PDA

View Full Version : Biting the bullet; what's up 360?

Bleemo
Dec 22, 2006, 01:14 AM
Well, after the majority of whale dung that's been going on in the PC/PS2 servers, and after blowing up my video card from over-overclocking it because of PSU's crap hardware compatibility, I've just about had it.

I'm not going to spend another $300-400 for another video card capable of running PSU beautifully and smoothly, so I've hauled out my gigantic Xbox 360, kick started it, and listened to the CD-ROM as loud as a car engine once more.

I have just started over again.

Random games alone are quite boring. Anyone interested in getting together to level their alt, or someone who had just transfered over to the 360?

I'm actually a pretty nice guy. I enjoy long walks, music, sitting on the beach watching the sunset.

Let me know if I'm the guy for you.

Sekani
Dec 22, 2006, 01:21 AM
PSU won't run on a $200 card? It can't be THAT graphically demanding....

Anyway I'm about to log on to the game now, if you see a red male CAST named "Sekani-02" or a dark-skinned female human named "Lenelle" somewhere on Universe 2, feel free to say hello.

Actually nevermind for now, they're about to shut the servers down for maintenance. Yay.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sekani on 2006-12-21 22:31 ]</font>

Cross
Dec 22, 2006, 01:33 AM
On 2006-12-21 22:21, Sekani wrote:
PSU won't run on a $200 card? It can't be THAT graphically demanding....

PSU is amazingly badly coded. I can run more advanced games that look prettier with higher settings and more options turned on, with more programs running in the background and still pull 60fps at 1600x1200, but PSU chokes in full parties at 1024x768.

Of course, the 360 version has even worse slowdown, but I've already mostly adjusted to it (count me in for the group who just switched over from PC, by the way), plus everybody gets the same slowdown there so at the very least you won't be the only one left way behind in your party.

Anyway, the point is, PSU is terribly unoptimized and requires way more hardware power than it should for far less graphical eye candy than any other game on the market today.

Edit: Melchizedek, red female Cast if you see me around.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cross on 2006-12-21 22:34 ]</font>

LightBreaker
Dec 22, 2006, 02:33 AM
Compared to PS2 360 is smooth as silk. *Transfered from PS2* Add me to your friends list. I would be glad to help you level. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Edit: Gamertag isn't showing up below so I'll post it.
LightbreakerEC

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LightBreaker on 2006-12-21 23:33 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Dec 22, 2006, 02:38 AM
Compared to my not particulary uber PC, 360 is NOT smooth as silk, in fact the slowdown is game-killing for me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I got some milage out of putting it in widescreen mode, but lacking a widescreen TV that just results in other issues for me. I'll try getting a cheap CRT monitor and forcing it into bordered mode, really seems like the only solution, anyone got any input?

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 22, 2006, 02:40 AM
my radeon 9600 >___________>
Still smooth with everything turned up to the max http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Also to note that I havent turned off my PC. Have not turned off PSU unless updates accur and yet my PC still runs this game smooth as watered down ice~

Not bad for what?... 50-60$ worth of graphics card.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-12-21 23:47 ]</font>

Xeres1712
Dec 22, 2006, 02:42 AM
Hmm, PSU runs fine with my video card.. albeit at 800x600 on medium gfx.. on a nvidia 5500 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. goes for $50 now I believe.

SolomonGrundy
Dec 22, 2006, 02:44 AM
I got some milage out of putting it in widescreen mode, but lacking a widescreen TV that just results in other issues for me. I'll try getting a cheap CRT monitor and forcing it into bordered mode, really seems like the only solution, anyone got any input?

I bought a viewsonic 20" HD LCD for $350, for the xbox360, runs very smooth, good color, and resolution.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 22, 2006, 02:49 AM
I can't afford that, these hackers have seriously put me out of pocket. I mean to fix the lag, not the picture.

SolomonGrundy
Dec 22, 2006, 02:56 AM
On 2006-12-21 23:49, -Shimarisu- wrote:
I can't afford that, these hackers have seriously put me out of pocket. I mean to fix the lag, not the picture.

ahhh, I thought you had resolution issues with your monitor, and that was causing lag fom your 360.

Bleemo
Dec 22, 2006, 03:02 AM
On 2006-12-21 23:33, LightBreaker wrote:
Compared to PS2 360 is smooth as silk. *Transfered from PS2* Add me to your friends list. I would be glad to help you level. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Edit: Gamertag isn't showing up below so I'll post it.
LightbreakerEC
I'll give you an add when I can. Maintenance is on going at the moment.

On 2006-12-21 23:40, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
my radeon 9600 >___________>
Still smooth with everything turned up to the max http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Also to note that I havent turned off my PC. Have not turned off PSU unless updates accur and yet my PC still runs this game smooth as watered down ice~

Not bad for what?... 50-60$ worth of graphics card.
Unfortunately, when it comes to MMO's I'm a graphics nut. Especially for a game like PSU, I enjoy playing a very very pretty game. I could probably buy a cheap, better VC cooler, buy a 150-200 dollar VC to run the game at near the settings I was previously, but if I fork out some cash I'm going to want to run PSU in utter max specs and resolution.

On 2006-12-21 23:38, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Compared to my not particulary uber PC, 360 is NOT smooth as silk, in fact the slowdown is game-killing for me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I run my 360 on a 22'' ViewSonic HD LCD monitor, and like Solomon, I get pretty much perfect quality on the other games I play. I encounter a little slowdown, especially on the notable times like when Ra spells are casted on my camera.

It's really odd that you're experiencing this. Are you using the official Xbox VGA cables? I'm not sure how much your monitor would have to do with your situation, but what monitor do you have anyway? And, again, have you tried googling this issue, not specifically for PSU?

-Shimarisu-
Dec 22, 2006, 03:04 AM
I'm using a regular video out cable, the monitor takes video in.

Bleemo
Dec 22, 2006, 03:09 AM
On 2006-12-22 00:04, -Shimarisu- wrote:
I'm using a regular video out cable, the monitor takes video in.

Does your monitor have a VGA slot? This might be your issue. I've heard Xbox 360 has crap quality when using regular video-in.

It'll probably add more to your budget, but I suggest getting the official Xbox 360 VGA cables. Before that you might want to do a little research on your issue to see if any other's have experienced what you're experiencing with your cable/monitor setup.

Ryogen
Dec 22, 2006, 03:32 AM
If you need the help bro, I'm here to help and so is my guild Apathy (in sig).

nefarious
Dec 22, 2006, 04:54 AM
If you want to grind some De Ragan runs sometime, send me a PM

You'll probably do it with my 30 Beast Hunter, since I want to level her.

Esufer
Dec 22, 2006, 06:03 AM
I'm always on the 360 when I'm not at work, so yeah, just let me know if you wanna play. Slow down's not really been too bad for me, only in offline mode.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 22, 2006, 06:20 AM
Yeah, let me know if you want to play regardless, slowdown or no I'm in this for the long haul.

(2 stars on uni 1 on PC atm http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif )

I'm lvl 18 atm, but I want to jump into Mizuraki S at 35 WITHUOT BEING KICKED, SERIOUSLY STOP KICKING ME 360 PEOPLE, THAT'S REALLY KICKING ME WHEN I'M DOWN.

Tahldon
Dec 22, 2006, 07:19 AM
On 2006-12-22 03:20, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Yeah, let me know if you want to play regardless, slowdown or no I'm in this for the long haul.

(2 stars on uni 1 on PC atm http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif )

I'm lvl 18 atm, but I want to jump into Mizuraki S at 35 WITHUOT BEING KICKED, SERIOUSLY STOP KICKING ME 360 PEOPLE, THAT'S REALLY KICKING ME WHEN I'M DOWN.

I can somewhat give you an explaination of why this happens. If anyone is kicked out of our party (My usual party that I'm ALWAYS IN) It's because of me. Being the Fortetecher and trying to support a lower level in an S rank is absolutely demanding.

I know I'm already healing and all but a level 30 something can't take that many hits and they draw the attention from the other players. Basically it's babysitting. Though there was this ranger we let party with us (Lvl 45) and he was ever so grateful, actually a cool guy too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

But we always have a slot open in our party and i need to level my resta to 30 anyways I'm 36% up. So you can join us, just look for me.

My name you ask? Tahldon of course. Usually on Uni 1 or 2 in Neudaiz.. I have a feeling that we'll be running De Ragan for a while though.. *Pif*

FrogKicker
Dec 22, 2006, 07:21 AM
Uni13 usually from 5-8pm eastern time I run my lil bro and sister who lives in Japan through whatever they want. Lately we have been doing Agata Relics(so my dark axe gets some use >_> ).

All who are coming over from pc, I would be more than happy to let yall tag along for some free cash, xp and items. Just PM me with your name and I will look for you when I get on tonight.

Sychosis
Dec 22, 2006, 08:18 AM
On 2006-12-21 23:38, -Shimarisu- wrote:

I only slowdown in small parties when the camera decides to zoom right through someone. When that happens it drops to like 10 FPS. Other than that it's golden.

But yes, VGA Cable + CRT Monitor = Sexy.

We have to hook up and spam De Ragan guys!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2006-12-22 05:19 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Dec 22, 2006, 08:19 AM
Sorry, you're a bit presumptive to think a person exactly at the req of a mission can't handle it IMO.

I don't run De Ragan if I can help it, I can do much harder missions. De Ragan at any level now is boring, especially for those who've already levelled 3-5 high level characters and are restarting out of necessity. All my friends can handle missions at lowest req. Calling it babysitting is really damn arrogant. Sorry Tahldon, you're not my kinda player, for that comment alone.

Edit: You do know they are kicking me as soon as I join, right? Precisely after saying some scornful unintelligible rubbish into the mic, that I can't hear because I'm hard of hearing (and I assume I'm being kicked for that too half the time).

Community is ironically better than PC as a whole though. -_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-12-22 05:24 ]</font>

Sychosis
Dec 22, 2006, 08:29 AM
Aww, don't fret Shim, after my Chem final we can spam whatever you want. I'll probably be able to do little more than bang my head on my keyboard and drool, but hey, free resta!

-Shimarisu-
Dec 22, 2006, 08:44 AM
Sychosis, are you using a VGA cable and CRT monitor then? What settings? If you only slow down during extreme closeups, that's vastly preferable to the crap I'm putting up with - I can't even use twin handguns. It just slows down too badly. I've been levelling my rifle PAs for now, hoping for a later fix.

I only hope it's not a fault of the japanese version, I've seriously lost track of the amount of copies of this game I have bought now. OK. I tell a lie. Five.

Sychosis
Dec 22, 2006, 09:01 AM
Yes I am, had to haul it up from storage AKA the living room. It now looks like I'm sitting in central command, two monitors, 4 speakers, subwoofer, PC tower, printer, 360, modem, hub, and more wires than you can imagine all surrounding me, I probably have brain cancer already.

Aaaaanyway, it's a 19" 4:3 (non-widescreen) monitor. I have it in 1360x768 resolution (always widescreen). After that I shrunk the vertical screen size about a half inch (about 1.25 cm) on top and bottom, then stretched the horizontal screen size as far as possible. Sometimes text bubbles go off screen a tad, but the HUD and everything else for that matter is still on screen. Checking the chat log fixes my text bubble problem.

Tahldon
Dec 22, 2006, 09:08 AM
On 2006-12-22 05:19, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Sorry, you're a bit presumptive to think a person exactly at the req of a mission can't handle it IMO.

I don't run De Ragan if I can help it, I can do much harder missions. De Ragan at any level now is boring, especially for those who've already levelled 3-5 high level characters and are restarting out of necessity. All my friends can handle missions at lowest req. Calling it babysitting is really damn arrogant. Sorry Tahldon, you're not my kinda player, for that comment alone.

Edit: You do know they are kicking me as soon as I join, right? Precisely after saying some scornful unintelligible rubbish into the mic, that I can't hear because I'm hard of hearing (and I assume I'm being kicked for that too half the time).

Community is ironically better than PC as a whole though. -_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-12-22 05:24 ]</font>

Now that I read it again that was a little too cocky.. Mayhaps I'll rethink my ways..

I don't want to seem like an elitist or anything..http://www.angelfire.com/droid/boltz/meg15.bmp

Sychosis
Dec 22, 2006, 09:10 AM
I'm ashamed to have your card Tahldon.

I'm still keeping it though for nefarious purposes (ask Ronzeru).

Tahldon
Dec 22, 2006, 09:37 AM
On 2006-12-22 06:10, Sychosis wrote:
I'm ashamed to have your card Tahldon.

I'm still keeping it though for nefarious purposes (ask Ronzeru).

"nefarious purposes" + Ronzeru = headache for me.

Don't plot on me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif you don't talk to me anyways! Only when you need stuff. I feel so abused.. ~_~

Anyways, I'm not a cruel, arrogant douchebag I DO help people! Not that I'm trying to win an election or anything.

I'm so giving... I gave someone a christmas tree in a present recently >.>. Is that not a good deed?

Anyway back to topic.. -_-

Sychosis
Dec 22, 2006, 09:39 AM
When I need stuff?! I've never asked you for anything! And if I recall you mass mailed everyone on your list to brag about your pure tech PM. Like I said before I thought you fell down a well...braggart!

PS: Mine is only at level 50 ;_;

Lit
Dec 22, 2006, 09:56 AM
I'm actually a pretty nice guy. I enjoy long walks, music, sitting on the beach watching the sunset.

Let me know if I'm the guy for you.

[/quote]

Oh yummy! You are my kind of GUY! huhu
Get to Ps2/Pc NOW and lets get grooby baby! /love

PALRAPPYS
Dec 22, 2006, 10:02 AM
Sure I guess I'd do some runs, that is if you don't mind of course.

Quark713
Dec 22, 2006, 11:31 AM
I'm on the 360 a LOT...
Just send me a friend invite sometime...
Quark713, just like my name here!
PS - Look for Seraphia - white haired, blue/white clothed Newman Ranger, almost Guntecher!

Akaimizu
Dec 22, 2006, 11:32 AM
I'm always willing to help out. It's my job! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I typically run this game at 1360x768 on my new widescreen flatscreen monitor. It's definitely a breathtaking view. Resolution doesn't seem to effect game speed at all, but things look pretty sharp.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-22 08:37 ]</font>

silvanas
Dec 22, 2006, 11:36 AM
im up for anything find me im the guy in the yellow shirt... and blue hair (damn stupid people who ripped off my style)

Bleemo
Dec 22, 2006, 04:04 PM
'Preciate the offers, fellows. I'll start adding a few of you.

On 2006-12-22 06:56, Lit wrote:
Oh yummy! You are my kind of GUY! huhu
Get to Ps2/Pc NOW and lets get grooby baby! /love
You dirty little minx.

Sychosis
Dec 22, 2006, 04:06 PM
What's your GT Bleemo?

I'm gonna take a guess and say, "Bleemo"

Bleemo
Dec 22, 2006, 04:08 PM
On 2006-12-22 13:06, Sychosis wrote:
What's your GT Bleemo?