PDA

View Full Version : The mission 2 boss isn't even WORTH IT.

Kanore
Dec 22, 2006, 12:23 PM
It's in the fashion of the Adaha Deghanna fight, but it's ALOT tougher. He teleports ALOT, and uses mind numbingly powerful attacks that make it even hard for a Force with high level Diga on Megistaride hard to finish him off smoothly. One of his most devastating attacks is when he raises his arms and does an AOE 'stomp' - it's his most damaging and has a chance to paralyze you, which costs you greatly, so watch out for that.

Also, his 'base' explodes midway through the fight, forcing you to attack ONLY his arms. See, the problem there is from that point on, all his attacks include raising his arms out of reach (even for techs), so if you're a Hunter, you'd best bring a gun. Hell, even if you're a Ranger, you wouldn't have time to take aim and shoot upwards because he moves too fast.

It's not worth it at ALL. Thank GOD they made him lightning element, because even with Diga spam I was about to slam my laptop on the ground.

JAFO22000
Dec 22, 2006, 12:27 PM
I take it you did not play the offline story mode?

Delinguaniss
Dec 22, 2006, 12:30 PM
I have to differ, he's quite easy to me. Although I'll never do it again, cause it's a waste of time, but I did get an Invertor Circuit for my time. The shit is bogus, but I guess I have to play it with Delinguaniss and Toshedd On to get Lou's card, cause Don already has her card. But the boss' tactics aren't that difficult to get around, but I did get killed out of nowhere, I was going to heal and like 300+ HP instantly disappeared. He wasn't raising his arms, his missile forray wasn't around, the fire damage wasn't doing enough damage, Laia or Lou wasn't near me. I didn't see anything coming, and I just instantly fell to the ground and I didn't even blink my eyes. It's whatever, but I'll never od that boring mission again, and I'll never do the first one over again either.

Kanore
Dec 22, 2006, 12:32 PM
On 2006-12-22 09:27, JAFO22000 wrote:

Nope. I heard Adahna was hard offline, but at least his base doesn't fall off.

Dumah
Dec 22, 2006, 12:38 PM
i just had an idea someone please say if it works , but can u attack the arms first then go for the base as with the base hes not that hard

JAFO22000
Dec 22, 2006, 12:39 PM
Adahna wasn't that hard offline either. He had some interesting new attacks though. I'll just wait until they release S rank GoF and look at all of the threads bitching about AD....

The complaint that AD is too easy will be replaced with a complaint that he is too hard...hilarious.

PJ
Dec 22, 2006, 12:44 PM
oO

Does the story mission have increased bosses with a higher level? That dude was level 5 when I fought him. It was cake.

Although, since I played offline, I also knew his base would come off.

EDIT:

On 2006-12-22 09:32, Kanore wrote:

On 2006-12-22 09:27, JAFO22000 wrote:

Nope. I heard Adahna was hard offline, but at least his base doesn't fall off.

You heard wrong. Offline, Adahna is the easiest shit that ever shat out of shit town.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2006-12-22 09:45 ]</font>

Niered
Dec 22, 2006, 12:57 PM
PJ is correct.

Secondly, to the OP, this guy was in the offline story as well. He really isnt so bad, the only reason I ever have any trouble with him is because by the time I get to him my weapons were nearly depleted. He is much more powerful then Adahna, but I never found either of htem terribly difficult.

EJ
Dec 22, 2006, 01:08 PM
On 2006-12-22 09:44, PJ wrote:
oO

Does the story mission have increased bosses with a higher level? That dude was level 5 when I fought him. It was cake.

Although, since I played offline, I also knew his base would come off.

yes the cut points are 1, 35, 60 on 60 he was 34 and was a pain to kill since I knew what to expect since I was one of the few that actually played story mode XD,

Para
Dec 22, 2006, 02:27 PM
Use a gun, attack his belly = gg.

Schubalts
Dec 22, 2006, 02:31 PM
Stop, aim for belly, get wtfownd by missiles/machine gun/sword = gg player.

Para
Dec 22, 2006, 02:33 PM
On 2006-12-22 11:31, Schubalts wrote:
Stop, aim for belly, get wtfownd by missiles/machine gun/sword = gg player.

o rly? well thats how i got s rank in story mode XD

Ronzeru
Dec 22, 2006, 02:35 PM
lol you just used guns on him?

Dumah
Dec 22, 2006, 02:45 PM
i used my jitseen and gun for him but the gun only dose 40 dmg so i was at it for ages then i run out of mates and died

Ryoki
Dec 22, 2006, 02:49 PM
wasn't too hard, but my npcs kept dying. i ran out of star attys on them. Morons. I'll tell you what isn't worth it, helping lou navagate a simple maze without getting stuck after saying beasts and living organisms are inferior. Dumb bitch.

Kirip-san
Dec 22, 2006, 04:29 PM
I honestly don't remember him having paralysis in Story Mode. =/
Then again, I was spamming Rising Crush and ignoring everything thrown at me for my S rank. XD

Kupi
Dec 22, 2006, 05:34 PM
Beating this boss has allowed me to replace Maya with Lou whenever I'm soloing. TOTALLY worth it.

Pentence
Dec 22, 2006, 05:38 PM
Well personaly i go for the arms first useing my bow.Then when i can i always nano,once them arms are hurting i go for the lower torso.

Cry0
Dec 22, 2006, 07:29 PM
i agree, magana agana, or whatever his name is is possibly the most irritating boss of all. was llike, o, i did him in story, he's easy... bbut noooo.

He hits you with a status effect every 2 seconds, teleports like crazy, uses the invvincible shield aal too often, but this is overcomeable. the worst part is indeed the fact that his base breaks off. from there on in, it's hunters -> start weeping. Or try hitting himm with renkai buyou zan.

KiteWolfwood
Dec 22, 2006, 07:50 PM
On 2006-12-22 11:49, Ryoki wrote:
wasn't too hard, but my npcs kept dying. i ran out of star attys on them. Morons. I'll tell you what isn't worth it, helping lou navagate a simple maze without getting stuck after saying beasts and living organisms are inferior. Dumb bitch.

What the hell is up with that anyway. Through the whole mission Lou and Laia were missing because they were stuck on something. Then in battle they wouldn't even attack if the mob was next to them. They really stupefied the npcs or something.

Tsukishima-Ruriko
Dec 22, 2006, 08:13 PM
Stupid boss killed me the first time due to it constantly stunning me non-stop. Finally killed him on my second run through, and now I never have to put up with Maya's stupidity again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Wheatpenny
Dec 22, 2006, 08:23 PM
The annoying part is when he paralizes you then gatling guns you to death,I was 55 then RAT-A-TAT-TAT and I was out cold.

Ronzeru
Dec 22, 2006, 08:33 PM
My NPCs weren't getting stuck behind anything, and were kicking all ass. I'd be on one side of the room attacking smoething, and they'd be on the other side, cleaning up what I wasn't focused on.

NinjaSalad
Dec 22, 2006, 09:41 PM
I killed it in 8 seconds flat at lvl 34. and, it was a complete waste of time. Didn't get anything. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

nefarious
Dec 22, 2006, 10:51 PM
He dropped a Dimate.

It's a joke unless you're over 35.

Killed him in 2 hits. He was like level 17 for me. 31 beast hunter.

Realmz
Dec 22, 2006, 11:40 PM
fun fight, first time i went up against him i didn't know what to expect and i just got smacked down by him.

second time i wasn't foolin around at all, busted open his base with my jawsome dagger skills. then wtfpwned him with my rifle.

looks like kanore just needs to, dare i say it, Lrn2play

Ether
Dec 23, 2006, 12:02 AM
On 2006-12-22 20:40, Realmz wrote:

What part of "the boss gets a ton harder if you're level 60" are people missing here

Maybe you should Lrn2lvl

Shazbot
Dec 23, 2006, 12:03 AM
Why is it that whenever somebody posts about some part of a game being excessively difficult in relation to the amount of enjoyment gained, people have to walk into the topic and figuratively whip out their dicks by saying what amounts to "It wasn't difficult for me! It was easy." Bitches please, you think you're good but in reality you're the same as everybody else. Your hand-eye coordination and thinking skills are average just like everybody else and your character doesn't kick any more ass than usual. I'm sure Kanore knows how to play the game just fine. Let him be.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 23, 2006, 12:04 AM
So far i'm 0/3 against him.

First time because he stunned me then got me with missles.
Second time he caught me off guard with a mail and nailed me with that pulse-ball-cannon.
Third he did a roundhouse with his blade.

785 HP isn't doing ver well. lol

I'll try again tomorrow with a bow. Thank god the trainers can die and not have it count against the single death. T_T

VanHalen
Dec 23, 2006, 12:20 AM
On 2006-12-22 21:03, Shazbot wrote:
Why is it that whenever somebody posts about some part of a game being excessively difficult in relation to the amount of enjoyment gained, people have to walk into the topic and figuratively whip out their dicks by saying what amounts to "It wasn't difficult for me! It was easy." Bitches please, you think you're good but in reality you're the same as everybody else. Your hand-eye coordination and thinking skills are average just like everybody else and your character doesn't kick any more ass than usual. I'm sure Kanore knows how to play the game just fine. Let him be.

i totally agree with this post http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Alisha
Dec 23, 2006, 01:01 AM
this is old new to anyone whos played offline. when it's released spinning break can hit him when his bottom breaks off.

DavisMarkin
Dec 23, 2006, 10:48 AM
Yeah, fighting that boss offline as a Hunter made me just... yeah. I was getting very, very irritated. Thank goodness I play a Fortegunner online. Eat twinspam!

PaladinRPG
Dec 23, 2006, 11:32 AM
Yeah, level 54 Hunter here and he was a pain, just like offline. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif I took quite a lot of abuse from second form since my still C Rank handgun ATA (with Grav Hit) is horrible. Mixed this with upwards striking claw PA on arms to help damage out, and even a Zodiride for good measure!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PaladinRPG on 2006-12-23 08:35 ]</font>

PJ
Dec 23, 2006, 11:55 AM
On 2006-12-22 21:02, Ether wrote:

On 2006-12-22 20:40, Realmz wrote:

What part of "the boss gets a ton harder if you're level 60" are people missing here

Maybe you should Lrn2lvl

He's only a ton harder because their stats are better at level 60

Lrn2play

Kamica
Dec 23, 2006, 12:13 PM
Heres a bit of advice for level 60 fortecher:
Continue using digga when the armor falls off. It only takes about roughly 5 hits at that point to finih him.

Mikaga
Dec 23, 2006, 01:07 PM
Now imagine this exact same fight, only you've got so much lag it's impossible to dodge the vertical sword swing, the fast-moving stun-ball or the (fatal) missile barrage.

After about a dozen attempts which involved more running for my life than attacking Magas Magahna, the fight ended after 10 minutes and let me continue. It's weird because both NPCs were (as usual) lying on the ground and I was not attacking the boss. I think the game took pity on me and my connection.

Jasam
Dec 23, 2006, 04:31 PM
On 2006-12-23 10:07, Mikaga wrote:
Now imagine this exact same fight, only you've got so much lag it's impossible to dodge the vertical sword swing, the fast-moving stun-ball or the (fatal) missile barrage.

After about a dozen attempts which involved more running for my life than attacking Magas Magahna, the fight ended after 10 minutes and let me continue. It's weird because both NPCs were (as usual) lying on the ground and I was not attacking the boss. I think the game took pity on me and my connection.

that is an increadably good point. I know meny people, who have so much lag, that if an enermy decides to attack, YOU WILL NOT DODGE IT.... The enermy can hit you were you were standing a few seconds ago.... and well... that makes it kinda difficult http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

LunarChaos
Dec 23, 2006, 09:26 PM
I beat him reletively easily, and I'm only a level 38 Newman Fortetecher (1)

Hrith
Dec 24, 2006, 05:37 AM
Lv60 Fortegunner (4), the boss lasted two minutes *shrugs*

I think Laia had time to die once, though.

A2K
Dec 24, 2006, 06:18 AM
I believe Magas Maggahna's weak points are the upper arms. I appeared to be doing more damage there than anywhere else.

And since it was brought up, I'm actually convinced now that Maya is broken in the same way GH-450 is/was. I recall her healing like crazy on the import the moment any of the party went below 50% HP.