PDA

View Full Version : S/D/J/Z and all the other buffs... seriously.. is it ever go

huntlyon
Dec 23, 2006, 10:36 PM
my FOmar in the days of PSOX was anally obsessive about his S/D/J/Z duties.. and that figured a lot into my decision to go Wartecher...

the issue with these spells is that as soon as they're available, everyone will spam them to holy hell to get them maxxed... hello autofire controller. we all assume sega will release the techs.. but I have to wonder if it's ever going to happen at this rate.

what the hell is taking so long for such basic and classic techs?

Careful
Dec 23, 2006, 10:43 PM
Maybe next year they will release them

McLaughlin
Dec 23, 2006, 10:47 PM
Seriously, do you have any patience?

You're like a kid the night before Christmas. *ba-zing!*

Rizen
Dec 23, 2006, 10:47 PM
Patience...and level what you have to work with currently.

Careful
Dec 23, 2006, 10:50 PM
Yes we've only been waiting 3 months, everyone being gimp and stuff with no S rank weapons. Crappy armor, crappy slot units, crappy spells, crappy PA's, crappy customer support, crappy lag, crappy servers.

No need to be impatient at all!

McLaughlin
Dec 23, 2006, 10:54 PM
On 2006-12-23 19:50, Careful wrote:
Yes we've only been waiting 3 months, everyone being gimp and stuff with no S rank weapons. Crappy armor, crappy slot units, crappy spells, crappy PA's, crappy customer support, crappy lag, crappy servers.

You may be gimped but I'm sure as hell not. Last I checked the letter S was the rank of a Crea Double, which has been successfully synthesized. Your server may suck, but mine doesn't.

Guess the problem lies on your end.

Rizen
Dec 23, 2006, 10:55 PM
Hm...I don't believe you have fully explored the game to the fulliest if you think equipments that aren't S rank is crappy.

Would you rather everything was released at once and be bored rather quick?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2006-12-23 19:56 ]</font>

Careful
Dec 23, 2006, 10:58 PM
I would rather them release everything then work on new stuff. Oh and 1 S rank, yay.

Rizen
Dec 23, 2006, 11:06 PM
They can't release new stuff if theres still problems/bugs/improvements to be done with the current content. Just like any other MMO, they are releasing stuff slowly and making sure it works according and adjusting if need be. If everything was released at once, that means thats its alot more content to look over and manage.

And we are talking SEGA here, they aren't like the big MMO companys that are far more experienced.

And if you are really unhappy with whats available online, play offline until it is released.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2006-12-23 20:08 ]</font>

Ether
Dec 23, 2006, 11:11 PM
January 12th

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 23, 2006, 11:11 PM
3 months? I've only had it 2 months... you must have played BETA. I got the game the day it came out, and it hasn't been out for 3 months.

I would guess that some of these will be released the 12th, I don't know what other techs would get released for FOs

THE JACKEL

twitche
Dec 23, 2006, 11:12 PM
I have not had any problems with any of the servers.
And they are geting there the game has not been out long enough to complain. It will get there. And trust me i have started over a few of my forces. They are not "Crappy" Equipment theres just Starter,To S rank.

Q_Anon
Dec 23, 2006, 11:39 PM
January 12th

Quoted for truth, if you paid attention it mentions a patch with new PA's coming on Jan 12 on the home page of this site right at the top.

PaladinRPG
Dec 24, 2006, 12:23 AM
So some booster techs are in the Jan 12th update? I certainly would love that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 24, 2006, 01:07 AM
that would be so cool. can't wait for Jellen and Zalure specifically, my Guntecher will actually be useful, although Hunters will still be needed as her partners.

UltimateCarl
Dec 24, 2006, 01:23 AM
Whoah, I get buffs for my birthday! XD

huntlyon
Dec 24, 2006, 01:34 AM
I can understand delays on level caps, harder hitting spells, s rank weapons...

but come on... jellen and zalure?

SirenV
Dec 24, 2006, 01:44 AM
Well... in all fairness. Alot of people have already left PSU and are not coming back BECAUSE of the fact that the current content is too meager for their liking (Whether in quality or number). So if you say people would have been bored if they released it all at once.... well.. they already are bored and gone becuase they didn't release enough. I have a 59 fortetecher.. but havent played in awhile becuase there's really not much to do. I am, however, going to continue to play and see how the game is after more content is added over the next few months.

The first major update brought back many people for about a week before it died down again. To be honest, I'm not sure if this game will last as long as they wanted it to. They only expected PSO to last a few months but it has lasted several years now. They have planned for this game to last several years... but I'm not entirely certain it will.

Carbinne
Dec 24, 2006, 01:57 AM
See, once we get stuff like Jellen and all that we'll see all these new players complaining non-stop. About how Jellen or whatever costs so much PP, or how it only lasts half a minute, or how it is impossible to level, or SOMEthing that they think sucks about it. And all of us will tell them to sit down while we tell a story about a time when we didn't have no stinkin' Zelure -- how every guy and his brother who wanted to get some fancy stat-ups didn't, no COULDN'T, go around kicking out wartechers here and there "cause they didn't keep attack up on everybody." Back then we had none of that son, if we wanted power boosts we had to CARRY AGTARIDES everywhere. You didn't have half a minute to prep everyone up with the whole lineup of defense boosts before you fought Onmagoggy, you had to either go in there and start dancin' like a butterfly or go through a good couple of Megistarides n'order to keep your sorry behind protected. And--

Then before anything else can happen the leader says "omg stfu" and bam, the party gets one size smaller. Damn kids, don't appreciate what they get nowdays.

Hrith
Dec 24, 2006, 05:32 AM
heh, we should get a few buff PAs on 01/12/07 but I doubt we'll get Zodial and Zoleel, the ones I want the most, so far.

I'll be glad, whatever it is we get, anyway.

MegaBUD
Dec 24, 2006, 06:28 AM
ill leave soon after the next update... sorry sega thats the last crappy game i buy from you...

A2K
Dec 24, 2006, 06:43 AM
Honestly, I don't see the need for them right now. They would be a useful asset if they were available, I suppose, but I don't think they'll be utterly necessary until the final S missions are released (Moatoob caves, Hive, etc.). In the meantime the stat-buffing items are sufficient for what's available.

LocGaw
Dec 24, 2006, 07:56 AM
On 2006-12-23 22:57, Carbinne wrote:
See, once we get stuff like Jellen and all that we'll see all these new players complaining non-stop. About how Jellen or whatever costs so much PP, or how it only lasts half a minute, or how it is impossible to level, or SOMEthing that they think sucks about it. And all of us will tell them to sit down while we tell a story about a time when we didn't have no stinkin' Zelure -- how every guy and his brother who wanted to get some fancy stat-ups didn't, no COULDN'T, go around kicking out wartechers here and there "cause they didn't keep attack up on everybody." Back then we had none of that son, if we wanted power boosts we had to CARRY AGTARIDES everywhere. You didn't have half a minute to prep everyone up with the whole lineup of defense boosts before you fought Onmagoggy, you had to either go in there and start dancin' like a butterfly or go through a good couple of Megistarides n'order to keep your sorry behind protected. And--

Then before anything else can happen the leader says "omg stfu" and bam, the party gets one size smaller. Damn kids, don't appreciate what they get nowdays.

I still have cardboard boxes for my feet, couldn't afford the shoes that came in them...

Remember having to walk uphill both ways to fight the DeRagon in the snowy cold of winter with only a L2 Foie to keep 6 of us warm?

Cursed kids and their new fangled flyers!!!

Alisha
Dec 24, 2006, 08:14 AM
the problem with the lack of s/d j/z is that in pso they were a huge part of fomar/l playstyle. without them there would of been no point in playing them and fonnewm/newearl would of been the superior forces.

Mystil
Dec 24, 2006, 10:18 AM
On 2006-12-24 03:43, A2K wrote:
Honestly, I don't see the need for them right now. They would be a useful asset if they were available, I suppose, but I don't think they'll be utterly necessary until the final S missions are released (Moatoob caves, Hive, etc.). In the meantime the stat-buffing items are sufficient for what's available.

I hate buying those things.

FATBLACKCHICK
Dec 24, 2006, 10:31 AM
When shifta and deband come, everyone will kick ass http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif And when Zalure and Jellen come, everyone will kick even more ass!
Patience children.

Sayara
Dec 24, 2006, 11:12 AM
It'll be worth like 70000 meseta probably too!

I can shifta, but not Deband cuz i can't afford lol!! Hmm, I wonder if it even tags anyway? Like in PSO and what not.

Ogni-XR21
Dec 25, 2006, 03:33 PM
If it doesn't tag I WILL QUIT!

It simply has to tag, it has to....

PJ
Dec 25, 2006, 03:54 PM
On 2006-12-23 19:54, Zeta wrote:

On 2006-12-23 19:50, Careful wrote:

You may be gimped but I'm sure as hell not. Last I checked the letter S was the rank of a Crea Double, which has been successfully synthesized. Your server may suck, but mine doesn't.

Guess the problem lies on your end.

Normally I'd disagree with Zeta, but he does know what he's talking about.

I wonder what server he's playing on. Can't be PC/PS2/XBox 360 servers, they have pretty much everything we've whined for, and a laggy server? I think that's a hint!

I think he's playing on the retarded server. You know, the non-existant one.

BahnKnakyu
Dec 25, 2006, 04:51 PM
January 12th = the update the JP players had a month or so ago. Read: Buffs/debuffs, 2nd generation of PAs (not the Ultimates, but I hope that follows SHORTLY thereafter), new outfits, new missions, and so on and so forth.

Keep yer pants on. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

omegapirate2k
Dec 25, 2006, 05:17 PM
If you want to see all the new techs and stuff, then why don't you play story/extra mode, where they are all unlocked (Eventually), that should satisfy your curiosity until you can use them online.

huntlyon
Dec 25, 2006, 06:13 PM
On 2006-12-25 14:17, omegapirate2k wrote:
If you want to see all the new techs and stuff, then why don't you play story/extra mode, where they are all unlocked (Eventually), that should satisfy your curiosity until you can use them online.

been there, done that, on the last chapter...

I was a huge fan of the FOmar and am playing a human wartecher as a result.. not having the buff/debuffs in game somewhat diminishes the value of the hybrid magic classes...

Wartecher pratically screams J/Z