PDA

View Full Version : So is it worth making a 450?

maximo1987
Dec 24, 2006, 10:49 AM
I was just reading the Quick and Dirty Mind PM faq, and I decided to make my own 450. Then, I read around some more, and see that the 450 no longer heals your character like it used to. What's the deal with this, and is it worth my time building my PM to 450 status?

Tahldon
Dec 24, 2006, 11:15 AM
Assumedly. When the fix comes around she'll be totally worth it.

I, personally, have a 450 for the thought that she should be able to make rods better. I'm a Fortetecher I can heal myself, but I need rods so yeah..

maximo1987
Dec 24, 2006, 11:25 AM
But how can we be assured that this fix is ever actually coming around?
As she is right now, is she worth it? How effectively can she heal?

albel399
Dec 24, 2006, 11:29 AM
in japan shes fixed, so im beting the january 12th update fixes it

Tahldon
Dec 24, 2006, 11:32 AM
Well MY 450 heals when HER HP is in the LOW YELLOW, she's never flat off the bat went "Oh my master is hurting lemme heal him!" cause she's a brat.. but that's another story.

Unless you want to take the chance of getting her beat up to the point to where she goes "You must protect me!" then get upset at you and start doing it herself and you jump into the heal spamming, you're pretty much gonna be sucking.

I wouldn't -depend- on it, but if you like taking chances, then you can get her to heal you right now. She takes forever, but she'll do it.

So yeah..

maximo1987
Dec 24, 2006, 11:40 AM
Do you think it's pretty much a definite that she will go back to being an effective healer with the jan 12 patch?

Tahldon
Dec 24, 2006, 11:49 AM
Well no one can guarantee that but the Sonic Team, man. Unless they say it that's the only way we'll know if it's concrete or not.

People can assume and all, but -right now- I, myself, can't tell you anything on that.

But they say it's fixed on JP servers so it most likely will be fixed on ours.

It's obvious that she's "Broken". She has a hajirod and a granarod and some kind of wand. I know it's not a cometara..

She uses two different Foie and Rafoie techs. An example you ask? She has a level 30 Rafoie and foie on the Granarod then switches over to the Hajirod and she has level 10 techs. That's just unusual within itself.

She spams Jellen >.< and she doesn't heal me.. she's selfish and only heals herself when she deems it necessary >.>

That's all I've observed of My 450, Hina Ichigo.

Mhm..

A2K
Dec 24, 2006, 11:53 AM
Well, like other NPCs, I'm guessing she probably doesn't pull out the Granarod until she's a high level (yours plus ten, as always)--before that she'll stick with the Hajirod primarily. That's how it works with Maya, anyway. After level 50 Maya'll start casting Dizas and Retiar with a Granarod.

I brought this up before but I also recall Maya healing a lot more previously as well. Maybe she'll be "fixed" alongside 450.

Tahldon
Dec 24, 2006, 11:58 AM
That's actually why I stated that she has a Granarod.

I've been reading that she's supposed to have a Tomoirod and a Mayrod as opposed to a Hajirod and a Granarod..however better it's supposed to be.

I've been getting her BT stat up to see if she changes any.. using Megiverse or...having a different kind of wand/rod.

Something, but She's only 58 and I've only noticed that she casts immediately upon encountering enemies as opposed to standing there and watching me do it.

I'll do a heal test and get back with you on the results at a higher BT stat, Maximo.

Spellbinder
Dec 24, 2006, 02:39 PM
I forogt where I read it, but if I'm not mistaken, although JP PSU has content updates two months or so ahead of US, any technical updates such as the whole shock vs. silence on enemies in LL get shared between the US and JP versions fairly quickly. Using the LL megid debate as an example, although shock seemed to work on JP and silence worked on US, not long after I saw this debate start up, JP PSU received a patch so that silence would work like the US version.

So, if SEGA decides to keep that similar trend, the next update should hopefully have your GH-450 fixed. ::snuggles with his GH-450::

Ronzeru
Dec 24, 2006, 02:51 PM
No it's not worth it. I've seen that thing. It's pure evil incarnate. It tells things to suffer, and to burn. And it makes this guy I know named Tahldon cry himself to sleep at night, because it works him like a dog. He won't admit to this problem, because it's sorta very similiar to a married woman that is physically and verbally abused by her husband. She still thinks that the love between them is enough to make the relationship continue, but it's painful to see her that way.

That's the same relationship Tahldon and his 450 PM Hina Ichigo are in. I hate seeing friends like this. I don't want this to happen to anyone else.

Ryoki
Dec 24, 2006, 03:01 PM
Listen to Ronzeru. That thing scares the hell out of me.

Hahaha! Burn!
Die!

Garnet_Moon
Dec 24, 2006, 03:06 PM
Who cares if she heals? My GH450 is my money tree. Lidras are cheap to make and sell well, so who cares if she heals properly or not right now? She will eventually, but right now she is still an EXTREMELY good PM for making profit, and she will still be when we get even more items. Go pure with her or don't make her at all. You'll kick yourself later if you don't.

Tahldon
Dec 24, 2006, 04:42 PM
On 2006-12-24 11:51, Ronzeru wrote:
No it's not worth it. I've seen that thing. It's pure evil incarnate. It tells things to suffer, and to burn. And it makes this guy I know named Tahldon cry himself to sleep at night, because it works him like a dog. He won't admit to this problem, because it's sorta very similiar to a married woman that is physically and verbally abused by her husband. She still thinks that the love between them is enough to make the relationship continue, but it's painful to see her that way.

That's the same relationship Tahldon and his 450 PM Hina Ichigo are in. I hate seeing friends like this. I don't want this to happen to anyone else.

http://www.angelfire.com/droid/boltz/meg4.bmp

STAY OUT OF MY LIFE!! Hina... HIna loves me!!

*cries*

foamcup
Dec 24, 2006, 05:01 PM
On 2006-12-24 12:01, Ryoki wrote:
Listen to Ronzeru. That thing scares the hell out of me.

Hahaha! Burn!
Die!

Heh heh, 450 is like the Archons on Starcraft.

ANNIHILATE

OBLITERATE

KILL

Anyway, I'm a Fortetecher, so I definitely want me one of those. I don't take my PM into battle, so I don't care if she's broken.

PaladinRPG
Dec 24, 2006, 05:47 PM
Well as it stands right now, the GH-450 heals you if you are nearby and at 20% health or less.

Jasam
Dec 24, 2006, 06:21 PM
She's broke, and is usless as a relaiable healbot.
If we get the Fix she will rock.....

Untill then... I'm not sure what to do myself actuly http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif'

EC_Subbie
Dec 24, 2006, 08:41 PM
450 is worthless now unless you're a force and synth force weapons. I have one, and loved it before they nerfed the heals. I never use it now since it's meant for healing..they broke healing, and it's attack spells suck.

EC_Subbie
Dec 24, 2006, 08:44 PM
On 2006-12-24 14:47, PaladinRPG wrote:
Well as it stands right now, the GH-450 heals you if you are nearby and at 20% health or less.

Yea and even in that case she takes her sweet old time to pull out the heal rod. Usually by then I'd be dead or have to run around like an idiot, dodging enemies until she pulls it out.

Sailor_V_64
Dec 25, 2006, 04:42 AM
god that's horrible. that's the one i'm trying to make

Sailor_V_64
Dec 25, 2006, 04:42 AM
Quick and Dirty Mind Faq?

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 25, 2006, 04:52 AM
as far as i know jp just had there 450's fixed (and by that i dont mean they cant have babies anymore) so i would assume in a few more big patches ours will get fixed also.

Id say for a force its a bad pm even if it does heal, go with a 410 or somthing. As a meele person it could be good for solo I suppose. But you wont be taking it into S rank missions probably so its still limited end game.

Mystil
Dec 25, 2006, 04:28 PM
I'm going to raise one just because of it's nuking power.

Merumeru
Dec 25, 2006, 05:20 PM
XD its prowess for making meseta sounds delectable, those synth percentages must be nice pure X3 and if this magical patch im hearing of solves al of our qualms regarding its resta-bility, im sure itll be worth creating-deleting characters over and over again XD

maximo1987
Dec 25, 2006, 05:30 PM
Confirmation:
I was planning on making the 50/0/30/0 PM as in the Quick and Dirty Mind Faq, NOT a pure Mind PM. Does this change how frequently it heals? Overall usefulness for soloing?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: maximo1987 on 2006-12-25 14:31 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 25, 2006, 05:40 PM
Focast ftw!!

Its better for it's support roll since it's not a newmn... Thats the reason why the 450 isnt up to par with her damage x.x

Mazoku
Dec 25, 2006, 09:56 PM
On 2006-12-25 14:30, maximo1987 wrote:
Confirmation:
I was planning on making the 50/0/30/0 PM as in the Quick and Dirty Mind Faq, NOT a pure Mind PM. Does this change how frequently it heals? Overall usefulness for soloing?

PM stats do not effect their battle skills at all.