PDA

View Full Version : slow lvling

Guitarsmasher
Dec 22, 2006, 09:21 PM
since the first big update on PSU, i only lvled up 3 times http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif and im barely half way to lvl 54. i know everyone has their own pace on the game, but it gets discouraging seeing more and more lvl 60s everyday. i would play more if i could, but i have so much homework lately, and i am currently studying the driver's manual because i am taking the driver's permit test this Christmas break. (wish me luck! XD) is there anyone else that is lvling at this same pace as me?

Behelit
Dec 22, 2006, 09:41 PM
and?

Ronzeru
Dec 22, 2006, 09:46 PM
Not really. I'm already level 60. You should at the least be able to make one level a day.

Kronon
Dec 22, 2006, 09:51 PM
Nothing wrong with playing at your own pace.

Bleemo
Dec 22, 2006, 09:53 PM
Why rush?

Level 70 cap is three weeks away, and it's so easy to make money on the PC/PS2 version you should never really have to farm for anything.

Esufer
Dec 22, 2006, 09:53 PM
It's a game, not one big giganto-grind where people wont play with you unless you're a certain level (COUGHFFXI)

Nani-chan
Dec 22, 2006, 09:54 PM
think it'll happen when it happens, if lvling is a goal for you then there is nothing wrong with not being at cap. Allot of people aren't at cap, having goals can make the process more fun.

Itsuki
Dec 22, 2006, 10:00 PM
Lol. The problem with FFXI is if you don't keep up with people, they can't party with you. Its not so much that they won't, they just can't.

But its fine going at your own pace. I sometimes spend as long as a week at one level. But atleast, with the people I play with on the jp server, we're more than willing to play with people quite a bit lower than us. Especially since 2 of the most popular missions right now are Bruce's B (35+ req, and anybody 35+ can tag along fine), and Shikon Onma S (40+ req and this onma is totally easier than Mizuraki's Onma A). Level 40-70 is quite a range. And So far, the shikon parties have had their share of 45-ish people.

VanHalen
Dec 22, 2006, 11:37 PM
dont worry about it just take your time no need to rush and your getting your permit good luck i got mine in september the test is real easy as long as you read that book http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Realmz
Dec 22, 2006, 11:50 PM
On 2006-12-22 18:21, Guitarsmasher wrote:
since the first big update on PSU, i only lvled up 3 times http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif and im barely half way to lvl 54. i know everyone has their own pace on the game, but it gets discouraging seeing more and more lvl 60s everyday. i would play more if i could, but i have so much homework lately, and i am currently studying the driver's manual because i am taking the driver's permit test this Christmas break. (wish me luck! XD) is there anyone else that is lvling at this same pace as me?

first off good luck on your test (am i the only one that read that?) second off i had the game since release, my character is only lv 48, but i'm having fun and thats all the matters http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

now i just need to make the money to afford those new cast legwarmers in three weeks, which will be hard cause i plan to get Zelda (GC you Wii bitches!) Tales of Abyss, FFIII, Disgaea 2, and having to go back to classes (for Intermediat 2-D Animation, Character and Object Design, and Game Design and Gameplay) so i'll be playing at an even more leisurely pace then most =p
so wish me luck too haha

VanHalen
Dec 22, 2006, 11:52 PM
On 2006-12-22 20:50, Realmz wrote:

first off good luck on your test (am i the only one that read that?)

nope i beat you do it lol

Garnet_Moon
Dec 22, 2006, 11:54 PM
A level a day.
A level a week.
A level a month.

Who cares as long as you're having fun? Keep your own pace and don't worry about everyone else's or this game will quickly turn into a job and not a game. When that happens you'll just quit out of frustration.

It's not a race to lv60. It's a race to fun and adventure. Remember that and do not lose your way down the path for it is extremely hard to find it again if you stray too far.

McLaughlin
Dec 22, 2006, 11:55 PM
On 2006-12-22 18:53, Reigast wrote:
It's a game, not one big giganto-grind where people wont play with you unless you're a certain level (COUGHFFXI)

People CAN'T play with you if you aren't a certain level. Either you'll get no EXP, the other guy won't get EXP, or you're both going to get very little EXP. The highest and lowest levels in a party can only be 2 levels apart (Maximum, and even 2 levels gimps the EXP).

Realmz
Dec 22, 2006, 11:55 PM
On 2006-12-22 20:52, VanHalen wrote:

well it took me a while to type that so you can just...uh...um....uh...you can....shut up!

meany poop head D:

VanHalen
Dec 23, 2006, 12:13 AM
On 2006-12-22 20:55, Realmz wrote:

On 2006-12-22 20:52, VanHalen wrote:

well it took me a while to type that so you can just...uh...um....uh...you can....shut up!

meany poop head D:

yeah bow down to my super fast posting lol

CelestialBlade
Dec 23, 2006, 12:35 AM
A lot of those people that jumped straight to the level cap likely don't have anything better to do, or are the type of people that can sit and do the same thing for days on end. No shame in not hitting the level cap already....sounds like that'd be boring.

I like to camp out in the Neudaiz Relics transfer lobby and hit parties doing B-rank runs. My levels are lower than yours (33 vs. 54) but it's worth a shot.

Mystil
Dec 23, 2006, 09:22 AM
Well, I'm going to be taking a 2 day break. I'm 58, with 28,000tnl to 59. I'll have 60 next week. My average was 2.5 levels per day, with my best being 11 lvls in one day(11 to 22). Sleeping Warriors S really makes your exp bar move like you're in your 40s all over again doing De Ragan A.

On 2006-12-22 20:55, Zeta wrote:

People CAN'T play with you if you aren't a certain level. Either you'll get no EXP, the other guy won't get EXP, or you're both going to get very little EXP. The highest and lowest levels in a party can only be 2 levels apart (Maximum, and even 2 levels gimps the EXP).

This amount is higher past 60 and then it drops again at 70. 60, you can deal with a -4 level gap. 50, -2 is pushing it. 70 well, it doesn't even matter cause IT's don't exist anymore.

asdf
Dec 23, 2006, 10:20 AM
My ID is under 2,000 and i'm currently lv 40ish. I look at these people with ID's in the 20,000's that are lv 55-60 and I just want to go over to them and tell em to go out tonight to a bar or do something more constructive. I mean, good lord you people are insane. This is not world of warcraft, theres no reason to be the "top dog".

CelestialBlade
Dec 23, 2006, 01:43 PM
On 2006-12-23 07:20, asdf wrote:
My ID is under 2,000 and i'm currently lv 40ish. I look at these people with ID's in the 20,000's that are lv 55-60 and I just want to go over to them and tell em to go out tonight to a bar or do something more constructive. I mean, good lord you people are insane. This is not world of warcraft, theres no reason to be the "top dog".

Some people see it as a competition over who's number is the highest, others are just here to enjoy the game. To each his/her own, I suppose.

jizaboz
Dec 23, 2006, 06:22 PM
I'm satisfied with the rate of level gain.

Pandatron
Dec 23, 2006, 06:30 PM
Originally yes i was lvling at a fairly slow pace since i was at campus and any party larger than 4 people would cause me to lag out, not to mention i had exams as well so i was limited to gaining a 2-4 levels a week. Though once i got home on a decent connection its not nearly as bad. Personally i don't think the grind is bad enough far too easy and kind of a late down. I mean yes the level cap is raised but then they add a new missions that make the grind a cake walk. Once your schedule lightens up you should be able to hit 60 before the cap update in no time ^_^. G'luck on your future endeavours.

Randomness
Dec 23, 2006, 06:33 PM
Well, theres a huge jump in xp for next level from 53 to 54, and then its about the same for a bit. I'm only about halfway to 54. I care more about getting techs over 21 for the range increases.

Mystil
Dec 23, 2006, 06:47 PM
One thing: It is not hard to level in PSU. If you put your mind to the repetitive killing, you can easily get to 40 within a week. Everyone has that choice to just one day speed rush to some desired level.

Wheatpenny
Dec 23, 2006, 06:50 PM

LOL I agree whole-heartedly.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 23, 2006, 07:01 PM
my id number is around... 3000, and I'm level 54.

Personally I see most of the level 60 characters, are the ones that complain there isn't enough to do. Well maybe if they didn't just grind to the max they'd enjoy it more. I'm enjoying my slow leveling and just playing with friends. I had a new person join, level 1, brand new, and I quested with them. We went to moatoob, and within 1.5 hours she was almost level 10. If I wasn't playing with her, she never would have been able to kill anything and get that massive EXP for a level 1 character. I had much more fun helping her, then grinding away on S level missions.

It's all about enjoying the game. If you enjoy grinding to 60, go ahead, but I won't give a rat's ass if you start complaining there's nothing to do when you max everything. Me? I take my time and just have fun, and challenge myself.

THE JACKEL

Tear
Dec 23, 2006, 07:05 PM
On 2006-12-23 16:01, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

Personally I see most of the level 60 characters, are the ones that complain there isn't enough to do. Well maybe if they didn't just grind to the max they'd enjoy it more. I'm enjoying my slow leveling and just playing with friends. I had a new person join, level 1, brand new, and I quested with them. We went to moatoob, and within 1.5 hours she was almost level 10. If I wasn't playing with her, she never would have been able to kill anything and get that massive EXP for a level 1 character. I had much more fun helping her, then grinding away on S level missions.

It's all about enjoying the game. If you enjoy grinding to 60, go ahead, but I won't give a rat's ass if you start complaining there's nothing to do when you max everything. Me? I take my time and just have fun, and challenge myself.

THE JACKEL

Wins the thread. That's exactly the reason why you shouldn't rush or you'll be bored until the next update.

chaostroop
Dec 23, 2006, 07:22 PM
......im still 47 and ive played sense it came out =(

Guitarsmasher
Dec 23, 2006, 07:38 PM
On 2006-12-23 16:01, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

THE JACKEL

if your character in psu is named "jackel" or "the jackel" (i forget) i think i was in your group a couple days ago. i forget what mission it was.....i think de ragen S. but anywho, my ID is around 4600, and i just got to lvl 54 like an hour ago, so w00t. its hard balancing synthing items to make money and grinding to lvl up. but yea, i find it fun in helping noobies too. show them around the place and stuff like that. i also find it harder than youd believe, to stay in a group that doesnt talk at all. i hate that so much! i can barely do 2 missions with groups like that. but o well, you find pplz like tht i guess

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 23, 2006, 08:40 PM
my character's name is Jackel, and I was doing De Ragan S the other day, so you may have very well been in my party. Next time you see me, give me your card!

THE JACKEL

Esufer
Dec 23, 2006, 09:53 PM

I didn't mean it that way. I meant that all people seem to go on there for is to level up. =/ I have two friends I used to play with, and they didn't even know a thing about the story, but were way higher levels than me. Which i think is a bit wrong in an RPG. I figure you should just enjoy every bit of the game, and shouldn't grasp to be a million times strong than everyone else.

It's nice to have goals, but don't forget it's a game, and not a job.

EDIT: I just re-read my first post. I guess I did mean it that way. I am a mong. =/ I should have used a better example like Guild Wars or something. ("you're not level 20 so you suck")

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reigast on 2006-12-23 18:55 ]</font>