PDA

View Full Version : It's cheaper to buy most synth items from the npc stores...

reddog976
Dec 25, 2006, 06:38 PM
I'll use Neu Ash as an example. The average price in player controlled shops is about 900 meseta. This price is not acceptable, not because of the fact that it's really still price gouging to sell something you found at that much of a price, but because of the fact that you can make it cheaper YOURSELF!

Wood conversion board is 500 meseta, and gives you 10 uses. That converts to 50 meseta per use. Neu Wood from the npc shop is 150 each. It takes 5 Neu Wood to make one Neu Ash. 5 times 150 is 750, plus the cost of using the board once = 800 meseta!

What does this mean to me? It means I'm not buying your overpriced Neu Ash anymore. It means nobody should buy it, or any of the other items you folks have in your shop for a more expensive price than it takes to make it yourself!

People need to stand up against this foolish behavior! I for one am going to find out the pricing for making everything yourself and post it ALL here...and probably watch people do nothing about it.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

WildArms2
Dec 25, 2006, 06:41 PM
LOL you forgot labor cost trust me as a guy who does a ton synthing it gets real boring fast.

Kirip-san
Dec 25, 2006, 06:44 PM
On 2006-12-25 15:38, reddog976 wrote:
I'll use Neu Ash as an example. The average price in player controlled shops is about 900 meseta. This price is not acceptable, not because of the fact that it's really still price gouging to sell something you found at that much of a price, but because of the fact that you can make it cheaper YOURSELF!

Wood conversion board is 500 meseta, and gives you 10 uses. That converts to 50 meseta per use. Neu Wood from the npc shop is 150 each. It takes 5 Neu Wood to make one Neu Ash. 5 times 150 is 750, plus the cost of using the board once = 800 meseta!

What does this mean to me? It means I'm not buying your overpriced Neu Ash anymore. It means nobody should buy it, or any of the other items you folks have in your shop for a more expensive price than it takes to make it yourself!

People need to stand up against this foolish behavior! I for one am going to find out the pricing for making everything yourself and post it ALL here...and probably watch people do nothing about it.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I sell Ash for, and always, for 500 meseta in my shop whenever I get my hands on it~nyo. =x

reddog976
Dec 25, 2006, 06:44 PM
Labor costs? Are you kidding me? It would be different if there were actual labor in this game...but all that is done is pushing sticks around and buttons...surely people haven't softened to the point that they think of gaming in terms of labor, right?

WildArms2
Dec 25, 2006, 06:46 PM
okay well here...since it takes 800 to make an ash then i will buy 200 ash from you at 825 a pop that is a 25 meseta profit per one now go and make them for me tell me when your done.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WildArms2 on 2006-12-25 15:46 ]</font>

Kirip-san
Dec 25, 2006, 06:46 PM
On 2006-12-25 15:44, reddog976 wrote:
Labor costs? Are you kidding me? It would be different if there were actual labor in this game...but all that is done is pushing sticks around and buttons...surely people haven't softened to the point that they think of gaming in terms of labor, right?

*cough* Some people treat this game as a job, and not entertainment~nyo.

McLaughlin
Dec 25, 2006, 06:47 PM
People on the 360 sell Ash for like 300 bucks a pop O_o

I make hella cheap Ebon and sell them off.

reddog976
Dec 25, 2006, 06:49 PM
On 2006-12-25 15:47, Zeta wrote:

Par ash maybe (I'm a 360 player), but not neu ash. If they are...they are selling out way before I get to their stores http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

WildArms2
Dec 25, 2006, 06:50 PM
On 2006-12-25 15:46, Kirip-san wrote:

On 2006-12-25 15:44, reddog976 wrote:

*cough* Some people treat this game as a job, and not entertainment~nyo.

Its not that i treat this as a job but rather just like real life. Time is money, I would rather be playing than sitting in my room synthing items to save a few bucks here and there...don't you agree? I've been buying all my mats from NPC cause players shop are idiots and overprice/ are a waste of my time.

McLaughlin
Dec 25, 2006, 06:53 PM
On 2006-12-25 15:49, reddog976 wrote:

On 2006-12-25 15:47, Zeta wrote:

Par ash maybe (I'm a 360 player), but not neu ash. If they are...they are selling out way before I get to their stores http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Guess I get lucky http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I never have a problem finding cheap Ash.

Careful
Dec 25, 2006, 06:56 PM
entertainment... hmm...

Please define this for me, because "entertainment" can mean different thing to different people. Having high amounts of meseta could be "entertainment". Standing around chatting for 5 hours to online friends can be "entertainment". Leveling up 3 times a day could mean "entertainment". Synthing and having a busy mood could be "entertainment" to someone.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 25, 2006, 07:09 PM
so I just learned to sell my ash for 800 meseta

THE JACKEL

WildArms2
Dec 25, 2006, 07:19 PM
no you should sell it to me for 750 =D

Garnet_Moon
Dec 25, 2006, 08:14 PM
OK so price gouging is selling an item for 900 when the NPC sells it for 1,000? Right. Shut it. -_-;

For the record I don't sell synthable items; in fact I buy them all from the NPC and I still have substantial profit from my shop.

SpishackCola
Dec 25, 2006, 09:58 PM
gouging at 900!

Lyrise
Dec 25, 2006, 10:13 PM
On 2006-12-25 15:38, reddog976 wrote:

Actually, if you do the math, the only viable example you can possibly give is for wood materials.

If you try it for metals, ores, etc. You're actually overpaying.

Umberger
Dec 25, 2006, 10:33 PM
Even so...100 meseta is like one enemy if you're a decent level.

HC82
Dec 25, 2006, 11:34 PM
If you're making tons and tons of 6* weapons for resale, you're wasting quite a bit of meseta by buying ashes for more than they are worth to make.

At 7 ashes a pop for a 6*, that's 700 extra meseta you're wasting. With 3x board uses, that's 2100 meseta per board. I can burn through 5 boards in a day if I'm just going nuts on the selling, and it can be done fairly casually if you manage your time right.

10500 meseta wasted over 5 boards. Not quite chump change.

Buying them at 900 is not economical, although if you're short on RL time, then it's not too bad if you just want to make something really quick.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 25, 2006, 11:40 PM
Actually, if you do the math, the only viable example you can possibly give is for wood materials.

nope.. its not and ash/wood is not even the best example on how to save money from player shops/npc prices.

take soural/speral for example its 800 at the npc for speral and usually 650 or more in a player shop.

it takes 5 soural + board to make one.

well npc shop soural = 100 meseta 100 x 5 = 500 + 50 for board 550 to make your own wich is a nice 250 meseta savings over buying it direct from the npc even tho its all npc bought items anyways. when I was making items that use speral I found myself having to do this alot since player shops took forever to find a reasonable price. NPC has unlimited amounts so its much easier.

works like this for all the 4* metals why do you think yous ee so many shops with (650 meseta for all 4* metals, or soldo, speral ect ect) because they are making 100 meseta per purchase based on a infinite source of npc mats. Its only costing them abit of time and trust me you can do it fast once your good at it.

So back to the person I quoted... Do some research before you make a false statment.

Lyrise
Dec 26, 2006, 01:43 AM
I guess I stand corrected. In my haste to post this up, I had forgotten that I speak from my perspective and not that of the OP, and there is a big difference between the JP and the US servers.

Being on the JP servers, everything that flows through the market is high level stuff. If you try to create a 7 star metal out of 4 stars or even 1 star metal, you really are overpaying no matter what. First of all, it takes 4 metal to create one of a higher level, so its really 450, not 550 (bigger discount!). So it takes 450 to create a 4 star metal, but if you try to create a 7 from that, it would cost you 450 x 4 +100=1900.

Not bad, considering your 7 star metals would cost you 2500 from NPC. Here's where things kinda diverge - on our servers, you can buy 7 star metal from player shops for less than 1k easily. I do apologize for not making that disctinction at the beginning. Given the things I have heard about the US servers, straight out buying from the NPC is probably the best way.

Dymalos
Dec 26, 2006, 02:38 AM
On 2006-12-25 20:40, ViciousXUSMC wrote:

Woah dude, I knew that there were some differences between PC/PS2 and Xbox 360 but does it really take 5 lower metals to convert up to a higher one? On the Xbox 360 it is 4 metal per upconversion.

Schubalts
Dec 26, 2006, 11:12 AM
On 2006-12-25 23:38, Dymalos wrote:

On 2006-12-25 20:40, ViciousXUSMC wrote:

Woah dude, I knew that there were some differences between PC/PS2 and Xbox 360 but does it really take 5 lower metals to convert up to a higher one? On the Xbox 360 it is 4 metal per upconversion.

No, it's 4 metals on PC/PS2.

Ogni-XR21
Dec 26, 2006, 07:39 PM
I always sell for 40% - 80% of npc store. These more common items tend to be 40% - 50%. You just have to take a look around. Can be quite annoying, I know, but there are plenty of player shops that actually sell for way less than npc's.

PMB960
Dec 26, 2006, 07:54 PM
Wow no one has heard of my shop. I sell ash for 400, wood for 75, 4* synth mats for 200, and nanocarbons for 1250. You must be looking in the wrong places because I can find very cheap prices.

HandOfThornz
Dec 26, 2006, 08:30 PM
i must amit, travelling round different shops the price can be a bit steep. but in terms off npc price i suppose there mostly cheaper prices. but 999999999 for a single photon makes me chuckle =)

me personally, i judge my prices in my shop by how much the resale of the item is to npc shop. for example:-

par wood cost 150m in an npc shop. the resale of that item is 7m i think it was ... so i sell my items 20% above that price, unless
1. in high demand
2. rareity
3.if not many people are selling it

my wep prices arent included in 10% mark up of resale price,but they are:-

2*= 225(npc resale 125)
3*= 400(npc resale 300)
4*= 1400(npc resale 1290)
5*= 3500(npc resale 2775)
6*=various due to rareity(npc resale price 5250)

these seem to sell well, im guessing for pm feeding?

the search engine for certain items doesnt always bring up everybodys shop with the item your searching for.... example "par wood", i think the max 30 people shops come up but there are loads more shops not displayed. these you just got hope to stumble across. they are the one usaully sellling cheap items

(b) board wise i find it cheaper using converter boards to upgrade metals,woods,etc.. its just a matter of either finding a cheap base 1* item for sale and then synthing it, or go out and find loads of the base item!(you can get x4/5 each of par ash/wood on A rank mad creatures quest per run)
i can make between 3000-8000(depending on item) every x6 c-b boards + x3 b-a boards
but as someone mentioned this can get very boring =(