PDA

View Full Version : How good are S-ranks *really?*

SolomonGrundy
Dec 22, 2006, 02:51 AM
A lot of you folks might have played PSO, and the "S" rank weapons (10* eqiv) were vastly superior to thier 9* counterparts.

Chainsawd and Red sword blew dragon slayer away

Red partizan or madam's umbrella far exceeded Gae Bolg (aptly, named, that 'Bolg)

Spread needle, frozen shooter - the list goes on an on...

so for those oof you on Japn servers, are the S-ranks wrth it? is it the same kinda of step up?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2006-12-21 23:52 ]</font>

-Dainslef-
Dec 22, 2006, 02:56 AM
Japanese servers have the same S-ranks we do, currently.

SolomonGrundy
Dec 22, 2006, 02:58 AM
On 2006-12-21 23:56, -Dainslef- wrote:
Japanese servers have the same S-ranks we do, currently.

ohhh...huh...

I thougt they had buff spells, PAs, and s ranks that we did not.

Carbinne
Dec 22, 2006, 03:01 AM
I hear S rank gun weapons have their own unique bullets and stuff which are cool and stuff. Or maybe that's offline only. Or I don't know what I'm talking about so I'll shut up now. I personally miss the sound effect that it makes when you fire a non-element rifle. Beoo beoo. Damn, if the servers were up I'd go on just to hear that sound again...

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 22, 2006, 03:01 AM
On PSU NA, I saw only 2 s rank weapons so far. The Crea Double and the Halarod. Both are 10*

The Halarod has a glowing effect once you cast Technic.

The Crea Double has the old PSO double saber sound effects as well as a very fast attack speed.

I suppose that all S ranks are faster than normal A ranks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Check the item database!!

http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/1/1084/crea_doubles/

This Crea Double was made by Ryuk who was formerly a member of PSOW till he got banned http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif But he wanted to contribute anyways. As there was a guy who first got the crea double for the xbox360, I suppose Ryuk's were the first for the PS2/PC version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-12-22 00:09 ]</font>

-Dainslef-
Dec 22, 2006, 03:04 AM
On 2006-12-21 23:58, SolomonGrundy wrote
ohhh...huh...

I thougt they had buff spells, PAs, and s ranks that we did not.

They do have PAs (including techinics) that we don't, as well as many other missions and a slew of 9* boards, and 8* weapons/armors in shops. But they only have the same two 10* weapons so far.

KiteWolfwood
Dec 22, 2006, 03:06 AM
Carbinne you correct. Rifles get Killer shot, Cannons get a knock down bullet. Well if you just search for Ultimate PAs you can find them. Also S have faster attack speed then A as A are faster then B ect.

Bleemo
Dec 22, 2006, 03:11 AM
As far as I'm concerned, S ranks are only pretty e-peen boosters.

SkiLLz003
Dec 22, 2006, 03:11 AM
Japan isnt that far ahead of us.
they have lvl 70 cap and a few more s rank missions thats about it.

other then those we are exact.
however with the update on jan. 1st we will both be at the exact same spot

-Dainslef-
Dec 22, 2006, 03:14 AM
They're further than that. They have a variety of missions we don't.. and in next patch, they're getting a whole lot more, even S rank HIVE.