PDA

View Full Version : FiGunner + Crossbow = Shafted?

-Ryuki-
Dec 22, 2006, 03:55 AM
When my alt became a FiGunner, I had already planned a future, set palette, and the Crossbow was supposed to be a part of it. I was thinking, "Hey, it's basically a one-handed shotgun!" While on one of my many leveling-up runs, a party member mentioned how FiGunners bullets are capped at 20. I forgot about that, and then I stopped to realize that you get an extra shot added at lvl 11, and 21, but.. if we're capped at lvl 20, I don't get my third bullet.

To be just, is a Crossbow even worth it on FiGunner, if all we can really do is shoot twice per round?

February
Dec 22, 2006, 03:58 AM
I havent used one yet, but Teles was telling me she doesn't think It's really the right gun for Fighgunner. I'm a little dissapointed in that too, I was looking forward to geting one.

Alisha
Dec 22, 2006, 04:01 AM
i dont even know why figunner can equip crossbows. they should trade it for a rifle XD.

Carbinne
Dec 22, 2006, 04:02 AM
I hear mechguns are supposed to be nice on a figunner.

Bleemo
Dec 22, 2006, 04:03 AM
Eh, Crossbow is only truly any good with level 21+ bullets.

I'd say go for a Handgun specifically for the first person capability, but Crossbows aren't bad for farming even with only two shots.

imfanboy
Dec 22, 2006, 04:04 AM
Well....

IMHO you're right - for a traditional (ie, Double Saber addicted) Figunner.

The thing of the Crossbow is that even with 2 shots, it's in a relatively tight V (as compared to the Shotgun 4 shot spread) so when you're at closing distance you'll be doing all right; however, you can just keep twin handguns and be putting out bullets easily, or having a handgun in your offhand and at least be sure of what you're aiming at.

If you're a big fan of single claws/single sabers/single daggers and use them heavily even in close (versus just being another Double Saber spammer), then YES, the Crossbow is still worth it; twice the chance of inflicting an SE on an enemy, and since you're close you get the pointblanking effect, and then when they're shocked (or muted, or frozen), you whack them with the dagger with some assurance that they can't hit you back.

Plus, the Crossbow does significantly more damage per bullet than the other guns available to you; that plus the instant flinch you get can be used very well.

Try it first, and if you don't like it you can always sell the Crossbow to a techgunner or... whatever other classes can use it.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 22, 2006, 04:12 AM
Teles is awesome with a xbow, but she's a Guntecher so who knows how well or bad FG's are? She also loves Cards and Kubara Mechguns. >_>

Careful
Dec 22, 2006, 04:15 AM
I saw that, i made a figunner thinking he would get 3 bullets. Oh well, you get 2 chances to silence monsters when youre up close. Gravity shot + Fire claw = win!

Or you can just use twin handguns if you want SE.

-Ryuki-
Dec 22, 2006, 04:19 AM
I already have Twin Grav and Twin Plasma on my Twinnies. I was going to use Burn and Freeze for a Crossbow. If it's still worth getting, then I'll spend the meseta.

Ryoki
Dec 22, 2006, 01:37 PM
On 2006-12-22 01:19, RyukiZero wrote:
I already have Twin Grav and Twin Plasma on my Twinnies. I was going to use Burn and Freeze for a Crossbow. If it's still worth getting, then I'll spend the meseta.

It is worth it, people just bitch.

Ghen
Dec 22, 2006, 02:49 PM
I personally didn't care for it versus my pistols. The whole "not having three arrows" thing really irks me. It would be worth losing first person mode if it fired three, but since it doesn't I decided to sell my xbow off. Only ranged weaps I'm planning on using right now are pistols and dual pistols.

SolomonGrundy
Dec 22, 2006, 02:52 PM
I'd say using a cross bow is not a great plan for a Human Figunner (ATA issues), and you will only get 2 bullets if you level the bullet PA, so it's usefullness is...limited.

Twin pistolas and machine guns are the main advantage of Figuner, and it's a decent addition to help get rid of those annoying flyers.

Ryoki
Dec 22, 2006, 02:53 PM
On 2006-12-22 11:52, SolomonGrundy wrote:
I'd say using a cross bow is not a great plan for a Human Figunner (ATA issues), and you will only get 2 bullets if you level the bullet PA, so it's usefullness is...limited.

Twin pistolas and machine guns are the main advantage of Figuner, and it's a decent addition to help get rid of those annoying flyers.

still does shitloads of Damage/PH with my beast FiGunner.

BTW: don't forget mechguns. You can still gun down flying guys with those, if you hit em right.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2006-12-22 11:54 ]</font>

Chris28
Dec 22, 2006, 02:57 PM
save up and get yourself a yasminakov 0002 and the single hand weapon of your choice. Best combo in my opinion. I love using them.

Reginaldo
Dec 22, 2006, 03:04 PM
Well being a human fighgunner, I have to say that the crossbow even with the level cap is pretty useful to me. I equip it with my claw. Since I'm up close with the claw anyway I'm hitting mobs pointblank with the crossbow. With SE lv2 burn I set nearly every enemy on fire since I'm shooting twice the shots anyway. Basically I do the PA combo with the claw and when I'm moving in on the mob I knocked on the ground I crossbow him and usually he's on fire before I'm close enough to claw him again. For FPS I have a pair of twin handguns so that aspect of shooting I have covered.

If you're a fighgunner and want to invest in a crossbow. I recommend you buy the fire element BA. I use my double sabers more but the combo of claw + crossbow is pretty fun to use.

-Ryuki-
Dec 22, 2006, 03:08 PM
When it cames to wondering if I wanted the Crossbow, I had already thought of both Burn and Freeze for the Bullets. I'm using the Single Dagger as the paired weapon (much like Liina), but the extra bullet is kind of iffy.

FenixStryk
Dec 22, 2006, 03:29 PM
Figunners do get gimped for Crossbows, but it's not too bad. It's still something!

-Ryuki-
Dec 22, 2006, 03:31 PM
Gimped.. I don't use that word. I think it's.. immature in a way XD

Ryoki
Dec 22, 2006, 07:18 PM
On 2006-12-22 12:31, RyukiZero wrote:
Gimped.. I don't use that word. I think it's.. immature in a way XD

It really is, especially since you could just switch over to guntecher and only have to level it once more to get three bullets. BTW: I use fire element too. In fact, the whole real reason I bought a crossbow was the day the update with a ranks came out, I looked at the new PA's, and instantly wanted the one with the hilarious title "Yak Banga".
Can't tell you why it is funny, but I noticed if you pronounced it Yak Bahnga instead of Yak Baynga, it instantly loses the humor value.