PDA

View Full Version : Am I doing the right thing?

Van-Stolin
Dec 25, 2006, 04:57 AM
First I would like to say, that I love this game alot and that so far, I haven't meet anyone that has been an annoyence.

However, I just recently came into a large ammount of meseta. I asked if it was dupped and he said yes. He didn't seem to be the one that did it though.

Well, I took it, with the thought that with such a large ammout, that I could do something with it.

Not for myself, but for new people. Give them some Meseta to start them out and maybe a few peices of equipment.

So far the only thing that I have done with it, is spend it on PM food. Which I was going to use to help in my sytnthing so I could open a shop for pretty low prices.

You know a newbies guild kind of thing.

Well, I just wanted to ask you guys what you thought. Should I continue what I am doing?

Or should I just go into a mission and dump it all on the ground and cancel the darn thing.

Either way, the money goes into a sink and doesn't come back.

Darnit, I didn't get the other pole options.

Mods, sorry about the double topic. don't know how that happened, you can delete the other one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Van-Stolin on 2006-12-25 01:58 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Van-Stolin on 2006-12-25 02:01 ]</font>

NinjaSalad
Dec 25, 2006, 05:02 AM
PM food from an NPC would be better then injecting it into player shops and inflating the economy more. And that's doesn't really do anyone harm.

It all depends on weather or not you feel comfortable having that money, if you to ditch it, ditch it. it's up to you.

and uh, loldbltopic

Carbinne
Dec 25, 2006, 05:52 AM
Let's all post the only option since it's our only option.

Get rid of it you idiot!

HiKeRI
Dec 25, 2006, 03:20 PM
Don't get rid of it, you can change the world if you wanted, i mean, you should do that synthing stuff, then sell it on a normal price other than overrated price, that'll balance the comunity a bit.. just a bit.. once you did this people would mostly care about you and your shop, you'll gain your fame for helping the comunity and doing what you can to help it. Take it as a consideration my friend..

Ogni-XR21
Dec 25, 2006, 03:27 PM
Do whatever you feel like! No other people should form your opinion.

There are people on here that do remake hundreds of chars just to get their armor pm up, which is unlegit and they act like it was ok while taking duped meseta is a crime...

So, please don't care what other people think, just do what you think is right!

AlieNxxxxxxxx
Dec 25, 2006, 03:38 PM
I would keep it all and buy a bunch of shit for myself.

HiKeRI
Dec 25, 2006, 03:41 PM
On 2006-12-25 12:38, AlieNxxxxxxxx wrote:

That would be totaly useless, remember how the economy is running, if you had about 50million, one item would cost you 30million and the other 40million, it would be a waste, its better to help the comunity than do useless moves.

silvanas
Dec 25, 2006, 03:43 PM
just buying pm food is ok but do it from NPC's and make hte money go away it dosent hurt anyone if the money is being destroyed on pm food does it?

AlieNxxxxxxxx
Dec 25, 2006, 04:02 PM
On 2006-12-25 12:41, HiKeRI wrote:

That would be totaly useless, remember how the economy is running, if you had about 50million, one item would cost you 30million and the other 40million, it would be a waste, its better to help the comunity than do useless moves.

How would it cost you 30 million? A rank weapons cost 90k at the shop.

HiKeRI
Dec 25, 2006, 04:05 PM
On 2006-12-25 13:02, AlieNxxxxxxxx wrote:

On 2006-12-25 12:41, HiKeRI wrote:

How would it cost you 30 million? A rank weapons cost 90k at the shop.

Im talking about overpriced grinded rares, yet.. it was an example of it, not like he haves 50millions.

JAR
Dec 25, 2006, 04:15 PM
If you accepted the money and kept it this long then you should have never created this topic and used the money for your own means. Yes you are evil if you use it in player shops but that's a decision for YOU alone to make! Using it to make purchases from NPCs is merely saving you time, and if you want to help the community find some noobs and raise them as your apprentices from lvl 1 to least say lvl 15 or some shit...

Fure_Rakune
Dec 25, 2006, 04:16 PM
I think it would be best not to put that money back into the player shops, rather use it for pm food to construct pure pm's.
That way you'd have a solid foundation for your gameplay.

Diablohead
Dec 25, 2006, 04:21 PM
so why did sega never think of rolling back when the dupe was first discovered? this just makes things worse (the whole people handing out meseta to ruin the market balance).

Kirip-san
Dec 25, 2006, 04:37 PM
Dump it on NPCs~nyo.
Or the mission thing~nyo.

Just got a funny idea.
Buy 6* weapons from NPCs and feed them to your mag~nyo. >_> fast AND efficient~nyo.

x3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kirip-san on 2006-12-25 13:43 ]</font>

Merumeru
Dec 25, 2006, 05:11 PM
XD omg very nice friend you got there...do what you want, but id just spend every meseta i could trying to make +10 kubara weapons for my protranser XP

omegapirate2k
Dec 25, 2006, 07:53 PM
I'd keep going to my room until you got that room glitch to work, and put all the money into that persons PM XD

KiteWolfwood
Dec 25, 2006, 07:59 PM
I love how these people are telling other people that get a large sum of duped meseta to just dump. I seriously wonder if they were in the same position what they would really do with it.

Schubalts
Dec 25, 2006, 08:06 PM
Give it to me!

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 25, 2006, 09:11 PM
On 2006-12-25 16:59, KiteWolfwood wrote:
I love how these people are telling other people that get a large sum of duped meseta to just dump. I seriously wonder if they were in the same position what they would really do with it.

I'd dump it, that's what I'd do. I may be an asshole, but at least I'm not dishonest.

DummieAcount
Dec 25, 2006, 09:32 PM
Bomb it all on worthless NPC shit,like make tons of goofy juice or whatever the fuck that stuffs called

Seyren
Dec 25, 2006, 10:43 PM
I'd spend it. Plain and simple. Duped or not, there's really no way of telling "legit" meseta from "illegit" meseta so this is all a huge matter of opinion. No one is going to hate on you for running around with the best you can afford/synth. This isn't like FFXI where it was almost immediately noticable if a lvl 33 was running around with a 20 million piece of equipment(Peacock Charm).

If you need to ask a question like this, then it's obvious you already don't feel right about it, so go ahead and dump if it you honestly think it's going to make a shit's worth of difference in how you feel later. Otherwise, spend it, better yourself and enjoy the game, regardless of what anyone else thinks of you.

I'm not promoting cheating, but I am promoting people enjoying the game and it's clear we all have our own ideas of what it takes to do so. As long as it's not at the expense of others, do as you please.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Seyren on 2006-12-25 19:45 ]</font>

Rajeev
Dec 25, 2006, 11:24 PM
Heres what to do with all that meseta.
GIVE IT ALL TO ME!!!IM POOR(LoL)
But really, like some people said(I think, didn't really read all the replies), if you feel all guilty and whatever, start up a mission and drop it all.

Solstis
Dec 25, 2006, 11:41 PM
People that would dare tell you that making a newbie guild is "immoral" have got to be incredibly selfish. Sure, they're not newbies anymore, so what do they care if you help other players out?

You can make a positive out of a negative--dumping the meseta helps noone but some phantom called the economy. An honest asshole? How is that even moral? What the hell are you thinking, freaking hypocrite. Oh, troll.

Forget what I said then. Anyway, PM that money.

AeraLure
Dec 25, 2006, 11:47 PM
While I agree with a live and let live way of life in general, one that harms no others of course, since its a poll and since you asked I will state my action, which would have been to get rid of it. Technically though, I wouldnt even have had to have gotten rid of it since I cant see how I would have gotten it in the first place. I would have flamed whoever offered it to me until they finally kicked me out of the party lol. That's just me though. As someone else said, in the current PSU environs, where all of the meseta exists that shouldnt be there, we each have to decide what to do about it ourselves.

Question: why do you state one side of the story, and then make a poll with the only option being against what you are doing? That was what I voted since that was my leaning, but where is the other option? Otherwise, no point for a poll hehe.

Van-Stolin
Dec 26, 2006, 01:42 AM
Unfortuanly when making the poll I was pretty tired. I hit Enter by mistake when I only had the one poll option and this topic was born.

Anyway, I just spent it on some nice B rank weapons for myself and my PM as food. Coming along quite nicely and just decided not to really think about it to much anymore.

Finally made it to Ranger and with all of these B rank weapons, it shouldn't be too much of a problem to get the last two class levels for Figunner.

Wish me luck.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 26, 2006, 01:54 AM
lol my picture was destroyed along with you 2nd topic :/

gotta repost what happened http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/2032takeit2.gif

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 26, 2006, 01:57 AM
My in game name is "Alpha" Send it this way!

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 26, 2006, 01:59 AM
You can truely change how people priced their items. Like say... Synthing products then selling them at the RIGHT price instead of those crazy 1-99 million price tags.This will make the dealers of other shop want to compete against your success, in terms of bringing down their prices.

A few of my friends are doing this. They set a right price on a certain product, then the competators take action. I hope you not just throw away this money, but actually help the community step towards the right side of the market x.x

Van-Stolin
Dec 26, 2006, 01:59 AM
And as I said in the second topic (also a product of lack of sleep). I wasn't going to be a jerk and turn it down when I knew it was a christmas present.

Plus I didn't ask if it was dupped until after picking it up. Would be stupid to pick it up and drop it seconds later.

Doesn't matter now, its all gone anyway.

1 million doesn't last as long as one would think it does.

Van-Stolin
Dec 26, 2006, 02:04 AM
Once my PM gets to a point where I can make something without it killing the item then I will be more then happy to help the economy like that.

There are still plently of legit players out there, that don't want to pay those insane kind of prices for items.

I should be able to open up shop soon though. Just need to make Figunner and start getting more of the rare sytnth materials and I could make a killing and make a lot of people happy.