PDA

View Full Version : Do you get really bad slowdown on 360?

-Shimarisu-
Dec 23, 2006, 12:21 AM
Right I decided today it was in fact, UNPLAYABLE because I cannot run up to people to heal them in time. I just get too slow when I approach monsters. Can't heal with lvl 1 resta (and I want to be a guntecher), can't use my dual handguns (they slow me down), can't play in parties of more than 3 without HORRENDOUS slowdown. Becoming a hunter isn't an option, PLAINLY it would be worse if I did.

No, my 360 is not overheating.

No, my 360 is not doing this with other games (though I only have one).

No, it's not an import. Yes, I'm in 60Hz. Yes, it's Japanese, but so is the game. No, I don't want to hear "I BET ALL JAPANESE 360S DO THAT" because it doesn't help me at all.

Help me find out what I need to do by filling out the poll.

Realmz
Dec 23, 2006, 12:26 AM
i feel like being a dick today (except to garnet_moon) so, use a computer?

failing that, nothing seems to be wrong with your 360, is your connection doing all right? if others are having trouble it could also be a problem with the server

McLaughlin
Dec 23, 2006, 12:27 AM
I'm on a Toshiba 27" CRT Flat Screen and I've had no problems.

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 23, 2006, 12:29 AM
probably a perfectionist shimarisu is and can't have one ounce of lag, thats my guess.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 23, 2006, 12:32 AM
I DIDN'T have one ounce of lag on the PC version.

Except when my PC was full of residual process. At FIRST HINT of slowdown, I would reset.

How can you be a reliable ranger/healer when you're too slow to fire regular status/cast resta?

Sekani
Dec 23, 2006, 12:37 AM
I think your 360 is defective. Seriously, this is the first time I've ever heard of an issue with "really bad slowdown". Try asking on some japanese forums.

AlphaMinotaux
anyway thats how the game plays i've heard, not the first time i hear about the 360 having slow fps at times, better than ps2 though but not better than PC if you have a good one.

-Shimarisu-
I'm fucked.

-Shimarisu-
Thanks broomop, you COCK SWALLOWER.

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 23, 2006, 12:38 AM
thought broomop was dead? havent seen or heard about him in ages lol

watashiwa
Dec 23, 2006, 06:04 AM
The 360 version of this game indeed has slowdown. And, to the 360 players who don't notice it, it's still there.. even if you don't. =P You just don't know how to spot the slowdown or you're just used to it and think that's how the game is s'posed to be played because maybe you've only played the PS2 version and never played the game on a decent PC.

The 360 version of this game pretty much has slowdown just about any time special effects occur on-screen. Things from monsters appearing, technics or photon art use, attacking (with the hit animatioin displayed), you'll get a hit in the frame rate for the duration of the effect.. it's quite annoying when you're used to smooth gameplay from another platform, but you get used to it after a few minutes of playing..

The slowdown isn't really as bad as Shimarisu described.. at least not for me.. the game is still quite playable.. so, it is possible there is some sort of issue somewhere for her..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2006-12-23 03:05 ]</font>

Bleemo
Dec 23, 2006, 06:14 AM
I've noticed 360's natural slowdown, coming from the PC version. It's not nearly as bad as Shimarisu is describing, though.

LunarChaos
Dec 23, 2006, 07:33 AM
Yes, there is slowdown on the 360 version. Blame Sega and their shitty optimization.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 23, 2006, 07:39 AM
Bought VGA cable and i'm seeing a definite improvement.

It really looks like the game was ported and then optimised for widescreen, and 4:3 is a forced mode based on that, I don't know.

Sychosis
Dec 23, 2006, 08:55 AM
On 2006-12-23 04:39, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Bought VGA cable and i'm seeing a definite improvement.

It really looks like the game was ported and then optimised for widescreen, and 4:3 is a forced mode based on that, I don't know.

Bingo. In 4:3 the game can only output at 480i/p (depending on tv/monitor). Unlike most 360 games, PSU will not go into letterbox mode when in widescreen on a 4:3 monitor so that just looks horrible. Your only options for widescreen resolutions are a monitor that can manipulate screen sizes, or an HDTV.

Also, you don't have a harddrive?

TwilightSea
Dec 23, 2006, 09:15 AM
The only time I'll actually get lag is during Story Mission #2.

Dy3
Dec 23, 2006, 11:38 AM
OKay dude...your TV has NOTHING to do with it. Your system MAY be messed up, but I doubt it. It's your internet connection. Try running your modem directly to the Xbox. If you're using as router or running through your PC then take off any firewall's you might have up.

McLaughlin
Dec 23, 2006, 11:48 AM
Shim is talking about SLOWDOWN, NOT LAG.

And he/she has already said he/she has fixed it (or at least improved it).

PJ
Dec 23, 2006, 11:53 AM
On 2006-12-23 06:15, TwilightSea wrote:
The only time I'll actually get lag is during Story Mission #2.

Even though I'm on the PS2, which I assume has considerable more lag, I noticed the beginning of that mission has such BAD lag/slowdown/whatever. Is that caused by all the floaty traps?