PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me what to feed the thing?

Jocher
Dec 24, 2006, 10:00 PM
I can't find ANYTHING that tells me what to feed my little machine in my private quarters. Can anyone tell me what to feed the thing?

Perhaps it's because I'm a PS noob in the first place, but hell...I have NO clue what I'm supposed to feed my little guy. I even looked all through this website with NO info.

Can someone tell me WHAT to feed and in what QUANTITIES?

Thankyou
--
Mod edit: fix title.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-12-24 19:53 ]</font>

-Crokar-
Dec 24, 2006, 10:01 PM
depends on what your wanting to synth and if you want to go pure on stats

Sekani
Dec 24, 2006, 10:03 PM
You can feed it pretty much anything, though you'll get different results depending on what you give it.

http://psupedia.info/?title=Partner_Machinery
The link above has more info.

BloodDragoon
Dec 24, 2006, 10:06 PM
In general more *'s = better effect on growth.
Striking weapons = + Striking, - Tech
Ranged Weapons = + Ranged, - Armor
Force Weapons = +Tech, - Striking
Armor = + Armor, -Ranged?
Consumables = +Striking, + Tech (Roughly 1/4 the striking growth value)
Synthesis Materials = + Ranged, -Striking
Traps = +Ranged, (Never used so dunno if it raises or lowers anything else)
PA disks = + Striking
PB disks = + Ranged
Technic Disks = + Tech
Cast Parts = Armor
Clothes = Armor
Armor units = Armor

Rush job, someone else feel free to fill in missing areas or errors. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BloodDragoon on 2006-12-24 19:07 ]</font>

Jocher
Dec 24, 2006, 10:12 PM
ALlright, well I want to become a good Ranged character. Should I feed it only the BEST ranged weapons, or doesn't it matter?

Bobkitty
Dec 24, 2006, 10:13 PM
Probably be more worth it to feed it the cheapest ranged weapons, but I'm really not 100% on that.

BloodDragoon
Dec 24, 2006, 10:17 PM
Really it's a matter of how much money you have, and how fast you want it. The only real benefit to high grade items vs low grade items is the higher grade gives a faster growth per item used. However these high grade items often cost much more than the lower grade ones for the same total growth.

There is a limit to # of items you can feed a PM per I think it was 12 hour period. However most people try to be cost effective in PM raising and choose lower grade items rated 1-3 stars and in the case of ranged PM's I know alot of people like feeding them traps also.

Retehi
Dec 24, 2006, 10:33 PM
Feeding mine nothing but 100M traps from the shop.

Slow, but cheap really.

Also, just stuff it with low rank guns you find laying around when doing missions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Retehi on 2006-12-24 19:38 ]</font>

Turambar
Dec 24, 2006, 10:43 PM
For 6 levels and 10k Meseta a feeding session, regular traps. For 12 levels and 50k a feeding session, G traps. A range PM is the easiest pure PM to raise imho.

Kirip-san
Dec 24, 2006, 10:45 PM
I find 2* guns commonly sold for 200 meseta~nyo (user shops).
+8 ranged
You might also want to take that into consideration~nyo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kirip-san on 2006-12-24 19:46 ]</font>

Jocher
Dec 25, 2006, 11:47 AM
Would you guys say it's better to become a ranger than a force? I like both magic and ranged weapons. Which would you guys say is better in the offline mode?

Kirip-san
Dec 25, 2006, 12:07 PM
On 2006-12-25 08:47, Jocher wrote:
Would you guys say it's better to become a ranger than a force? I like both magic and ranged weapons. Which would you guys say is better in the offline mode?

Gidiga + Force = Boom

Sexy_Raine
Dec 25, 2006, 12:17 PM
On 2006-12-25 08:47, Jocher wrote:

If your not sure use both. I love long-ranged attacks myself, both rangers and forces have that. But I'd say a ranger may be a bit easier to start out with.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-12-25 09:28 ]</font>

Merumeru
Dec 25, 2006, 12:38 PM
XD i give mine all my atomizers; sure its not pure or whatever, but any decent synth rates will do~

Chris28
Dec 25, 2006, 02:26 PM
i have an 82/18 strike PM, and a 100 Armor PM. I'm set.

Sethimothy
Dec 25, 2006, 05:25 PM
I'm trying to get a 420, mostly because she has cat ears. I know, I know, somewhere people are wanting to slap me...

Player One: "I want a character who can accent my ranged playing style, so I'm going with a straightforward fighter!"
Player Two: "I want a PM who can help me craft swords, so I'm going all out Strike baby!"
Sethimothy: "Holy crap the 420 has cat ears I must get her!"
Player One: "You are a dumbass."
Player Two: "You don't even want claws, why would you want her?"
Sethimothy: "STFU SHE HAS CAT EARS AND THUS WILL BE MINE!"

That said... does the first evolution happen when I hit level 20, when the production level hits 20, or one of the individual stats reaches level 20?