PDA

View Full Version : liscensing question - can you put it on multiple PC's?

happy_cricket
Dec 25, 2006, 10:22 AM
Let's say you put it on one PC becuase it's the only one you have taht can play it. But you later upgrade a different PC. Can you just uninstall it from one an put it ont eh other?

Flamingo99
Dec 25, 2006, 10:24 AM
yep

happy_cricket
Dec 25, 2006, 10:32 AM
Thank you.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 25, 2006, 01:34 PM
so technically I could put this CD into another computer, have my friend install it, buy his own Sega ID, and we can both play online

THE JACKEL

Ultra
Dec 25, 2006, 03:52 PM
yep...install it for all your friends...they only need to register an ID.

happy_cricket
Dec 25, 2006, 08:49 PM
For the record, this is not the use I was suggesting.

Pandatron
Dec 25, 2006, 09:02 PM
For your purpose yes you can do that since it's being used for the personal use of a single user and in no way (to my knowledge) violates Sega's TOS.

However, technically distribution violates Sega's TOS (some where in the instruction manuel as well as that 41 page TOS document that some may read when their bored out there skull). But aside from that technically you could install it on multiple friends computers and all they need would be an ID.

Makojin
Dec 25, 2006, 09:11 PM
The EULA states that you should purchase one copy for each computer / console you plan to play it on, doesn't mater if you uninstall it or not. Despite this though, I don't think Sega wants bad publicity for slapping a lawsuit on someone for just using it on two computers, especially since the offline save data can itself be exchanged between computers.

Gamemako
Dec 26, 2006, 10:38 AM
As per every EULA on the planet, no, nothing suggested here is allowed. Of course, nobody will EVER, EVER, EVER question you for the first suggestion (that is, multiple computers for your own use). Only M$ gets off on that kind of stuff. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif