PDA

View Full Version : Can Microsoft fix this?

MayLee
Dec 27, 2006, 12:19 AM
Since I am on the 360 and I will bve getting my own 360 in about a couple weeks I really want to know if Microsoft can place my PSU account onto my new gamertag or do I have to ask Sega team too? Because it's not fair that I have to start all over with a new character and my items...and my PM...T__T

The gamertag that it is linked to isn't even mine, it's my brothers and I don't want to go around named grimdemolisher for a girl. No way. >.<

Plus I have to think of a gamertag name...*sigh*

Help, anyone? >.<

Sekani
Dec 27, 2006, 12:22 AM
I'm about 99% sure that you're screwed. However there are roughly 2000 people here who'd have no problem helping you start up a new character.

And Gamertag name? Um... "MayLee"?

MayLee
Dec 27, 2006, 12:25 AM
I was thinking that too, I might have to give it some thought. I wanted something unique and...me..

I would be really happy if I had help getting started

I'm going to keep my name and I guess remake my character..I wonder if you add someone to your list with the same name as another in someone els in that person's list will overide eachother..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MayLee on 2006-12-26 21:26 ]</font>

Sekani
Dec 27, 2006, 12:30 AM
Nah, they'll have two MayLee's in the card list, since the player IDs are different.

MayLee
Dec 27, 2006, 12:33 AM
Ah, I see. cool.

Jedah
Dec 27, 2006, 12:34 AM
Nah... but could always change his Gamertag name to something else. >.>

McLaughlin
Dec 27, 2006, 12:46 AM
I can help you level. Assuming I find the time to get on. *glares at FF III*

MayLee
Dec 27, 2006, 12:48 AM
Thanks, now I'll have too ask Ryogen a favore

omegapirate2k
Dec 27, 2006, 01:07 AM
Oh, you want a girly name?

I'll give you a girly name, how about "Fairy dolphin puppy moon dust"?

It doesn't get any more girlish than that, folks.

MayLee
Dec 27, 2006, 01:13 AM
O.O

I think I'd get made fun of even if I was a girl sporting that name. >.<

omegapirate2k
Dec 27, 2006, 01:15 AM
On 2006-12-26 22:13, MayLee wrote:
O.O

I think I'd get made fun of even if I was a girl sporting that name. >.<

Naw. Well... maybe a little.

I know a girl in the same situation though, her brothers gamertag is "Ungodly Reaper", so she's stuck with that name.

Sekani
Dec 27, 2006, 01:17 AM
"Coldblooded Force"

MayLee
Dec 27, 2006, 01:34 AM
Hehehe. How about. Dark Mystress?

omegapirate2k
Dec 27, 2006, 01:37 AM
How bout the "Missouri Mauler" XD

Garnet_Moon
Dec 27, 2006, 01:40 AM
You could get the waterworks going and throw "My family is divocrinc and I want to stay with my brother, and this is the only way I can be with him!" at SEGA. I don't know how successful that'd be, but it'd certainly be worth a shot.

That's what i'd do. :3

VanHalen
Dec 27, 2006, 01:41 AM
On 2006-12-26 21:46, Zeta wrote:

you got FF3 too cool

anyway maylee i would like to help you level too but im on PC

MayLee
Dec 27, 2006, 01:41 AM
I'd Maul myself If I had a gamertag named that. >.<

MayLee
Dec 27, 2006, 01:42 AM
On 2006-12-26 22:41, VanHalen wrote:

On 2006-12-26 21:46, Zeta wrote:

you got FF3 too cool

anyway maylee i would like to help you level too but im on PC

Aww, well thanks for caring anyways! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

omegapirate2k
Dec 27, 2006, 01:44 AM
On 2006-12-26 22:41, MayLee wrote:
I'd Maul myself If I had a gamertag named that. >.<

XD alright then, well Dark Mystress could work...

I liked my ideas better, though.

Pentence
Dec 27, 2006, 03:14 AM
Gimme a description of the traits of the item/thing/person is that you want to name and ill fire a few names off.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pentence on 2006-12-27 00:14 ]</font>

pineapple
Dec 27, 2006, 12:20 PM
Well, you may be screwed. You realize you can make your own gamertag on your brother's xbox though and transfer it later, right?

McLaughlin
Dec 27, 2006, 12:23 PM
How about "A Little Girl".

It'd be so awesome for Halo2.

"You were assassinated by A Little Girl."
"You were splattered by A Little Girl."
"A Little Girl is arming the bomb!"
"You killed A Little Girl."

Rekitheforce
Dec 27, 2006, 12:28 PM
On 2006-12-27 09:23, Zeta wrote:
How about "A Little Girl".

It'd be so awesome for Halo2.

"You were assassinated by A Little Girl."
"You were splattered by A Little Girl."
"A Little Girl is arming the bomb!"
"You killed A Little Girl."

lol

Sychosis
Dec 27, 2006, 12:50 PM
Does he have any friends that he cares about on his GT? If not you can do as mentioned before and change the name...for the modest sum of $10 that is.

McLaughlin
Dec 27, 2006, 12:59 PM
Changing your Gamertag doesn't erase the Friends List. I changed mine in June, so I know. He might want to send out a message saying what it's changing to though.

Sychosis
Dec 27, 2006, 01:05 PM
I know that. It's just that if he only played GoW once or twice and only knows a couple guys she could just erase them and essentially start fresh without losing her PSU characters.

Though she could just up and change it then let him message all his pals and re-send FRs when he gets a new GT, but I dunno how stubborn her brother is.

Tahldon
Dec 27, 2006, 01:21 PM
So you're gonna get your own 360? That's great. Sharing SUCKS!!!

*ahem* "Dark Mystress" is a bit overused to me..

Lesse *Brain process something* You should have a gamertag like..

Lurid Nymph
Nocturnal Contessa
Malicious Siren
Hell's Wisp

For some reason you wanna be evil and bad but good at the same time >.> So.. yeah..

But if you have to start over and all, Ronz and me will aid you in your leveling back up and all.

How do I know Ronzeru will help? Cause I say so XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tahldon on 2006-12-27 10:24 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Dec 27, 2006, 01:22 PM
I'll help too. Though I'm always doing that.

riotSPL
Dec 27, 2006, 01:24 PM
shooo... you kno ill gladly donate to the cause!!! its just i play at odd hours of the day, like 10pm EST and later... but if im on and you need help ill gladly aid, whatever ya need!!

Esufer
Dec 27, 2006, 01:50 PM
I'll give you any help you need.

I am ridiculously sexy though. Allegedly. >_<

Sinue_v2
Dec 27, 2006, 03:40 PM
CleavlndSteamr

But I guess me and my group of friends are just sick like that....

(Cool Hot Carl, DingleBerry Crunch, King Kong Dookie, Microwaved Poop, Jesus Poop, Daddy No!, WrngoutPhol, ect...)

JAFO22000
Dec 27, 2006, 03:41 PM
On 2006-12-26 21:19, MayLee wrote:
Since I am on the 360 and I will bve getting my own 360 in about a couple weeks I really want to know if Microsoft can place my PSU account onto my new gamertag or do I have to ask Sega team too? Because it's not fair that I have to start all over with a new character and my items...and my PM...T__T

The gamertag that it is linked to isn't even mine, it's my brothers and I don't want to go around named grimdemolisher for a girl. No way. >.<

Help, anyone? >.<

Why don't you just keep your brothers 360 and let him have the one you're getting??

MayLee
Dec 27, 2006, 07:54 PM
Because my brother is crazy about his achievement points. =

Thanks for the help everyone, I guess I'll have o endure the whole thing. But re-creating my character to make her even cuter because I messed up while creating her before seems like a plus. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Esufer
Dec 27, 2006, 08:03 PM
And you've got tonnes of people willing to help you. =D

Just drop me a line whenever you need some help.

Not now though.

Sleep calls.

PALRAPPYS
Dec 27, 2006, 09:24 PM
I could help! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I'm gonna have to help my friend who's getting the game tomorrow anyways, so my experience of helping him could sort of give me the experience of helping you? Oh well I'll donate some money (heh, donate. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) and might get some PAs or something.

imfanboy
Dec 27, 2006, 09:29 PM
Seriously, it's not a big deal just recreating a character - I had to go through three iterations of my beastfemme (HUfurl?) before I managed to make her as cute as I wanted her to be. Once, she got all the way to level 19 before I decided, "Hell with that name," and remade her.

25 is NOTHING - you can get back to 25 in a weekend of power-leveling VoC or Sleeping Warriors. Now if your character were say, 50, that'd be a problem...

If I weren't on PS2 I'd be glad to help you out. Ah well, such is life.

SlothMotion
Dec 27, 2006, 09:42 PM
You gamertag is your ENTIRE gaming identity for xbox. you should NEVER use someone else's gamertag so yea, your screwed.

MayLee
Dec 27, 2006, 09:59 PM
On 2006-12-27 18:29, imfanboy wrote:
Seriously, it's not a big deal just recreating a character - I had to go through three iterations of my beastfemme (HUfurl?) before I managed to make her as cute as I wanted her to be. Once, she got all the way to level 19 before I decided, "Hell with that name," and remade her.

25 is NOTHING - you can get back to 25 in a weekend of power-leveling VoC or Sleeping Warriors. Now if your character were say, 50, that'd be a problem...

If I weren't on PS2 I'd be glad to help you out. Ah well, such is life.

I'm not level 25, I'm level 30.

MayLee
Dec 27, 2006, 10:00 PM
On 2006-12-27 18:42, SlothMotion wrote:
You gamertag is your ENTIRE gaming identity for xbox. you should NEVER use someone else's gamertag so yea, your screwed.

I had no choice, I didn't pay for the licence.

Pentence
Dec 28, 2006, 03:39 AM
On 2006-12-27 16:54, MayLee wrote:
Because my brother is crazy about his achievement points. =

Thanks for the help everyone, I guess I'll have o endure the whole thing. But re-creating my character to make her even cuter because I messed up while creating her before seems like a plus. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I made mine look like me execept as short as i feel not how short i am.Obviously also he has much larger ears(pointy beast type,and irl mine are 3" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif) and a clef above his lips http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.Finaly the hair i coulda done my real color(rustyred)but i wanted a indigo just for fun.Also he has my wirey musclular build which worked out nice with most cloths in game to.

So if ya want a real chalenge or to have some fun try makeing you in a character.Its kinda neat to see yourself fighting on screen http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Tahldon
Dec 28, 2006, 01:28 PM
On 2006-12-27 19:00, MayLee wrote:

On 2006-12-27 18:42, SlothMotion wrote:

I had no choice, I didn't pay for the licence.

Maylee,

When you pick your gamertag, please lemme know I'm interested in what you'd come up with.

:3 My curiousity is urging me is all. And no I won't add you as a friend without consent so worry not.

riotSPL
Dec 28, 2006, 01:32 PM
Yo Maylee.. I told you you were pretty popular among the 360 servers... hehe, so when is all this goin down??

Akaimizu
Dec 28, 2006, 01:43 PM
On 2006-12-28 00:39, Pentence wrote:
So if ya want a real chalenge or to have some fun try makeing you in a character.Its kinda neat to see yourself fighting on screen http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

That was my very first character in PSO. Wicksomnae was technically my spitting image as a Newman, with an anime look. Though I tend to find making a new character look, that doesn't have a previous example, is the hardest thing to do. With yourself, like existing characters, you get to cheat a little since you always can look at yourself. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Still, it was fun.

Knowbodie
Dec 28, 2006, 01:51 PM
On 2006-12-26 21:19, MayLee wrote:

Help, anyone? >.<

Actually there is a way to send one person achievements to another gamertag (Alot people believe those guys who hit 100,000 gamerscore prolly did it). You would have to transfer your saves unto your computer(Some websites have saves that you can download). You would load his saves unto the new console then load the gamesaves. After he loads it in the game he should get the achievements. Acouple games have protection against this, and the MS new patch wont allow you to load them(Do it beforehand). I would still do some research on this, because I dont know of problems you might get. Happy hunting.

Akaimizu
Dec 28, 2006, 02:21 PM
I doubt that would work. Those move all the achievements, saves, and stuff that are stored *offline*. It doesn't do anything for *online* stuff. Online stuff is literally *attached* to your Gamertag account. That's why it's always important to have your own. Partially because, unless you literally arrange to kill that account, it's always with you, no matter whether you switched from Xbox to Xbox360, or loaded it on another 360. And anything you bought with it, is still credited to you, to freely download on whatever machine you now are on. (that's why I'm psyched for the new DDR coming out. That's when I'll download every song pack I've bought to make it into a super Mega DDR collection)

The main issue here, is not really the Gamertag, but in general, the Guardian's License. In this case, the Guardian's License is attached to a Gamertag. Now she could use his Gamertag on another 360 console, but that's not the point, you'd still be sharing the same Guardian's License. So no matter what, you're kind of screwed from keeping a character if you are to move to a different Guardian's License.

When you decide to pay for your own Guardian's License (PC/PS2/360), you're in the same boat.

In this case, what would be done, and can be done, in the interim, is to create a Free Silver Live account, with the Gamertag you want. You can transfer this to whatever console you want. Any transactions, guardian's Licenses etc will be attached to this account. If for another particular reason, you want Gold, you can get that later, but it's unnecessary for these functions. Then you can get started with your new character on your own account, which you can then transfer, if you want by choosing the existing Gamertag you have, on your new system.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-28 11:24 ]</font>

MayLee
Dec 28, 2006, 03:11 PM
Tahldon: Don't worry, I'll make sure people who want to know my Ganertag gets it.

riotSPL: Somewhere in January.

Thanks for the info Akaimizu.

Esufer
Dec 28, 2006, 06:53 PM
Open a shop before you start your new character, password the room, and set everything on sale for 1 meseta. Then go there with your new character, and buy it all up. =D

It's an overly complicated common box for inbetween accounts.

That could help if you don't want to lose everything.

MayLee
Dec 28, 2006, 07:43 PM
That actually sounds like a good Idea..but I have 40K in my PM. =(

Esufer
Dec 28, 2006, 07:54 PM
Spend it on clothes or something to really give yourself a headstart on your new character. Make the best of a bad situation.

MayLee
Dec 28, 2006, 07:56 PM
You're right! ^___^

Thanks, I think I'll get me a Classica Tunic and a PA.

Knowbodie
Dec 29, 2006, 09:28 AM
On 2006-12-28 11:21, Akaimizu wrote:
I doubt that would work. Those move all the achievements, saves, and stuff that are stored *offline*. It doesn't do anything for *online* stuff. Online stuff is literally *attached* to your Gamertag account. That's why it's always important to have your own. Partially because, unless you literally arrange to kill that account, it's always with you, no matter whether you switched from Xbox to Xbox360, or loaded it on another 360. And anything you bought with it, is still credited to you, to freely download on whatever machine you now are on. (that's why I'm psyched for the new DDR coming out. That's when I'll download every song pack I've bought to make it into a super Mega DDR collection)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-28 11:24 ]</font>

Since it saved on your harddrive files they are activated when it loads the games info on the xbox(your hardrive contains the achievements). Only game this wouldnt work for are PSU(Server side), and the few that have protection against moving those files (Very few, I think one or two Ubisoft games, but its been awhile). I meant her brother could have a new account with those achievements while maylee could just change the original account name so its more to her liking. Now if you wanted to transfer Xbox live arcade games she would to use her old profile on both accounts and be Xboxlive with those(Offline for the new account would only turn those into trial verisons). Its a long and tedious method but it might be worth it.

Dyssaan
Dec 29, 2006, 10:23 AM
When you get your 360, give him your hard drive. Use the XSATA or that transfer kit to move the saves etc.. to the pc and then back to your hd. You take his hard drive and i think it's just $5 to change the gamertag to something that suits you better. That should work.