR CC INFO. It was a JOKE and that's not even what CC stood for when he told you that. Do not worry, that goes for anyone else. And it's not even thier style!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2006-12-22 09:25 ]</font>

Whether a joke or not, I take it seriously when it is a threat. Especially when I am paying for a game.

As far as other questions go, I am currently compiling some questions myself in order to ask him.

Tomeeboy has also some questions already sent. We will see the full details soon.

Ghen
Dec 22, 2006, 02:46 PM
On 2006-12-22 07:41, Dragonkat wrote:
More I read threads like these, the more I'm conviced some people just aren't going to be happy till Yuji Naka shows up at their front door dressed as a noel rappy. Then hands them a special PSU copy and account with everythng on the JP servers too, and enough meseta and items to remake a PM ten times over.

They're bloody trying and maybe if we'd actually give them a chance they'd have more incentive to help their players.

But why help people who say they suck no matter what they say or how they act? Or just give up and quit over one hacking incident? Seems pretty pointless and petty to me.

I'll tell you exactly why people don't want to give Sega a chance. It's because the support for every version of this game prior to PSU has been shit-tacular. We've been down this road many times before, waiting with baited breath for their promises to yield something. They always fail us.

This game, truthfully, is not meant to be a big money maker in the states. Sonic Team only cares about their Japanese fans. Add in the fact that Sega of America could give a damn about us as well, and we are up a creek without a paddle. We are just a small amount of additional income to them, and our problems are invariably swept under the rug.

I'm so glad I have played Sega's single player games, because if all the games I had played from them were their online games, I'd have stopped buying their products long ago.

AngelLight
Dec 22, 2006, 02:54 PM
Based on some people I've talked to privately, off of this forum in addition to what I've seen here, everyone who has contacted SoA that I've talked to (myself included) has been responded to by a "Juan".

So it's either one guy, doing a form letter, that handles outgoing contacts.....or it's automated and "Juan" is the guy who originally did the automation of emailing.

Solo_Wing
Dec 22, 2006, 05:34 PM
Apparently theres a ingame GM named Juan-bot, likely the same person? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And im glad that SEGA are looking into this.

happy_cricket
Dec 22, 2006, 05:43 PM
Or it may be a contracted support center. I once worked for a place that had 4 locations in the US and one in Canada. Everyone at my center was instructed to use the name "Chris". All five hundred of us. Note the ambiguous gender. They used this as a method to be able to tell which center any issues or problems came out of if a customer got a hold of corporate, and also to protect our identities from the freaks and psychos out there. You wouldn't believe some of the truly nasty and vindictive things that some people are willing to put a simple call-center employee through if they find out your name.

mogshaz
Dec 22, 2006, 05:46 PM
On 2006-12-22 14:34, Solo_Wing wrote:
Apparently theres a ingame GM named Juan-bot, likely the same person? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And im glad that SEGA are looking into this.

eh, i really, really, really, Hope you are right and they are looking into it, BUT why haven't they been looking into it since it started? why has it taken so long for sega to just get started 'looking into it'? The e-mail is nice, but you will know they are doing something about the problem the day you log online and find release notes detailing the patch that fixed the problem.

Agne
Dec 22, 2006, 07:24 PM
it's so awesome to see ppl with no clue or understanding of what has to be done to get something fixed in an ONLINE game. it's also funny to see people think that an answer is going to be found, solved, and repaired for EVERY problem, and all instantly no less.

All i needed to hear was that they did all that they could at the time to get rid of Nugz. Everyone else maliciously hacking will soon get the same.. As for your standard duper, well that's a little harder.

And lastly, cuz it pissed me off a little. as far as i'm concerned, Sega has not failed us. Not in psu, and not in the last carnations.

were there hackers? yes.
are there always hackers in pso? yes.
are there always hackers in everygame that's online? yes.

it happened. it happens. it will always happen. in every game

that means sega has done just as much as everyone else.

the only ppl that have failed us are....
1) malicious hackers
2) ppl too caught up in their own little worlds of instant gratification
3) ppl that whine so much about hackers and dupers (which the majority of hackers/dupers aren't mailicious to either other players or the economy) that other ppl don't wanna buy the game or get a false impression about it.

honestly how many ppl play the game and how many ppl have been hacked? yet it's talked about like we have all been hacked.

i'm sorry if i'm a little jaded cuz i bought the xbox 360 version, and no i'm not touting it, i just am not living your experience right now. but seriously it couldn't be as bad as some other mmo's most of us have played.

Gazette
Dec 22, 2006, 07:33 PM
On 2006-12-22 16:24, Agne wrote:
honestly how many ppl play the game and how many ppl have been hacked? yet it's talked about like we have all been hacked.

i'm sorry if i'm a little jaded cuz i bought the xbox 360 version, and no i'm not touting it, i just am not living your experience right now. but seriously it couldn't be as bad as some other mmo's most of us have played.

At least 3 people I know have been hit.
It's kinda unnerving considering for a time they were hitting PSOW people.

If you searched PSOW on PC/PS2 right after it all went down, you'd see that a mess of them changed their ads to: Closed Due to PM bombing/hacking etc.

Aside from that a whole lot of people seemed to have just closed shop.

It's not like the economy was put at a dead stop,
But it was put on what seemed like a state of alert.
I mean it has cooled down now, but even now while searching, you can still see that some shops are closed for fear of hacks.

Agne
Dec 22, 2006, 07:35 PM
btw thanks for posting this dj, maybe ppl will start being a little less pessimistic (shyeah... right lol)

but seriously thanks.

McLaughlin
Dec 22, 2006, 07:43 PM
On 2006-12-21 21:18, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

Quote:
"Hello,

those items back.

Juan
SEGA Support"

It appears they are working hard to try to find a fix. At least now, I feel a little better about what is going on in the buildings of SoA. Cheers!~

Edit: Also it appears that his sentence structure and spelling is a little off but I forgive him http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-12-21 21:53 ]</font>

I got an email from Juan about a Technical Support issue.

He's either an automated message machine or overworked >_>

Agne
Dec 22, 2006, 07:46 PM
you know what would be seriously funny? if all these haxors are sending mail to make ppl stop getting them banned... mwahahaha

of course it's not... but it would be funny.. maybe they'd even run a little script kiddie sweat shop... lol

Silenced
Dec 23, 2006, 01:08 AM
What? I thought haxors were the one's running the techincal support at SEGA anyway. They're already doing the in-house alpha/beta/release testing *cough*broomop*cough*.

I gotta say, that e-mail sounds like a lot of PR BS... but never let optimism fail you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Choja
Dec 23, 2006, 01:36 AM
Due to the amount of pessism here, I will now refer to my second link and hope everyone's cured. Or better yet, on the border of insanity. That always works.

Sinue_v2
Dec 23, 2006, 05:37 PM
It's kinda unnerving considering for a time they were hitting PSOW people.

News Flash. You still are a target.

(Taken from another site)

Oh.. i got plans for those snitches.. pay back's a bitch

Because apperantly it isn't their own actions which are getting them banned, it's the PSOworld community. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-12-23 14:38 ]</font>

BooChan
Dec 23, 2006, 05:57 PM
Seems like sega is just implementing damage control by keeping things under wraps and discreet. And I don't think that you will get your items back. Your character info maybe saved server side but items and everything else is off the disc.

Taris
Dec 23, 2006, 06:16 PM
Side note:
The Sega people actually referred to this as "a PM bomb"?

Seems odd to me that the representive (or maybe the company) would adopt the "public"'s term for that.

ShadowHado
Dec 24, 2006, 05:55 PM
I take it you are all play PC?

I haven't heard anything about someone hacking through XBL and into PSU X360 servers?

Dragwind
Dec 24, 2006, 10:13 PM
Oh noes... I just bought psu for ps2 and havent played it yet.... I dont know if I want to get online now knowing that sega is going to treat this game the same way they treated pso =[

BloodDragoon
Dec 24, 2006, 10:23 PM
On 2006-12-24 19:13, DRAGOUSCHRIS wrote:
Oh noes... I just bought psu for ps2 and havent played it yet.... I dont know if I want to get online now knowing that sega is going to treat this game the same way they treated pso =[

Sega didn't do much to stop cheating on PSO because due to the game's design and the hardware limitations of consoles they really couldnt. Really online PSO didn't seem like much more than a internet lobby much like most FPS games.

They're banning the script kiddies causing problems and are actually trying to fix the programing holes exploited by them.

If you compare the PS2/PC PSU servers to PSO then PSU is damn near cheat free. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dragwind
Dec 24, 2006, 10:26 PM
Ahh thats good to know. Im a returning pso vet and Im just lookin to get back into the old addiction with cheat-free online play again.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 24, 2006, 11:50 PM

Quote:
"Hello,

those items back.

Juan
SEGA Support"

Edit: Also it appears that his sentence structure and spelling is a little off but I forgive him

So DJ you mean to tell me this really makes you feel better??

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/2032techsupport.jpg

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sources:

http://www.denis-talbot.com/images/logo_sega.jpg

http://www.automationdirect.com/static/CompanyInfo/Graphics/Photos/Facility/Insdie/tech_support_02_lrg.jpg

http://www.virgin.net/movies/wallpapers/images/napoleondynamite_1600.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-12-24 20:57 ]</font>

Euph
Dec 25, 2006, 08:37 AM
Dierdre I'm making that pic my desktop lol

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 26, 2006, 05:11 AM
it got alot of laughes at the offical forums, sombody had linked the pic with no cred to me or the story of why he is "Juan" so I linked it back to here.

I didnt want to put it on the offical forums tho with the "sega" logo oh well too late http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Remedy
Dec 26, 2006, 05:22 AM
On 2006-12-23 14:37, Sinue_v2 wrote:
News Flash. You still are a target. You say that with some relatively bold finality. Any proof?