PDA

View Full Version : What do you think an Armor with a somewhat high Dark % is wo

DarkSeph
Dec 28, 2006, 02:19 AM
....or for that matter what do you think it would take as a Dark Percentage to resist the Megid Attacks of the Deljabans in Linear Line S missions?

I'm having trouble getting an upgraded Armor, I'm level 47 Fortetecher and I'm still using a Crappy Megaline http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I'm either gonna have to try and make a 6 star Har or something like that, maybe a Hoza...and substitute Dark Photons to try and get some decent resistance to those Purple Puke Balls the Deljabans love to throw!

......I am willing to pay for an already commissioned 6* or higher Armor with enough Dark Resistance to avoid those attacks.....lol! I'm sure anyone would be willing to pay for that.....well If I can't buy one of someone else I guess I'll be making em and selling them myself http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Nani-chan
Dec 28, 2006, 03:32 AM
npc : 6* Rabol Tero with 21% dark is worth 95k

I wonder if that is enough Dark%. Wish I knew the elemental % formula.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2006-12-28 00:49 ]</font>

DarkSeph
Dec 28, 2006, 03:40 AM
SAAAWWWEEETTTT!!!! Thank You Nani-chan http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DarkSeph
Dec 28, 2006, 03:42 AM
Awwwww Crap! I would never be able to wear it though......the Defense requirement is through the roof! Damn http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Dragonkat
Dec 28, 2006, 10:24 AM
Pretty sure it wouldn't matter anyway. As resiting the insta death part of megid is probably tied to your sta stat, and not the resists on your armor.

I'm wearing the tero myself and even C rank mad beast Jabras will megid kill me with a lucky hit if I putz around there. Generally I haven't seen much of a difference in the number of hits I need to take either.

Now damage wise?

lvl 55 newman female figunner + tero = A rank LL mobs hitting me for 7-30 points a hit.

Makes me really wonder if %'s > stats on any armor regardless of brand name.

onami
Dec 28, 2006, 11:53 AM
38% Dark Nafri-senba + Mega/Rainbow as a lv60 Human Fortetecher = All LL S Megids hit for 0.

Though in Lab Recovery S, I take from 70-90 on the Megids. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Witchblade56
Dec 28, 2006, 11:54 AM
%'s only count for the PA attack element. STA unit will further reduce the chance of proc on insta death [by a marginally small amount].

High % on your armor will not save you on physical attacks. Mega wall will help you take more physical dmg but will not reduce the chances of proc on megid attacks. I found out alot of this the hard way by trying it out myself.

Dmg i received from ice attacks with my ice ageha-senba and mega rainbow were significantly less than when i slapped on my megawall unit.

The def and evasion on a given piece of armor help only with physical attacks. Elemental %'s work for PA type attacks such as barta etc. Also please note that if you are hit by fire element PA wearing an ice % armor it counts -AGAINST- you for dmg. Mega/Rainbow does not count against you on any elemental attacks as it gives a flat out 8% bonus to all PA elemental attacks. I dont know for sure if it overrides the deficit against you if youre wearing elemental armor weak to a given attack i.e. ice armor being worn when De ragan is spamming its fireballs/fire breath at you.

If someone has more accurate info plz correct me on this but these are my findings thus far http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

[Edited for correction to myself]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2006-12-28 09:00 ]</font>

SonicTMP
Dec 28, 2006, 03:38 PM
As far as I've encounted its quite the opposite from Witchblade. Elemental armor makes big differance vs mob attacks. Physical or tech. All attacks that ceom a mob are based on their element. You won't notice a big damage drop if you aren't using 20% or more nor will that 8% rainbow make much a differance alone but combine rainbow unit and high armor.... Test it though. Go get smacked in the opposite armor or netural and you should notice a differance.

Notice tech wise you don't normmaly see a mob use a different element tech. Neduaiz relic mobs all use grants (i assume since we don't have it for us) All the LL mobs are using megid.
You get diga from the mobs (don't remember name) in metanoob.

And as far as I've seen. I've blocked forie, barta, gizonde, grants, etc. Blocking for players means evade. So it's not melee attacks only.

Melee weapons take the element and factor it in your normal attack and the PA. It's logical to think that it works the saem way from the mobs. Their alligned element is what all their attacks are.

So thus armor, as far as i've seen, works to reduce all damage sources from that element. Just you're never going to see armor with elemental resistance past 30% from a shop and its going to be very VERY hard to synth something that high and have the rainbow slot aviable. Any armor too high % + its natural def/mst/evd would nullify all damage from that element mob. Sega isn't dumb enough to make it that easy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SonicTMP on 2006-12-28 12:40 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Dec 28, 2006, 06:36 PM
Elemental percentage on armor definitely affects resistance to physical attacks. I can waltz by Vandas and take no damage except from Diga with my +24% Fire Gigaline. This is especially nice when they breathe fire since it won't do any damage and thus cannot set me on fire. Percentage is *extremely* valuable if you look at it that way.

Witchblade56
Dec 28, 2006, 06:54 PM
Since when does elemental resist [fire] have anything to do with the elemental base of a mob? You waltz by vandas and take no dmg? what level are you? What race for that matter since newmans have the highest eva of all the races. Last time i checked a 0 dmg hit counts as the mobs miss instead of nullified dmg. I can see that being true for a level 60 playing with c rank mission mobs. You're still going to get hit though regardless of level cap. It might be once every 15-20 hits lol and only maybe for 2-3 dmg [example not fact] but your still going to get smacked.

No arguement though that elemental resist on an armor piece extremely valuable but its situational. I wouldnt wear that fire gigaline in neudaiz.

There's two ways that armors help you when fighting mobs [as I understand it]. Elemental %'s help with PA' attacks such as foie etc. Def/Eva help with the actual physical strike from the mobs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2006-12-28 15:56 ]</font>

Ether
Dec 28, 2006, 06:59 PM
Elemental resists affects physical attacks, end of story

Get some lightning armor and try it out on Vahra

Witchblade56
Dec 28, 2006, 06:59 PM
>.> proof; screen shots i say!

Seriously though does a melee attack from a mob count against us in the same way that our attacks gain bonuses for having used an elemental weapon?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2006-12-28 16:06 ]</font>

Golto
Dec 28, 2006, 07:03 PM
Elemental resist does effect melee dmg from monsters. Try it yourself and find out.

CelestialBlade
Dec 28, 2006, 07:11 PM
I'm level 39, but other creatures (Kog Nadd, those big ugly things that are ice element, etc) do still damage me. And it's not evasion, it happens consistently. Seriously, try it. If something is fire element, its physical attacks will also be fire element.

Ryo_Hayasa
Dec 28, 2006, 07:16 PM
Ok. I'm having a hard time understanding this all since there are so many different ideals suggesting different things. So, i'm going to put all this in a nutshell and if i'm wrong anywhere, please tell me so i and others can know. -ahem-

Megid's Insta death is considered a Status affect as it is an add-on affect of Megid's normal nature. (That would make sense, since later on we get bullets that can cause instanta death) And so the best way to take care of this is to pump up your Stamina (thus would negate this and other SEs

Now, Percents on Armors Ex: fire armor are add-ons to the normal Defense factor, so if you were hit by Foie (Even from a non fire enemy) you would get reduced damage. Now from Fire Element Enemies, any and all attacks from them (except say: none-fire techs) you would get reduced damage. and possibly even less for a Fire mob that used Foie.

So, as a hit from megid wearing 50% dark armor would earn you possibly a 1/2 cut in damage. it will not protect you from instant death. As you could wear light armor (say 20%) but have your stamina pumped up VERY high, you'd take 1.5x more damage (i suppose) but the likely hood of being killed instantly would be cut.

Is this right?

Ether
Dec 28, 2006, 07:20 PM
Everything you said Ryo seems to be correct. However there are two ways to beat megid, very high stamina, or getting your mst and dark resist high enough so that you take 0 damage from it. The latter is why so many fortetechers want dark armor, because we have insane mst and actually can negate megid with 20% dark or so

Ryo_Hayasa
Dec 28, 2006, 07:57 PM
oh that's right i completely forgot that if you take zero damage from any sorta tech. you don't have any chance of getting SE'd

DarkSeph
Dec 28, 2006, 08:25 PM
....soooooooo, apparently a lot of this went wayyy over my head.......very depressed now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I still don't know what I should do to move from a Megaline to a better armor....it sounds like increaseing my stamina, mst, and dark resistance is what I need to do but I am still at a loss then what type of armor I should by/or make and what units I should have.....

CelestialBlade
Dec 28, 2006, 08:35 PM
Ryo, that all looks correct to me too, based on what I've experienced. Good summary.

DarkSeph, upgrading armor certainly never hurts, but I think you can simplify this by realizing what needs to be done in order to achieve increased Stamina, MST, Dark resist, and DEF. For the Dark resist and DEF, upgrade your armor to something that comes with Dark resist or synth an armor equal to or better than what you have now, but use Megi-Photons. Stamina and MST can be increased by Units, so when you're deciding on said armor, make sure you have a Head and an Extra slot. Using the appropriate units should help you get a start on boosting MST and Stamina. Hope that at least gives you a place to start.

DarkSeph
Dec 28, 2006, 08:39 PM
Thank You Typheros, and everyone who helped clear this up, I truely appreciate it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I will have PURE PM's of every kind soon (360 version) so if I can ever help anyone let me know.

Ether
Dec 28, 2006, 08:40 PM
If you're going for elemental resist, body slot is the most important for the mega/rainbow unit

SolomonGrundy
Dec 28, 2006, 08:57 PM
Here are some true statements

elemental % on armor protects you from melee AND from spell damage of that elemental type.

You take MORE damge for creatures of the opposite type (I confrimed this personally)

it is not a 1:1 ratio - an armor with only 15% dark might be 50% better vs creatures dark attacks.

The unit "rainbow wall" is a great unti for this reason. 8% elemental is far better than 14 DFP.

It **IS** possible to evade magical attacks. I reapeat, it IS possible.

Speculation:
If you can reduce megid damage to zero, you cannot be killed by the instant death.

You can only evade block spells if you have an elemental % on your armor.

imfanboy
Dec 28, 2006, 11:15 PM
OK.

Here's the skinny.

I bring both ice (32%) and fire (38%) armors when I do mizu defense runs. If I'm wearing the ice armor and get attacked by the worms, I take upwards of 220 damage (as a GT 4 lv55). If I switch to the fire armor, I take 50.

Somehow, that sounds like a pretty significant difference to me, and that's their melee attacks.

Try it out yourself! Or you can come watch me!

(starts synthing some earth and lightning armors for solo runs) Zeetlines ftw!

SonicTMP
Dec 28, 2006, 11:23 PM
On 2006-12-28 17:57, SolomonGrundy wrote:
Speculation:
If you can reduce megid damage to zero, you cannot be killed by the instant death.

You can only evade block spells if you have an elemental % on your armor.

I highly doubt that you need elemental armor to block spells. Wearing a self made gigaline in neudaiz relics and I blocked grants. Why would a fire element let me block a light element? It would count as netural since they aren't opposites or the same.

I think with the whole evade/block of spells people are forgeting spells/techs are still Photon Arts. Photon arts are simply a different attack option in PSU. MST lowers the damage from the techs while DEF lowers damage from physical hits. Evade allows you to block either.

DarkSeph
Dec 29, 2006, 12:13 AM
This is awesome information, thank you everyone who is contributing... I myself have noticed an increase in shield blocking if that's what you call it since I switched to Fortefighter....that seriously increased the MST/EVA stats which I thought blowed! at first cuz I didn't know what those stats were for really....now that I realize what is happening I should probably focus on leveling up my Class more than my Char level maybe...hmmm.... Not that I don't try but the only one I can get decent points for is Holy Ground B....I got through A just fine but those dang bosses teaming up like that wasted me till I was a C For the win http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ShadowHado
Dec 29, 2006, 12:33 AM
just wanted to add that i've failed Phantom Line (Dark elemental) 4 times straight, with a pure armor pm.

thats roughly 700k down the drain. On XBox360, that means something. It sucks.

I highly recommend something like making your own 6* at the most, until you have A-Rank slots for it to matter.

Personally, if there were someone selling Dark Nafri-Senba that was upwards of 30%, I'd be willing to pay over 1mil for it if I had the cash. Nafri-Senba increases Daggers, and a dark percent that high would just be amazing. Especially with t3h Rainbow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowHado on 2006-12-28 21:38 ]</font>

SonicTMP
Dec 29, 2006, 01:53 AM
With a dark % that high, and if it had a body slot for rainbow you'd be talking in the 100mil price range Shadow.

DarkSeph
Dec 29, 2006, 03:34 AM
On 2006-12-28 22:53, SonicTMP wrote:
With a dark % that high, and if it had a body slot for rainbow you'd be talking in the 100mil price range Shadow.

........this isn't PC/PS2 were talking about....at least me, (360 user)....I'd pay 500K I guess for a Sori-Senba or Hiragi-Senba with 30+ Dark %...but that's all. I feel bad for Shadow and his Synth failures but I am still going to try myself to Synth a good Dark Armor or buy one for a "reasonable" price........I mean, there is profit and then there is Gouging!

Remedy
Dec 29, 2006, 03:46 AM
On 2006-12-28 21:33, ShadowHado wrote:
Nafri-Senba increases DaggersNo, Nafri-senba boost the Nafli-zashi, Yohmei's 2* single dagger. None other.

SonicTMP
Dec 29, 2006, 05:07 PM
On 2006-12-29 00:34, DarkSeph wrote:

On 2006-12-28 22:53, SonicTMP wrote:

........this isn't PC/PS2 were talking about....at least me, (360 user)....I'd pay 500K I guess for a Sori-Senba or Hiragi-Senba with 30+ Dark %...but that's all. I feel bad for Shadow and his Synth failures but I am still going to try myself to Synth a good Dark Armor or buy one for a "reasonable" price........I mean, there is profit and then there is Gouging!

No you don't get it. it's not the fact there's meseta duping over here. It's the fact of how high the elemental % is. Your talking 30% plus a rainbow on a sori/hiragi-senba. Thats almost 40% damage reduction from that element.

Notice how the Hardline has 31% fire but no body slot. If it allowed for rainbow you could go do SS dragon and not even get tickled.

100mil is exessive. But realisticly if something has 30%+ elemental and a body slot, it's worth several million and then some.