PDA

View Full Version : i dont agree with the Universe.com Mods for some reason or a

Itchee
Dec 27, 2006, 02:55 PM
Anyone else notice this? I read far too much stuff on the various message boards and it seems that the mods on phantasystaruniverse.com are complete a-holes.....or at least I find their responses to be of A-hole quality. Theyre rather lock-happy too.....

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

mod-edit: keep it civil.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2006-12-28 03:34 ]</font>

Mystil
Dec 27, 2006, 04:20 PM
...No. -.-

They are trying to keep the forum clean from all the troll topics and pointless negative people bashing the game. Since the misconception that they = SEGA staff is going around, the target of SEGA/PSU has now moved to them.

They are being scapegoated.

Furthermore this issue doesn't need to be brought here.

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 27, 2006, 04:30 PM
There are those who have the same impression of PSO-World staff members (Ryna in particular, for some reason), Itchee. I think it's pretty much just a matter of the sum of your initial impressions and you experience with the community in question.

They're just trying to keep their forum pleasent. Unfortunately, when you have to lock too many threads, it starts to look like a war zone, with fallen soldiers left and right. PSU has, unfortunately, brought a lot of bad attitudes with it.

DonRoyale
Dec 27, 2006, 05:18 PM
It seems that, ever since I came here, I've figured out that the people at my old forum (Pojo) were a bunch of idiots, and the moderators were kind of...strict.

Here, it's much different. Not as much idiots, and the staff here is very nice. I must say I've had some problems with this place, with some particular members, but thankfully, none of those members are still here.

And, wtf, Ryna? Idungeddit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif @_@

Sgt_Shligger
Dec 27, 2006, 06:07 PM
Well, I can get that part about Ryna ;D

*Is he reading this?*

Anyways, I can see how they're getting scapegoated >_> Sega doesn't seem to be jumping on anything http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Itchee
Dec 27, 2006, 08:01 PM
On 2006-12-27 13:30, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
There are those who have the same impression of PSO-World staff members (Ryna in particular, for some reason), Itchee. I think it's pretty much just a matter of the sum of your initial impressions and you experience with the community in question.

They're just trying to keep their forum pleasent. Unfortunately, when you have to lock too many threads, it starts to look like a war zone, with fallen soldiers left and right. PSU has, unfortunately, brought a lot of bad attitudes with it.

Fair enough. It just seems to me after speaking with both sets of moderators for different things and reading their collective replys when handling situations with people, the PSOW crew tends to act a bit more professional. Perhaps thats just me. Mind you, im not talking about administrators...just the moderators underneath them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itchee on 2006-12-27 17:10 ]</font>

Itchee
Dec 27, 2006, 08:03 PM
On 2006-12-27 13:20, Mystil wrote:
Furthermore this issue doesn't need to be brought here.

Where? In the rants forum with the other stuff deemed unfit for the average viewer? Would you rather have had me post this in the Main forum where it would turn into a flame-fest?

KodiaX987
Dec 27, 2006, 08:39 PM
He means that it's not a good idea to badmouth other forums. This can generate forum wars, and is a waste of time and intelligence for both parties involved.

Kent
Dec 28, 2006, 01:18 AM
...You say that as if intelligence is like, you know, actually used in forum wars...

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 28, 2006, 03:02 AM
On 2006-12-27 17:01, Itchee wrote:
It just seems to me after speaking with both sets of moderators for different things and reading their collective replys when handling situations with people, the PSOW crew tends to act a bit more professional. Perhaps thats just me. Mind you, im not talking about administrators...just the moderators underneath them.

Well, we do choose our staff rather carefully, here. I dunno what it takes to get on the staff, there. Still, the vote of confidence is appreciated.

Mystil
Dec 28, 2006, 07:56 PM
On 2006-12-27 17:39, KodiaX987 wrote:
He means that it's not a good idea to badmouth other forums. This can generate forum wars, and is a waste of time and intelligence for both parties involved.

Exactly.

And the official site has become emo land... all threads are hate threads. It's going to get like that here eventually.

Ryna
Dec 29, 2006, 05:17 PM
I know several of the moderators on the Universe forums. Most of them are/were active members on this site. They are decent people trying to enforce the rules on a fairly busy forum.

From what I've seen, they have basic moderator powers like moving threads, locking threads, deleting posts, and splitting threads. So if a group is being particularly troublesome, you are likely to see several locked threads.

Most of the threads that were locked on the Universe forums, would have been locked here too. Whenever I see a locked thread there, it is usually locked because the thread went off-topic or turned into a flame-fest. Given the current state of cheating and the passion with which some people play this game, you are likely to see a lot of conflict when it comes to certain topics.

Based on my personal experience, the troublemakers are typically the ones that try to portray moderators as assholes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

EDIT:

On 2006-12-28 16:56, Mystil wrote:
And the official site has become emo land... all threads are hate threads. It's going to get like that here eventually.

I should create a subforum where people can vent. Any "hate" threads will be moved to that subforum. It is a wonder that one hasn't been created before... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-12-29 14:20 ]</font>

DonRoyale
Dec 29, 2006, 05:28 PM
On 2006-12-29 14:17, Ryna wrote:
I know several of the moderators on the Universe forums. Most of them are/were active members on this site. They are decent people trying to enforce the rules on a fairly busy forum.

From what I've seen, they have basic moderator powers like moving threads, locking threads, deleting posts, and splitting threads. So if a group is being particularly troublesome, you are likely to see several locked threads.

Most of the threads that were locked on the Universe forums, would have been locked here too. Whenever I see a locked thread there, it is usually locked because the thread went off-topic or turned into a flame-fest. Given the current state of cheating and the passion with which some people play this game, you are likely to see a lot of conflict when it comes to certain topics.

Based on my personal experience, the troublemakers are typically the ones that try to portray moderators as assholes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

In all honesty, there's guaranteed to be one mod that nobody likes. They enforce the rules, but they do it very...rudely. They're always:

"DON'T DO THIS AGAIN OR YOU'LL BE BANNED OK SHUT THE FUCK UP NAO http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif *locks/deletes*"

instead of

"All right, I'm warning you now: Please don't post a topic like this again. If you do, I'll have to ban you, OK? Thanks *locks*"

It's all the attitude of the moderator that attracts positive or negative feedback.

I love it here. Everyone's so...nice...=DD

Well, of late, some people annoy me...But it was different back in Pojo...I practically ran that site (reputation-wise), and everyone and their mom knew me. I go back, and see what sorry state it was in now. Threads were being deleted every two seconds, none of the respectable moderators were actually moderating anymore, it was horrible.

So, I've permanently moved here. I must say this is the most...stable forum experience I've had thus far, mostly because of the positive opinions I have on the moderators compared to other moderators from other sites.

Really, it depends on how the site is run. Different forum purposes (topics, activities and such) require different rules. People will break them-it's inevitable, but how the moderators approach that is a different story. I imagine they're going to get fed up from multiple rule-breakings a day and having to literally treat the members like children sometimes, banning IP's left and right. Here, though, I suppose it's pretty straightforward, so there's not really that much to moderate.

And all the rules are strictly and heavily enforced on those types of tightly-knit forums. You break them, you're gone. Period.

Like, for example, about a month after I signed up, remember how I misused the privelege of my user title and had it taken away from me? I had my doubts, and my opinions-on any forum I've frequented previously, I'd never have gotten my title back. However, having it back just reminds me how great this site is.

LONG LIVE PSOW!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I'll shut up now...

Mystil
Dec 29, 2006, 06:47 PM
I should create a subforum where people can vent. Any "hate" threads will be moved to that subforum. It is a wonder that one hasn't been created before... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Get ready to do lots of moving. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Oh wait that's right. You already have!

Why not change the name of this 'subforum' to PSU: Serious Business?
(that is a rhetorical question)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2006-12-29 15:51 ]</font>

Ryna
Dec 29, 2006, 07:15 PM
On 2006-12-29 15:47, Mystil wrote:
Get ready to do lots of moving. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Oh wait that's right. You already have!

Why not change the name of this 'subforum' to PSU: Serious Business?
(that is a rhetorical question)

Most of the complainers quit back in early December. Remember all the content complaint threads?

There are only a couple of thingsat this point, such as a rollback, that would generate another reaction like that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-12-29 16:15 ]</font>

DonRoyale
Dec 29, 2006, 07:45 PM
OGOD, that content complaint thread influx is what really killed this site.

Made me just basically quit ranting on here, period.

There was always MySpace blogs, but meh >>

Mystil
Dec 31, 2006, 08:13 AM
In all of PSOW history there was only one member of staff that I really did not like both as a person and a member. He was the first and only one I ever butt heads with and nearly banned me. The thread where we clashed still exists. He's no longer around and I'm so glad.