PDA

View Full Version : PC or 360?

Talomis
Dec 23, 2006, 05:41 PM
Just wondering what you guys would recommend playing on. Heading out to pick either up soon. Thanks in advance!

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 23, 2006, 05:42 PM
Which system do you like to play on the most?~

That's the real question...

Talomis
Dec 23, 2006, 05:43 PM
Just heard about the "slow down" on 360, which worries me slightly. But yeah, I would probably prefer 360 if the slowdown doesnt effect gameplay that much

McLaughlin
Dec 23, 2006, 05:45 PM
You should be aware of the rampant hacking currently ruling the PC/PS2 servers.

So now you're aware >_>

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 23, 2006, 05:48 PM
X360 has voice chat while the PS2/PC has to use programs like Ventrilo and Teamspeak or even xfire if you want to verbally speak to one another.

Currently there's a few more players in the ps2/pc version than the x360.

I believe shimarisu and Bleemo will give input about the 360 since they've switched from ps2/pc.

RussInDaHill
Dec 23, 2006, 05:48 PM

Tear
Dec 23, 2006, 05:50 PM
Both systems can slow down at time to time. PC really depends on your hardware. I can run 1280x1024 high quality + post effects and record using FRAPs @ 60FPS without a hiccup and my pc doesn't selfdestruct but that's just me.

Peak on PC/PS2 is about Uni01 full and about 1 star in some other universes which really isn't much.

AtomicHunter
Dec 23, 2006, 05:52 PM
I play on 360 and it rocks I have had no slowdown experience and there is no hacking and the vioce chat is a huge plus.
Ajax CAST lvl 60 Fortegunner lvl 6
Atomic Human lvl 50 Figunner lvl 2

mogshaz
Dec 23, 2006, 05:53 PM
yeah, if you can choose go with 360.

Nobo
Dec 23, 2006, 05:54 PM
360 because the PC is currently being hacked and do you really want to ruin your game expeirience by using the stupid mouse. Man the mouse pisses me off.

Randomness
Dec 23, 2006, 05:54 PM
On 2006-12-23 14:45, Zeta wrote:
You should be aware of the rampant hacking currently ruling the PC/PS2 servers.

So now you're aware >_>

What hacking? Seriously, go look in a dictionary sometime.

There isn't any hacking on PS2/PC. Hacking implies they're accessing the server and modifying data.

There is a known bug related to rooms that is simple to deal with, and theres some meseta duping, but there's no hacking.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 23, 2006, 05:56 PM
Exploitation. not a hack my friends. Just excessive... exploitation x.x

Randomness
Dec 23, 2006, 05:59 PM
On 2006-12-23 14:56, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
Exploitation. not a hack my friends. Just excessive... exploitation x.x

I know, it's a shame that some people call it hacking anyways to promote the XBox version.

And fyi, hacking's a felony, anyone who did that would likely get chewed to bits by lawyers... Shame exploits aren't.

Nukei
Dec 23, 2006, 06:05 PM
I say PC because you can switch from other windows to Psu xD

I know, it's a shame that some people call it hacking anyways to promote the XBox version.

Taris
Dec 23, 2006, 06:06 PM
Voice Chat was a big selling point for me (especially since they fixed most of the old Voice Chat issues.)

I can play Final Fantasy 11 and type on the keyboard during fights. It's not hard, since there isn't exactly much "actiony" controller stuff involved in that, when a fight starts.

But PSU? I'll be damned if I ever have to drop my controller in the middle of a fight just to type something out. (There's still no "simple chat" in PSU-360, and 12 prefab macro-messages doesn't cut it.)

I played PSO for years with the whole "stop and type" thing. No way will I go back to that, uh-uh...not when a microphone can be used....

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 23, 2006, 07:05 PM
On 2006-12-23 14:54, Nobo wrote:
360 because the PC is currently being hacked and do you really want to ruin your game expeirience by using the stupid mouse. Man the mouse pisses me off.

The PC version doesn't use the mouse at all, everything is controlled with the keyboard actually.

I love having it on my laptop, wireless internet wherever I go, I can play!

THE JACKEL

Schubalts
Dec 23, 2006, 08:55 PM
There seem to be more 360 fan(boys, yea I said it)s around nowadays, who seem to take every oppurtunity to bash the PC/PS2 versions...

AnamanaAU
Dec 23, 2006, 08:56 PM
I play/ed PC and I'd say, go with 360 if you own one. At least Microsoft does something about hackers/cheaters.

mogshaz
Dec 23, 2006, 09:01 PM
On 2006-12-23 17:56, JubeiSaotome wrote:
I play/ed PC and I'd say, go with 360 if you own one. At least Microsoft does something about hackers/cheaters.

same. i currently play PC and i would never tell some one to take PC over 360. maybe, if i disliked them.....maybe

Schubalts
Dec 23, 2006, 09:02 PM
See? >_>

Sekani
Dec 23, 2006, 09:31 PM
Let's have a somewhat fair comparison at least.

PC has better graphics, less "slowdown", more overall players, a built-in screenshot feature, more "hardcore" players, more role-players, and serious issues with harmful and downright malicious exploits.

360 has more simultaneous players, built-in voice chat, more lackadaisical players, frequent connection issues, more lag in certain areas, and is unlikely to be plagued with the exploits that have wrecked the PC version.

I went with 360 solely for the voice chat.

McLaughlin
Dec 23, 2006, 10:52 PM
On 2006-12-23 14:48, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
X360 has voice chat while the PS2/PC has to use programs like Ventrilo and Teamspeak or even xfire if you want to verbally speak to one another.

Currently there's a few more players in the ps2/pc version than the x360.

I believe shimarisu and Bleemo will give input about the 360 since they've switched from ps2/pc.

Total users, yeah. A few.

But simulatanious users? 360 wins out.

And if the room "exploit" makes the server think that a room is yours, what good is a Password? You don't need to enter it if your heading into your own room, which is what the game thinks you're doing.

Unless, they're FORCING the game to recognize you as the owner of the room once they're already in, which is altering data, which Randomness said constitutes as hacking, in which case a Password would keep them from entering.

twitche
Dec 23, 2006, 11:05 PM
I have played both but i moved over to 360.
It will and does have alot less haXinG! But if it was not for that i'd stick with my PC. I like it so much better...Untill it fried.

Silenced
Dec 24, 2006, 03:41 AM
Don't worry about the issue of keyboard vs. controller. You can always use a 360 controller (the wired kind). Just get the drivers off of MS's website. Or you can buy the controller. It's like $30.

The implications of the hacking are also questionable... and remember, if SEGA ever comes around to fix them, eventually (because the level cap will go up), the remifications of the current hacking will be negligable.

DarkSeph
Dec 24, 2006, 03:48 AM
only reason i would like to use the pc over the 360.....

......i could take some decent screenshots for once......

damn it anyway

Mewnie
Dec 24, 2006, 04:25 AM
the exploits are not nearly as bad as some make it out to be, damn hysteria >:3

It depends, get a 360 is you like the games library and plan of buying more. Voice chat is a blessing AND a curse.

I chose PC because a)I'm not interested in consoles anymore. b)I just got a new computer :3 c)I don't want to hear some screaming adolescent telling me 'DIE AND I'LL KICK YOU!'

Schubalts
Dec 24, 2006, 10:10 AM
I'm guessing some didn't read a post in the Cheaters forum:

The last patch(might have been that GameGuard update) basically prevents one of the ways that meseta was being duped in. The values that were being editted are now showing as ??.

Sychosis
Dec 24, 2006, 10:19 AM
On 2006-12-23 17:55, Schubalts wrote:
There seem to be more 360 fan(boys, yea I said it)s around nowadays, who seem to take every oppurtunity to bash the PC/PS2 versions...

It's karmic retribution for all the "360 is gonna fail, no one wants to play it" posts from months before release and "lol MS security?" attacks that have been happening lately.

Does it justify it? No. But it certainly explains it.

Katrina
Dec 24, 2006, 11:23 AM
I play PC/PS2. I would have to recommend 360. The PS2/PC economy is very bad off atm from all the meseta duping. While they fixed the exploit, it's much easier to 'get around the system' with a PC then a 360. Plus, any problems / issues from exploiting and script kiddies will be on a much smaller scale compared to PC.

If you don't mind exploits, play your preference. The communities are nice for both. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Retehi
Dec 24, 2006, 11:27 AM
Just ignore the platform boot licker's. You won't get anything reasonable out of them.

Pick whatever is convenient for you, and get some friends on either side. Your experience will be fun, no matter what.

Ronzeru
Dec 24, 2006, 11:30 AM
360. The PC/PS2 is getting hit by dupes, and their PMs and rooms getting fucked up. I'll bet you anything that soon people will be able to PK again. It's only a matter of time, and I bet you more than anything that they are looking into it as we speak. That's how online Phantasy Star games work if you follow the history.

-dis-
Dec 24, 2006, 11:48 AM
Not only that, but I heard that they can go into your computer, and race lightcycles, and then come out of the computer in your room and shortsheet your bed!

And take all your cookies without saying thanks.

You need to get in your bathtub and close the shower curtain until you hear that it is safe to come out.

Kanore
Dec 24, 2006, 11:54 AM

Err... and these are some of the people you'll be playing with with the 'great population' on 360.

Hey, buddy, you don't USE THE MOUSE.

Jeeze, that arguement's like that guy at the Gamestop that told me 'Right now, I'm not gonna buy the PS3 because it has no rumble.'

Seriously, learn2formarguements

mogshaz
Dec 24, 2006, 12:00 PM
On 2006-12-24 08:54, Kanore wrote:

Err... and these are some of the people you'll be playing with with the 'great population' on 360.

Hey, buddy, you don't USE THE MOUSE.

Jeeze, that arguement's like that guy at the Gamestop that told me 'Right now, I'm not gonna buy the PS3 because it has no rumble.'

Seriously, learn2formarguements

i could say the same thing about the argument against getting the 360 version. If all you can do is call some one who disagrees with you a fanboy you should just stop posting.

Mewnie
Dec 24, 2006, 12:00 PM
On 2006-12-24 08:30, Ronzeru wrote:
360. The PC/PS2 is getting hit by dupes, and their PMs and rooms getting fucked up. I'll bet you anything that soon people will be able to PK again. It's only a.. blahblahblah

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

X3

McLaughlin
Dec 24, 2006, 12:04 PM
"Lik3, ZOMGzz!!!! H3 t0ld him ab0ut t3h |-|4x wh1l3 w3 w3r3 try1ng to r3cru1t h1m!!??!!!111?! J0o 4r3 4 F4NB0Y!!!!"

Seriously, shut the fuck up and give him the facts. Just because you're suffering doesn't mean he has to.