PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for getting the patch to download?????

happy_cricket
Dec 25, 2006, 09:57 PM
I got the game installed on my PC, got a playsega account, and loaded 'er up. All was good, I logged in, and was 13 percent in on the patch file when it failed. Now I can't even get it to start again (error 21). Any advice?

Kirip-san
Dec 25, 2006, 10:02 PM
From a post on the official PSU forums:

Well after waiting 24 hours from SEGA techsupport I still didn't get an answer or even an acknowledgement ....however, I figured out a solution myself and I'll post it for anyone in the future who has this problem. I am using Windows XP...so I'm assuming that anyone encountering this error will probably be using Win XP as well.

After speaking to several friends who plays PSU, it appears error 21 is a common problem...and they've all encountered it during this update. However, most of my friends just keep hitting the "Retry" option and they were able to patch after several retries.

That wasn't the case with me. If you are still unable to patch after hitting the "Retry" button several times, you must 1) turn off your Window's firewall and 2) if you have anitvirus programs just turning it off isn't enough...at least not for me. Try turning it off first if you can but I ended up having to uninstall the entire thing.

After these steps I was able to finally patch....

Hope this helps~nyo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kirip-san on 2006-12-25 19:02 ]</font>

happy_cricket
Dec 25, 2006, 10:20 PM
Thank you. I had not thought of that, but it is not helping. Still retry retry retry http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Kirip-san
Dec 25, 2006, 10:24 PM
On 2006-12-25 19:20, happy_cricket wrote:
Thank you. I had not thought of that, but it is not helping. Still retry retry retry http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Maybe the router has a firewall that's causing the problem~nyo? o.o

happy_cricket
Dec 25, 2006, 10:33 PM
That's what I was thinking too... I went to 192.168.1.1 to configure it, but I do not see an option for Firewall...

Seems wierd too that I got 13% of the download in the first try too and that it now wont do it at all...

Kirip-san
Dec 25, 2006, 10:50 PM
On 2006-12-25 19:33, happy_cricket wrote:
That's what I was thinking too... I went to 192.168.1.1 to configure it, but I do not see an option for Firewall...

Seems wierd too that I got 13% of the download in the first try too and that it now wont do it at all...

I'll let some of the other experts help you cause I never had this problem and I need to go sleep before parents yell at me~nyo. Good luck~nyo.

P.S: Try configuring it from the computer, not via browser~nyo. I can faintly remember something that has to do with routers and firewalls in the control panel, but don't quote me on it if it's not there~nyo. =x

happy_cricket
Dec 25, 2006, 10:59 PM
Thank you, good night!

McLaughlin
Dec 25, 2006, 11:08 PM
The Windows Firewall may be up. Start > Control Panel > Security Center

Though, I doubt that's the problem. Firewalls generally don't allow things to start downloading and then stop them. It's either Block or Allow. I don't know what would cause that.

happy_cricket
Dec 25, 2006, 11:32 PM
Yeah... it's disabled. The only thing I can think to do now is just wait a while and try later. Thank you though.

*sigh*

McLaughlin
Dec 25, 2006, 11:35 PM
Erm...try putting all PSU related files on the PC, instead of having them in a shared folder? I really don't know though. Sorry.

happy_cricket
Dec 25, 2006, 11:41 PM
There's a thought...

*goes to try*

[edit]

Okay that was wierd. First, I got errors upon clicking the .exe that said the application failed to initialize. Then it went through to the login screen, but now I get DNS erros. Now why would just MOVING THE FOLDER cause a new error?????

Is this just what PC gaming is like? SHould noobs like em just stick with my consoles?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: happy_cricket on 2006-12-25 20:53 ]</font>

happy_cricket
Dec 26, 2006, 10:21 PM
AAARGH!!!! It just got up to 23 FREAKING PERCENT, then JUST STOPPED!!!

It's so frustrating!

McLaughlin
Dec 26, 2006, 11:30 PM
I haven't a clue. Sorry >_<

Flamingo99
Dec 26, 2006, 11:51 PM
Have you tried downloading anything else before this? Have they completed? I honestly dont know what to say. Try running a virus scan, or un-installing PSU and reinstalling it afterword. Also, unplug your modem's power cable and leave it off for about 5-10 minutes, then plug it back in and see if it works. Hope this helps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2006-12-26 20:53 ]</font>