PDA

View Full Version : the 36 Photon Art thing - how much is that killing you?

SolomonGrundy
Dec 26, 2006, 05:57 PM
My primary character is a Hunter, and they don't really suffer from a lack of space with Photon Arts. However when I look at other classes (Guntecker, Fortegunner, and Fortetecker, mostly), I see it's easy to 'run out of space'

Are you higher level folks running into this, and how much does it affect your gameplay?

Maybe clue me in on a few good PAs to sacrifice and not learn...

foamcup
Dec 26, 2006, 06:01 PM
I haven't hit the limit yet, and I have some skills and bullets to delete. I may or may not get the buff techs, I'll probably just get the EVP debuff to use on bugs, so I don't think I'll have too much of a problem with the limit.

JAFO22000
Dec 26, 2006, 06:03 PM
I'm already planning for it. Fortetecher. Almost full on PA's, but I will be able to write over a LOT of them. I kinda went overboard when I leveled my HU up to 3 (in case I wanted a WT) and bought basically every PA available.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 26, 2006, 06:05 PM
I don't really think it's that big of a problem, being a hybrid class myself, I have every tech I could possibly learn, all dual handguns, all handguns, all crossbows, all mechguns, and all melee except Axe, and I have plenty of extra space. I suppose Fortetecher will have the biggest problem in the future, but Fortegunner really should choose specific weapons and focus on it, or an alternative, choose specific elements for specific weapons. Such as burn for shotgun, freeze for grenade launcher, shock for rifle etc.

THE JACKEL

mech259_
Dec 26, 2006, 06:07 PM
On 2006-12-26 15:01, foamcup wrote:
I may or may not get the buff techs

lol

If you are a class that can get buffs, get buffs.

Also, fortegunners and fortechers should have no problems with the PA limit. There are 36 techs, so a force can learn almost all of them. (Need a few bullets)

Fortegunners have no problem either, unless you want to learn every bullet for every gun, which is crazy.

McLaughlin
Dec 26, 2006, 06:10 PM
I'm a Fighgunner and I only know 14 PAs/Bullets right now. I sincerely doubt I'll ever hit the limit.

Ronzeru
Dec 26, 2006, 06:18 PM
I don't, because I only specialize in specific weaponry.

JAFO22000
Dec 26, 2006, 06:31 PM
As a Fortetecher, I'm beginning to see no use for the Gi techs. I'm thinking wartechers will get more use from these.

Ogni-XR21
Dec 26, 2006, 07:30 PM
On 2006-12-26 15:31, JAFO22000 wrote:
As a Fortetecher, I'm beginning to see no use for the Gi techs. I'm thinking wartechers will get more use from these.

Elaborate please! I LOVE Gi techs... got all of em to lvl 21, great when you're surrounded.

I will only be using techs, so 36 techs for me. I don't care about guns or bows. If I want to play that way I will start a new char (RaCast probably).

Inazuma
Dec 26, 2006, 07:33 PM
fortetechter here, im gonna end up w/ all 36 techs. however, if for some reason i need some more PAs, i could easily do w/o giresta and all the debuffs. giresta is simple useless. i could always just use an item to revive someone if i had to. the debuffs dont always work on the harder enemies and even when they do, they usually dont make enough difference to be worth it.

i sold my bows the moment i got nosu techs, b/c they just arent as good. for low flying enemies, nosudeega completely destroys em very fast. or i could use nosuzonde or nosumegido once, to knock em down, then pummel em w/ a stronger tech.

for the big bosses who fly way up in the sky, the nosu techs work great too. the damage is very similar to a long bow, but they are also much safer to use vs the long bow. for example vs deima (earth onma guy on motoob), i stand nearly directly under em, out of range from his attacks. and i can quickly hit em w/ nosuzondes dealing over 1k damage each. if i suddenly need to run away, i can do so instantly thx to tech cancel. long bows are a thing of the past, imo.

SpishackCola
Dec 26, 2006, 08:24 PM
It doesn't.

Chris28
Dec 26, 2006, 08:45 PM
im a figunner...i have 6 PA's......yay!

McLaughlin
Dec 26, 2006, 08:54 PM
On 2006-12-26 16:33, Inazuma wrote:
fortetechter here, im gonna end up w/ all 36 techs. however, if for some reason i need some more PAs, i could easily do w/o giresta and all the debuffs. giresta is simple useless. i could always just use an item to revive someone if i had to. the debuffs dont always work on the harder enemies and even when they do, they usually dont make enough difference to be worth it.

i sold my bows the moment i got nosu techs, b/c they just arent as good. for low flying enemies, nosudeega completely destroys em very fast. or i could use nosuzonde or nosumegido once, to knock em down, then pummel em w/ a stronger tech.

for the big bosses who fly way up in the sky, the nosu techs work great too. the damage is very similar to a long bow, but they are also much safer to use vs the long bow. for example vs deima (earth onma guy on motoob), i stand nearly directly under em, out of range from his attacks. and i can quickly hit em w/ nosuzondes dealing over 1k damage each. if i suddenly need to run away, i can do so instantly thx to tech cancel. long bows are a thing of the past, imo.

Online =/= Offline. Your analogy is moot.

SolomonGrundy
Dec 26, 2006, 08:59 PM
Online =/= Offline. Your analogy is moot.

A) I don't see an analogy in that quote
B) What makes techs less useful than bows online?

McLaughlin
Dec 26, 2006, 09:11 PM
A) Next time I'll make sure I use the proper word.

B) We cannot tell how well any given Technic/Weapon will be based on Offline Play.

Dymalos
Dec 26, 2006, 09:12 PM
On my Guntecher I will have. Resta, Reverser, Agdal, and Zodial, so 4 techs. Bullet-wise I will pick-up all 6 elements for the following weapons: Bow, Crossbow, Dual Handguns, Mechguns. So in total that's 28 Photon Arts. Leaving just enough so that I can pick up the Ultimate Arts for each weapon and perhaps two melee P.A.s each for Daggers and Sabers.

EJ
Dec 26, 2006, 09:14 PM
eh giresta has been out on the JP server since that what he is talking about unless you think the online JP verison is a moot point he was making.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 26, 2006, 09:42 PM
well, 3 out of 4 of my chars are hunters and/or [gonna be] hunter types. not even my wartecher is having PA problems, cuz there are some spells i just don't like, like RA spells.

Neith
Dec 26, 2006, 09:57 PM
I hardly have any PAs on my Fortefighter (Rising Strike, Rising Crush, Tornado Break, Dus Daggas, Anga Durenga, Shousen Totsuzan-ga). Ill get a few bullet skills, and maybe a couple more melee PA's, but i really don't need that many.

My Newman will have to delete some PA's. I wanted her as a Wartecher, and leveled up, finally becoming one. Then I decided I didn't like the massive amount of weapon switching/pallette swapping, as well as the weapon switch lag, so I switched her to RA, and am going for Fortegunner. This means she has a lot of Techs/melee PA's that I wont need later.

SolomonGrundy
Dec 26, 2006, 10:02 PM
correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there a buff spell that increases TAP/MST or both? corresponding to the booster item...

MayLee
Dec 26, 2006, 10:10 PM
I'm staying strictly Force so hopefully I wont have that problem.

Nani-chan
Dec 26, 2006, 10:13 PM
Tp/mst boost is something like retraride/retier?

The wall isn't quite in view for me until I can farm PA fragments. I think it's common sense that there will be experimental PAs that people will delete. Ones that people think look good when they buy them but end up not using.

Sychosis
Dec 26, 2006, 10:16 PM
It's gonna hurt, I want all the techs but I need some bullets. I've also been considering Guntecher over Wartecher lately though, melee just does not seem conducive to casting... and that will mean even more slots with non-techs.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 26, 2006, 10:51 PM
prob all spells minus zonde and make zonde the bow burn bullet for when im in a group with nobody that can put big mobs on fire http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

its a win/win situation. I get to finaly get rid of zonde and have a good bow bullet. It will be a LONG time before we have all the spells anyways :/ forces get major shafted in that area.

the 12th should finaly have the main buff spells tho.

PJ
Dec 26, 2006, 10:54 PM
I don't see how it's a pain at all, as a Fortetecher. There are a lot of spells that I simply won't use, and I won't need many BAs for Arrows. And Force-related classes are probably the biggest needs of PAs.

36 is not a big problem.

Itsuki
Dec 26, 2006, 10:59 PM
On 2006-12-26 18:11, Zeta wrote:
A) Next time I'll make sure I use the proper word.

B) We cannot tell how well any given Technic/Weapon will be based on Offline Play.

You sir, are an idiot. But, to clear your mistake, Inazuma IS talking about online. And he is talking about how nosu techs work ONLINE.

Look at his sig man.

PSU JP World 1
Midori - Female Newman Fortecter - Lv 70

Just because they aren't in your version of the game, doesn't mean they aren't in his. I actually occasionally play with Inazuma and I've seen him use nosu techs against deima and onma myself. And he really doesn't carry any bows anymore. Personally though, I'd rather the forces still kept a bow on them for those fights. It leaves the downing of onma in the hands of the generally only 1 or 2 other people in party plinking away at his wings. I may be able to clip Onma's wings by myself, but I can't clip Deima's. And without clipping Deima's wings, it becomes a long painful fight.

As for the 36 PA limit, I haven't found it too bad yet. It does take some planning, and you really have to weigh if something is really useful to keep. But I still have plenty of stuff to get rid of that I just don't need. And thats as a guntecher. Guntechers and Wartechers probably have it worst.

SolomonGrundy
Dec 26, 2006, 11:08 PM
Guntechers and Wartechers probably have it worst.

And at the end of the day, is it worth it to be a guntecker? I was just checking out the stats on a Cast gun tecker vs a Cast fortegunner and...I don't get it? I hope the s-rank dualies/crossbows are worth it (please god let spread needle be an s-rank crossbow)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2006-12-26 20:08 ]</font>

Itsuki
Dec 26, 2006, 11:38 PM
If you want to deal damage, then fortegunner is the way to go. Guntecher is more of the status effect dealing class. They both have their own playstyle. So it depends on what you mean by "worth it". If you only care about damage, then no. But you do get the ability to debuff and heal. Which can be quite useful. But thats off topic, so I'll leave it at that.

And "needle cannon" is an 11 star grm shotgun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-12-26 20:39 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Dec 26, 2006, 11:43 PM
I got rid of my lv20 shotty bullets in favor of lv1 Card rounds. The limit isn't a problem but if I get to the point I have to get rid of lv30 Spiral Dance(My crowning achievment), i'll probably cut myself.

Inazuma
Dec 26, 2006, 11:46 PM
yea thats true. you cannot attack the wings w/ nosu techs. however, its not like the boss stays down for very long anyway. at the very least, you arent forced to use a bow once the nosu techs come out. they get the job done just fine.

Itsuki
Dec 26, 2006, 11:57 PM
But that little bit of time that they're on the ground, they take huge amounts of damage. 15 seconds on the ground is like a minute in the air. And the hunters are more of just liabilities while hes flying. They don't do much damage if any at all.

omegapirate2k
Dec 27, 2006, 01:20 AM
I actually thought about this today. This might be a good thing, actually, because it might help "Speciallize" forces of all types. Like you could have a force dedicated to buffing/healing and one dedicated to offense, it would be useful on really high level runs.
Atleast thats what I think.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 27, 2006, 01:46 AM
I heard long time ago that nosu techs dont work against flying enemies, even if they are just slightly off the ground (grove of fanatics boss) I guess thats not true then?? good news to hear.

I will have to try it out myself when the time comes. forget giresta/megiverse/megid ill be getting the nosu techs first.

SolomonGrundy
Dec 27, 2006, 02:03 AM
And "needle cannon" is an 11 star grm shotgun.

noooo....spread needle is a shotgun again :,-(

um, Itsuki-chan, what do you mean about applying status? I would think fortegunners rule the roost on this? they have higher ATA = better application of status? Also, they get the grenade launcher = perfect freeze

ON topic: I take it the BUFF (rather than debuff) spells are not worth it for Guntckers, as you can always just use a booster item.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2006-12-26 23:36 ]</font>

EC_Subbie
Dec 27, 2006, 02:07 AM
It doesn't affect me at all.... I'm only using 7 PA right now...

Rifle
Fire
Ice

Shotgun
Ice
Earth
Lightening

Laser Cannon
Fire

Dagger
Dagger PA, lv10...

Dagger is becoming useless to me at this point though, so i'll probably drop it altogether and go pure guns. Even with the later released PAs I don't see myself getting near 36 filled anytime soon...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EC_Subbie on 2006-12-26 23:07 ]</font>

Tahldon
Dec 27, 2006, 09:09 AM
On 2006-12-26 19:10, MayLee wrote:

You won't Maylee :3 If I'm not mistaken there are 30 Techs total and 6 Bullet elements for the Bow.

In my opinion that's all I need XD

Ogni-XR21
Dec 27, 2006, 09:22 AM
There are 36 techs in total. 6 elements, each one has 6 different techs. 6*6=36!

Tahldon
Dec 27, 2006, 10:22 AM
Oh wow, you're right..

My math -has- always been bad..

This complicates things..Hm.. Minus Giresta (No one will be dying for me to use it hopefully)

Hm.. all in all It seems that I've been leveling my bow techs for naught XD. Not like it does very much anyway.

*Toss*

JAFO22000
Dec 27, 2006, 10:30 AM
On 2006-12-26 16:30, Ogni-XR21 wrote:

On 2006-12-26 15:31, JAFO22000 wrote:

Elaborate please! I LOVE Gi techs... got all of em to lvl 21, great when you're surrounded.

I will only be using techs, so 36 techs for me. I don't care about guns or bows. If I want to play that way I will start a new char (RaCast probably).

Well, for my playstyle, as a Fortetecher, I should NEVER get surrounded...and if I do, I should run away, not stay and fight. I've noticed from trying to level the GI techs that I only use them when I purposly run into a group of low level/damage dealing enemies (e.g. Ageeta's) to level it faster OR when I get surrounded by more than three enemies(which rarely happens). Once I'm done leveling these techs, I will stop running into mobs, therefore it will then only be beneficial when I get surrounded...and again, if I get surrounded, I will run away rather than try to stand in the middle and use a GI tech and possibly get killed.

I believe these will work better for a WT as they will be actively seeking aggro from enemies, then when they get it, they will have enough DFP/HP to be able to stand in the middle and crush on mobs with their GI techs.

Just my 2 cents.

-dis-
Dec 27, 2006, 11:20 AM
Needle cannon?

O_O

Ryoki
Dec 27, 2006, 06:34 PM
On 2006-12-26 14:57, SolomonGrundy wrote:
My primary character is a Hunter, and they don't really suffer from a lack of space with Photon Arts. However when I look at other classes (Guntecker, Fortegunner, and Fortetecker, mostly), I see it's easy to 'run out of space'

Are you higher level folks running into this, and how much does it affect your gameplay?

Maybe clue me in on a few good PAs to sacrifice and not learn...

As a figunner, I can use all melee weapons except the Axe, and can use twin handgun, handgun, mechgun, and crossbow, which have a total of 12 bullets, I have to choose which bullet i want for each weapon. ouch...

Koro
Dec 27, 2006, 06:44 PM
Just curious to know.. it's regarding the GI techs. Once you get the 3rd upgrade for any Gi tech (lvl 21+) does it take you guys longer to cast em rather when they were, lets say, at lvl 1? Because I am having that problem = I'm thinking its computer lag, but just wanted to know if you guys experience this.. I even made my PSU run at the worst res and settings, and still i notice it takes like maybe 0.5-1 second longer to cast these.

And in my opinon Gi techs are mainly useful for wartechers because they are able to walk into a mob and cast without the fear of getting rapped (due to their high HP and DFP), rather than the fortecher getting KO'd (for vise versa reason).. but honestly I wouldnt know how much they would hit for because I think they got really low TP.. (I wouldnt know, I dont have one) then again I'm a fortetecher with most of my Gi techs at 21+ lol. I just like the fact that it targets 6 at max, and is a fast way to tag everything >:3 (and they look amazing when maxed lol) Gi techs are great, but dam will be even better... but the pp cost for those will kill me when time to recharge xD

SolomonGrundy
Dec 27, 2006, 07:38 PM
Koro,

What race of Fortetecher do you play?

Edit: by the way, you guys forget the largest reason to get Gi techs...a 4% bump in damage when placed in a rod to ALL your techs! I'd play a few thousand meseta for that...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2006-12-27 16:40 ]</font>

Itsuki
Dec 27, 2006, 08:20 PM
ON topic: I take it the BUFF (rather than debuff) spells are not worth it for Guntckers, as you can always just use a booster item.

Depends depends. I mean, personally, when theres no force in party, it falls back on the GTs and WTs to be support. Its not often in my group, but when this happens, I generally dedicate a wand to buffs. Of course, you won't need all the buffs, since realistically you don't want to dedicate more than 1 wand to this task. I personally don't find much use for defbal. And find that zodial is the most useful. Personally, I stick to Agtal and Zodial. And occasionally use Reital depending on the area.

Even when soloing though, some missions are really long. Do you want to spend 150 meseta per buff item every few minutes for an entire mission? Even at SE1, buffs are cheap and effective.

EDIT: Keep in mind that buffs are AoE. While those little items are you only.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-12-27 17:21 ]</font>

MayLee
Dec 27, 2006, 08:23 PM
On 2006-12-27 06:09, Tahldon wrote:

On 2006-12-26 19:10, MayLee wrote:

Same here. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

You won't Maylee :3 If I'm not mistaken there are 30 Techs total and 6 Bullet elements for the Bow.

In my opinion that's all I need XD

PALRAPPYS
Dec 27, 2006, 08:39 PM
Ok, let's see...

Pallette:
Card/ Cane
Rod *Attack1
Bow
Rod *Attack2
Handgun/ Attack weapon
Rod *Support

Hm, well I need to keep a rod with Reverser on it. Ok, so let's see. I could keep my Slyrod for Reverser... plus having Resta for Y, and having Gibarta and Rabarta on it... ok, that's good. Got support rod down and pat.

Now let's see, I can keep Rod Attack1 with Diga, Resta, Foie, and Rabarta. K, that's good.

For the bow, I'll have Reisei-Sou on it. That's great.

For the card and cane, I'll have Jesei-Sou and Barta w/ Resta. Good.

I'll probably have an autogun (something better... eventually...) with a Crea Saber or something with Frozen Hit and Rising Strike. Plus I already have Buten Shouren Zan (or whatever the one we have is called) and I like it, so I'll probably keep it. Nice.

Ok... for Rod Attack2, I may change it to Rod Buffs. I don't know though. I've been thinking about making Rod Attack2 the same as RA1 and taking out the H.G. w/ Saber combo and replacing that with Rod Buffs. Plus I want Giresta (mind you, I still want it), so I'll only have 3 buffs on the rod.

Ok, so here's the list... I'll probably change it around and get more, but this is for now.

Skills--
Rising Strike
Buten Shouren Zan

Bullets--
Reisei-Sou
Jeisei-Sou (er, earth elemental card PA)
Frozen Hit

Techs--
Foie
Rafoie
Barta
Rabarta
Gibarta
Zonde
Razonde
Diga
Radiga
Resta
Reverser
Giresta
Shifta
Deband
Retier

K, that's a total of...

20 PAs! (hold+shift)

And I want to get rid of some of those. Plus that's still a ton of room. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Wow, hard to think I would constantly do that work in my head... sheesh! That took a while. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

FenixStryk
Dec 27, 2006, 09:41 PM
I'm good, and I'm switching between Fighgunner, Fortegunner, and Guntecher. You don't really need every tech there is, even if you are Fortetecher.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 27, 2006, 09:43 PM
I only keep the Ra-line for the extra 4% bonus. I don't care for those gimpy spells. If I can replace them with other same-element spells, you better believe I will when I can.

JAFO22000
Dec 28, 2006, 10:45 AM
Ra's are gimpy???? I find them to be extremely useful. Explain, please....

pso123hrf
Dec 28, 2006, 11:53 AM
Damnit none of my TECHINIQUES are above 21...how do u guyz do it?!?!

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 28, 2006, 12:06 PM
well, my Gibarta for my newman wartecher got to level 10 in the short time it was a force by using that spell [almost] exclusively. try focusing on one spell at a time.

JAFO22000
Dec 28, 2006, 12:09 PM
Use them wisely. The more damage you cause, the faster they level. Know each spells range, which creatures it works well against, and when to use which spell (ex. One Ageeta?? Use Foie. Three Ageetas?? Herd them and use Rafoie. Six Ageetas?? Run in the middle of them and use Gifoie.

Do a variety of missions to use each different spell effectively.

For Resta/Reverser, use them EVERY TIME you can.

Don't expect them to level. You're in the 30's now. I don't think I had any at 20 when I was that level. Just keep at it and you'll get there soon.

Witchblade56
Dec 28, 2006, 02:33 PM
I personally spam one spell and one spell only when i solo for skill ups. Its a dreary chore at times but well worth it. So far my gizonde and gidiga [gideega for my JP version counter parts here] both hit 11 recently. I resta/reverser spam my npcs [i get decent skill ups this way].

Think about it if you have all 36 PAs filled on your list which will be above level 10 and which will be at or below? If you're an insanely meticulous person about your techs [I know I am/will be] then you might have two classes of attack spells leveled to or above 20. I can honestly say im not interested in anything but burn or freeze for my fan PAs. It's also very rare for me to use my guns [though i have them equipped for now]. I have burning shot and frozen shot for single gun PA's. Honestly though i plan on nixing them when i gain access to my fans [which only happen soon through playing guntecher].

In my own opinion I prefer the Gi- class of spells. Ra- spells hit 3 enemies with its aoe vs gi can hit 6 enemies. While the dmg per enemy seems lower on the whole consider how many enemies it hits. That equates to higher DoT output per spell. Consider too that the higher the level of your gi-spells the greater the range, the less you have to run directly into the fray. You can circle a group of mobs with a level 21+ gideega for example and hit regardless of which way your facing.

Ra- spells must be aimed [somewhat less the higher the level spell] and also the number of enemies hit with the spell are still only 3. Yes arguably the spell dmg per mob is higher however i feel that doesnt make it the better spell for -my playstyle-

I'm pretty sure my parties will want buffs and i can debuff mob ata and atp. More than likely ill probably have all of the buff/debuff spells when they come out. I want to know from inazuma or itsuki if the spells that nullfy three physical attacks/PA attacks are available online. I've seen maya use it now like three times and she doesnt take dmg for three hits. If they become available then ill definitely have those as well.

As a fledgling force [soon to be foretecher/guntecher] i definitely carry scapes with me as i know my antics [no matter how much i run around and kite mobs] earn me dirt naps on occasions that my party members cant get them off of me. its not often and i have to say that ive only used scape dolls once every four or five runs if that.

Blah long ass post -.-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2006-12-28 11:39 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Dec 28, 2006, 03:15 PM
EDIT: Keep in mind that buffs are AoE. While those little items are you only.

that AOE is relatively small though, in a 6 person party it must be challenging to get everyone to come in range. But I do take your point(s). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I was thinking Debuffs for tagging purposes, and in the case of the new jellen - lighten the load on the resta too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2006-12-28 13:10 ]</font>

DBZWWE
Dec 28, 2006, 03:16 PM
Not killing me much.

Koro
Dec 29, 2006, 12:24 AM
On 2006-12-27 16:38, SolomonGrundy wrote:
Koro,

What race of Fortetecher do you play?

Edit: by the way, you guys forget the largest reason to get Gi techs...a 4% bump in damage when placed in a rod to ALL your techs! I'd play a few thousand meseta for that...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2006-12-27 16:40 ]</font>

I play as a newman fortetecher. I dunno, I just think it's my desktop D:

Itsuki
Dec 29, 2006, 12:52 AM
I'm pretty sure my parties will want buffs and i can debuff mob ata and atp. More than likely ill probably have all of the buff/debuff spells when they come out. I want to know from inazuma or itsuki if the spells that nullfy three physical attacks/PA attacks are available online. I've seen maya use it now like three times and she doesnt take dmg for three hits. If they become available then ill definitely have those as well.

Not online in JP yet. My guess is they might come with the 2nd set of PA Frag techs.

that AOE is relatively small though, in a 6 person party it must be challenging to get everyone to come in range. But I do take your point(s).
The AoE, even at level 1, really isn't that bad. Its a lot bigger than the circle around you looks. And really, if people want buffs, they'll come to you. And if they're too lazy to, then they can buff themselves.

SolomonGrundy
Dec 29, 2006, 03:17 AM
And really, if people want buffs, they'll come to you. And if they're too lazy to, then they can buff themselves.

spoken like a FOnewearl, lol!

XFoxPrower
Jan 16, 2007, 03:52 PM
I don't like the 36 limit much. I'm at 31 already. At first, I spent all my money on buying nearly every PA in stores, thinking it were a wise investment since I'd want to max them all. Now there's so many new PAs and the limit hasn't been increased. Is there a point to them now? If you overwrite a PA, will it's EXP stay with you if you relearn it? I wish fully mastered PAs could be unequipped and stored for later use rather than having to be overwritten, so that it would be a limit of only 36 "learning" PAs. The new PAs too such as Fists aren't worth replacing the original either. They're not combo friendly.

Kaydin
Jan 16, 2007, 03:58 PM
I thought the limit went up as you level. I'm now officially screwed. >.< I'm definately not gonna have room for all spells, all bow PAs and all card PAs. I can't use cards yet, so I dunno if the PAs are any good. Are they worth getting or should I just not ever use cards?

panzer_unit
Jan 16, 2007, 04:05 PM
The Fist PA is well worth it for what it does to large mobs.

With the full PT skill set over my limit, I filled up with:
Rising Strike + Gravity Strike
Bogga Danga + Bogga Zuppa
both Axe PA's
Tornado Break (didn't think Spinning was worth it, I've already got Dus Daggas)
Dus Daggas (didn't think Robando was worth it, I've already got Tornado Break)

Bow: everything ... fire, ice, earth at 21+, lightning mid-teens, working on dark
Shotgun: everything ... fire, ice, lightning at 21+, earth mid-teens, working on light
Handgun: everything ... working on getting fire and ice to 21, backups for my primary ammo skills
Laser: everything ... but I don't grind them. they'll just level up from actual use.
Grenade: fire, ice, earth, lightning ... I will probably never level Grenade techs. It's too difficult to grind for it, and the low level skills hurt performance badly for my primary use of the weapon as knockdown spam on teams. IMO it was a waste of 20k to get the disks.

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 16, 2007, 04:07 PM
cards are awesome, and you do not need every spell, nor every bullet PA, some of them just aren't worthwhile

THE JACKEL

panzer_unit
Jan 16, 2007, 04:41 PM
You need every bullet on weapons where the element bonus counts for a lot. For other gun types maybe it's wise to have two... some good SE and some other good SE so you never have your damage nerfed.

Para
Jan 16, 2007, 04:42 PM
I definitely believe I will have problems holding all I need as a wartecher... there are still some unreleased techs I plan to use... Actually Im having a bigger issue with balancing weapons with the techs >_>