PDA

View Full Version : Which of these is better at causing a status effect?

JC10001
Dec 25, 2006, 07:14 PM
Assuming level 30 bullets for both weapons, which one is more likely to cause a status effect in the least amount of time? Please also take into consideration other factors besides the elemental percentage such as the rate of fire. If you haven't used both weapons and you are only guessing please do not vote.

Also, if you do vote, please leave a comment to explain why you voted the way you did.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JC10001 on 2006-12-25 16:28 ]</font>

JC10001
Dec 25, 2006, 07:19 PM
I play a fortetecher. I just got my burning hit to level 21 and I really like how well the status effect is working. It seems like a huge boost up from level 20 even though its just another 6%. I seem to be causing burn left and right now. Before I switch over to fans/cards I want to know how much better/worse they are from handguns for causing status effects.

Also, what level is burn/freeze/paralysis/silence at level 30 for a fan weapon?

Also, can someone fill in the blanks here?

Handgun PA Elemental Percentage
Level 01-10: 4%
Level 11-20: 13%
Level 21-30: 19%

Fan/Card PA Elemental Percentage
Level 01-10: ????
Level 11-20: ????
Level 21-30: ????

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JC10001 on 2006-12-25 16:24 ]</font>

Ether
Dec 25, 2006, 07:27 PM
Level 01-10: 17%
Level 11-20: 21%
Level 21-30: ????

Cards hit 3 times per shot at level 11 and higher, so I would assume they would be faster for inflicting a status, even though they fire a bit slower.

However, handguns get SE level 3 at 21+, while cards I think never go above 2, so handguns have the edge there

Overall for a force I'd go with cards though, we need all the accuracy we can get

JC10001
Dec 25, 2006, 07:32 PM
Thank you very much for the fast and informative response Ether. I appreciate it.

I have a few questions though if you don't mind/have time.

What is the difference between status effect level 2 vs level 3? Is it the damage and duration that changes? Also, when you said the fan hits 3 times per shot....how much damage is each hit?

And for anyone with fan bullets up to level 21... what is the percentage and do you get a 4th hit?

Thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JC10001 on 2006-12-25 16:33 ]</font>

Remedy
Dec 25, 2006, 07:33 PM
Correct. Damage is higher for Burn (4% of max HP versus 3% for Burn 2), and duration is higher on state-based effects (8 seconds versus 6).

Also, for 21+ Fans: 25% Elemental attunement, 3 bullets, level 2 statuses.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Remedy on 2006-12-25 16:35 ]</font>

AC9breaker
Dec 25, 2006, 07:37 PM
Also, at SE level 3 you can finally get a chance of inflicting your status on the bigger enemies, Tengouhgs, Komatozes, etc.`
Where as SE 2 your chance of it was 0.

-Ryuki-
Dec 25, 2006, 07:42 PM
It's simple, really. Cards can shoot up to 4 bullets at a time, while Hanguns shoot one. Granted, you can fire off a shot faster than a fan, but.. it's nothing compared to.

Handgun < Fan
Twin Handguns < Crossbow < Shotgun

JC10001
Dec 25, 2006, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. I can usually inflict burn on average 1 time every 5-7 shots. It sounds like cards can cause status effects much faster though since the percentage is higher and there are more shots fired. I think I'm going to switch to fans but keep 1 handgun around for the big guys.

Thanks again.

Gen2000
Dec 25, 2006, 08:05 PM
In the end it turns out to be the same and just comes down to want type of SE lv. do you prefer when you land one and maybe how quickly do you like to spread the SEs.

Fan/Cards will cause SEs pretty easily simply because more are fired per shot than than Handgun. It's like questioning why Twin Handguns causes SEs more than normal Handgun. However the SE will always be lv.2 even at lv.21+ with Fan/Cards, for just support this is enough for Plasma/Freeze/Silence.

However since Handgun gets SE lv.3 it's easier to cause SEs on medium to small size mobs with the few shots it does fire and you'll have a small chance to cause SE on larger enemies (Tenglohs or w/e) if you spam it enough.

If you ever played as a RA type/PT and used a lv.4 SE like Burn with Rifle or Bow you'll see that pretty much ever other shot causes SE on medium to small size mobs even though something like the lv.21+ Shotgun with only a SE lv.2 can get a similar SE affect rate simply because you get 5 chances per shot to cause SE, point blank Shotgun blast has like a 100% chance of causing an SE (ok maybe not 100% chance but it's pretty damn good).

This is a similar case with the Handgun/Fan comparison because even lv.3 SEs affect quite easily on medium to small mobs.

I'm not really familiar with how exactly Fan determines who to home in on but I would think they would be spreading SEs because of their Twin Handgun like spam nature of them but I used to run around with a lv.3 SE Rifle and spread SEs pretty quickly to get similar results and the firerate of a Handgun and Rifle is pretty similar. Since the SE was lv.3 the effects last much longer and was more effective for party support.

Filling in the blanks:
Level 01-10: 17%
Level 11-20: 21%
Level 21-30: 25%

- From jppsuwiki: http://psu.fei-yen.yi.org/wiki/html/

In the end, I think Crossbow beats them both, lv.3 SE and 3 chances per fire with a similar firerate of Handgun.

Edit: The Card only fires up to 3 shots per fire even at lv.21+ going by the wiki.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gen2000 on 2006-12-25 17:07 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gen2000 on 2006-12-25 17:07 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gen2000 on 2006-12-25 17:10 ]</font>

Remedy
Dec 25, 2006, 08:06 PM
Also, another point of interest: Cards have 1.3 meters better range than Handguns at all levels of bullets.

-Ryuki-
Dec 25, 2006, 08:12 PM
I was mistaken. Cards do indeed, fire off 3 shots, not four.

My apologies.

JC10001
Dec 25, 2006, 08:16 PM
I wish fortetechers could use crossbows. *cries*

-Ryuki-
Dec 25, 2006, 08:21 PM
I thought they could? Or was that, Guntechers?

Garnet_Moon
Dec 25, 2006, 08:22 PM
On 2006-12-25 17:21, RyukiZero wrote:
I thought they could? Or was that, Guntechers?

Guntechers get xbow's, Fortechers do not.

Remedy
Dec 25, 2006, 08:39 PM
I'll say this: If Fortechers could use crossbows, I'd use a Wand.

Itsuki
Dec 25, 2006, 10:04 PM
On 2006-12-25 16:37, AC9breaker wrote:
Also, at SE level 3 you can finally get a chance of inflicting your status on the bigger enemies, Tengouhgs, Komatozes, etc.`

That actually happens at SE4, not 3.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 25, 2006, 11:45 PM
assuming your a fortetecher:

your best bet of all is a bow, good rate of fire, awsome range and lvl 4 status effects? yes please.

the only time I am concerned with status effects over dps is vs big mobs (aka tengdogs) thus why I spam foi usually instead of diga for atleast 4 or 5 shots for that chance to hit them with burn (lvl 21+ foi will burn them for 1339 dmg per tick) but anything smaller your better off casting and not attacking with a weapon. My force has never laid hands on a meele weapon and only used a handgun to tag mobs for xp.

if you want status effects on a group of mobs, look no further than your gi- spells save the gun status stuff for the rangers thats there specialty you stick to blowing stuff up and healing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

if your a ranger type, i think rifles and dual handguns seem to be the best.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-12-25 20:48 ]</font>

Gen2000
Dec 26, 2006, 02:23 AM
You can cause SE with lv.3 on Tengouhgs, Komatozes, etc...it's just your chance of it happen is horrible, very low but it's still a small chance compared to lv.2 SEs. I used to spam like 200 bullets on them just to cause lv.3 Burn during Neu Relic B runs. Also the same on those aligator things in Moatob.

As a FO (or high TP Hybrid'Techer), you can easily do the favorable Burn+Shock combo to general mobs with Plasma Fan/Cards and Ra/GiFoie spells on Wand. You spread around supportive SEs easily, do good AoE damage and can heal later (if even needed with that combo).

When it comes to bigger enemies, if there isn't any RA types/PTs with lv.4 Burn then it would be better to pull out of the lv.4 Burn Bow otherwise ya I agree leave the extreme SE affecting to RA/PTs and just spam Foie, even if doesn't cause SE it does great damage anyways. lv.4 Burn on Foie is just icing on the cake.

imfanboy
Dec 26, 2006, 06:50 AM
On 2006-12-25 19:04, Itsuki-chan wrote:

On 2006-12-25 16:37, AC9breaker wrote:

That actually happens at SE4, not 3.

I think they must have tweaked at at/around the time of the advanced classes update on US PSU; I know that before then it WAS impossible to inflict a burn on a bigger enemy with SE3 (and Maker, how I did try!) but now I was doing it with, well... I'd have to use up 1/3 of a bow's PP but it would proc on a Tengouhg; on enemies weak to ice it would spread damned easy.

Gen2000
Dec 27, 2006, 10:51 AM
When I was causing lv.3 SEs on big enemies Tengouhg enemies this was well before the advance classes update but yeah it basically took most of your gun's PP to cause it so it wasn't really worth as in a party the enemies would already be dead.