PDA

View Full Version : what weapon boards should i buy to make $$$

MoonSblaise
Dec 22, 2006, 12:36 PM
the higher star ones are like 20k so i dont want to go and jus blow my money for the hell of having a board for a 6 star weapon? any recommendations on what to buy, and whether they are sold in player shops rather than getting them from a planet shop <_< My PM is only lvl 23 so probably not worth risking making good weapons and i'd probably just lose money but heh anything anyone?

Merumeru
Dec 22, 2006, 12:48 PM
XD id work on my pms before i seriously got into synthing items for sale, you're going to regret not having more % when your shit starts failing

Garnet_Moon
Dec 22, 2006, 12:53 PM
If you make items that are sold by an NPC Vendor odds are you won't make much from them.

Make items not in a shop and you're free to price gouge to your hearts content; and people will still buy.

7*'s are decent for small profit if you charge less than the NPC, but for melee weapons if you get a higher elemental % to a useful element then that could double or even triple the price.

8*'s are the money makers now especially how free they are to make if you run missions to farm their mats all day. Lidras for 250-350k, for example.

Sum it up: If it's sold in an NPC Shop you won't profit much, if at all from an item unless it has high grinds or a high elemental %.
If it is a Casting or Ranged item you'll always make less than the NPC price per sale.
If it's a melee weapon you could potentially sell for double or triple the NPC price depending on elemental %.

Be bold. Make an armor PM and sell Sori-Senba's for 4mil each. They are cheap to make considering how much they sell for. Have fun with that synth rate though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EDIT: If you make an Armor PM because of my advice plz gimme a Sori-Senba at a discount price. :3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-12-22 09:54 ]</font>

MoonSblaise
Dec 22, 2006, 12:58 PM
lmao cheers but armour is so hard to get hehe <_<

Merumeru
Dec 22, 2006, 01:00 PM
yeah, all the stuff Garnet mentioned is the hot shit right now XD pretty much every update we get, the rares from that place will be free to be inflated in your player shop until the market is clogged with them..but I dont see the prices of 7* and 8* going down for a while, so they'd definently be your best bet to start rolling in the meseta XD but id feed your PM a few levels more if you want decent synth percentages...

JAFO22000
Dec 22, 2006, 01:01 PM
I would suggest synthing items which aren't available pre-made from NPC stores. If you don't you will more than likely lose money on the synth.

Example: I can buy a Kikami for 90000 from NPC stores. I did a search of player stores and found four selling this item for the following prices:

These are people who probably bought the board, failed once or twice and figured out how much they'd have to sell what they did make to profit. NOT a good idea. Unless they get someone ingnorant of NPC prices, who would buy from them? Hell, I'd even buy from the NPC before I bought the Kikami for 90000 from the player store.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 22, 2006, 01:03 PM
If you sell elemental weapons at 90k and buy ALL your mats from the NPC, after you use up all 3 charges on your 7* items you're looking at about 100k or so profit total. If you farm some of those mats the profit rises, obviously.

Well, something like that. If one breaks you break even... so cross your fingers and pray for no breakage, or pray for high %'s.

Realmz
Dec 22, 2006, 01:07 PM
On 2006-12-22 09:53, Garnet_Moon wrote:
If you make items that are sold by an NPC Vendor odds are you won't make much from them.

Make items not in a shop and you're free to price gouge to your hearts content; and people will still buy.

that would explain that one fellow tryin to sell 8* weapons for 300,000,000m....

MoonSblaise
Dec 22, 2006, 02:20 PM
so should i find weapon boards in player shops that arent in npc stores or wha o.o hehe

JAFO22000
Dec 22, 2006, 02:27 PM
You can buy some 8 star boards from the NPC synth shops. I don't think many people are selling these now, and if they are, it will cost you (more than likely).

panzer_unit
Dec 22, 2006, 03:04 PM
Just a suggestion: make and sell the better brands of 6* for most of your profit. They're good weapons even compared to A's and much more efficient to make. Also folks will break 'em grinding so you've got repeat customers lol.

MoonSblaise
Dec 22, 2006, 03:29 PM
ah the kubura ones hehe oki

panzer_unit
Dec 22, 2006, 03:37 PM
Kubara... even regular models by the non A-rank manufacturers, especially Tenora.