PDA

View Full Version : why does sega make us wait more than japanese for our update

C4
Dec 26, 2006, 02:30 PM
at first i was thinking it was because of the holydays and all but since we had maintenance yesteday i really dont know why anymore... oh and dont tell me our update is gonna be bigger caus this is not true

Randomness
Dec 26, 2006, 02:31 PM
it is because of holidays, at least obstensibly.

silvanas
Dec 26, 2006, 02:31 PM
the content is made in japan so it natualy takes time to get here, there is most likely an intricate buisness plan behind it all.

C4
Dec 26, 2006, 02:33 PM
sega think we are all kovolta... milk that cow baby!!!

AeraLure
Dec 26, 2006, 02:49 PM
On 2006-12-26 11:31, silvanas wrote:
the content is made in japan so it natualy takes time to get here, there is most likely an intricate buisness plan behind it all.

That would be giving SEGA a bit too much credit I think. PSU isnt run like one of the big MMORPGs with a large staff devoted just to content. The content all sits on the disc, and its all already been localized. Mostly its an unlocking process, with some tweaking of variables possible, some decisions as to unlock order, server maintenance and then patching as needed.

Supposedly no content now simply because of the holiday, which is likely staff on vacations etc. I dont think there is any major new content in Japan right now either, though I cant tell you why no content unti all the way out to the 12th. That part of it I agree has more to due with subscriptions likely, though possibly they are taking that down week in there to look at patches, but who knows really.

MegaBUD
Dec 26, 2006, 02:50 PM
Sega are racist...

Sethimothy
Dec 26, 2006, 02:52 PM
Here's the thing, C4 - Japanese programmers create some content. They get it kind of nice and ready to go, and they put it up for their Japanese players. Then it needs to be ported over to the US severs, complete with little quirks that need to be made so that it all fits fluently. There's also translation to keep in mind, which certainly takes more than a night. There may also have been notable bugs that need to be released as well that weren't noticed during testing that the Japanese picked up on, which we get. All of this causes a delay in the time it takes for us to get specific content.

That, and they make more money if they have us waiting. Mostly the former though.

-Crokar-
Dec 26, 2006, 03:01 PM
simple answer: they have had the game longer therefore they have more content therefore get over it

Sychosis
Dec 26, 2006, 03:04 PM
On 2006-12-26 11:52, Sethimothy wrote:
Here's the thing, C4 - Japanese programmers create some content. They get it kind of nice and ready to go, and they put it up for their Japanese players. Then it needs to be ported over to the US severs, complete with little quirks that need to be made so that it all fits fluently. There's also translation to keep in mind, which certainly takes more than a night. There may also have been notable bugs that need to be released as well that weren't noticed during testing that the Japanese picked up on, which we get. All of this causes a delay in the time it takes for us to get specific content.

That, and they make more money if they have us waiting. Mostly the former though.

Nah AeraLure hit it right on the head.

JAFO22000
Dec 26, 2006, 03:05 PM
There is no new content being created. It is all server side. They DO have to change a bit of code here and there to, say, add the PP charger by the Flyer Base on Neudaiz, but other than that, all the major content (weapons, missions, et al.) are just how Aera said it.....

Also understand that the Japanese version was released before the US version, therefore they are ahead of our schedule. There is still some localization decisions to be made ( I believe we received 5 S rank missions in one update when Japan only got 4 for the same one), but it's pretty much controlled.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 26, 2006, 03:18 PM
It's a japanese game, stop being a big baby.

Wheatpenny
Dec 26, 2006, 03:20 PM
Its my fault. I stole all theur napkins in their caffetiria,they are closing untill they catch the culprit and the napkins are returned.

Sethimothy
Dec 26, 2006, 03:28 PM
OMG Wheatpenny it was your fault after all! T_T

-Ryuki-
Dec 26, 2006, 04:06 PM
Why do people complain so much? I think you need to get a picture taken by me. =)

Makojin
Dec 26, 2006, 04:07 PM
For crying out loud, give them back thier napkins Wheatpenny!

McLaughlin
Dec 26, 2006, 04:07 PM
why does sega make us wait more than japanese for our update?!

For the same reason you're bitching about it.

Because they can.

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 26, 2006, 04:26 PM
On 2006-12-26 11:30, C4 wrote:
at first i was thinking it was because of the holydays and all but since we had maintenance yesteday i really dont know why anymore... oh and dont tell me our update is gonna be bigger caus this is not true

They're not waiting less than we are. They're just waiting sooner. PSU was released for them in early September, and released for us in late October. Content-wise, we are a month or two behind them. Our release schedules, relative to the release dates, aren't the same, but they're very similar. They're not demonstrating any sort of favoritism, they're merely demonstrating the immense improbability of simultaineous, world-wide release.

Besides, by being a month or two behind the Japanese, we end up with the debugged versions of the updates when there turns out to be something terribly wrong with the Japanese version of it. Simply enough, we actually benefit from the discrepancy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2006-12-26 13:27 ]</font>

C4
Dec 26, 2006, 04:27 PM
zeta have the best explanation so far... this is sad

xjonny421x
Dec 26, 2006, 04:28 PM
dammit they need those napkins so every1 can get on with our lives and i also heard that some1 had been stealing pens and pencils so yea Wheat if u stole those can u giv them bakk too?

C4
Dec 26, 2006, 04:29 PM
when the japanese started to get content on week basis they only had one week with no update... we get 2

Wheatpenny
Dec 26, 2006, 04:42 PM
Ok I will give the napkins back...BUT THE PENS BELONG TO ME!!!! AR HAR HAR HAR!!

ShinMaruku
Dec 27, 2006, 08:43 PM
Simple answer, they lack any real sense.

DonRoyale
Dec 28, 2006, 12:17 AM
On 2006-12-26 12:18, -Shimarisu- wrote:
It's a japanese game, stop being a big baby.

Really. Please.

The lot of you, all of you, please, shut the fuck up. It's a goddamned Japanese game, made by a Japanese company, so Japan is OBVIOUSLY going to get everything before us.

So all of you 10-post noobs with spelling and grammar problems, SHUT UP. You people annoy the fuck out of me and I'm sick of it.

You all make me quit this game, seriously. SHUT. UP.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, and you might want to look at Meira's post. If we got the updates at the same time as the Japanese, your 'OMGWHYDUZTHECONTENTNEBARCOMELOOLLOLOOOLSTHATESUSA NDLOVESJAPANLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLL' topics would all become 'OMGTHECONTENTISCAUSINGMAJORH4XLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ' topics.

It's a game. Part of a game is its bad points. You people see a problem, and just continuously whine about it.

Please, for the sake of the children, SHUT UP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SereneShadows on 2006-12-27 21:20 ]</font>

Hotashi
Dec 30, 2006, 05:36 AM
On 2006-12-27 21:17, SereneShadows wrote:

On 2006-12-26 12:18, -Shimarisu- wrote:
T_T

T_______T

Careful
Dec 30, 2006, 10:47 AM
They unlock stuff rather then make new stuff. Lol

Whatever the company is racist, sexist pigs.

You all make me quit this game

Nobody cares

Oops

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Careful on 2006-12-30 07:48 ]</font>

Schubalts
Dec 30, 2006, 11:35 AM
I think Serene's point has been proven...

EphekZ
Jan 3, 2007, 05:25 PM
do you guys even realize that JPPSU is a month older than US/EUPSU? and that they had all their shit reset?we're getting it the same as they got it so stfu kid.

edit:

Whatever the company is racist, sexist pigs.

what? that's a bold statement without any fucking proof
typical of an idiot like you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkgunner on 2007-01-03 14:26 ]</font>

VanHalen
Jan 3, 2007, 06:12 PM
omg we have to wait 2 weeks for content we got screwed over nooooo!!!!! lol. wow two weeks and then its back to regular updates its kinda sad you cant wait that long. anyway you content whores couldnt handle the final boss lol.

EDIT: at these times we must look to Ryu20 of universe one. notice how he sits there he's patient and doesn't worry about how much content there is. i think we should all imitate him and have his patience(or he could be just afk'ing but it sounds cool if you put it like that)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-01-03 15:15 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-01-03 17:06 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Jan 3, 2007, 08:05 PM
Wheatpenny! Give back those napkins......
then ill think about handing over the forks.... just maybe