PDA

View Full Version : Rumors spreading throughout the X360 community (Christmas pr

JC10001
Dec 24, 2006, 04:00 PM
I've heard both of these from a quite a few people. I haven't read anything about it here though so I figured it was bull. I tried telling people but they didn't want to hear it. I gotta admit I got a kick out listening to these folks though. Where do people get this stuff?

Rumor 1: If you have a Christmas tree in your room Sega will give you a present on Christmas day. Pretty simple. What's funny is that several shops have ads that read something along the lines of "Christmas trees 10K...buy one now to get a present".

Rumor 2: Feng Shui. This one is a little more complicated but here goes. If you arrange the items in your room a certain way you can increase the drop rate for rare items. Supposedly the optimum arrangement is as follows:

A B C
D D
A C

B

E F F E

The letters represent room deocrations. You will need 6 pairs of decorations total and supposedly the rarer the decoration the greater the effect will be. Also the effect is on a planet-by-planet basis so if you do a lot of Neudaiz runs you would want to fill your room with Neudaiz-specific decorations.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JC10001 on 2006-12-24 13:17 ]</font>

Carbinne
Dec 24, 2006, 04:20 PM
My room is filled with linear line models and only linear line models. Does that work?

JC10001
Dec 24, 2006, 04:23 PM
I personally think this is bull. The only reason I posted it is so we could laugh at it. Although, I would imagine that if this were true, you would need 6 different sets of decorations.

Carbinne
Dec 24, 2006, 04:25 PM
I imagine there might be SOME reason why the floor pads have different colors to them. Maybe put red thing on the red pad or something. I wouldn't be surprised if it was true but at the same time I wouldn't bat an eye if people said that they don't get jack from all the effort.

TangledWeb3917
Dec 24, 2006, 04:25 PM
On 2006-12-24 13:00, JC10001 wrote:
Rumor 1: If you have a Christmas tree in your room Sega will give you a present on Christmas day. Pretty simple. What's funny is that several shops have ads that read something along the lines of "Christmas trees 10K...buy one now to get a present".

I have no idea if it's true ... but I have a christmas tree in my room so I hope it is http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif if it's true I hope it's something interesting

Guitarsmasher
Dec 24, 2006, 04:37 PM
there was a thread like a week ago in which ppl were saying "maybe the room decors that are in your room, affect rare drop rates?" so that rumor was started about last week in a psow thread, therefore its not true because people were creating theories of this, you can test it to see if rare drop rates change depending on the decors in your room, but it cant be tested within a week since the thoery was started, and be proved, its impossible in only a week.

and about the christmas tree thing, my guess is that hackers started this so that they can try to break into any unlocked rooms on christmas day, hoping that the person has a tree in their room because of this rumor.

if i were you, i just wouldnt believe any of this bull

zandra117
Dec 24, 2006, 06:15 PM
This is the PSU Feng Shui theory.

Your room is like your own custom section ID.

The higher the star rating of the decorations that you put on blue squares will increase your chances of finding items with blue boxes (recovery items, shields, weapons, etc.)

The higher the star rating of the decorations that you put on green squares will increase your chances of finding items with green boxes (synthesis ingredients and boards.)

The higher the star rating of the decoration that you put on the yellow square will increase your chances of finding yellow box items. (meseta)

The higher the star rating of the decoration that you put on the red square will increase your chances of finding red box items. (rare items)

A player's luck only increases the chances of items actually dropping, your room decorations set is what determines the average rarity and item type of the items that drop.

The planet that the decorations come from may or may not matter.

This theory may be true and it may not be true, it is still being tested.

There is a good possibility that there is some fact in this theory becouse some other games such as animal crossing use a similar system.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-12-24 15:17 ]</font>

Jasam
Dec 24, 2006, 06:16 PM
I think it IS true, that the red square increases the size of you decoration.

That is all.

zanotam
Dec 24, 2006, 06:42 PM
hmmm, my friend has amazing luck with drops so let me check with him on what star lvl's he has on hist stuff...hmm...

-Ryuki-
Dec 24, 2006, 06:48 PM
Is the Feng Shui thing actually legit on PSU? I know it is on Animal Crossing XD

Shye
Dec 24, 2006, 07:15 PM
FFXI had a similar thing so I wouldn't be surprised if there was something to do with the different colored pads.

MomoHana
Dec 24, 2006, 07:19 PM
*wishes could put relaxing jao on all squares*

BloodDragoon
Dec 24, 2006, 08:09 PM
So would filling all of someone's decoration slots with toilets constitute giving them shitty luck? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BloodDragoon on 2006-12-24 17:09 ]</font>

zandra117
Dec 24, 2006, 08:31 PM
Try putting toilets on the green squares and the yellow square and christmas trees on all the blue squares and the red square and see if that makes you find alot of blue items.

nefarious
Dec 24, 2006, 08:37 PM
Shye brings up a good point.

Though drops rates were only affected by (Supposedly) one item, being the Millionaire's Desk, which supposedly gave you another level on Treasure Hunter. Though this was never proven or disproven in all the years FFXI has been out.

Furniture DID however affect crafting success, and fishing.

The colored squares are highly suspect to say the least.

All I can really say on the topic is that...

It's not like it can really hurt to test, or pretend like it works, unless you're blowing alot of money on decorations.

In the end, 4 years from now when PSU is a smaller more tightly knit, and highly documented community, with many proven and disproven theories... There will be Die-hard Feng Shui fanatics, and Die-hard disbelievers, both who swear that they got XYZ of drops, and it was or was not because of Feng Shui.

In the end, for all we know, Sega colored those squares just for shits and giggles.

Itsuki
Dec 25, 2006, 12:12 AM
Actually, the squares are colored because of my room items that take up more than one square. They can only be placed in certain blocks.... Or atleast that was my understanding (and there ARE room decorations that take up more than one block)

Shye
Dec 25, 2006, 01:16 AM
On 2006-12-24 17:37, nefarious wrote:

It's not like it can really hurt to test, or pretend like it works, unless you're blowing alot of money on decorations.

Word

Kirip-san
Dec 25, 2006, 12:09 PM
Negative on the Christmas Tree + Present thing~nyo.
=x

Esufer
Dec 25, 2006, 02:38 PM
I heard the present thing as well. Heard it turns up in the common box?

However, the same guy that told me that, also told me that the Japanese players on X360 would have special dedicated staff to translate their text into english.

I fathom he might have been telling a half-truth.

Ryogen
Dec 25, 2006, 04:13 PM
I know a rumor like that can easily be made up with a little time. See I can't give my say on this. My dad has mad luck in PSU and he the rare things we most likely wish for. I don't know about this though.

WildArms2
Dec 25, 2006, 07:14 PM
this is PSO beat theroy all over again my 2 cents is that their is no affect...my rooms have been bare since i started playing and just recently i started decoprating found a constant steam of rares nothing amazing cept for a few runs i did way in the beginning when i had no decorations up and found 5 rares out of 6 boxes of neu...they were all crap but 5 rares was cool, I did have LV 3 luck that day!

zimmk2vgc
Dec 25, 2006, 09:48 PM
I didn't even notice that there were different coloured squares on the floor =/

Sitka
Dec 25, 2006, 10:34 PM
Hmmm....

I placed a Christmas Tree on the big red square in the middle of my room.....

and

Christmas came this year.

I believe.

ShadowHado
Dec 26, 2006, 01:09 AM
I'm starting to believe the bit about if you put "Neudaiz Decorations up, you get better or more drops in that area."

See, when I first started, I had nothing but Neudaiz items. Scrolls, Lanterns, Touros, etc. Excuse me, and a Rappy Landscape. But anyways, it seemed like I was always ending missions with more items, less empty boxes, and more meseta when I would do things like Forested Islands.

Now, I have 3 Primitive Moatoob Idols up, 3 X-Mas Trees, a wreath, a Rappy, Paper Lantern, Scroll, Lapucha, and an Airboard in my room, which is using the Christmas Room Decoration Ticket. Truth be told that, when I go to Parum, I get crap. I see [B] Scape Doll, [B] Moon Atomizer X and Kubara Wood. MAYBE a Cyral or something like that.

When I go to Neudaiz to solo on my way to Holy Grounds, I fill up quickly on items. Alot of stuff I dump at the NPC, but nonetheless more stock than normal. Or even if I do Mizuraki Defense (because it's all anyone does now), there's more items, 8-10* rares almost EVERY run (and you know like 6+ rares per run) and things are good.

Even in Moatoob when I solo, I will find something decent, or at least get alot of items and money.

OR...

Maybe I'm biased against Parum and it's crappy Mission Points. lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

~~Nate

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowHado on 2006-12-25 22:11 ]</font>

ShadowHado
Dec 26, 2006, 02:31 AM
So... I decided to do some crazy things real quick before the server just went into maintenance, and thought I would share in case anyone was doing any kind of study.

I went and got almost ALL Christmas Trees in my room. My theory was, if this Feng Shui bidness about the "origin of the decoration" was true, I figured SEGA would have built in some sort of "works anywhere" for Limited Edition stuff like the Christmas Tree. So my room has 10 Christmas Trees, a Wreath (same theory) and a Rappy Landscape (same theory, they appear anywhere.) According to the diagram on Page 1, I have X-Trees on every spot except my Wreath is on the 'D' spot on the right, and my Rappy Landscape is on the lower right 'C' spot. My current Room Decoration Ticket was still Christmas, as it is an 8* rare room dec. ticket, if that has anything to do with it.

So anyways, I was only 500xp or so from lvl 53, and I decided I wanted it BEFORE maintenance lol. So I set out for a mission, and here are the details and results. I don't care what anyone says, the numbers I'm about to report are friggin' ridiculous...

--Xbox 360 Phantasy Star Universe--

*****Character Information*****

Shadow Hado
Level 52 Cast/Male
Fortefighter Level 4
12/26/06, 12:46am, had 1x Luck Today.

*****Mission Information*****

Universe 1
Solo Mission, locked with password
Planet Neudeiz, Forested Islands B

If you guys doing this thing think it matters... I was wearing Gigaline and 2 B-Rank slots, and only destroyed enemies and boxes with my 8* A-Rank Nokoku-Zashi's. I dunno what you guys keep track of...
-----------This is where things get nutz.-----------

*****Mission Results*****

~Out of EVERY box in the level, only 6 (yeah SIX) didn't give me an item.

~Out of EVERY enemy I destroyed (total of 63), 30 of them (almost 50%) didn't drop anything at all.

~I got 4 rares. 2x Vestaline, 1x Olpad, and a Moon Atomizer X (yeah it sucks, but it's 7* for testing this). I also had a B-Rank Scepter drop.

So the way I wrote it, for my little systematic thingy I quick made up was:

Boxes - 6/All (only because I didn't count them, sorry)
Enemies - 30/63
Rares - 4 - 2x 7*, 2x 8*
Extras - 1x B-Rank Weapon Drop

Now, I understand "it's just one mission", I really do, but what are the chances of that happening just because I decided to keep track of it all? I mean it was only a B-Rank mission, and for 2x Vestaline to drop is pretty crazy. After that, even though I only had 5 minutes, I decided to hop into Rainbow Beast C just real quick to blow boxes up and such.

*****Results of partial Rainbow Beast C run, same info as above except on Universe 30 instead*****

~I ended up destroying all the enemies and boxes in Block 1, and I think exactly 13 more enemies in Block 2, but no boxes.

~Every box in Block 1 except 2 gave me an item.

~Every enemy except 11 between the two blocks gave me an item.

~Even though I was on C, I still got some rares (but naturally, they sucked. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) I got a Kubara Wood and a [B] Scape Doll.

So anyways, what I'm saying is, I have NEVER EVER EVER had such a high item count in the boxes. Naturally I'm going to start putting more work into this, so if anyone IS doing research on this as well, please contact me so I can get information on what you need for me to keep track of to help. I'd like to figure this out just like everyone else.

And of course, I will keep everyone posted on what I find, and if you can, share your findings here too. I'm going to start a seperate thread as well, look for it if you'd like to keep updated, or if you'd like to help PLEASE! Or, if I can help you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

~~Nate

ZiG
Dec 26, 2006, 12:12 PM
So uhh, isn't there some PSU Bible or someshit out in Japan? Couldn't you just have someone look for this in it?

Just sayin'...

Natrokos
Dec 26, 2006, 01:26 PM
On 2006-12-25 18:48, zimmk2vgc wrote:

I'm colourblind I never noticed either.

Natrokos
Dec 26, 2006, 01:34 PM
On 2006-12-25 18:48, zimmk2vgc wrote:

I'm colourblind I never noticed either.

Esufer
Dec 26, 2006, 02:04 PM
On 2006-12-25 19:34, Sitka wrote:
Hmmm....

I placed a Christmas Tree on the big red square in the middle of my room.....

and

Christmas came this year.

I believe.

omg hax.

Taris
Dec 26, 2006, 02:08 PM
On 2006-12-24 21:12, Itsuki-chan wrote:
Actually, the squares are colored because of my room items that take up more than one square. They can only be placed in certain blocks.... Or atleast that was my understanding (and there ARE room decorations that take up more than one block)

De Ragnus' heads-statues being one example of a "multipart decoration". (One head gets put onto the square right next to the other, and they look combined like "one decoration". Even down to the pedestal.

Now, if only they had a multi-part Linear Line model, for train afficianados...