PDA

View Full Version : Two months later...

OdinTyler
Dec 27, 2006, 01:15 PM
Well, its been a lil more than 2 months that PSU has been released. Whats everyone's overall take on it? To those that know me, Im sure youve noticed I havent been around as things...well...theyve been difficult. But, I did manage to get PSU & Im ready to discuss it with friends. However, this topic is open to anyone who wants to leave their impressions on the game. As for myself, Im limited to offline til I get home access again. But, Im interested in everyone's take on the game (offline & online). So, feel free to post. Good luck, guardians!

Rubesahl
Dec 27, 2006, 01:23 PM
I'm impressed with both offline and online. Being entirely honest, I haven't finished offline http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Online is so entertaining XD

I was afraid of getting bored, since PSU does not have THAT many stages, especially in the beginning. As they kept unlocking clothes and the new classes, I was more and more sucked into online mode. I'm terribly slow though >.>; So I wouldn't know about anything higher than B rank missions ;P Currently a level 25 hu/beast, a level 16 new/fo, and a level 18 caseal/ranger. Each class is so different and their playstyles are so different too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Plus needing to level up two job levels to access an advanced job is pretty cool and I'm in the process of becoming fighgunner http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Main complaint is bad code efficiency. Its the reason why a friend of mine hasn't been able to join me in PSU...

Story mode is awesome. Voice acting doesn't make me ears bleed so I'm happy. At chapter 9 and I'm looking forward to what is coming, plus the online story missions afterwards.

I only wish the game were more popular T_T;

CelestialBlade
Dec 27, 2006, 01:29 PM
For it being this early in the game, I've been extremely impressed. There's been issues, most notably with hacking, but you can't expect perfection right as the green flag drops and Sega's actually responded very well to these issues (haven't heard from them hackers in a while, have we?) The weekly updates have prevented things from getting boring, and they've even added a story element to Online mode via Guardians missions.

I've been having a lot of fun and I can't wait to see what the future holds.

Itchee
Dec 27, 2006, 01:33 PM
As a former long-time player of PSO and FFXI, I find PSU to be a great balance between quick, arcadey action games and time-consuming online RPGs. As much as Id like to sit on my ass and play RPGs all day long, its incredibly difficult for me to do so nowadays.....often I only have an hour at most to play per day. With PSU, Its totally possible to just pick it up real quick and have at it, or sit down and grind my way into oblivion. I love tha PS franchise too....(Phantasy Star II was the illest! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif)

PJ
Dec 27, 2006, 01:42 PM
My biggest problem with PSU is that it's actual work to keep your money up. I want my friends to be online, but I can see that being a big turn off. To those that say, "You expect everything easy? Pfft" I say, I expect it to be a GAME.

But, on that note, it is very much fun to be earning this hard money to get, so it balances itself out in the end. I'm enjoying my time online, as I was enjoying my time offline too.

PSU's an amazing game.

Kirip-san
Dec 27, 2006, 01:46 PM
Three words: Addicting as PSO.
~nyo

VanHalen
Dec 27, 2006, 02:10 PM
On 2006-12-27 10:46, Kirip-san wrote:
Three words: Addicting as PSO.
~nyo

what they said except no nyo

Dhylec
Dec 27, 2006, 02:18 PM
In short, I can't wait to get online everday.

Akaimizu
Dec 27, 2006, 02:23 PM
For me, I definitely miss it on days I can't play. I'm a bit behind the curve of achievements, for people who started on day 1. Considering, I'm only level 38 and have a PM at level 21 (partially because I had to reset once and I'm doing half tech/half strike).

The thing that really does it for me, online. Is the expert classes. Since switching to Guntecher, I don't think I've had a more fun support character in any online RPG, to date. I'm always in love with the aspect of having a class where you often switch your Role of combat support right in the midst of combat. It really keeps your mind active, and generally gives you that feeling of freedom to cover whatever is currently lacking. It's like another layer of strategy, altogether. Even better when you get into a zone with it, and people notice that your role juggling is kicking butt and saving lives. Even if you aren't the big damage dealer in the group. The fact that this is full realtime action is what makes such strategies more tasty and rewarding. It feels comfortably deep, yet still relaxing in a way, most of the time.

Communication has come a long way, as well. It's nice to get such instant feedback in which you can quickly plan who covers which role, when you're trying to keep everybody alive through a tougher section. Or if someone is running low on a resource.

I don't think I've had it this good in PSO. People have been getting real cool with voice chat.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-27 12:10 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Dec 27, 2006, 02:26 PM
Wow. Only 2 months. Feels like I've been playing for 6...

I'm glad that I found the group of friends I did. I don't think I'd be having as much fun w/o them.

Overall, i'm impressed with the game. Knowing that there is still a buttload of content to release just makes me more anxious to play!

Neith
Dec 27, 2006, 02:28 PM
Still undecided.

I do like PSU. I like the challenge of high rank missions. I like the concept of Photon Arts. I like the customization options. I love some of the areas. However, there's things with PSU that annoy me, or I can't stand. Things like having to run through a few boring missions to reach a good one, the number of money pools compared to the amount of money you make.

One thing that does annoy me with PSU is that aside from boring Parum missions, and a few other missions, there isn't much to solo. Now, before the banshees start screaming 'ONLINE GAEM LOLZ PLAY WIT PPLZ', I'd like to point out that in PSO, I didn't even acknowledge 90% of the community. I played with friends, and when no-one was online, I solo'ed, rather than play in populated ships. I'm not terribly fond of playing with people I don't know- I prefer the company of friends. PSU doesn't allow me the option to solo when it's quiet, which is a shame. Usually results in me logging off instead.

I don't know, I'll keep playing PSU..for now. I'll give it a few months to see if it interests me anymore, and if not, Ill probably revert back to what has kept me constantly entertained for 3 years- PSO.

SonicTMP
Dec 27, 2006, 02:54 PM
More or less bored with it. Feels too much like a job to obtain anything even from the start. More repetative than PSO without the fun. Sure PSO only had a few areas but at least treking thru them and fighting an epic boss at the end was hella fun. PSU just makes the bosses unimpressive and farmable. Not fun. Content locked is stupid.. While other MMO's expand PSU gets unlocked. WoW will be getting a massive expansion next month and PSU won't even be fully unlocked.

It's been fun at times, and I'll keep working at it. But it doesn't have the addiction value of what PSO was. There isn't much of an acomplishment feeling as you go thru.

Tear
Dec 27, 2006, 03:13 PM
On 2006-12-27 11:54, SonicTMP wrote:
More or less bored with it. Feels too much like a job to obtain anything even from the start. More repetative than PSO without the fun. Sure PSO only had a few areas but at least treking thru them and fighting an epic boss at the end was hella fun. PSU just makes the bosses unimpressive and farmable. Not fun. Content locked is stupid.. While other MMO's expand PSU gets unlocked. WoW will be getting a massive expansion next month and PSU won't even be fully unlocked.

It's been fun at times, and I'll keep working at it. But it doesn't have the addiction value of what PSO was. There isn't much of an acomplishment feeling as you go thru.

WoW has been around for 2 years. They have a much much larger fanbase, in the millions. Not to mention they make a lot more money.

It's understandable that Sega locked content, they probably understand as well as everyone else that this game is repetitive as hell and the subscribers need something new every once in a while. Let's pretend everything was unlocked. You'd still be bored anyway and have nothing to look forward to until they come up with ideas that will probably be recycled.

We can all agree that it's the same grind over and over but what game doesn't have grind. It's more enjoyable if you play with friends anyway and at your own pace.

etlitch
Dec 27, 2006, 03:14 PM
console limitations. etc.

Pengfishh
Dec 27, 2006, 03:43 PM
Last night I realized my feelings toward PSU are somewhat strange. I was trying to play, trying to do all these things and I just didn't feel like it, yet I go downstairs and see a preview for PSU on the 360 on the digital cable On Demand service and get really excited.

And at work (at my little video game store), whenever someone asks about it I get really excited and passionate and all, but I haven't played for more than a collective hour in the last week.

It's because I don't have many folks to play with, I guess, and I hate random parties because of my own snobbishness and need for conversation while playing. There's an amazing number of things to do, though, and I don't understand how PSO can even compare beyond the magic of being new.

Meh.

Sgt_Shligger
Dec 27, 2006, 03:53 PM
Well. . .

On 2006-12-23 03:36, Sgt_Shligger wrote:
When I think about it, PSU may seem better then PSO if PSU came out first.

The thing is, PSU didn't introduce new things. Change the gameplay mechanics, added new weapons, and other things. The story. . . I liked it. It wasn't bad. Just a generic story, nothing special.

PSO. . . You struggled to "find" the story. What makes PSO's story and PSO in general so great is that they developers left so much out. You're left to figure it out and you're the one who fills in the blanks.

PSU's music is really bad. . . I love the PSO music and I have tons of it on my PC. PSU not so much. Seabed music, outstanding. Some of the Linear Line music, good. The rest is pretty bad. PSO's music had an ambiance to it. It didn't drive you crazy.

Also, PSO had a more "party friendly" system. Go to universe one and see what happens when you die on your team. People are complete dicks. It gives purpose to surviving a mission but at the same time, it ruins it.

PSU needs more rare weapons. Sure, you can get "custom" weapons that you make yourself or bartered for but that's not the same. Rare weapons in PSU are just modified versions of your standard weapons. PSO's rare weapons were twisted and warped versions of your weapons. . . You could barely tell what a Final Impact was.

All in all, I'd say PSU is more fun to play but sacrificed its story. Again, PSO's story was amazing since it was so open. You were the one doing all the work and it had a real purpose. I have yet to hear why Guardians have to purge the Gurhal star system of all non-humanoid life.

In a nutshell.

And more http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=130340&forum=11&start=25

I like PSU nonetheless.

Ogni-XR21
Dec 27, 2006, 06:14 PM
Some days I love it.

Some days I'm bored out of my mind with it.

-Dainslef-
Dec 27, 2006, 06:21 PM
It lacks in content, painfully. If the game was this pretty and active with a world even a quarter the size of WoW, or even half the quests and encounters of, say, even Everquest 1, this game would be fantastic.

But it doesn't, in fact, it doesn't come REMOTELY close to either of those requirements, and so I expect to be fully bored of it soon. I'd be surprised if I'm still playing in March.

Very surprised.

HiKeRI
Dec 27, 2006, 06:39 PM
On 2006-12-27 15:21, -Dainslef- wrote:
It lacks in content, painfully. If the game was this pretty and active with a world even a quarter the size of WoW, or even half the quests and encounters of, say, even Everquest 1, this game would be fantastic.

But it doesn't, in fact, it doesn't come REMOTELY close to either of those requirements, and so I expect to be fully bored of it soon. I'd be surprised if I'm still playing in March.

Very surprised.

Even though when i heard of PSU having "Open Field" i expected that lol.. It failed, but thats fine.. i guess

Garnet_Moon
Dec 27, 2006, 07:21 PM
I take back what I said about PSU not delivering what it said about branching paths.

Nearly every stage has branching paths... they just lead to dead ends and lots of backtracking to get on the single path to the next block. I guess that works. A little annoying, but they kept that promise. >_>

PsyX
Jan 3, 2007, 03:01 PM
I was pretty impressed with PSU...although a little disappointed at the smallness of the world and content. However seeing as the game was only released in November it's obvious lots of content should be added (right?).

But yeah, s'a good looking game, just a little different from most MMO's (i.e. no completely open fields...) and coming from MMO's such as Lineage II and RF: Online it took a little getting used to.

Still, it's pretty similar to Guild Wars in some ways. Minus the completely unhelpful and crap community.

FrogKicker
Jan 3, 2007, 03:09 PM
Only one complaint. No aggro control. Granted it is easy enough to wtfpwn everything in the rooms but meh...

Still would have been nice.

panzer_unit
Jan 3, 2007, 03:38 PM
I love it. Everything looks good. Combat's fun. Character classes and abilities are interesting and mesh reasonably well. Every time I've been faced with an impossible chore grinding rank or farming cash some more challenging mission with higher risks and rewards gets unlocked. I have enough money to keep making decent gear at a moderate pace even ignoring my shop profits.

My only complaint is that there's just too much game. I can't get enough time to do enough of everything that's available. Trying to S rank the new story mission, hunting in un-favored areas, taking stuff to the grind desk and making replacements, rebooting my PM, redecorating, making up fresh cut-in/emote macros, etc.

asdf
Jan 3, 2007, 03:54 PM
I played PSO since 1999 and followed it from the dc to the gc and now to the ps2. After the GC's pso death, I decided to play World of Warcraft. 2 Years on that game and now I find myself playing PSU on ps2. The problem for me is, everything is so mondane and boring. I was a huge die hard pso fan but once I got a taste of WoW everything else seems trivial in the broad aspect of "fun" I feel WoW has ruined my life in terms of finding enjoyment elsewhere. I gotta give PSU some repsect though. Sega does seem to care about us this time around. With the constant updates and the anti-hack patches they release for us. I find myself playing PSU on my spare time, not much though. I'm more into gears of war at the moment. Oh shit... I mixed vicodin with that 5-hour energy drink. My chest hurts please excuse me from this rant for a moment........ zomg

Jife_Jifremok
Jan 3, 2007, 04:08 PM
I find myself getting bored with the game a lot now. I only bother to play if I have at least one friend doing stuff and letting me join. But with each big update my interest goes back up and PSU gets back to owning my soul...for a few days.

Taris
Jan 3, 2007, 04:24 PM
There's enough content now to warrent me playing this every few days. But I'm in no rush to get even close to level 60 (or even 50) without (still) no presence of "basic" kinds of stuff like the buffs/debuffs and the light/dark bullets. (As a Ranger/Guntecher/Protrancer, I'm not thrilled about leveling bullets for certain guns when I know I'd be ditching them for light/dark when they finally show up.)

But it seems like enough has been released for now to warrant calling this an "enjoyable pick-up-and-play game like Diablo was". NOT a "Final Fantasy XI or World of Warcraft" game, but then again, it was NEVER MEANT TO BE ONE OF THOSE. (This concept cannot be hammered home to those who would compare this to those enough. It just can't. Because some apparently still can't get it.)

When we finally get the HIVE and thus all the "Episode 1" bosses and enemies released, I'd say this will be well above the bar set by PSO ep. 1 & 2, in terms of content. All that's really missing in my eyes are mission types that are not the typical "run from start of map to finish, kill boss when applicable", and are instead more along the lines of the quests from PSO. (Example, hunting down a certain item or killing a certain number of monsters. And I WANT TO SEE Nightmare and Endless missions eventually, dammit.)

Yah, we're getting Episode 2 "story" missions. That doesn't mean that Sega can't make little "side story" type missions featuring the Story mode NPCs and such...

Yup, and what really interests me now is the number of "Episode 2" story missions they have slated down the road. If they released a new one every 3 or 4 weeks, we won't have the "full" Episode 2 finished for about a year, huh?

EDIT: By the way, if you thought that this game would be "open field" the MOMENT they announced it for Playstation 2, you lose. Who honestly thought this could be "open field" when it was going to be put on a PS2? The thing struggled with Final Fantasy 11, for god's sake. Be realistic, people. If you don't like the format, then chide Sega for wanting to actually sell copies of this game. (And don't say "they should have waited for the PS3 to be released." That's a joke in and of itself, there...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Taris on 2007-01-03 13:28 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Jan 4, 2007, 10:59 AM
So people seem to at least moderately like the game. Better than hating it. LOL Anyway, I have had probs with the game myself:

1) TOO MUCH DAMN LAG! OMG Im on offline & Ive never seen so much. Has anyone else? Anyway to fix this? I play on PS2.

2) I force myself to play the same missions over & over. Still, it does get more fun as you level, especially when doing missions with ALOT of enemies. Youre too busy to be bored & when your team helps you out, its definitely fun!

3) Saddened that so many more items are online & arent offline. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Theres some stuff Im really looking foward too. However, the weps I do have available are decent.

I have more good than bad to say about the game. I waited so long for it so I plan to enjoy it for a long time to come. I just wish that I could use the Flowder, Lunga & Striker in Extra Mode. You only get to use each once & thats it! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Any chance that it can be done online whenever you want or maybe once online, download an offline mission so I can do it whenever?

Xtian913
Jan 4, 2007, 02:42 PM
My sentiments about PSU echo that of almost everyone else who has mentioned the technical limitations so far, such as lag and connection issues and the overall format of menus & user friendliness. Alot of that stuff can be streamlined down the road though, so I'm hopeful overall.

In terms of things I wish were improved but honestly knew they wouldn't be were the possibility of a graphical upgrade (albeit a small one...) on the PC and 360 sides. Just a little more polish would have been great.

Also, I know its not an actually MMO like WoW or FFXI, but a little more life in the world and maybe some kind of overworld map to simple explore on your own would have been. Of course, these are wishes, so I won't be holding my breath.

Now, with that said, there is also an undeniable charm to PSU that keeps me coming back even when I have blockbuster titles for nextgen consoles waiting (and collecting dust) on my shelves, but all I can think about is, "Oooh, I gotta make some more meseta tonight!" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

C4
Jan 4, 2007, 03:38 PM
the big problem with psu is that sega lock all the content and release it bit by bit, i feel like im waiting for the game to come out every month. also this create big trend, everyone playing with same weapons and outfit caus the rest of the game is lock... i dont like that...

Kent
Jan 4, 2007, 03:45 PM
So far... I'm kinda mixed on this. The gameplay is fantastic - everything I expected a successor to PSO to have, just... The netcode, is downright sloppy, and the graphics are horribly inefficient, and poorly programmed. For how taxing the game is, performance-wise, the game just doesn't look good enough to justify it - although, by no means does it look "bad."

As far as variety... They postponed the first update just long enough for people to get sick of the original content, and drive them away. More updates are nice, but the fact that they already made the stuff, and are keeping it from us, is a little annoying. The $9.99 fee is more or less unjustified, because I don't see any server improvements, or actual new content. If that's just covering server maintenance, they could do that by slapping a few billboards with real-world ads (out of the way, of course) on Parum and the Colony. It's almost completely profit, now - unless you count the number of people who just pirated a copy of the game, and started paying the online fee, then that's five months of make-up.

Despite all this, I do really like playing the game, and don't mind paying for it (...mainly, because I'm not the one doing the paying). That, and I have friends to play with me, so it all works out (more or less). I really wish that fee would go toward development of new content, but we can thank the lack of PS2 HDD support for that not happening.

Miao
Jan 4, 2007, 04:50 PM
PSO was more fun due to the fact that at the time it came out there was not alot of games simliar to it. Also it was free.

I've quit PSU and won't be returning. Most of my friends on it quit as well. They can add new weapons and new jobs but it's all the same thing. Running missions over and over and over. It's just boring but to each their own.

If you enjoy it, you enjoy it. If you don't, you don't.

foamcup
Jan 4, 2007, 05:22 PM
On 2007-01-04 13:50, Miao wrote:
PSO was more fun due to the fact that at the time it came out there was not alot of games simliar to it. Also it was free.

I've quit PSU and won't be returning. Most of my friends on it quit as well. They can add new weapons and new jobs but it's all the same thing. Running missions over and over and over. It's just boring but to each their own.

I'm not far from quitting. The fun factor has not been equal to PSO. On PSO, I could run through a level and maybe find a rare weapon, now it's I fun through a level and find a MATERIAL to MAKE a weapon. OH SWEET! Now I have to find 6 more of those, 3 of this, 5 of that, and 7 of that, and I have a CHANCE to POSSIBLY make a weapon, MAYBE. Then I have to wait an hour or more to see whether or not it worked. Not like in PSO, where I could just pull out the weapon and keep having fun. And what's up with this penalty for death? Gawd, if you die without a doll, people are all like OMFG YOU FUCKING DUMBASS NOOB GTFO. The one thing I do get some enjoyment from is playing Fortetecher and holding the fate of the mission in my hands. My DFP sucks, so I can easily get killed to ruin the rank, and 99.99% of people have no fucking clue how to use Star or Sol Atomizer to heal me. I can also just let people die and ruin the rank, since 99.99% of players have no fucking clue how to use Dimates or Trimates, ah, I love it. Remember people, don't piss off the healer.

Siertes
Jan 4, 2007, 06:28 PM
I got this game right the day before XMAS decorations were put up and for the most part I've been enjoying the online experience. Still, like any other online game, I run into arrogant elitists and others who have forgotten how to have fun. I really wish there were more people online who didn't care about Sranks and mission time. Perhaps they all left before I came.

I just want to kill monsters and have amusing conversations whilst doing so.

Parn
Jan 4, 2007, 06:34 PM
Nah, some of us are still here. I'm still not level 60, and it doesn't matter to me. Runs through S rank with friends take half an hour. Maybe they'll take 45 minutes. It's all gravy to me... the only thing that matters is that I look sexy, and I'm having a good time.

DikkyRay
Jan 4, 2007, 06:39 PM
yea i really love the game.
Although it seems im the only one who thinks that offline was fantastic, and that the va's were great (and dont argue with me dammit i like them)
And im with you. My MAIN is level 37, so not alot of s-rank missions for me. Id rather joke around with my buds instead

Hyda
Jan 4, 2007, 07:46 PM
I love the online ive worked to no end to get where I am so im pretty content with where I am now:)
As for Offline, I really liked the story...I like Ethan as a "bad" guy in the Online Story though>_>

Retsuya
Jan 4, 2007, 08:37 PM
well one thing I would like to say:
It is nothing like PSO
this is either a good way or a bad way (I think they are both diffrent in many ways)

a cast that can use techs?
wheres the mag?

both of them are very good

OdinTyler
Jan 5, 2007, 01:17 PM
Btw has anyone noticed MAJOR differences between online & offline? For example, you cant name your PM offline (unless Im missing something). I know you can get more types of PMs online, but, for the ones Ill have offline, Id like to at least name them. Dont get me wrong, I still love what I have. They store so much space. In fact, does anyone know how much space a PM has???

Nayte
Jan 5, 2007, 01:22 PM
You cant die in offline mode either. Not bashing extra mode but it is insanely easy, especially for an RPG.

ycavan
Jan 5, 2007, 01:23 PM
I like that you can be anything you want to be... a CAST Force doesn't sound "right", but if someone wants to play the "hard game" they can. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

'n your partner machine (PM) is your mag. When it reaches level 80 ( online mode ), it evolves to a state where it can join you in missions.

PJ
Jan 5, 2007, 01:26 PM
On 2007-01-04 13:50, Miao wrote:

PSO hasn't been free since Dreamcast version 1. There's been 4 version of the game since, ALL p2p.

And PSO is pretty much the exact same running things over shit as PSU is. EXACTLY. THE. SAME.

Only now it doesn't suck

OdinTyler
Jan 5, 2007, 01:30 PM
On 2007-01-05 10:22, Nayte wrote:
You cant die in offline mode either. Not bashing extra mode but it is insanely easy, especially for an RPG.

Wanna bet? LOL Maybe Im the only person to have the NPCs not really help out. There are many times where I swear Im soloing all the monsters, even tho I have 3 NPCs with me. Sometimes they help out & it really feels like a team. Its like they expect me to attack first, all the time. When I dont want them to hit an enemy (before I have), they kill it & swipe all the XP. I cant win! LMAO

Still, the game is great. Just wish the NPCs would be a little smarter. When Im on my Ranger, Im not supposed to be the one upfront, am I?

panzer_unit
Jan 5, 2007, 01:37 PM
On 2007-01-04 14:22, foamcup wrote:
The fun factor has not been equal to PSO. On PSO, I could run through a level and maybe find a rare weapon

... and then it's not the one you're trying to get. Or if it is the %'s suck hard and some POS shop weapon you picked up 2 years ago is still way better. So you start your millionth run, in the same zone, at the same difficulty hoping for a different result.

You can do almost any run and get materials you need, no matter how specific the item is. Only boards take any BS farming... on the other hand maybe you can find it on sale from someone who got it and doesn't need it.

Not mentioned: PSU has way more fun community-building stuff. Rooms and decor, cut in chats, nice lobbies with lots of people.

GoggleHead
Jan 5, 2007, 04:29 PM
I played the beta for as long as I could but couldn't get the game for a week or two after it came out. (Honeymoon > Gaming, if I am to believe my wife's stories.) I'm still only level 28 (as of an hour ago) and I'm still happily going along mostly soloing my way into an advanced job. I solo'd to 25 and since that I've been leaving rooms open for others to join. I find stopping all the 'I have to do it myself' stuff and sitting back and helping a guy/girl 10 levels below you get all the exp, items and have fun while safe in the fact that you'll heal and bail them out to be highly enjoyable.

Edit: The only things I dislike are some of my fellow hunters. There's lots of noobs who run around like idiots and lots of elitists who look down on you if you're not level 55+ but rarely do I find an average person who enjoys the game itself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GoggleHead on 2007-01-05 13:31 ]</font>

nefarious
Jan 5, 2007, 04:46 PM
On 2006-12-27 12:43, Pengfishh wrote:
Last night I realized my feelings toward PSU are somewhat strange. I was trying to play, trying to do all these things and I just didn't feel like it, yet I go downstairs and see a preview for PSU on the 360 on the digital cable On Demand service and get really excited.

And at work (at my little video game store), whenever someone asks about it I get really excited and passionate and all, but I haven't played for more than a collective hour in the last week.

It's because I don't have many folks to play with, I guess, and I hate random parties because of my own snobbishness and need for conversation while playing. There's an amazing number of things to do, though, and I don't understand how PSO can even compare beyond the magic of being new.

Meh.

I actually feel quite the same way...

I love the game so far.

But I haven't been playing it.

In the end, I wanna level up.

But I don't wanna waste time.

And since spamming De Ragan runs on C rank has been proven to be just about as fast as doing anything else, exp and mp wise.... it's hard to log on and do anything else... and spamming De Ragan runs gets old fast.

I really hope that there's more missions, story mode and otherwise, that get released. Otherwise I think I might just call it quits before I sink too much time/money into the game.

Sev
Jan 5, 2007, 07:14 PM
I think the whole problem with missions getting stale is this...

Just like any other game, there are certain things you can do to level up faster. If you keep doing these things, you pretty much ignore the rest of the game. That's what most people seem to do, if you wanna level up faster you'll stay on Parum and not do much of anything else... Obviously if you've been playing on Parum for 45 out of 50 levels, you're gonna be bored. That's just how it works, it's no different from those long nights of Forest - Falz followed by Endless Nightmare Ruins except it's a bit easier to repeat runs here. I don't blame anyone for takin this route, if you wanna level up the hell... It's the easiest way. I think the main problem really is that it's hard to find a good steady group of people to do runs with, if you have that then you can explore the rest of the game. Not just Parum. This may or may not change with time... Because when you think about it, even though we wanted content so badly, most of us are STILL on Parum doing De Ragan. Ironic ain't it? Maybe a new bread and butter mission'll come along though at some point though.

I love the game, and I don't plan on quitting. I haven't been playing much though, I'm really more or less waiting for more things to be unlocked before I settle back into the game. I still hop on from time to time, it's nice to have a game that I can do that with.