PDA

View Full Version : Question for PC players

happy_cricket
Dec 25, 2006, 11:42 AM
Do you have to leave the disk in while you are playing, or does it load from the hard drive? Are there shorter load times (compared tot he PS2) ?

McLaughlin
Dec 25, 2006, 11:54 AM
You don't need the disc for anything exept the installation.

Kirip-san
Dec 25, 2006, 12:16 PM
People say that the load times for PS2 is LOL horrible compared to PC.

~nyo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kirip-san on 2006-12-25 09:21 ]</font>

Kanore
Dec 25, 2006, 12:21 PM
On 2006-12-25 09:16, Kirip-san wrote:
People say that the load time for PS2 is LOL compared to PC.

~nyo

Is that LOL BAD or LOL

happy_cricket
Dec 25, 2006, 12:30 PM
Thank you... so my roomate gave me the PC version for Christmas. However, she did not know that the only computer I have with a DVD-rom drive is my laptop. So I loaded it onto my laptop,and now I am wondering if I can use the files and settings transfer wizard to put it on my other computer.

Kirip-san
Dec 25, 2006, 12:35 PM
On 2006-12-25 09:30, happy_cricket wrote:
Thank you... so my roomate gave me the PC version for Christmas. However, she did not know that the only computer I have with a DVD-rom drive is my laptop. So I loaded it onto my laptop,and now I am wondering if I can use the files and settings transfer wizard to put it on my other computer.

Worth a shot~nyo.
Or you can try and figure out a way to copy all the files on the DVD-rom into the computer; possibly CD-Rs.

~nyo

Merumeru
Dec 25, 2006, 12:40 PM
XD oh shi- i did not know u wont need the DVD after installing, thanks for the info, thread <3

happy_cricket
Dec 25, 2006, 05:18 PM
Okay, I'm crossing my fingers. I ended up networking my computers and enabling file sharing. Now I have the disk in the laptop, and chose to install the game to a shared network folder..... hope it works....

Makojin
Dec 25, 2006, 08:42 PM
Having played both versions I can say that the PC version is much better in load time , and I attribute that mostly to RAM and use of the HDD. Had the PS2 version utilized the HDD, I might be decent. You're in for a treat if you can get it to work.

Your name sounds familiar...

Pandatron
Dec 25, 2006, 09:05 PM
On 2006-12-25 14:18, happy_cricket wrote:
Okay, I'm crossing my fingers. I ended up networking my computers and enabling file sharing. Now I have the disk in the laptop, and chose to install the game to a shared network folder..... hope it works....

In thoery if you made an ISO of the image and then transfer the ISO over to the computer you wish to play on (aside from your laptop) and used daemon tools to mount the iso on the drive then it would solve the problem of lack of having the dvd drive for one of the computers ^_^;;;.

happy_cricket
Dec 25, 2006, 09:30 PM
I got it! I ended up networking the computers via a router, and then installing PSU to a shared folder.

However.... I keep failing to download the patch once I try Network Mode.

*le sigh*

Notice how the BILLING SERVERS always work just fine???

Mystil
Dec 25, 2006, 10:01 PM
The disc has been out of my DVD drive for quite sometime now if that helps.

Makojin
Dec 26, 2006, 12:44 AM
You guys gave me an idea...

I'd been having trouble reinstalling PSU since the last time I tried to update it, and the game kept complaining that my files were changed. Each time, the install just failed about one quarter of the way though. This time though, I'm using my laptop and set my DVD drive on that to share, therefore running the actual .exe on the main computer.. I'm currently about 65% through.

Sailor_V_64
Dec 26, 2006, 04:41 AM
You don't need the CD once it's installed.
As for load times it depends on your pc. At times if i am doing to much i play on PS2. cause it is reliable. the graphics are UTTER CRAP on ps2 but it gets the job done if all i am doing is leveling.

but when my pc is idle and all i am doing is play psu it's better on pc